Most facial recognition search engines cannot accurately identify faces. Moreover, some search engines may have relatively small databases and an inability to perform deep scans, which may result in unsatisfactory results. In contrast, the best facial recognition search engines utilize advanced algorithms and techniques to provide complete search results within seconds. These tools can also help you resolve any unauthorized use of your images online.
That’s why you should always choose from the best face recognition tools online. We’ve handpicked 9 of the best face recognition search engines for your needs. Our research evaluated services based on database size, filtering/sorting capabilities, privacy features, and deep scans.
Best Face Recognition Search Engines (Free/Paid)
|Facial Recognition Search Engine||Additional Searching Capabilities||API Support||Free Trial||Link|
|Social Catfish||Provides data about image size, date, camera used, etc.||Yes||3-day Trial for just $6.87||Learn More|
|Google Image Search||Detects faces, objects, scenes, etc.||Yes, But Lacks support for facial recognition||Lifetime Free||Learn More|
|PimEyes||Capable of finding obscure images in PDFs, webpages, libraries, etc.||Yes||No||Learn More|
|TinEye||Capable of suggesting images similar/relevant to your existing image||No||Lifetime Free Basic Plan||Learn More|
|FaceCheck.ID||Finds, scammers, and fake social media accounts of people using the image.||Yes||Lifetime Free||Learn More|
Best for utilizing critical image metadata
Social Catfish is an ideal face recognition search engine that can search people based on face recognition, name, email, address, and username. You can discover images with similar faces/objects on social media, which helps find misuse of your photos or reuse of your intellectual properties without permission.
Social Catfish uses an extensive database to recognize patterns and suggest similar images that might be relevant to you. It utilizes proprietary technologies to scan and match millions of social media profiles and websites with your uploaded photos.
- Sites Scanned: The robust algorithm scans through images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Match, Tinder, Reddit, and LinkedIn.
- Verify Image: You can use it to verify if an account you met online is an actual human or some scammer/bot.
- Product Search: While shopping online, you can perform a reverse image search of your product to see if it is available on other websites.
Here are some of the best pricing plans offered by Social Catfish:
|Plan Name||Price||Searching Capability|
|3-day Trial||$6.87||unlimited reverse image-matching searches online|
|Unlimited Social Search||$28.94 per month||Searching Names, phone numbers, usernames, email addresses|
|Unlimited Image Search||$6.87 per month||Reverse Image Search Options|
|Search Specialist||$397 one-time||Search everything and get assisted by a dedicated search specialist.|
2) Google Image Search
Best for searching through the largest database of images worldwide
Google Image Search Engine utilizes the powerful Google Bot to scan all the publicly available websites for images to create the largest and most frequently updated database of images globally. Advanced computer vision technology recognizes objects in your image and suggests ideas with similar things.
All Google Images search results show metadata, including image size, source website, and upload date. For products, additional information like price may also be shown. You can filter and sort images based on file type, upload date, size, and color.
- Search: You can easily search images based on keywords or perform a reverse facial recognition image search.
- Lens: Google Lens can identify objects and faces in the image. Specific regions in the image can be selected to find more specific results.
- Save: You can save search results and conveniently view all saved versions of searched images at a single location.
- Recommendations: Recommends similar topics and images that you might be interested in.
- Keywords: Directly search the internet for specific images by specifying a particular keyword. Images can be further filtered based on size, recency, transparency, and usage rights.
Best for performing deep internet searches involving obscure
PimEyes is one of the best face recognition search engine tools that allow you to perform in-depth image searches to find images online. Advanced convoluted neural networks study your uploaded image to find objects and other details to match it with the database.
PimEyes helps protect your copyrights by identifying images on the internet that violate your intellectual property. You can custom configure alerts to be notified whenever a new image with your face is discovered online.
- Results: All image searches result in detailed results of websites with the image URL and relevant metadata.
- Photo Erasure: Mitigate the risks of unauthorized use of your face by erasing your photos online.
- Notices: Helps formulate and send 80 DMCA and GDPR takedown notices for your media.
- Free Trial: No
Some of the best pricing plans from PimEyes include:
|Plan Name||Price||Daily Searches||Alerts|
Best for tracking your image usage online
TinEye is an ideal reverse face search engine for discovering and tracking your image misuse online. It uses advanced computer vision and image recognition algorithms to classify and identify critical objects in your image. All typed objects/faces are then compared with an extensive database of images for misuse and fraud detection.
You can use it as a reverse image search engine to identify images with your face or intellectual properties on the internet. The unique color search tools help determine the dominant color for you. It can be used later to retrieve images with specific colors easily.
- Label Matching: It also provides tools for particular use cases, like label matching for categorizing drinks in the beverage industry.
- Copyrights: You can use this software to check for copyrights and ensure that all images comply with copyrights.
- Filters: You can filter facial recognition search results based on file size, image dimensions, format, and watermarks.
- Compare Images: The compare image tools lets you compare any image with your uploaded photo. This is ideal for identifying cropped, skewed, or photoshopped images.
- Free Trial: No
TinEye offers the following plans for its API usage:
Best API for integrating with your applications and services
FaceCheck.ID is among the best reverse image search tools for facial recognition. You can use it to find images of a particular person. It identifies faces in your uploaded photo and then finds similar faces in Social Media posts, online videos, scam accounts, websites, news and blog pages, and product marketing.
This tool is an ideal choice for programmatic applications as well. The native face search API is available to build custom integrations with your apps and services. Proper documentations help developers speed up the integration process.
