Wifi texting apps are the best alternative to regular SMS service. In fact, these applications are much more advanced than the usual text messaging app. WiFi texting solutions are cost-effective as, unlike the traditional SMS packs, you only have to pay for the WiFi or mobile data or subscribe to their monthly minimum charges.
They are not only mere texting apps but also have highly useful advanced features like voice and video calls, location sharing, emojis, gifs, and much more. You can also send and receive all kinds of media like videos, pictures, audio, and music. The other useful feature of these apps is their compatibility across platforms, so you can also use your tablet and desktop to access their services.
Therefore, to help you find the best WiFi texting app, we have curated a list with the top seven service providers. Read more…
Best WiFi Texting Apps: Free & Paid
|Tools Name||SMS to local or Mobile Numbers||Supported platform||Security||Unlimited Texting||Cost||Link|
|👍 RingCentral||yes||Desktop, Mobile, Web, iOS, and Android||Industry procedures and security standards||No||$20 for Core, $25 for the Advanced version, & $35 for Ultra||Learn More|
|👍 Nextiva||Yes||iOS, Android, Desktop||24/7 monitoring and security||Yes||$18.95||Learn More|
|Hushed||Yes||iOS, Android||End-to-End encryption||Yes||Lifetime Free for $25||Learn More|
|Google Voice||Yes||iOS, Android, Chrome, Microsoft||Built-in security for blocking threats and malware||Yes||Free for US, Business pricing starts at $10 monthly||Learn More|
|TextFree||yes||iOS, Android, Desktop||Encrypted servers||Yes||Free app (Upgrade version available $9.99)||Learn More|
RingCentral is one of the leading business cloud phone systems. Using this texting app, you get a unified business number that you can use to send text, voice, MMS, and fax.
It is also capable of team collaboration and has customizable tabs, embedded apps, themes, task management, and personal folders. RingCentral also lets you start a call or meeting with just a click.
- Business SMS: It provides business SMS for Microsoft Teams. You can send SMS to groups or individuals natively in Teams.
- Network connections: Both inbound and outbound text and calls use WiFi connection or the specified calling minutes of your data plan. RingCentral is partnered with major carriers like AT&T in the US, UK, and Canada.
- Live Video: It lets you set up meeting rooms for your remote teams and join a virtual meeting with its live video capability. The members can come in and out of this Team Huddle as they like.
- Easy switch: You can jump to a phone or video call from your team chat app without needing to open a different application or closing the conversation.
- Compliance: RingCentral is a HIPPA complaint app. It has several other certifications like ISO 27001, 27017, 27028, and 22301, SO3 Report, and many more making it one of the best WiFi texting apps.
- Integrations: It integrates with top CRM like Zoho CRM, Salesforce, Hubspot, SugarCRM, SalesNexus, Salpo CRM, and more.
- Supported platforms: RingCentral supports desktop, mobile, web, iOS, and Android.
It starts at $20 for Core, $25 for the Advanced version, and $35 for Ultra, all these plans are charged per user per month and are billed annually. RingCentral is supported in over 45 countries.
15-Day Free Trial
Nextiva is a business text messaging application that provides a business phone number. This wifi message app manages your conversations and simplifies engaging with customers and your teams.
You can keep all your conversations in a centralized location with SMS, phone, email, and video, along with productivity and customer experience tools.
- Unlimited Texts: Send and receive unlimited messages with the business number. Get unlimited free calls in the US, Puerto Rico, and Canada using VoIP, all free of extra charges.
- Works with Poor WiFi: With Nextiva’s powerful and stable internet connection, you can get high-quality audio services. No voice delays, jitters, low bandwidth, and echoing.
- Additional Features: Its additional features include Auto-replies, Schedule texts, internal threads, Voicemail transcriptions, and more.
- Group calling: You can collaborate with people over high-quality video conferences from anywhere using VoIP without any limits.
