In today’s fast-paced world, staying connected with loved ones is essential. Fortunately, iPhone and iPad users have access to several free call apps. These VOIP apps provide a virtual number that gives freedom from telecom companies. Whether you are making a local or international call, there is no need to spend a lot of money or worry about network congestion.
You only need a stable internet connection with Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) apps. These apps provide seamless communication, clear voice quality, and versatile features. However, selecting the appropriate VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) application can be challenging due to the availability of several options. Therefore, this article lists the top 7 free call apps for iPhone & iPad.
Best Free Call Apps for iPhone (using WiFi)
|Name||Cross Platform calls||Key Features||HD Video Calls||Free?||Link|
• Customized Voicemail
• Auto-reply Message
• Integrates with Slack/dropbox
|No||Yes $25 for Lifetime Free Plan||Learn More|
• End-to-End encryption.
• Live transcription on video calls.
• Text chats available with a video call.
• Group chat
• File sharing
• Voice message available
• Video calls with HD quality
• Call recording and transcription on a video call
• Screen sharing
• Watch together option on video chat
• Chat themes
• App lock
On RingCentral Website
On Nextiva’s Website
On Phone.com Website
Best Calling Application For iPhone With Virtual Number
Hushed is a virtual phone number provided offering area codes from USA, Canada and UK. You can get multiple contact details for business or personal use to ensure security and privacy. Hushed provides thousands of text messages and phone calls, depending on the plan.
- International Calls: Calls and messages internationally with 30 Day Pay-As-You-Go package.
- Multiple Phone Numbers: Get multiple phone numbers on one device.
- Share media: Share Photos and videos without any restriction.
- Call Forwarding: It has a call forwarding feature to receive an incoming call on another number.
- Prompt response: You can auto-reply to your customers based on custom rules you set.
- Free Messaging: Free of cost Messaging with other Hushed app users.
- Third-Party Integration: It lets you link your Hushed account with Slack & Dropbox.
- Network: Hushed uses VoIP technology to make phone calls over the Internet.
Supported Platforms: Android & iOS.
Pricing: Lifetime Validity for $25.
Free Version: No.
Trial: 3-Day Trial with Selected Plans.
Lifetime Validity for $25
Best Pre-installed VOIP App for iPhone
FaceTime is a calling app from Apple that comes pre-installed on iPhones & iPads. It enables Apple device users to connect with friends and family through high-quality video calls. You may also use this Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service for audio calls. FaceTime lets you enjoy group calls with up to 32 people.
This service is exclusively available on Apple devices. Only iPhone, iPad, iMac, and other Apple device owners can call each other. Non-Apple users can also be invited to a Facetime call with the release of iOS 15 and macOS Monterey. However, they are still not able to initiate the chat.
- Overlays: FaceTime has many effects, filters, Animoji, and Memoji to use during the video call.
- Immersive Sound: Spatial Audio feature for immersive quality to enhance your calling experience.
- Group Calls: Organize Group Video calls to meet with your colleagues.
- Screen Sharing: Facetime lets you share your device screen with the meeting members.
- Picture in Picture: It lets you have video calls with anyone while using other apps.
- Portrait Mode: This Allows you to have video chats with others while blurring your background.
- Live Captions: Turn on live captions in a Facetime video chat to understand the audio.
- Privacy & Security: End-to-End Encryption lets you have privacy. It also protects you from unauthorized access.
- App-Only Calling: It gives free and unlimited In-App Calls to anyone.
Supported Platforms: iOS, MacOS & (Invite Android & Windows Users.
Pricing: Free Calls with the Internet.
Free Version: Yes.
Most Popular VoIP App in India
WhatsApp is the most popular messaging and calling app used by billions of people around the globe. With the acquisition by Facebook, several features were added to the application. In early 2015, WhatsApp Calling was launched. Since then, calling on WhatsApp has come a long way.
WhatsApp allows you to make unlimited audio and video calls without any cost. All you need is a good internet connection on your iPhone and iPad. It has a group chat feature with a capacity of 1024. You can also make a group call including up to 32 people. With the help of end-to-end Encryption, WhatsApp ensures you are secured from spies.
- WhatsApp Business: Empowers you to manage your store on the platform with added functionalities.
- WhatsApp Payment: Send or receive money using the WhatsApp Payment feature.
- Voice Messaging: Simultaneously sending a personalized audio recording to multiple people.
- HD Video Quality: Free phone app for iPhone to make unlimited High-definition video calls.
- Backup: It allows you to store the backup of your chats, audio, videos, and images to change your device.
Supported Platforms: Android, Windows, iOS, macOS & More.
Pricing: Only for WhatsApp Business Premium.
Free version: Yes.
Commonly Used for Business Purposes
Skype VoIP is one of the high-end services commonly used for business meetings. It allows you to make video calls and audio calls and send messages using the Internet. Skype-to-Skype calls are free of cost over the Internet. However, to make contact on the phone number or landline, you need to buy credits or subscribe to a plan.
This VoIP app has different paid services. You can purchase credits to pay for minutes or opt for a subscription. Additionally, you must have a Skype Number to receive calls from landlines or mobile numbers.
- Translate: It translates any language for you during video and audio calls.
- Screen Sharing: Share your screen for presentations or collaboration during calls.
