VoIP is a phone system that allows you to communicate with other people over the internet. Best VoIP phone services for small business helps you to efficiently manage calls with clients. These applications enable you to make a conference call, easily track call duration, wait times, hold, send an online fax, text message, SMS, and more.
Many such business VoIP phone systems and VoIP software come with call forwarding, waiting, caller ID, inbound recording, and more. VoIP phone services enable you to use cordless phones, phone systems, computers, or mobile phones to make or receive calls.
Implementing VoIP phone service for small businesses is a tedious task. It requires speaking with the vendors, consultants and configuring the entire system. Nowadays, there are many ready to use online voice over IP software and phone services that offer numerous features suited for small businesses.
Best Voice Over Internet Protocol Software for PC
|Name||Trial Period||Setup Fees||Voice to text/email||Link|
|Grasshopper||7 days||$25||Yes||Learn More|
|Phone.com||30 days||$19.99||For some plans||Learn More|
|MightyCall||7 Days||Free||No||Learn More|
|ConXhub||30 days||Free||For some plans||Learn More|
Find The Right Phone System For Your Business
Save by Comparing Phone System Prices
BEST VoIP Software & VoIP Phone Services for Small Business: Top Picks
Following is a handpicked list of Top business VoIP providers for Small Businesses, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) VoIP software.
Grasshopper is a virtual phone application that provides a communication solution for small businesses. It gives one professional phone number that can be used on existing cell phones or landlines. This virtual phone number app enables you to port your virtual number without any hassle. It allows you to take multiple calls simultaneously by routing to another phone or team member.
- It provides a full view of your business interactions across more than one channel.
- You can make and receive calls using a desktop or mobile app.
- This tool converts voicemail to text so that you can read them without listening to it.
- It enables you to record professional messages that welcome your clients.
- You can reply via text messaging on your office number.
- It allows you to send a fax as a PDF attachment from your email.
Phone is a virtual software that helps you to configure your business phone system fast and easy. It offers custom and vanity numbers to the customers and allows you to block calls by adding the number to your phone account.
- You will receive a notification whenever you get incoming calls.
- It allows you to route called depending on the time and day a call is received.
- You can sync your address book with a Phone application.
- It enables you to personalize your call with greetings, messages, voices, and music.
- You can send and receive SMS on any local number.
- Phone.com helps you to create and organize your groups and extensions.
- You can set your own unique caller ID.
MightyCall is a virtual phone system made for a small business. This system allows you to make and receive calls on the device of your choice. It enables you to decline the call, accept, or send to voicemail.
MightyCall helps you to set your flow with a clear and conversational chart. It gives you the complete history of your communications. This app helps you to keep your business running after hours.
- The tool provides unlimited calling.
- It allows you to forward calls to any device.
- You can select a tool-free or area code number without paying an extra charge.
- With this software, you can record a call.
- MightyCall enables you to listen to voicemails and get notifications.
- It allows you to visualize your voicemail.
- Make and receive calls from your PC using a softphone.
- Use exclusive discount coupon “guru_99_30_m” an get 30% off for 3 months
ConXhub is a user-friendly business phone system. It is a highly advanced business phone system that allows users to create multiple profiles and numbers. You can also make & receive calls from multiple numbers.
- It offers highest HD quality calls
- You can forward calls to Mobile Phones or any Phone around the World
- You can get a Toll Free, Local, or International Phone Number from the country of your choice
YouMail is a virtual phone number service provider that helps you to protect yourself and mobile device network.
This application can automatically block robocalls and enables you to block custom calls.
- You can identify the missed caller with ease.
- Offers custom voicemail greetings.
- Provides visual voicemail.
- Helps you to protect your privacy with a second phone number.
- It automatically replies to missed callers.
- Enables you to make a conference call.
VirtualPBX is one of the best virtual phone number systems that helps you to monitor your calls in real time. This tool provides Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) to manage call traffic of a specific department.
It allows you to customize the phone number that fits your brand. VirtualPBX enables you to show your business name and number on an outgoing caller ID.
- Your current business number can be transferred to Talkroute.
- Set a date and time when your phone is available.
- This app supports audio conferencing.
- You can forward call to any devices you have chosen.
- It provides Salesforce CRM (Customer Relationship Management) integration.
- You can make a call from your web browser.