- Categorization: All search results are categorized based on the confidence software has in the result being the right match for your image.
- Privacy: All your search data and uploaded images are automatically deleted within 24 hours of your search completion.
- Fake Account discovery: It is ideal to confirm the identity of individuals and detect scammers/counterfeit accounts misusing someone else’s photos.
Pricing Lifetime Free
API Pricing: Each search costs 3 credits. Buy credits with Bitcoin for $0.10 per credit.
6) Bing Image Search
Best for filtering and finding images of suitable format and size
Bing Images is well known for reverse image searching capabilities and AI-driven Image generation. It has one of the largest databases of images for scanning. The robust image creation tool powered by DALL-E can generate new AI-driven ideas from any text prompt from you.
Bing is one of the best free facial recognition search engines that use advanced recognition to recognize and identify famous personalities from images and relevant information about them. It has one of the best community-driven feedback systems to ensure inappropriate/fake/scam images can be flagged and removed immediately.
- Text-based Search: Bing allows you to perform text-based searches to find images relevant to your textual prompt.
- Object Detection: Its Computer Vision is advanced enough to use the image for pinpointing locations, detecting animals, finding similar products, shopping, and seeing similar faces.
- Safe Search: The secure search feature ensures the resulting images are identical for all audiences.
Pricing : Lifetime Free
Best for finding your stolen videos/images
Berify utilizes custom algorithms and searching techniques to build a proprietary solution for performing facial recognition searches. It maximizes the chances of image discovery by using its algorithm and results from sites like Google, Yandex, and Bing to provide combined results for all possible matches.
Photographers, content creators, and artists can keep an eye on the use of their intellectual properties online. They get notified about unauthorized use immediately and can act accordingly. You can quickly sort and filter out results per your needs and relevant use case.
- Discovery: It can be used to discover duplicate, edited, and resized images of individuals. You can easily use it to uncover all social media accounts and online presence.
- Reputation: Businesses and celebrities can better understand how their images are being used online and can use it to manage their reputation online.
- Notifications: You can configure email notifications to be sent to you for any image found on the internet relevant to your searches.
- Free Trial: Yes, upto 5 images
Here are some of the best plans for API calls from Berify
|Price (per month)||API Calls|
|Custom Pricing||100,000+ Calls|
Best used by law enforcement for face recognition
Clearview is one of the best facial recognition search engines that helps perform reverse image searches for law enforcement and security purposes. Utilizes a state-of-the-art patented algorithm for completely unbiased detection of faces online.
Clearview provides specially designed software for mobiles that is quick and requires fewer resources to process the data. It can be used for almost instantaneous search identifications. You can use its built-in tools to compare the input image and results side-by-side. This is ideal for detecting cropping, resizing, or morphing on the images.
- Security: Maintains your data security and privacy by following the highest security standards and policies.
- Law Enforcement: Clearview Investigative platform is ideal for law enforcement to find criminals and generate leads from more extensive media databases.
- Demographics: Its algorithms are trained on an all-inclusive dataset ideal for bias-free detection of faces and identification of suspects.
- Free Trial: Yes, 30 Days (Subject to approvals)
Here are the pricing plans offered by Clearview:
• Access a database of 30+ billion images
• Assigned Customer Success Manager
|Contact Customer Support For Pricing|
• Image enhancement tools to achieve better results
• Extract quality images from frames of videos.
|Contact Customer Support For Pricing|
9) Pinterest Reverse Image Search
Best to reverse-search any existing pins and find similar faces
Pinterest is one of the best facial recognition sites that maintains an extensive database of original photos and videos that can be used to perform in-depth image searches on the site. You can utilize its reverse image search engine to find similar images across Pinterest.
Pinterest maintains user privacy as the historical data of reverse image searches is never stored. Besides, you can request removals if your personal images appear on their site without permission. Its advanced systems can help identify any products that might be featured in the photos and provide you with relevant information.
- Speed: It requires no additional setup. You can directly search by clicking on the “Magnify Icon” button on each pin.
- Target: You can use a draggable point to clearly identify a target in any image. This target would be the focal point when Pinterest finds similar photos.
- Appropriate Content: Pinterest’s algorithms automatically filter out unsafe content ensuring only safe images are available.
How to do Reverse Image Search?
Here are the steps to perform a reverse image search using Social Catfish:
Step 1) Open Social Catfish Site
Open the Social Catfish Reverse Image Search page.
Step 2) Upload image in Search box
In the Search bar, the “browse and upload the image here” button on the screen.
Step 3) Select and upload an image.
Select an image from your device for which you want to perform a reverse image search. Wait till uploading is complete.
Step 4) Wait for Processing
Wait until Social Catfish performs the scans and gathers the results.
Step 5) Provide Consent
After processing, it will show you the total number of results found. Give your consent to view by clicking “Yes, I Understand.”
Step 6) Select Plan and Pay
You will be asked to choose a plan and make payment. By default, you are offered a 3-Day Trial for $6.87. Pay using PayPal or your Credit Card.
Step 7) Enjoy Results
After payment is completed, your Trial will be activated, and you can see results for similar images.
Till now, you read about some of the world’s best facial recognition software solutions that let you find someone by face recognition. We’ll help you further narrow down the choices as our final verdict highlights the best tools for some everyday use cases.
- Google Image Search is an ideal choice if you want to use the most extensive image database in the world for searching images.
- If you want to search the internet deeply and detect faces even in PDFs and old sites, then PimEyes is best for you.
- It would help if you went with FaceCheck.ID, in case you want to utilize their robust API for building custom programs/integrations.