SAP HANA is the latest, in-memory database, and platform which can be deployed on-premises or cloud. SAP HANA is a combination of hardware and software, which integrates different components like SAP HANA Database, SAP SLT (System Landscape Transformation) Replication server, SAP HANA Direct Extractor connection, and Sybase replication.
HANA has unprecedented adoption by the SAP customers. SAP HANA is capable of processing a large amount of real time data in a short time period.
Here is what we cover in the Course
|👉 Tutorial||Download & Install|
|👉 Tutorial||SAP HANA SQL|
|👉 Tutorial||Data Type|
|👉 Tutorial||SQL FUNCTIONS|
|👉 Tutorial||SQL Stored Procedure|
|👉 Tutorial||Create Sequence|
|👉 Tutorial||SQL SCRIPT|
|👉 Tutorial||Calculation View|
|👉 Tutorial||DATA Provisioning & Replication|
|👉 Tutorial||SAP HANA SLT|
|👉 Tutorial||SAP DS (SAP DATA Services)|
|👉 Tutorial||Direct Extractor Connection (DXC)|
|👉 Tutorial||Flat file Upload|
|👉 Tutorial||Attribute View|
|👉 Tutorial||Analytic View|
|👉 Tutorial||Analytic Privileges|
|👉 Tutorial||Import and Export|
|👉 Tutorial||Interview Questions|
|👉 Tutorial||SAP HANA PDF|
SAP HANA Database & Platform
- SAP HANA Database – SAP HANA Database is a hybrid in–memory database. SAP HANA Database is the heart of SAP in-memory technology. In SAP HANA, Database table are of two types –
- Row Store
- Column Store
- SAP HANA Platform – SAP HANA Platform is a development platform with an in-memory data store which allows the customers to analyze a large volume of data in real time. SAP HANA Platform works as a development platform, which provides infrastructure and tools for building a high-performance application based on SAP HANA Extended Application Services (SAP HANA XS).
SAP HANA Edition
There are different types of SAP HANA edition, some of them as below-
- SAP HANA Platform Edition – It provides Core database technology. It Integrate SAP component like SAP HANA database, SAP HANA Studio and SAP HANA clients. It is for customers who want to use ETL-based replication and already have a license for SAP Business Objects Data Services.
- SAP HANA Enterprise Edition – It contains data provisioning (SLT, BODS, DXC) component including core database technology. It is for customers who want to use either trigger-based replication or ETL-based replication and do not have all of the necessary license for SAP Business Objects Data Services.
- SAP HANA Extended Edition – It contains data provisioning (Sybase) features more than Platform and Enterprises edition. It is for customers who want to use the full potential of all available replication scenarios including log-based replication.
The following diagram shows difference between all editions –
SAP HANA is a next-generation in-memory business platform. It accelerates analytics and application on a single and in-memory platform.
Mentioned below are the few reasons why to choose SAP HANA –
- Real Time – SAP HANA Provides Real-Time Data Provisioning and Realtime Reporting.
- Speed – SAP HANA provide high speeds processing on massive data due to In-Memory Technology.
- Any Data/Source- SAP HANA can access various data source including Structured and Un-Structured data from SAP or Non-SAP data source.
- Cloud- SAP HANA database and application can be deployed to the Cloud environment.
- Simplicity – SAP HANA reduce efforts behind ETL process, Data Aggregation, Indexing, and Mapping.
- Cost – SAP claims that SAP HANA Software can reduce Total IT cost of a company.
- Choice Option – SAP HANA is supported by different hardware vendor and Software provider, so based on the requirement, the user can choose the best option.
SAP HANA has many processes running on the SUSE Linux Server. SUSE Linux server manages the reservation of memory to all process.
When SAP HANA starts up, Linux OS reserves memory for the program code, program stack, and static data. OS can dynamically reserve additional data memory upon request from the SAP HANA Server.
SAP HANA create a memory pool for managing and tracking the consumption of memory. The memory pool is used to store all the in-memory data and system tables, thread stack, temporary computations and all other data structure required for managing the database.
When more memory is required for table growth or temporary computations, the SAP HANA memorymanager obtains this from the pool.
For an overview, check out the Memory Overview feature of the SAP HANA studio. To access it, right-click on a System ->Configuration and Monitoring -> Open Memory Overview in the context menu, as follows:
Below are advantages of SAP HANA –
- By In-Memory Technology user can explore and analyze all transactional and analytic data in real time from virtually any data source.