- It has a status indicator that helps you to know the status of the VirtualPBX platform.
RingCentral is a tool that offers cloud-based communications and collaboration solutions for businesses. It helps you to better serve with all in one video conferencing, cloud phone, team messaging, etc. This Cloud VoIP (voice over internet protocol) phone system enables you to send messages and make calls from any device.
- It provides a call forwarding facility.
- This tool offers HD quality video and web conferencing.
- You can host a maximum of 100 participants in an online meeting.
- It enables you to manage both incoming and outgoing faxes online.
- RingCentral is available in 100+ countries with local dialing plans as well as international virtual numbers.
- It allows you to share file tasks and file online.
- This application offers responsive client supports.
- It helps you to empower the workforce with mobile device ready-VoIP.
Talkroute is a VOIP service that offers a virtual phone system to make and receive business calls. This application provides varieties of phone numbers according to your business. It enables you to forward or route calls anywhere.
- It enables you to record incoming and outgoing calls.
- Provides detailed history reports.
- You can customize your welcome message.
- Offers 3 or 4 digit direct-dial extensions.
- Send and receive MMS and SMS.
- You can set time and date when your phones are available.
- It helps you to manage user accounts and permissions.
- The application supports macOS, Linux, Windows, Android, and iOS.
CallHippo is easy to use a virtual phone system. This program helps you to improve your customer support. You can use it to analyze employee productivity.
- You can set up your phone system with ease.
- The tool is available on the app store, Google play, and Chrome web store.
- CallHippo provides call recording and analytics facility.
- It offers real-time reports on-call status history.
- This application enables you to select a phone according to the country.
- You can set timezone that depends on your location.
- It gives a unique number for different departments.
Aircall is a tool that offers a phone system for small businesses. You can access this application from the cloud. It is one of the best VoIP for small business that enables you to set up a call center without installing any hardware.
- The application supports routing and call monitoring.
- It helps you to seamlessly work from home.
- Connect to tools like Intercom, Salesforce, Shopify, Slack, and many more.
- Offers power dialer to quickly book meetings and close deals.
- This free VoIP service provides IVR (Interactive Voice Response)
GoToConnect is an application that provides callers with automated prompting, answering, and call routing. It allows clients to monitor inbound outbound call patterns for locations, extensions, and DIDs (Direct Inward Dialing).
- You can customize greeting messages.
- This Internet phone service allows you to dial your office colleague extension using their name.
- You can configure time-based call routing.
- This tool enables you to monitor the current call on any extension.
- You can distribute calls by call times and durations.
- It enables you to host a conference call with more than ten attendees.
- Your corporate directory can be connected with the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
Voxdirect is a simple and Effective Text Marketing that helps you to grow your business.
It runs your growing business from anywhere with a professional phone system.
- You can calls via virtual receptionists.
- Allows you to transcribe voicemails to email.
- Transfer calls to the right person
- It helps you to quickly read through your voicemails.
- Allows you to connect with actual customers, not spammers.
13) Nextiva VoIP
Nextiva is a voice over internet protocol software that offers business phone services. It allows companies to deploy contact center in the cloud for outbound and inbound calling campaigns.
- You can know the customer’s information when they call.
- Automatically get feedback from your clients.
- All your communication and data can be managed centrally.
- You can track the interaction of a customer with your business.
- This tool provides a real-time view of your clients at an individual level.
- You can send an online fax, text message, and SMS.
- Supports unlimited conference calling.
- Offers professionally recorded greetings.
8×8 is a VoIP phone system that provides all in one cloud solution for voice calling, video calling, messaging, and call center solutions. It is one of the best business VoIP phone services that support calling for more than 47 countries.
- It provides HD video conferencing with screen sharing over the network.
- This app has advanced speech and interaction analytics.
- You can switch from chat to voice or video meetings with just one click.
- It provides an important customizable dashboard.
Vonage is an application that offers scalable and flexible voice, message, and video calling facility. It is one of the best VoIP service program which supports call forwarding.
- It enables you to link any mobile phone.
- Offers telephone keypad for dialing number.
- You can change the Voicemail PIN.
- This business VoIP phone service supports the customization of voicemail.
- You can turn on and off caller ID or call waiting facilities.
Dialpad is a VOIP tool that helps you to make conference tools from the cloud. It helps you to work from anywhere. This application provides enterprise-level communication facilities without installing any hardware.
