What is DATA Provisioning?
DATA Provisioning is a process of creating, preparing, and enabling a network to provide data to its user. Data needs to be loaded to SAP HANA before data reaches to the user via a front-end tool.
All these processes are referred as ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load), and detail is as below-
- Extract – This is the first and sometimes most difficult part of ETL, in which data are extracted from the different source system.
- Transform – In the Transformation Part, series of rules or functions is defined for the data extracted from the source system, for loading data into the target system.
- Load – The load phase loads the data in the target system.
Replication in SAP HANA
SAP HANA supports two type of Provisioning tools –
- SAP HANA Built-In Provisioning Tool
- Flat File
- Smart Data Streaming
- Smart Data Access (SDA)
- Enterprise Information Management(EIM)
- Remote data
- External tool supported by SAP HANA
- SAP Landscape Transformation
- SAP Business Objects Data Services
- SAP Direct Extractor Connection
- Sybase Replication Server
At present, there are main methods of data provisioning for SAP HANA, these are –
|Methods of Data Provisioning||Description|
|SLT||SLT (“SAP Landscape Transformation Replication Server”) running on the SAP Net Weaver Platform. SLT is an ideal solution for Real-Time and Schedule time replication for SAP and non-SAP source system.|
|SAP DATA Services||SAP DATA Services is a platform for designing of ETL processes with a graphical user interface.|
|DXC||DXC stands for Direct Extractor Connect is a batch driven ETL tool.|
|Flat File Upload||This option used to Upload data (.csv, .xls, .xlsx) to SAP HANA.|
SAP HANA SLT Road Map
SAP HANA SLT Road Map is as below – DATA Provisioning through SLT require RFC/DB connection to SAP/Non-SAP Source System and a DB connection for SAP HANA database. On SAP SLT server, we define Mapping and Transformation. Below is a roadmap for data provisioning through SLT.