- Data can be aggregated from many sources.
- Real-time replication services can be used to access and replicate data from SAP ERP.
- SQL and MDX interface from third party support.
- It provides information modeling and design environment.
- SAP BW Accelerator: It is an in-memory accelerator for BW. BWA is focused on improving the query performance of SAP NetWeaver BW. BWA is specifically designed to accelerate BW queries reducing the data acquisition time by persisting copies of the infocube.
- SAP HANA: SAP HANA is in-memory database and platform for high-performance analytic reports and application. In SAP HANA data can be loaded from SAP and non-SAP Source System through SLT, BODS, DXC, and Sybase and can be viewed using SAP BO/BI, Crystal Reports, and Excel, etc.
Currently, SAP HANA also work as in-Memory database for SAP BW, so in this way SAP HANA able to improve the overall performance of SAP Net weaver BW.
What is SAP HANA Information composer?
SAP HANA Information composer is a web application that allows us to do modelling and upload local data to SAP HANA database.
This is Modelling environment for non-technical people like an end user. Information Composer works same as SAP HANA Modeler and used by Business user with less technical knowledge.
A Large amount of data (up to 5 million of cell) can be uploaded using Information Composer.
Role required for work with SAP HANA Information Composer –
- IC_MODELLER: Used to allow the user to work with Information composer, Load data and create information view.
- IC_PUBLIC: Used to allow the user to work with information composer, see workbook and information views.
SAP HANA SQL Expression
SQL Expressions is a clause that can be used for return values. There are 4 types of SQL Expressions-
- Case Expressions – In this expression the user can use IF – THEN – ELSE logic without write procedure.
- Function Expressions – SQL built-in-functions can be used as Expressions.
- Aggregate Expressions – In This Expression aggregate functions is used to calculate a single value from the values of multiple rows for a column.
|COUNT||Count the Number of rows returned by the query.|
|MIN||Return the minimum value of the expression.|
|MAX||Return the maximum value of the expression.|
|SUM||Return the sum of expressions.|
|AVG||Return the arithmetical mean of expressions.|
|STDDEV||Return the Standard Deviation of given expressions as the square root of VARIANCE function.|
|VAR||Return the variance of expressions as the square of standard deviation|
- Subqueries in Expression – A subquery is a select statement enclosed in parentheses and used in a main select statement as input.
Create SQL Triggers in SAP HANA
A trigger is also a stored procedure that automatically executes when an event happens on a given table or view.
The database users only having the TRIGGER privilege for the given <subject_table_name> are allowed to create a trigger for that table or view.
The CREATE TRIGGER command defines a set of statements that are executed when a given operation (INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE) takes place on a given subject table or subject view.
Syntax to Create SQL Triggers
CREATE TRIGGER <trigger_name> <trigger_action_time> <trigger_event_list> ON <subject_table_name> [REFERENCING <transition_list>] [<for_each_row>] BEGIN [<trigger_decl_list>] [<proc_handler_list>] <trigger_stmt_list> END
Syntax Elements to Create SQL Triggers
|<trigger_name>||It specifies the name of the trigger to be created, with the optional schema name.|
|<trigger_action_time>||BEFORE | AFTER | INSTEAD OF
What is SAP HANA SQL Data Profiling?
Data profiling is the process of analyzing the data available in an existing data source and collecting statistics and information about that data. SQL DATA profiling task is used to understand and analyze data from different data source. By Data profiling process user can remove incorrect and incomplete data before loading to the data warehouse.
Advantage of SAP HANA SQL DATA Profiling is as below –
- It helps to understand the source data.
- By Data Profiling, we can analyze data effectively.
- By Data Profiling, we can remove incorrect, incomplete and improve data quality.
- Improve the ability to search the data by adding keywords, description.
- Understand data challenge early in the project, finding data problem late in the project can lead to delay and cost excess.
- By data profiling, implementation cycle of major projects may be shorten.
- SAP HANA is an in-memory database and application, which runs on SAP authenticated hardware and Software.
- SAP HANA have three version – platform, enterprises and extended.
- SAP HANA can load data from SAP and Non-SAP data source through SLT, BODS, DXC, and Sybase.
- SAP HANA provide real-time provisioning and reporting.
- SAP HANA provide high-performance real-time analytic reporting.
- SAP HANA reduces Total IT cost.