- This VoIP phone application provides high definition clarity in calls.
- This free VoIP service offers internal and external messaging and video calling.
- It helps you to stay connected, collaborative, and productive from any device.
- This program provides call analytics.
- Supports for 24/7 live chat.
- You can manage admin and user access.
Yodel.io is a program that helps you to make a phone call over the internet. It is one of the best VoIP service software that allows you to view the person calling you. The software also enables you to configure the system with ease.
- This live VoIP business program enables you to integrate more than 1000 software applications.
- It is one of the best VoIP business providers that supports local calls in more than 100 countries.
- Provides a secure call infrastructure.
VoiceEdge is a cloud-based VoIP system. This program offers directory-based routing of calls. The software provides PRI (Primary Rate Interface) trunking. You can use this VoIP app on tablets and smartphones.
- Offers unlimited local calling.
- You can see the call history.
- Provides call hold and transfer features.
- It notifies you for calls and voicemail.
- This application automatically assigns incoming calls to groups, persons, and departments.
- Offers emails with the text of voicemail.
- You can control more than 50 audio conferencing in your company.
Asterisk is a free and open-source VoIP framework. This application supports customization. It is one of the top VoIP providers that offers plug and plays installation. The program supports multiple languages, including English, French, Italian, Dutch, and more.
- Supports visual voicemail.
- It offers HD audio.
- You can use this application on your mobile phone.
- Provides video conferencing.
FluentStream is a business communication application. It is one of the best VoIP providers for business that helps your business to serve in a better way using voice, video, and text service. You can use it to manage and review your calls.
- Offers high definition VoIP quality.
- You can send unlimited SMS messaging.
- Offers fast and secure internet fax.
- Supports call forwarding.
- You can use this software on mobile phones.
- It allows you to record your calls.
21) GlobalMeet Collaboration
GlobalMeet Collaboration is a tool that offers VoIP service to communicate and communicate with your clients. It is one of the best business VoIP phone system that provides audio, video, and web conferencing solutions. It gives quick meeting access and easy to use interface to start collaboration.
- You can connect virtually with people anywhere in the World.
- Manage your voicemail via web-based login.
- It enables you to synchronize your contact numbers in real time.
- You can integrate with your CRM.
- It allows you to see how the audience interacts with content.
- This program allows you to connect with analytics.
Ooma is a business phone service for small businesses that offer voicemail, automatically call distribution facility, and more. It allows you to receive calls from your phones. This VoIP software can be easily setup in less time. Ooma Office Phone enables you to port your current port number with ease.
- This tool is integrated with a cloud voice and business app.
- You can manage your phone calls from a smartphone.
- It provides a local and toll-free number of your choice.
- You can transfer your incoming call to another phone.
- Ooma provides 24/7 customer support.
- It allows you to block call.
- This application provides one virtual fax service.
NetFortris is a VoIP service provider that enables you to make a conference call. It is one of the best VoIP software which enables you to integrate office 365 and Skype. You can use this program to share a screen while calling.
- It allows you to monitor calls.
- Support dialing four-digit numbers.
- You can send SMS to anyone.
- Integration with Twilio (Communication API).
- Provides analytics to improve customer service.
24) Switchvox Business Phone Systems
Switchvox is a VoIP service that offers advanced call management facilities. It allows you to control the call with ease. The application supports mobility. You can use this program for voicemail and messaging.
- This free VoIP service offers a web-based interface.
- Provides reporting and analysis features.
- Support customization.
- Switchvox provides 24/7 supports.
- You can integrate with Firefox, Google Map, Outlook, and Chrome.
25) Fusion Connect
Fusion Connect is a business phone solution provider. It is one of the best business VoIP solutions that provides communication support for remote and mobile workers. The software offers a simple and easy voice management facility.
- Offers conferencing and collaboration features.
- Provides call analytics.
- Supports call routing.
- It offers a dashboard to manage everyone centrally.
- This application provides voicemail with transcription.
CloudTalk is a tool that enables you to maintain your local presence with an international phone number. You can connect this software to Pipedrive, Salesforce, Hubspot, etc. This application can track and record calls automatically.
- This application helps you to work remotely.
- Customize calls.
- You can record calls.
- Supports extensions.
- Provides voicemail.
- Offers short 5 digit numbers.
- You can receive fax messages in the form of emails.
- This application enables you to personalize greeting messages.
Mitel is a software that provides all in one communication. It has advanced customer analytics that offers notifications, invitations, and alerts. This business phone service supports video, audio, and video conferencing.
- It provides audio conferencing.
- Mitel automatically routes incoming calls to specific extensions.
- It offers call screening to identify incoming calls.
- This tool helps you to analyze and record data on telephone calls.
- It supports call monitoring for improving communication and customer service.
- You can dial the phone according to a person’s first and last name.
- Mitel automatically displays caller and account information on-screen during the call.
1-VoIP is a business VoIP provider. It enables you to place the HD quality call. This tool helps you to transfer calls to any phone. You can record the conversation for quality assurance.
- You can forward your call to the unlimited destination.
- It is one of the best VoIP service for home, which enables you to send receive faxes electronically.
- Call place on hold play music.
- Control your call with ease.
- It provides customize phone experience.
3CX is a VoIP service provider that helps you to place a call from your computer system. It offers easy to use user interface with simple buttons and dial pads.
- It offers a quick and easy installation facility
- You can
- Supports customization.
- Provides necessary tools for fax and voicemail.
- It includes web conferencing and web.
- This application has integrated chat or text messaging.
- Supports cloud platforms like Amazon, Google, Azure, and more.
eVoice is a phone service for small businesses that offer local and numbers. This service can easily scale with your business. It enables you to welcome your customers using studio-recorded greetings.
- This service allows you to choose a landline phone number for your local, international, and national business.
- You can work remotely with no hassle by using video conferencing.
- Make or receive calls from mobile or your desktop.
- This cheap business phone service provides a choice of a phone number that suits your business.
- It allows you to record a call.
- eVoice plays music when you put the phone on hold.
- It enables you to block the phone number.
31) Verizon VoIP
Verizon VoIP is a tool that offers flexible phone services. It provides 24/7 technical support for your internet. This service enables you to send fax messages without any hassle.
- This service offers faxing.
- Transmit digital voice in high-quality VoIP.
- It helps you to handle it more easily.
- You can rout calls to any employee in the organization.
- This application produces a clearer and more distinct sound.
- You can receive a visual voicemail to your mails.
VOIPstudio is a VOIP service for small business that offers unlimited call recording. It allows you to manage your call in real time with drag and drop functionality. This application provides a free non-geographic number.
- It is simple and easy to use.
- Allows you to conference calling.
- It provides tool-free numbers.
- You can share your screen with others.
- Supports instant messaging.
- Integrate with CRM application.
- You can automatically forward call to multiple extensions.
Gabbit is a phone service provider for small and medium-sized businesses. This application offers unlimited calling in various countries. It supports easy to use call recording and forwarding.
- Gabbit supports call-based routing.
- It plays music when you put your phone on hold.
- You can dial phone by name.
- This application offers instant messaging.
- Offers a user-friendly web portal.
- It allows you to integrate with CRM.
- The tool allows you to send an unlimited voice mail.
- Gabbit provides easy to read call analytics.
Zadarma is a VoIP for a business that enables you to setup your telephone system without using any hardware. It allows you to quickly create a versatile business phone system. This application has clear instructions and an intuitive software wizard.
- Offers 24/7 customer support service.
- Enables you to forward any call.
- This application enables you to place a voice conference.
- It supports call tracking.
- You make a call using a smartphone and computer.
35) AT&T Office@Hand
AT&T Office@Hand is cloud-based solution that provides voice, fax, text messaging, and audio and video conferencing. This virtual phone system for small business enables you to send voicemail. It enables you to make changes to services and run a report using the internet.
- It allows incoming calls to ring simultaneously without hassle.
- This application caller ID name and number of outgoing calls.
- You can see all calls, including missed calls.
- It offers a user-friendly interface.
- Integrated phone, fax, and messaging
Line2 is a phone service for small business that works as your business phone across numerous mobile carriers and Wi-Fi. It runs on the cloud and any internet-connected device.
- It can work on a smartwatch, mobile, tablet desktop, and even a laptop.
- This tool provides inbound and outbound routing.
- You can customize according to your business team’s needs.
- It provides 24/7 customer support.
