We are reader supported and may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site
IoT devices are different forms of hardware like appliances, sensors, machines, or actuators, which are programmed for particular applications for transmitting data over the network or internet. They can be embedded into other industrial equipment, environmental sensors, mobile devices, medical devices, and more.
List of Best IoT Devices
Following is a handpicked list of Top IoT Devices with their popular features and website links.
TOP 10 IoT Product Examples
|Google Home Mini||• It has built-in speakers.
• Provides weather updates.
|Amazon Echo Plus Voice Controller||• It helps you to easily control other compatible smart devices at home.
• You can connect it with the Alexa Voice Service to answer questions and play music.
|August Smart Lock||• Offers unlimited digital keys.
• It automatically checks your door status when you are away from your home.
|Philips Hue Bulbs and Lighting System||• Easy to connect with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and Apple HomeKit||Learn More|
|Amazon Dash Button||• This gadget is designed in a way that it makes your lifestyle simple and easy.
• It can link to your favorite products.
|August Doorbell Cam||• Offers two-way audio to answering facility.
• It can easily work with your existing wiring.
|Belkin WeMo Smart Light Switch||• It works with Apple HomeKit and Google Assistant.
• You can control lights from any place.
|Ring Alarm Smoke and CO Listener||• Battery life is more than 3 years.
• It has a Ring alarm smoke and CO listener which notifies you on your phone when your existing smoke and CO detector rings
|Ring Doorbell||• Allows you to view shared footage from your neighbors and check event history.
• You can change alert settings with ease.
1) Google Home Mini
Google Home Mini is a smart IoT device which lets you control thermostats, light, and alarms with just your voice. This device can remotely handle the volume and get things done automatically. It allows you to control TV and speakers with minimal effort.
- You can listen to a variety of media.
- It enables you to plan your day and get things done automatically.
- This home automation device helps you to make phone calls and broadcast messages.
- This most popular IoT device enables you to manage your daily to-do lists.
- You will get real-time answers from Google.
- Allows you to control your home appliances with ease.
Amazon Echo Plus Voice Controller is an IoT device that enables you to easily setup and control smart home devices. It allows you to personalize your listening experience by adjusting equalizer settings. This gadget is available in a variety of colors like Charcoal, Heather Gray, Red, and more.
- You can make calls, set alarms, play music, and more using voice interaction.
- It provides traffic, weather, and other real-time information.
- You can easily connect this device to headphones or speakers.
- It is equipped with a microphone to hear your voice from all directions.
August Smart Lock is a wireless IoT device that works with Alexa to control your voice. It enables you to control and monitor your door from anywhere. This gadget helps you to know who is coming and going in your home from your phone.
- It provides key codes to friends and family to open the door.
- You will get a log of every person who comes into your home.
- You can get details about your door whether it is properly closed or not.
- Includes advanced voice control system to control the door activity with Siri, Google Assistant, and Alexa.
Philips Hue Bulbs and Lighting System is a smart bulb that enables you to control lamps via Philips Hue App. It supports Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple Homekit. This IoT device is equipped with top-quality and energy-efficient LED, which saves energy for you.
- Allows you to schedule lighting and dimming.
- You can sync the lighting with movies and music.
- Easy to control wireless device.
- It helps you to create an ambiance.
- Manage more than 50 colors of lights by Philips app.
Amazon Dash Button is a gadget that makes life simple and easy. It ensures that you do not lake essential household items like medical aids, groceries, and more. This device helps you to place your orders quickly; therefore, you save your searching time.
- You can reorder products by pressing just one button.
- It covers essential items like personal hygiene, healthcare, drinks, groceries, etc.
- Supports reordering from popular brands.
- It helps you to complete the order easily and fast.
August Doorbell Cam is an IoT device that allows you to answer your door remotely. It constantly checks your doors and captures changes in your doorway. This gadget is integrated with a floodlight that offers clear HD videos.
- This device provides Real-time alerts of any movement at the door.
- It has HD video camera.
- Works with your existing wiring.
- It allows setup with a USB dock.
Belkin WeMo Smart Light Switch is an IoT device that enables you to manage the lightings of your house by your voice or from your mobile device. This device connects with your Wi-Fi network to give you wireless access to your bulbs.
- It comes with a clip-on faceplate.
- You can easily toggle the switch to on and off.
- This switch has a Wi-Fi indicator.
- Provides hassle-free installation facility.
Ring Alarm Smoke and CO Listener is a device that enables industries to manage their carbon monoxide detectors with ease. It provides notifications when your smoke detector alerts. This device can be installed without any tools or professional help.
- Provides real time alerts in smartphones and tablets.
- This device can be set up in your home and office with no hassle.
- You can quickly Manage this device with the Ring app.
- Offers optional 24/7 professional monitoring.
Ring Doorbell is an IoT device that allows you to answer your door with the help of your tablet or phone. It can effectively protect your home with cameras. This product provides notification whenever it detects motion.
- Double-Clad home network security
- Interchangeable faceplates and night vision
- This IoT device for home has motion detector sensors and HD video quality
- Includes a rechargeable battery with high performance
Footbot Air Quality Monitor is a device that is designed for people who are pollution sensitive. This gadget helps in monitoring and measuring indoor air and improves its quality. It can be used in your workplace, house, or any indoor public spaces.
- It cleans the air pollution.
- This is one of the best IoT devices that allows you to check temperature and humidity.
- It is fast and simple to install.
- Footbot Air Quality Monitor prevents harmful mold from creeping into your home.
Flow by Plume Labs Air Pollution Monitor is a device that enables you to understand the air you breathe. This device provides a detailed picture of pollutants. It gives you feedback on your indoor, outdoor, and on bike riding air.
- Enables you to manage your healthier routines.
- Provides air quality map to keep you healthy.
- It can be easily attached to a backpack or belt.
- Easy to access and easy to use for a non-scientific audience.
- It is portable and can be carried with no hassle.
Nest T3021US Learning Thermostat is an IoT system that can manage the home temperature based on your daily schedule. It can remind you of the total energy you saved on a regular basis.
- This IoT product is energy efficient.
- It can interact with Alexa.
- You can quickly connect your mobile device for full control.
- It includes the auto-away mode when there is no motion or no one in the home.
WeMo Insight Smart Plug is an IoT product that helps you control your lights and appliances by turning them on or off. It enables you to monitor all appliances remotely. This device allows you to create rules, schedules, and provides notifications.
- It works with Alexa or Google voice control for voice control assistance.
- This gadget provides reports on how much energy your devices are consuming.
- Can integrate well with Google voice or Alexa for hands-free voice control.
- Helps you to protect your home with ease.
- Gives insights into your house energy consumption
- WeMo Insight Smart Plug is compatible with iOS and Android tablets and phones.
SimpliSafe Home Security System is a device that helps you to increase the protection of your premises. This gadget provides alerts directly to your Mobile phone. It offers 24/7 police dispatch and professional monitoring.
- Control from your smartphone.
- It can keep track of medicine cabinets, gun safes, file drawers, and more.
- This device helps you to stay secure when electricity fails.
- It can detect smoke and fire also.
YI Security Home Camera Baby Monitor is a device that provides alerts based on motion or sensitivity levels. It is compatible and works with any screen-based Alexa device. This gadget helps you to access your camera with our mobile or PC app.
- Built-in new sensors and highly accurate detection technology.
- It helps you to enhance your night vision.
- Alerts on human detection.
- Provides storage options on the cloud and local memory.
- This device can stream video at 1080p resolution at 15 FPS.
- YI security system helps to store recorded video clips with no hassle.
❓ What is IoT?
Internet of Things (IoT) is a network of physical objects or people called “things” that are embedded with software, electronics, network, and sensors that allows these objects to collect and exchange data. The goal of IoT is to extend the internet connectivity from standard devices like computer, mobile, tablet to relatively dumb devices like a toaster.
IoT virtually makes everything “smart” by improving aspects of our life with the power of data collection, AI algorithms, and networks. An IoT example can be a person with a diabetes monitor implant, an animal with tracking devices, etc.
👉 What are the examples of IoT devices which are currently available in the market?
Here are examples of IoT devices that are currently used:
- Smart bulbs
- Door sensors
- Voice controller
- Smart lock
- Smart Plug
- Security system
⚡ How IoT works?
The entire IoT process starts with the devices themselves like smartphones, smartwatches, and electronic appliances like TV or washing machines are connected through the Internet, which helps to communicate with the IoT platform.
Here are four fundamental components of an IoT system:
1) Sensors/Devices: Sensors or devices are a key component that helps you to collect live data from the surrounding environment. All this data may have various levels of complexities. It could be a simple temperature monitoring sensor, or it may be in the form of a video feed. This type of device has various types of sensors that perform multiple tasks apart from sensing.
2) Connectivity: All the collected data is sent to a cloud infrastructure. The sensors should be connected to the cloud using various mediums of communication. These communication mediums include mobile or satellite networks, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, etc.
3) Data Processing: Once the data is collected and gets to the cloud, the software performs processing on the gathered data.
These processes can be just checking the temperature, reading on devices like AC or heaters. However, it can also be complex, like identifying objects, using computer vision on video, and many other critical processes.
4) User Interface: The information needs to be available to the end-user in some way, which can be achieved by triggering alarms on their phones or sending them notifications through email or a text message.
Sometimes, the user who uses an IoT device might need an interface that actively checks their IoT system. For example, the user has a camera installed in his home, and he wants to access video recordings and all the feeds to his computer with the help of a web server.
🏅 What are IoT devices?
IoT devices listed above are types of hardware, such as appliances, sensors, machines, gadgets, or actuators, which are programmed for particular applications and can transmit data over the network or internet. These devices can be embedded into other industrial equipment, environmental sensors, mobile devices, medical devices, and more.
🚀 Where IoT devices can be used?
Here are the sectors where IoT devices can be used:
- Consumer Products: It can be kitchen appliances, smartwatches, security cameras, light bulbs, home assistance, etc.
- Industrial Use: It includes pumps, carts, washing machines, etc.
- Infrastructure: This involves IoT devices for smart buildings and highways.
- Logistics: IoT devices can be used to move cargo from one place to another.
- Connectivity: IoT devices can help you to group multiple devices together.
❗ What is smart home technology?
Smart home technology is a term refers to basic home facilities with a communication technology that provides either remote control access or automation.
Smart home technology can help you to manage everything from temperature and lights to door locks & security devices just from your devices like mobile phone or tablet. It also enables IoT devices to be used with just a voice command or click of a button.