Most RDBMS database uses SQL as database language, the reason of being popular is – it is powerful, vendor independent and standardized. SAP HANA also supports SQL.
In SAP HANA, SQL is the main database language.
What is SAP HANA SQL?
SQL Stands for Structured Query Language. It is a Standard Language for communicating with Relational database like Oracle, MySQL etc. SQL is used to store, retrieve and modify the data in the database.
By using SQL in SAP HANA, we can perform following job-
- Schema definition and use (CREATE SCHEMA).
- DML Statement (SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT).
- DDL Statement ( CREATE , ALTER , DROP )
- DCL Statement ( GRANT ,REVOKE)
- System Management
- Session Management
- Transaction Management
Comment in SQL
We can add a comment to improve the readability and maintainability of SQL Statements. Comment can be put on SQL in two ways-
- Single Line Comment - Double Hyphens "—". This is one line comment.
- Multiple Line Comment – "/* */ ".
All Commented text is ignored by SQL Parser.