- Line2 enables you to select your business number from the local area code of your choice.
VoIPLy is one of the best phone services for businesses that allows you to unlimited calling in more than 50 countries. This application offers easy to place HD voice calling. It allows you to transfer calls to other phones with ease.
- It provides 24/7 support.
- You will get detailed call logs.
- It is one of the best office phone systems for small business that offers online fax.
- It allows you to make conference calls.
- VoIPLy provides PBX (Private Branch Exchange).
VoiceShot is a cloud voice solution that offers local and toll-free numbers. It enables you to send voicemail and interactive voice messages. This application allows you to integrate Zapier.
- You will get notifications of phone calls and text messages.
- This office phone system offers VoiceShot API that enables you to integrate phone calls and messages.
- The tool provides a user-friendly interface.
- It supports HD calling.
❓ What is VoIP?
VoIP is a phone system that allows you to communicate with other people over the internet. These applications enable you to make a conference call, send an online fax, text message, SMS, and more.
🚀 Which are the Best Business VoIP Providers?
Below are some of the Best Voice Over IP Software providers:
❗ What is a Business VoIP Phone Service?
VoIP or Voice over Internet Protocol is a phone service that operates over the internet. It creates a digital signal from an incoming or outgoing call. After this, it converts that signal to reach members who are not using VoIP. This cloud-based solution allows you to receive calls from a VoIP phone, any phone with a VoIP adaptor, mobile hotspot, or computer.
🌟 Can I use my cordless phone with business VoIP?
Yes, you can use your cordless phones with most business VoIP. Many business VOIP applications also come with a mobile app that you can install on personal cell phones.
👉 What are the types of Phone Systems?
Here are the important types of phone system:
- Traditional Landline: Traditional analog telephone systems that are connected to a public switch network and run on copper wiring.
- VoIP: VoIP systems run on high-speed internet to place a call.
- VoIP On-Premises: VoIP on-premises systems have all the needed equipment installed. The hardware of this type of phone system is generally stored in the server closet.
- Cloud-Hosted VoIP: In this type of phone system, the service provider housed equipment in the cloud that handles and maintains system upgrades.
- Virtual Phone System: This type of phone number is also called direct access, or an inward dialing number is a telephone number without a directly connected telephone line.
💥 Why and when do you need a business VoIP Phone System?
A business phone system helps you to present a professional image to your customers. If you do not have a need for office phones or spend money, you can still use a virtual phone system to project a professional look. This enables you to place a call directly to a mobile phone. It also has key features like voicemail transcription and automated attendants.
As your business grows, your communication need will increase. Business phone service is a robust option to fulfill such needs. It also helps your employees get the advantage of video conferencing. In your business, it is good that you invest in some of the phone systems.
❗ What is faxing over VoIP?
Faxing over VoIP is a replacement for traditional fax machines. It is used to send text or images over the internet.
⭐ What are the features of VoIP systems?
Here are the Important features of VoIP system:
- Supports customization.
- It provides easy to use UI.
- You can manage your calls with ease.
- Provides call forwarding facility.
🏅 What is a virtual number?
A virtual number is a number that is not directly associated with business or person. It can be used to track response rates from particular marketing companies.
❓ What is PBX?
PBX stands for Private Branch Exchange, is a private telephone network which is used within an organization or company. It helps you to communicate internally and externally using various communication channels like ISDN or Voice over IP.
⚡ What is a SIP trunk?
SIP trunk is a virtual version of an analog phone line that enables you to send and receive calls via IP networks like private WAN or the internet.
🚀 What is number porting?
Number porting is a method of taking your existing phone number and transferring it to another provider. It helps you to upgrade business providers without informing existing clients about the change due to the same phone numbers.
💲 How much does Business VoIP cost per month?
The monthly cost of the Business VoIP varies for each VoIP service provider. Some Business VoIP services cost around $10 to $20, while some services cost $20 to $40 based on the plan you choose. Some VoIP service providers also provide customized plans as well. Almost all VoIP services come with a free trial, so users can use the service first before making a final decision.
👉 How to choose the Best Business VoIP Provider?
You should consider the following factors while choosing the best business VoIP provider:
- Easy to set up and use
- Quality of Customer support
- Support for Media sharing
- High-quality voice and video calling
- Support for multiple countries
- Call forwarding
- Support for multiple devices