- Compliance and security: The use of SMS is allowed on HIPPA accounts. The data centers are also SOC II audited, SSAE 16 certified, and provide PCI-DSS certification.
- Local Business Numbers: You can use your business phone number to acquire a new local or toll-free number for a local presence.
- Supported Platforms: As an application, it supports mobile operating systems iOS 12.0 and newer, Android 4.4 and newer, and desktops.
Pricing starts at $18.95. Residents of the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico can get a Number. The service integrates with Outlook, CRM, and others. The professional and enterprise plans are $22.95 and $32.95 per user per month, respectively.
30-Day Free Trial
Hushed is a second phone number provider that you can use for all purposes instead of giving away your personal digits. It is useful for making private WiFi and data calls, sending texts and images, and managing multiple numbers.
This WiFi texting app protects your privacy by letting you choose virtual numbers from US, Canada, and UK. Using Hushed, you can also systematically segregate your business and personal calls and texts.
- SMS and MMS: You can send texts, images, gifs, and audio and keep all your conversations safe. It also lets you delete your texts anytime without a trace.
- Multiple numbers: Hushed lets you own as many numbers as you want and get rid of them when you no longer need them.
- Text auto-replies: Respond to texts received on your Hushed number automatically and define rules and responses for every case.
- Multiple devices: You can use Hushed on any mobile device, simply login to your account, connect it with WiFi or data, and turn the device into your phone.
- Compliance and security: This wifi text app has two different privacy policies for European and Californian residents. Additionally, Hushed version 4 now supports end-to-end encryption.
- Additional features: Some of the other important features of Hushed are calling, call forwarding, call routing, and custom voicemail greeting.
- Supported platforms: This WiFi calling app works on both Android and iOS devices. It supports OS versions like iOS 16.1.1 and Android 11 and above.
For just $25 you get a lifetime number. The plan gives you yearly usage allowance of 6000 SMS and 1000 call minutes. These limts auto renew every year.
Life Time Validity for $25
4) Google Voice
Google Voice is a WiFi calling app for all devices, and it works on both smartphones and the web. It lets you make and receive calls from anywhere.
Google Voice has simple navigation and voicemail transcripts, and it lets you manage your calls with its smart features. You can easily block spam, forward calls to any device, and selectively become reachable or unreachable to any caller.
- Unlimited text: It is one of the best free text apps for Android that offer unlimited service for all devices and platforms. You can separate your professional conversations from your personal texts even while texting from the same phone.
- Voice mail transcripts: This free WiFi texting app converts voicemails to transcripts with the help of speech-to-text technology. You can scan through transcripts instead of listening to them one by one.
- Screen calls: You can evaluate the call before you answer with its characteristics and determine how you want to answer it.
- Compliance: Google Voice is HIPPA compliant. Its services are completely compliant with several other regulations, from health care to the financial sector and federal rules.
- Integrations: Google Voice application integrates with its WorkSpace apps like Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar, and Google Meet.
- Additional features: Block callers, stay safe from spam, call forwarding, and call recording.
- Supported platforms: It is a WiFi text app for Android, Apple Mac, and iOS latest versions, and Windows.
Google Voice pricing starts at $10, and all calls to US and Canada are free.You can use any area code as long as the number is available and you can check for its availability by browsing. Its services are available in the US, Europe, Canada, Ireland, and the UK.
TextFree is a free texting application that is available for popular mobile operating systems and desktops. It lets you look for area codes and select a number that is suitable for you.
Using TextFree, you can start calling and texting for free immediately after you receive your number. It supports unlimited WiFi calls and texts along with MMS and video.
- Unlimited free texting: You can send texts, videos, pictures, and emojis for free from both your phone and the web.
- Group text messages: You can start a group chat and share texts, videos, pictures, and emojis from both web and your phone.
- Voicemail to text: This best free texting app translates the voicemail into scripts for your convenience, so you can read it or skim through it when you cannot listen to the voicemail.
- Custom phone number: It lets you pick the area code easily and acquire a unique phone number for all kinds of purposes.
