Anonymous phone calls can be frustrating.
Every day, millions of phone users receive unwanted calls from unknown numbers.
Some of these callers may ask for your bank details. There can be spam calls claiming that you have won a Jackpot amount.
If you fall prey to such calls, your phone’s security may get compromised. Such calls may invade your privacy.
Let’s look for ways on how to find who owns a phone number. Read more…
How to find out who owns this phone number?
There are certain procedures to find owner of a cell phone number for free.
The Reverse Phone Lookup service is the most common way to extract info on unlisted numbers.
Using this method, you can do a phone number search for a person.
You may also look through the phone directory.
Many tools are offering the best free reverse phone lookup services to track such calls. But only a few of them provide genuine tracking results. We have picked a few trusted options that deliver results.
Method 1: Using Intelius – Best Tools to find someone’s phone number for free
Intelius searches for an unknown number using the reverse phone number lookup service. It can even use the area and country code to search.
This tool scans different public records and extracts all the info about the owner of the phone number.
- Identify anonymous callers: This feature lets you find phone number owner’s identity.
- Look into online dates: Intelius uses the reverse phone lookup to verify the profiles. It safeguards the user from romantic predators and unknown phone number romantic scams.
- Track location: This tool uses the Reverse Phone Lookup service to track the current location of a number.
- Reverse Address Lookup: It can also do a reverse address check. This approach helps in providing up-to-date information about whom the number belongs to. It also displays info about that person’s address and other personal details.
- Criminal and Traffic record: You can verify a person’s criminal and Traffic record.
- Background check: There is also the option to examine someone’s background in detail.
Pricing: The starting price is $0.95 for a 5-day trial.
5-day trial for $0.95
How to find the owner of a cell phone number using Intelius?
Step 1) Visit the website intellius.com. You need to enter the mobile number in the search bar.
Step 2) The process will start. Wait till it ends.
Step 3) Click VIEW RESULTS.
Step 4) Make Payment to view the report.
Step 5) The report includes contact details, mugshots, address history, and more. You can even download the PDF version.
Method 2: Find who owns a phone number Using Spokeo
Spokeo is a tool you can use to find the phone number owner free. Using this tool, you can prevent fraud and identity theft.
You can even trace the mystery caller by the area code.
- Recognize unknown numbers: With Spokeo, you can find the owner of phone number for free.
- Whereabouts of a property owner: This tool lets you track the details of a property owner.
- Prevent email frauds: Using Spokeo, you can verify the emails to prevent online fraud.
- Safeguard your online presence: Spokeo’s reverse phone lookup services protect your digital identity. You can learn about yourself from the public records domain.
- Uncover through social media: You can search social media accounts for information.
Pricing: The 3-month membership plan is $14.95/month, billed quarterly.
Basic Search Results Free
How to find the owner of a cell phone number using Spokeo?
Step 1) Visit the website www.spokeo.com. Enter the phone number in the search space.
Step 2) Continue with the Payment to view the details.
Step 3) Download the result in PDF format. The report will have the person’s phone number, details of family members, location, etc.
Method 3: Using Social Catfish
Social Catfish offers free reverse phone lookup with name-tracking unknown callers and verifying online accounts.
Not only who own this phone number, but you can also do background checks and verify their criminal record.
- Reverse Image Lookup: Using a person’s image, you can track their identity online.
- Reverse username search: Catfish will use the username to extract up-to-date info about that person.
- Reverse email search: You need an email ID to check the phone number owner and contact details.
- Best people lookup: This feature lets you search for a list of the best people in specific categories.
- Verifying business authenticity: Social Catfish verifies a business using the provided phone number.
Pricing: The reverse search plan costs $6.48 for a 3-day trial. Its monthly plan starts at $19.95.
3-day trial for $6.48
How to find the owner of a cell phone number using Social Catfish?
Step 1) Open socialcatfish.com, click the Phone tab, and enter the phone number in the search bar.
Step 2) Click Search to generate the result. It will include the unknown caller’s name, phone number, location, and past address.
Method 4: Find the owner of a cell phone number using Truecaller app
Truecaller is a popular reverse phone lookup site. If you are looking for how to find the owner of a phone number for free, this tool makes your job easy and displays the information on screen.
- Instant spam reporting: In real-time, it can detect spam, fraud calls, and telemarketing. It offers protection against SMS scams common through Facebook Messenger.
- Free caller identification: It offers phone number lookup free with all the plans, free and paid.
- Safe communication: Truecaller finds the phone number owner and displays it on screen with every call. This ensures safe communication.
- Safeguarding the inbox: This tool organizes your inbox to keep it spam-free.
- Smart SMS: The Smart SMS feature lets you track delivery status, PNR status, upcoming bills, etc.
Pricing: Truecaller is available free to download.
How to find the owner of a cell phone number using Truecaller?
Step 1) Open the URL www.truecaller.com. In the search bar, enter the unknown phone number you want to trace.
Step 2) Truecaller provides accurate information about the person. It will display the image, name, email, mobile number, and residing city of the person.
Method 5: Using Google search, find the phone number owner for free
You can do the reverse phone lookups via the Google search engine to find information about a phone number.
It is a straightforward process. You must enter the country and area code followed by the mobile phone number in the search bar.
It will display available info about the number.
Method 6: Check Phone Numbers on Social Media
The social media is a goldmine of information when you search for how to look up phone numbers for free. You can search for someone using a phone number through Social Media sites.
You can use Facebook Profile Viewer, a popular people search engine, to find a person by name, place, or phone number.
Method 7: Via your telephone operator
You can contact the mobile phone number carrier to query about the unknown number. The teleoperator will help you find information about the unknown cell phone number.
You can also request a Call Trap from the telecommunications department to check the phone number, completely free.
We have discussed several options to find the phone number owner. Here are our top picks: