Google Voice is a virtual telephone service that offers voicemail, call forwarding, text and voice messaging, as well as a call termination facility for the customers having Google Accounts. However, Google Voice has some limitations like you cannot make emergency calls with seven digits. Moreover, this tool has a complicated multimedia messaging feature.
Here is a curated list of Top tools that are capable of replacing Google Voice. The list contains both open source(free) and commercial(paid) software.
Google Voice Alternatives | Apps Like Google Voice
Grasshopper is a virtual phone application that provides a communication solution for small businesses. It gives one professional phone number that can be used on existing cell phones or landlines.
- It provides a full view of your business interactions across more than one channel.
- You can make and receive calls using a desktop or mobile app.
- This tool converts voicemail to text so that you can read them without listening it.
- It enables you to record professional messages that welcome your clients.
- You can reply via text messaging on your office number.
- It allows you to send a fax as a PDF attachment from your email.
Phone is a virtual software that helps you to configure your phone system fast and easy. It allows you to block calls by adding the number in your phone account.
- You will receive a notification whenever you get incoming calls.
- It allows you to route called depend on time and day a call is received.
- You can sync your address book with Phone application.
- It enables you to personalize your call with greetings, messages, voices, and music.
- You can send and receive SMS on any local number.
- Phone.com helps you to create and organize your groups and extensions.
- You can set your own unique caller ID.
MightyCall is a virtual phone system made for a small business. This system allows you to make and receive calls on the device of your choice. It enables you to decline the call, accept, or send to voicemail.
MightyCall helps you to set your flow with a clear and conversational chart. It gives you the complete history of your communications. This app helps you to keep your business running after hours.
- The tool provides unlimited calling.
- It allows you to forward calls to any device.
- You can select a tool-free or area code number without paying an extra charge.
- With this software, you can record a call.
- MightyCall enables you to listen to voicemails and get notifications.
- It allows you to visualize your voicemail.
- Make and receive calls from your PC using a softphone.
- Use exclusive discount coupon "guru_99_30_m" an get 30% off for 3 months
Voxdirect is a simple and Effective Text Marketing that helps you to grow your business. It runs your growing business from anywhere with a professional phone system.
- You can calls via virtual receptionists.
- Allows you to transcribed voicemails to email.
- Transfer calls to the right person
- It helps you to quickly read through your voicemails.
- Allows you to connect with actual customers, not spammers.
ConXhub is a user-friendly business phone system. It is a highly advanced business phone system that allows users to create multiple profiles and numbers. You can also make & receive calls from multiple numbers.
- It offers highest HD quality calls
- You can forward calls to Mobile Phones or any Phone around the World
- You can get a Toll Free, Local, or International Phone Number from the country of your choice
YouMail is a virtual phone number service provider that helps you to protect yourself and mobile device network. This application can automatically block robocalls and enables you to block custom calls.
- You can identify the missed caller with ease.
- Offers custom voicemail greetings.
- Provides visual voicemail.
- Helps you to protect your privacy with a second phone number.
- It automatically replies to missed callers.
- Enables you to make a conference call.
VirtualPBX is a communication system that helps you to monitor your calls in real time. This tool provides Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) to manage call traffic of a specific department.
- This app supports audio conferencing.
- You can forward call to any devices you have chosen.
- It provides Salesforce CRM (Customer Relationship Management) integration.
- You can make a call from your web browser.
- It has a status indicator that helps you to know the status of the VirtualPBX platform.
- VirtualPBX offers call history on your web phone.
Talkroute is a virtual phone number providing service that enables you to make and receive business calls in less effort. This application provides varieties of numbers according to your business. It allows you to forward or route calls anywhere. Talkroute can be used to send a message to your customers. It offers easy to manage voicemails.
- It enables you to record incoming and outgoing calls.
- Provides detailed history reports.
- You can customize your welcome message.
- Offers 3 or 4 digit direct-dial extensions.
- Send and receive MMS and SMS.
- You can set time and date when your phones are available.
- It helps you to manage user accounts and permissions.
- TalkRoute can be easily accessed from Android or iOS phones.
CallHippo virtual phone system can be setup without any hassle. It enables you to integrate with more than 100 tools. This service provider enables startup and businesses to have a local number from 50+ countries. It offers easy to use interface and a robust backend facility to setup a customer support center.
- This service provider enables you to make calls from the browser.
