Google Voice is a virtual telephone service that offers voicemail, call forwarding, text and voice messaging, as well as a call termination facility for the customers having Google Accounts. However, Google Voice has some limitations like you cannot make emergency calls with seven digits. Moreover, this tool has a complicated multimedia messaging feature.
Here is a curated list of Top tools that are capable of replacing Google Voice. The list contains both open source(free) and commercial(paid) software.
Grasshopper is a virtual phone application that provides a communication solution for small businesses. It gives one professional phone number that can be used on existing cell phones or landlines.
- It provides a full view of your business interactions across more than one channel.
- You can make and receive calls using a desktop or mobile app.
- This tool converts voicemail to text so that you can read them without listening it.
- It enables you to record professional messages that welcome your clients.
- You can reply via text messaging on your office number.
- It allows you to send a fax as a PDF attachment from your email.
Nextiva is a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) provider that offers phone services to large and small size companies. It allows companies to deploy contact center in the cloud for outbound and inbound calling campaigns.
- You can know the customer's information when they call.
- Automatically get feedback from your clients.
- All your communication and data can be managed centrally.
- You can track the interaction of a customer with your business.
- This tool provides a real time view of your clients at an individual level.
Phone is a virtual software that helps you to configure your phone system fast and easy. It allows you to block calls by adding the number in your phone account.
- You will receive a notification whenever you get incoming calls.
- It allows you to route called depend on time and day a call is received.
- You can sync your address book with Phone application.
- It enables you to personalize your call with greetings, messages, voices, and music.
- You can send and receive SMS on any local number.
- Phone.com helps you to create and organize your groups and extensions.
- You can set your own unique caller ID.
Telzio is a simple business phone service that helps you to transfer your call to others. It provides live call data in order to track call center activity in real time.
- It provides flexible phone options for remote user and office.
- You can enable do not disturb on Telzio phone.
- It allows you to set up call queues to handle inbound callers.
- This tool offers remote configuration to troubleshoot from any location.
- You can create a dedicated conference line with no effort.
- It helps you to customize a toll-free number through the dashboard.
- Telzio translates your voicemails to the text version.
Skype is an app that allows you to make a free call online for upto 50 people. It provides voice calls and video chat between tablets, computers, and mobile devices.
- It provides both audio and video recording.
- You can record Skype calls.
- Skype keeps your sensitive conversion private with encryption.
- You can share your presentation.
- This tool provides functionality using which you can react to any message.
- You can call other people who are not online.
JustCall is an online phone system for businesses to get phone numbers in more than 60 countries. You can use this software to make and receive calls from a web browser computer or desktop.
- You can send and receive messages through the Justcall phone number.
- It enables you to port your local or toll-free number to JustCall.
- This software helps you to setup distribution or routing rules for phone numbers.
- JustCall helps you to collaborate with your team by assigning phone numbers, analyzing logs of calls, and recording.
- You can route calls to your employees.
- This tool enables you to send SMS with your JustCall number.
- It provides full call details like date, time, duration, and caller ID.
Onsip is a web-based voice and video messaging solution provider. You can use this software to generate custom click to call links from the instant messaging platform.
- You can organize your team into a group-based role.
- Support extension dialing.
- You can plug your IP phones into an internet connection and make a call.
- It provides a virtual receptionist that intelligently routes your call.
- You can make a test call using a desktop or mobile app.
- It enables you to video call to the specific person.
8x8 is a tool that provides all in one cloud solution for voice calling, video calling, messaging, and call center solutions. This tool supports calling for more than 47 countries.
- It provides HD video conferencing with screen sharing.
- This app has advanced speech and interaction analytics.
- You can switch from chat to voice or video meetings with just one click.
- It provides a customizable dashboard.
- 8x8 offers advanced speech and interaction analytics.
Line2 is a telecommunications company that works as your business phone across numerous mobile carriers and Wi-Fi. It runs on the cloud and on any internet-connected device.
- It can work on a smart watch, mobile, tablet desktop, and even a laptop.
- This tool provides inbound and outbound routing.
- You can customize according to your business team's needs.
- It provides 24/7 customer support.
- Line2 enables you to select your business number from the local area code of your choice.
Aircall is a cloud-based call center and phone system that is a strong Google Voice competitor. This all-in-one app comes with Cloud Telephony Integrations (CTI) with Helpdesk software and CRM.
- This tool enables you to create numbers in more than 100 countries.
- You can integrate with your current CRM (Customer Relationship Management).
- It provides a graphical view of people who are on the call.
- You can set up a smart directory that automatically helps callers to the right team.
- Aircall supports call conferencing.
- You can set customized calling schedules according to your business hours.
- It enables you to share content with the team.
Jive is a tool that provides callers with automated answering, prompting, and call routing. It allows clients to monitor inbound as well as outbound call patterns for extensions, DIDs (Direct Inward Dialing), and locations.
