A free international phone call app allows users to make calls and send messages worldwide without cost. Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology enables these applications to run online. Therefore, you do not need a SIM card or pay for international calling rates on free VoIP apps. Most free international calling apps support all devices. You can simultaneously use them on mobiles, tabs, computers, and even desk phones. International calling app requires a good internet connection to provide a seamless experience. These tools are readily available on all operating systems. Once you sign up for the service, add people from your contacts or search on the platform. Besides calling internationally, you can send texts, voice notes, multimedia, documents, and more.
Best Apps for Free International Calls
|Name||Platforms||Key Features||Call Quality||International Calls||Free In-App Calls||Pricing||Link|
|Hushed||Android & iOS||Multiple numbers, Cross-platform, Customized voicemail||Excellent Audio Calls||Yes||No||$25 for a lifetime||Learn More|
|Google Voice||Android, iOS, & Web||Voicemail, call Forwarding, texting||Excellent Audio Calls||Yes||Yes||$10 to $30 Per Month||Learn More|
|Android, Windows, iOS, macOS & More.||Muli-Media Sharing, End-to-End encryption||HD Audio & Video Calls||Yes||Yes||Free||Learn More|
|Skype||Android, iOS, Windows, macOS & More||Screen Sharing, Call Forwarding||HD Audio & Video Calls||Yes||Yes||Number for $6.5/month||Learn More|
|FaceTime||iOS & macOS||Group Calls, SharePlay, Live transcription on video calls||HD Audio & Video Calls||Yes||Yes||Free||Learn More|
|RingCentral||Android, iOS, Windows, & macOS||Business or toll-free phone numbers, Multi-level auto attendant.||HD Audio & Video Calls||Yes||No||$20 Per Month||Learn More|
On RingCentral Website
On Nextiva’s Website
On Phone.com Website
Virtual Number for International Calling
Hushed is an online calling service provider that offers a free virtual number to all its users. The VoIP app only has audio calling alongside text and multimedia sharing. Hushed is recognized as one of the best free international phone call apps because of its high voice quality.
Furthermore, it lets you test the service in a 3-day free trial. You can benefit from Hushed by availing multiple numbers from countries like US, Canada, and UK.
- Complete Anonymity: Hushed app offers fake phone numbers. So, you can hide your identity while making international calls or sending messages.
- Customizable Voicemail: The feature enables you to customize your callers’ greetings.
- Auto-responders: Respond promptly to your customers’ queries even when you are unavailable.
- Call Forwarding: Receive incoming calls to any mobile number without missing out on anything.
- Multiple lines: Own and manage multiple numbers in one place with the Hushed app.
- Burner number: The temporary number can be purchased cheaply for one-time use.
- Third-party Integration: Hushed app can collaborate with apps like Slack and Dropbox.
Operating Systems: Android, iOS.
International Calls: Starting at $4.99 (Includeds$1.00 credit.
Free Version: No.
Free Trial: 3-Day Trial. Lifetime Plan for $25
Lifetime Plan for $25
2) Google Voice
Business-Centric Solution for International Calling
With its exceptional internet calling, Google Voice is popular among the business community. The user-friendly interface and advanced functionality make it the best international calling app. Google Voice offers competitive pricing plans tailored for both professional and personal use.
It lets you place free calls within the app, but you need a plan subscription for mobile and landlines. In the United States, users can call within US and Canada for free. Call rates to other major regions vary from $0.01 to $2 per minute. Some international calls may involve higher costs.
- Cross-Platform: Use Google Voice on any device and operating system without any compatibility issues.
- Spam Call Filtering: The Voice over Internet Protocol app has a feature that automatically blocks spam or unwanted calls.
- Free Calls: It lets you make unlimited free PC-to-PC voice calls worldwide.
- Voicemail Transcription: It will transcribe your voicemail messages to text for convenience.
- Conference Calling: Make free group calls with up to 10 participants. A paid subscription lets you have a call conference with up to 25 participants.
- Caller ID: Google Voice shows the caller ID of unknown incoming calls. It helps you to know who is calling even before picking up the call.
- Call Recording: Record voice calls so that you can listen to them in the future.
- Ai Attendant: Built-in automated attendant transfers calls between extensions.
- Integration: Link your voice account with Workspace apps like Google Meet, Google Chat & Google Calendar.
Operating Systems: Android, iOS, Web.
International Calls: Monthly subscription ranges from $10 to $30.
Free App: Yes, with basic features.
One App for Everything
A large number of people use WhatsApp worldwide. The multifunctional messaging app offers a one-stop solution for various communication needs. You can make high-quality audio/video calls, send text, voice notes, and multimedia. More importantly, you don’t have to pay for these features as WhatsApp runs online.
Meta-owned VoIP app also targets businesses with its advanced functionality. WhatsApp allows you to run your eCommerce store locally on the platform. It has an application for every operating system that functions well on all smart devices.
- Secure & Private: End-to-End Encryption in WhatsApp keeps your chats safe and private from peekers.
- Free Messages and Calls: Call internationally free of cost and send messages to any WhatsApp user worldwide.
- Group Chats: Build communities by creating group chats with up to 1024 people.
- Expressive Messaging: It lets you express yourself with features like stickers, Gifs, status, and more.
- WhatsApp Business: Includes business profiles and messaging tools. The automated greetings feature enhances communication with customers.
- Edit Messages: WhatsApp is introducing the edit message option. Now, you can edit the text you have sent.
- WhatsApp payment: In some regions, WhatsApp has a payment feature to send or receive any amount in dollars.
Operating Systems: Android, Windows, iOS, MacOS & More.
International Calls: Free calls with VoIP technology.
Free Trial: WhatsApp Business for 30 days.
Free Version: Yes.
Free Long Distance International Call App
Skype is a go-to app for businesses to conduct video conferencing. The Voice Over Internet Protocol app is known for its free long-distance international calling capabilities. Screen sharing and group calling make it ideal for online presentations. You can initiate unlimited free Voice and video calls to other Skype users worldwide.
To make international or local calls to phone and landline numbers, you are required to subscribe to a package. The international phone calls app offers competitive per-minute rates. You can also exchange messages with non-skype users at an additional cost.
- Private Chat: Have a conversation with anyone without worrying about privacy. Skype chats are protected by end-to-end encryption.
- Group Calls: It lets you have group calls with up to 100 people.
- Subtitles & Translation: Skype users can get live captioning and translation on video calls.
- Call Offline: International calling to any landline and mobile number.
- Call Forwarding: Redirect incoming calls to another phone number to avoid missing them.
- Emoji Reactions: Smartly respond to messages by reacting to them using emojis.
- Local Numbers: Get a mobile number from one of the 25 available countries/regions.
- Add Contacts: Conveniently add people to Skype from your contact book.
- Cross-Platforms: Receive calls on devices like computers, phones, and notepads.
Operating Systems: Android, Windows, iOS, MacOS & Linux.
International Calls: Skype number at just $6.50 monthly.
Free Trial: 30 days in some regions.
Free Version: Yes.
Free Quality Calling App For iPhone Users
Exclusively available for Apple users, Facetime comes with a calling solution utilizing the internet. Make free international calls online with your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and iPod touch device. Non-Apple users are allowed to join the call on the invitation but cannot initiate calls.
With Facetime, exchange messages, notes, media, and more. You require an Apple to begin using FaceTime. The app automatically registers with your phone number on your iPhone, simplifying the setup process.
- VoIP Technology: The app uses Voice Over Internet Protocol technology to provide the best call quality.
- Invitation Link: You can create an invitation link for anyone to join the call. This feature is primarily for non-apple users.
- Screen Sharing: It has advanced features like screen sharing to target businesses.
- Blur Background: During video calls, you can hide your background in portrait mode.
- Spatial Audio: Facetime has advanced spatial audio functions for the best user experience during calls.
- SharePlay: Watch movies, tv-series or listen to your favorite music with friends during video calls.
- Subtitles: The VoIP app provides live captions while you have video conferencing with someone.
- Floating Video Chat: Have video chats while you use other apps on your device.
Operating Systems: iPad, iPhone, MacBook, and Non-Apple users (on the invitation.)
International Calls: Free Calls with VoIP technology.
Free Version: Yes – It is Free to use tool.
Free Trial: No.
Perfect VoIP Service for Small Teams
RingCentral comes with all the communication options but may have some limitations. You get audio video/video calling, messaging, and file sharing. However, you can only make one outbound call with several incoming calls. RingCentral also requires an internet connection to work, so you don’t have to worry about additional charges.
To make international calls, you must activate the functionality from the RingCentral settings. The free long-distance international call app also allows multiple phone lines, including toll-free numbers.
- Toll-Free Number: Provide toll-free numbers without any added cost.
- Integration: Incorporate your RingCentral account with over 300 apps.
- IVR System: Built-in Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system handles tasks like call transferring.
- SMS and MMS: Send or receive text, audio, and video messages using the RingCentral app.
- Audio/Video Calls: Make unlimited audio and video calls around the globe in high definition.
- Voicemail Transcription: Read your audio messages as text with the voicemail transcription feature.
- Group Calls: 4 to 500 participants can have a video and audio call, depending on your subscription.
- Email and eFax: Receive your voicemail through email. Also, the app brings Internet fax capacity.
- Easy Setup: You can set up the RingCentral services using mobile, computer, and desk phones.
- International Numbers: Buy multiple international numbers from 55 countries at the extra cost of $5.99/month each.
- Account Handling: Manage and administer the usage. See reports and call logs in one place.
Operating Systems: Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS.
International Calls: $20 Starting with additional per-minute charges.
Free Version: Yes.
Free Trial: 14-day trial & 30 days refund policy.
Selecting the right service becomes hard when a lot of options are in the market. The perfect international calling app has to be reliable and cost-effective. We have reviewed these applications, and here is our verdict:
- Google Voice and Hushed apps target businesses by providing services like multiple lines and Ai attendants. However, these VoIP apps only provide audio calls.
- You get voice calling, video calling, messaging, and file sharing on RingCentral. It is a comprehensive yet cheap international calling solution. The cherry on top is a toll-free number without additional cost.
Google Voice and the Hushed app are perfect for large businesses. On the other hand, RingCentral provides many features but is more suitable for personal and small businesses.