- It allows you to quickly get local phone numbers.
- Supports call forwarding, recording, and queuing.
- It helps you to collaborate with your team.
- The app enables you to interact with callers, gather details, and route calls to the right person.
RingCentral is a tool that offers cloud-based communications and collaboration solutions for businesses. It helps you to better serve with all in one video conferencing, cloud phone, team messaging, etc.
- It provides a call forwarding facility.
- This tool offers HD quality video and web conferencing.
- You can host a maximum of 100 participants in an online meeting.
- It enables you to manage both incoming and outgoing faxes online.
- RingCentral is available in 100+ countries with local dialing plans as well as international virtual numbers.
- It allows you to share file tasks and file online.
JustCall is an online phone system for businesses to get phone numbers in more than 60 countries. You can use this software to make and receive calls from a web browser computer or desktop.
- You can send and receive messages through the Justcall phone number.
- It enables you to port your local or toll-free number to JustCall.
- This software helps you to setup distribution or routing rules for phone numbers.
- JustCall helps you to collaborate with your team by assigning phone numbers, analyzing logs of calls, and recording.
- You can route calls to your employees.
- This tool enables you to send SMS with your JustCall number.
- It provides full call details like date, time, duration, and caller ID.
Aircall is a cloud-based call center and phone system that is one of the strongest Google Voice competitors. This all-in-one app comes with Cloud Telephony Integrations (CTI) with Helpdesk software and CRM.
- It is one of the free alternatives to google voice which enables you to create numbers in more than 100 countries.
- You can integrate with your current CRM (Customer Relationship Management).
- It provides a graphical view of people who are on the call.
- You can set up a smart directory that automatically helps callers to the right team.
- Aircall supports call conferencing.
- You can set customized calling schedules according to your business hours.
- It enables you to share content with the team.
Nextiva is a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) provider that offers phone services to large and small size companies. It allows companies to deploy contact center in the cloud for outbound and inbound calling campaigns.
- You can know the customer's information when they call.
- Automatically get feedback from your clients.
- All your communication and data can be managed centrally.
- You can track the interaction of a customer with your business.
- This tool provides a real time view of your clients at an individual level.
Telzio is a simple business phone service that helps you to transfer your call to others. It is one of the best google voice alternatives that provides live call data in order to track call center activity in real time.
- It provides flexible phone options for remote user and office.
- You can enable do not disturb on Telzio phone.
- It allows you to set up call queues to handle inbound callers.
- This free google voice alternative tool offers remote configuration to troubleshoot from any location.
- You can create a dedicated conference line with no effort.
- It helps you to customize a toll-free number through the dashboard.
- Telzio translates your voicemails to the text version.
Skype is an app that allows you to make a free call online for upto 50 people. It is one of the best google voice alternatives which provides voice calls and video chat between tablets, computers, and mobile devices.
- It is one of the free alternatives to google voice that provides both audio and video recording.
- You can record Skype calls.
- Skype keeps your sensitive conversion private with encryption.
- You can share your presentation.
- This tool provides functionality using which you can react to any message.
- You can call other people who are not online.
Onsip is a web-based voice and video messaging solution provider. You can use this software to generate custom click to call links from the instant messaging platform.
- You can organize your team into a group-based role.
- It is one of the apps like google voice which supports extension dialing.
- You can plug your IP phones into an internet connection and make a call.
- It provides a virtual receptionist that intelligently routes your call.
- You can make a test call using a desktop or mobile app.
- It enables you to video call to the specific person.
8x8 is a tool that provides all in one cloud solution for voice calling, video calling, messaging, and call center solutions. This tool supports calling for more than 47 countries.
- It provides HD video conferencing with screen sharing.
- This app has advanced speech and interaction analytics.
- You can switch from chat to voice or video meetings with just one click.
- It provides a customizable dashboard.
- 8x8 offers advanced speech and interaction analytics.
Line2 is a telecommunications company that works as your business phone across numerous mobile carriers and Wi-Fi. It runs on the cloud and on any internet-connected device.
- It can work on a smart watch, mobile, tablet desktop, and even a laptop.
- This tool provides inbound and outbound routing.
- You can customize according to your business team's needs.
- It provides 24/7 customer support.
- Line2 enables you to select your business number from the local area code of your choice.