- Call Forwarding: Free phone calls app on iPhone with Call forwarding to receive incoming calls on your other phone number.
- Privacy: End-to-End Encryption ensures protection from unwanted people spying on your conversations.
- Caption: It has subtitles feature for video calls to learn what the other person is saying.
- Accessibility: Easily accessible through the app store of all devices, including iPhone and iPad.
- Group Calling: You can make group calls with up to 100 Participants.
- Versatility: Skype users can make unlimited In-App plus calls. Also, Local/International calls on Landline and Mobile Numbers.
- Low Rates: Subscription starting at $2.99 monthly and Skype Number at just $6.50 monthly.
Supported Platforms: Android, iOS, Windows, macOS & more.
Pricing: 400+ Mins For £10.00 Skype Credit
Trial: For a Month in Certain Regions
Free version: Yes
Best For Quick Video & Audio Calls
Facebook Messenger’s offers place it among the finest free calling apps over WiFi. It lets you create high-quality video and audio calls to friends & family anywhere in the world. You can also send or receive text and audio messages.
Furthermore, the VoIP app includes several exclusive features rare on other platforms. On top of the screen, you will see stories and friends who are currently online. It lets you share and receive multimedia. With an internet connection, you can enjoy all these services free of cost.
- Group Chats: Create a Facebook group chat with up to 250 people.
- Video Conferencing lets you make group calls with up to 50 participants.
- HD Calls: It has high-definition video call quality for a better experience.
- Add Friends: Use the search bar to find and add more friends to start the conversation.
- Visual Effects: It comes with Gifs, Emojis, Message Effects, Stickers, AR Effects, and more to express yourself.
- Security: Access your chats with Fingerprint or FaceID to keep them protected.
- Auto Reply: Quick and easy way to communicate with businesses. Increase engagement with customers with features like autoreply.
- Payments: It allows you to send or receive money using its payment feature.
Supported Platforms: iOS, macOS, Android, & Windows
Pricing: Free of Cost
Free version: Yes
Best VoIP App for Quick Video & Audio Calls
Viber is a free calling app for iPhones with some additional functionality. It lets you exchange text messages, voice notes, documents, images, videos, and more. Viber works perfectly on all devices, whether mobile or computer. It is one of the best free phone call apps for iPhones, requiring an internet connection. After you sign up using your mobile number, you can call any Viber user free of cost.
With Viber Out, call any mobile or landline number by purchasing credits or a subscription. Moreover, as a versatile VoIP application, Viber offers several benefits for businesses. With Viber Business Messages, you can easily send various messages through a single channel. These includes transactional, promotional, and conversational messages.
- Call Quality: Free phone call app with high-quality video calls.
- Group Chats: With group chats on Viber, bring 250 people together in one group.
- Create Stickers: It has a feature that lets you Create your stickers to express your emotions in a more personalized way.
- Edit Message: Viber lets you delete or edit the sent messages already seen by the receiver.
- Disappearing Messages: Set the timer for the messages to disappear after a particular time.
- International Calls: Make international calls on mobile and landline numbers at cheap rates.
Supported Platforms: Android, & Windows, iOS, & macOS
Pricing: 60 countries for $5.99/Month
Trial: 7-day trial
Free version: Yes
7) Google Voice
Best Free VOIP App for iPhone
Google Voice is one of the best free calling apps for businesses. It is a must-have free tool for businesses running in the US and Canada. You can still get a free US number if you are outside of these countries. However, to make international calls, you must pay through credit.
VoIP is very user-friendly as it provides voicemail and also Calls Forwarding. Google Voice lets you manage multiple phone numbers. Built-in automated attendant enables call transfers between extensions without intermediary operators. It also has a call recording feature, allowing you to record calls and listen to them afterward.
- Conferencing: It lets you make conference calls with up to 10 people in a call. Add up to 25 people with the paid version.
- Custom Voicemail: Voicemail comes with the option of customization.
- Call Forwarding: It allows you to receive incoming calls on a different phone number.
- Quick Setup: Easy and rapid setup using your Google account.
- Messaging: Send or receive unlimited free text messages around the globe.
- Block Numbers: You can ban unknown or unwanted calls and messages.
- Free Calls: Make PC-to-PC voice calls free of cost worldwide.
- Versatility: You can make Local and International Calls on Landline and Mobile with Google Voice.
Supported Platforms: iPhone/iPad, Android, & Windows
Pricing: $10 to $30 Per Month
Free version: Yes
❓ What features should you consider when selecting an Internet calling app?
Here are the features to consider when looking for the best VoIP app for the iPhone:
- In-App Calls (Voice & Video.
- Text Messaging.
- Media Sharing.
- Mobile Number (From US, UK, or Canada.
- Phone and landline calls.
- Local plus international calls.
- Competitive Rates.
App-to-app calls are usually free of cost. However, you will have to pay for landline and mobile phone calls. These charges can be based on credits or subscription plans that you can purchase. Famous Voice over Internet protocol services includes FaceTime, WhatsApp, Skype, and Google Voice.
When selecting the best VoIP app for iPhone & iPad, choose the option that best suits your requirements.
- Google Voice supports audio calling but cannot make video calls or share media files.
- Skype and Viber offer a more extensive range of features, including video calling and media sharing.
As a result, Google Voice is preferred for commercial use and the other two for all-around performance.