- Integrations: TextFree integrates with Zendesk, a helpdesk application that operates as a customer service portal and is a CRM tool.
- Supported platforms: This WiFi text messaging app supports iPad, iPhone, Android devices, and desktops.
It is a free app, and you can get an upgraded version named TextFree Plus at $9.99 per month, $39.99 for half-yearly, and $69.99 yearly. It is available in the countries US and Canada.
TextNow is a texting service that lets you text for free throughout the country. Connect with your desired contacts anywhere and anytime. It is compatible with laptops, phones, tablets, and desktops.
See your messages, block numbers, view call history, and other details by simply signing into your account on TextNow.com. So you don’t have to worry even if your phone runs out of charge or you lose or break it, you can still access your messages and call from the browser.
- Text messaging: TextNow supports all kinds of pictures, videos, drawings, gifs, stickers, emojis, audio, etc. You can send more specific messages instead of just sending plain texts.
- Group chats: Add two or more people and start a conversation thread and deliver important messages to multiple people in one go.
- Network connections: TextNow uses WiFi and also provides its own SIM cards for texting and calling. Its SIM cards can be used when WiFi or mobile data aren’t available.
- International calls: US and Canadian residents can make international calls to selected countries. For international calls, you can make in-app purchases of call balances through App Store or Playstore.
- Compliance: It is not HIPPA compliant and discloses your information as it is a free app and includes ads that are personalized. Your text messages, on the other hand, are secured, and their paid services do not sell your data.
- Log out of all devices: If there is suspicious activity in your account, you can log out of all devices at once. Android users can access this feature through the app, while web and iOS can depend on the browser.
- Supported platforms: This WiFi text messaging app supports Chrome, Linux, Firefox, Windows, Mac, Safari, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.
It costs $0 for its Basic plan, and for the Premium number, it is $4.99 per year, which is the cost of its SIM card TextNow is supported in two countries US and Canada, and provides customer support through the FAQs and emails.
WhatsApp is a free WiFi messaging app that allows you to privately message and calls all over the world. It is a highly secure app, so you can freely talk to whomever you want, anytime, anywhere.
This app supports not only texts but also voice or video calls, conferences, group chat, images, gifs, audio, and video messages. WhatsApp is an effortless texting app that doesn’t require a separate SIM card, all you require is WiFi or phone data.
- Unlimited texting: Send text messages without any restrictions locally and internationally, and use video and voice call without any payments.
- Delete texts: You can choose to delete sent items for yourself or for both you and the recipient. This feature remains available for about an hour after you hit send.
- Chat History: It doesn’t matter if you get a new phone, logging into the application restores your entire contact and chat history effortlessly.
- Security: It has end-to-end encryption, so no third party can listen to your calls. WhatsApp comes with several layers of protection, and you can turn off the Online status along with Seen for extra privacy.
- Compliance: Meta allows the users to continuously meet the obligations under GDRP. It complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Integrations: This free texting app integrates with Google Sheets, Get Response SMS, messenger, Pipedrive, Webinar Jam, and more.
- Additional features: Whatsapp business option, conference video and voice calls, and number blocking.
- Supported platform: This WiFi calling app supports Android, iOS, Windows, JioPhone, and KaiOS 2.5.0, desktop, and tablet.
It is a free app, while its business feature charges per 24-hour conversation, with different rates by chat category. This service is Available in more than 100 countries, including the US, Mexico, Russia, India, Indonesia, and more.
Our top picks from the above list of wifi text messaging apps are as follows:
- We recommend Nextiva as it offers unlimited WiFi calls and texting. It is also an ideal app for managing business texting and has reasonable pricing.
- Our next choice is Hushed, as it has a large number of area codes in the US and Canada and has a one-time payment plan.
- Finally, we suggest WhatsApp due to its entirely free unlimited texting feature. WhatsApp also comes with end-to-end encryption and is available in more than 100 countries.