Jive is a tool that provides callers with automated answering, prompting, and call routing. It is one of the google voice competitors which allows clients to monitor inbound as well as outbound call patterns for extensions, DIDs (Direct Inward Dialing), and locations.
- You can customize greeting messages.
- It allows you to dial your employee's extension using their name.
- You can configure time-based call routing.
- This tool enables you to monitor the current call on any extension.
- You can distribute calls by call times and durations.
- It enables you to host a conference call with more than ten attendees.
- Your corporate directory can be connected with the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
Openphone app is a Google voice alternative that allows you to record your professional voicemail. You can put your business mobile number on your websites like Google, Facebook, etc. without getting any spam calls.
- You can know if it is a personal call or a business call.
- Openphone app enables you to text from your business phone.
- You can control who can access your personal phone number.
- It is one of the apps like google voice which can port your current number from any carrier.
- You can see text messages, call history as well as transcribed voicemail in one place.
- This tool allows you to keep 5 phone numbers local for various cities or states, local, and sales and support.
- You can set your business hours so that you do not get a call when you are not working.
21) Monster VoIP
Monster VoIP is a cloud-based communication solution that offers flexible plans to streamlines your phone system. It is one of the free apps like google voice that provides services for personal or small businesses.
- This tool provides personalized setup.
- Monster VoIP provides 24/7 support.
- You can port your current phone number to this app effortlessly.
- You can make and receive calls on Apple iOS, Windows desktop, macOS, and Android devices.
- It helps users to decrease communication costs by adding a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
- You can use this product on your Android, Apple iOS, Windows, macOS, and Desktop devices.
Mitel is a software that provides all in one communication. It has advanced customer analytics that offers notifications, invitations, and alerts.
- It provides audio conferencing.
- Mitel automatically routes incoming calls to specific extensions.
- It offers call screening to identify incoming calls.
- This tool helps you to analyze and record data on telephone calls.
- It supports call monitoring for improving communication and customer service.
- You can dial the phone according to a person's first and last name.
- It automatically displays caller and account information on-screen during the call.
Dingtone is an application for Android and iPhone devices. You can utilize this product to make unlimited free phone calls, send free text messages to other people.
- You can make a call to mobile and landline.
- Support live video calling.
- It provides international SMS upto 200 countries.
- You can transform your phone into Walkie Talkie by pushing a single button.
- You can send photos as a fax.
- You can record any call.
- A maximum of 1000 callers can be connected for a conference call.
- This free google voice alternative tool offers live voice over Wi-Fi or data connection.
Iplum is a Google voice alternative tool that enables you to add virtual receptionist. You can use it to create multiple extensions. This tool has built-in AES data encryption.
- You can port your existing mobile number as well as landline to this software.
- It supports messaging.
- You can record a call response given by the customer.
- It allows you to forward voice to the email of a specific person.
- You can use this app using the carrier signal or Wi-Fi.
Ooma is a cloud system for business. You do not require any software to use it. It is one of the free apps like google voice that offers voicemail, automatically call distribution facility, and more.
- This tool is integrated with a cloud voice and business app.
- You can manage your phone calls from smart phone.
- It provides a local and toll-free number of your choice.
- You can transfer your incoming call to another Ooma office phone.
- Ooma provides 24/7 customer support.
- It allows you to block any call.
- It provides one virtual fax service for the user.
Voxeet is a VoIP web conferencing application that uses 3D high definition voice technology to generate immersive sound. It can be used for iOS, Web, and Android platforms.
- It provides HD video calling.
- This tool offers SDK for embedded communication.
- It enables you to integrate video and video.
- You can use this software on mobile phones as well as desktop app.
- It offers encryption for call security.
❗ Why you need Google Voice Alternatives?
Google Voice has some limitations. You cannot make emergency calls with seven digits, Call quality and reliability issue, No business caller ID, problems with the port a landline, or VoIP number. Moreover, this tool has a complicated multimedia messaging feature.
⚡ Which factors should you consider while selecting Google Voice Alternatives?
You should consider the following factors before selecting Google Voice Alternative.
- Call quality.
- Auto-attendant (IVR) feature.
- Multimedia messaging feature.
- Works in the US and internationally.
- They have dedicated customer support.
- Hardware/Software Requirements.
- License Cost, if applicable.
- Support and Update the policy of tool vendor.
- Reviews of the company.
DISCLOSURE: We are reader supported and may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site