- You can customize greeting messages.
- It allows you to dial your employee's extension using their name.
- You can configure time-based call routing.
- This tool enables you to monitor the current call on any extension.
- You can distribute calls by call times and durations.
- It enables you to host a conference call with more than ten attendees.
- Your corporate directory can be connected with the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
Openphone app is a Google voice alternative that allows you to record your professional voicemail. You can put your business mobile number on your websites like Google, Facebook, etc. without getting any spam calls.
- You can know if it is a personal call or a business call.
- Openphone app enables you to text from your business phone.
- You can control who can access your personal phone number.
- It can port your current number from any carrier.
- You can see text messages, call history as well as transcribed voicemail in one place.
- This tool allows you to keep 5 phone numbers local for various cities or states, local, and sales and support.
- You can set your business hours so that you do not get a call when you are not working.
13) Monster VoIP
Monster VoIP is a cloud-based communication solution that offers flexible plans to streamlines your phone system. It provides services for personal or small businesses.
- This tool provides personalized setup.
- Monster VoIP provides 24/7 support.
- You can port your current phone number to this app effortlessly.
- You can make and receive calls on Apple iOS, Windows desktop, macOS, and Android devices.
- It helps users to decrease communication costs by adding a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
- You can use this product on your Android, Apple iOS, Windows, macOS, and Desktop devices.
Mitel is a software that provides all in one communication. It has advanced customer analytics that offers notifications, invitations, and alerts.
- It provides audio conferencing.
- Mitel automatically routes incoming calls to specific extensions.
- It offers call screening to identify incoming calls.
- This tool helps you to analyze and record data on telephone calls.
- It supports call monitoring for improving communication and customer service.
- You can dial the phone according to a person's first and last name.
- It automatically displays caller and account information on-screen during the call.
Dingtone is an application for Android and iPhone devices. You can utilize this product to make unlimited free phone calls, send free text messages to other people.
- You can make a call to mobile and landline.
- Support live video calling.
- It provides international SMS upto 200 countries.
- You can transform your phone into Walkie Talkie by pushing a single button.
- You can send photos as a fax.
- You can record any call.
- A maximum of 1000 callers can be connected for a conference call.
- It offers live voice over Wi-Fi or data connection.
Iplum is a Google voice alternative tool that enables you to add virtual receptionist. You can use it to create multiple extensions. This tool has built-in AES data encryption.
- You can port your existing mobile number as well as landline to this software.
- It supports messaging.
- You can record a call response given by the customer.
- It allows you to forward voice to the email of a specific person.
- You can use this app using the carrier signal or Wi-Fi.
VirtualPBX is a communication system that helps you to monitor your calls in real time. This tool provides Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) to manage call traffic of a specific department.
- This app supports audio conferencing.
- You can forward call to any devices you have chosen.
- It provides Salesforce CRM (Customer Relationship Management) integration.
- You can make a call from your web browser.
- It has a status indicator that helps you to know the status of the VirtualPBX platform.
- VirtualPBX offers call history on your web phone.
Ooma is a cloud system for business. You do not require any software to use it. This tool offers voicemail, automatically call distribution facility, and more.
- This tool is integrated with a cloud voice and business app.
- You can manage your phone calls from smart phone.
- It provides a local and toll-free number of your choice.
- You can transfer your incoming call to another Ooma office phone.
- Ooma provides 24/7 customer support.
- It allows you to block any call.
- It provides one virtual fax service for the user.
RingCentral is a tool that offers cloud-based communications and collaboration solutions for businesses. It helps you to better serve with all in one video conferencing, cloud phone, team messaging, etc.
- It provides a call forwarding facility.
- This tool offers HD quality video and web conferencing.
- You can host a maximum of 100 participants in an online meeting.
- It enables you to manage both incoming and outgoing faxes online.
- RingCentral is available in 100+ countries with local dialing plans as well as international virtual numbers.
- It allows you to share file tasks and file online.
Freshcaller is a tool that helps your teams to create or respond to all opportunities with full context. You can effortlessly manage client calls and collaborate with internal teams in a more organized way.
- It provides a flexible phone system.
- This tool offers multiple round routing engines and best-in-class on-call capabilities for agents to transfer calls, notes, or conferences in others.
- You can buy local phone numbers for your cloud PBX system in 90+ countries.
- Set up a smooth call handling process.
- Monitor and manage the communication experience.
Voxeet is a VoIP web conferencing application that uses 3D high definition voice technology to generate immersive sound. It can be used for iOS, Web, and Android platforms.
- It provides HD video calling.
- This tool offers SDK for embedded communication.
- It enables you to integrate video and video.
- You can use this software on mobile phones as well as desktop app.
- It offers encryption for call security.