We are reader supported and may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site
23 OLED Monitor Tested
230+ Hours of Research
1.6k+ Reviews Examined
OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) is a light emitting technology which contains the electroluminescent layer, a film of organic compound that produces light in response to an electric current. They are thin, light, and sometimes even flexible. Proper selection of an OLED monitor is difficult, as you need to understand various technology it involves.
Following is a handpicked list of Top OLED Monitor with their purchase links.
Best OLED Monitors for PC & Computers
|Product Name||Alienware AW5520QF||ASUS ProArt PQ22UC|
|Size||55 inch||21.6 inch|
|USP||Good OnScreen Control||4k Monitor|
|Resolution||3840 x 2160||3840 x 2160|
|Response Time||0.5 ms||0.1 ms|
|Reason Selected||It is cheap and best for gamers.||It is ideal for playing games in HD|
|Ports||3 x HDMIUSB 3.0 upstreamDisplayPort SPDIF output4 x USB 3.0 downstreamAudio line-out||HDMI and dual USB Type-C port|
|Contrast Ratio||Infinite||1, 000, 000: 1|
|Colors||120Hz True-to-Life Colors||True 10-bit color depth|
|Link||Learn More||Learn More|
Alienware AW5520QF is one of the best OLED gaming monitors that offer 4K resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels at a 120Hz refresh rate. It has a higher contrast ratio of 130,000:1, which gives you a clear picture of players while playing a video game. This monitor has a perfect viewing angle without light falloff.
Alienware AW5520QF is bundled with a standard VESA mount if you like to hang it on a wall. It has various ports and slots like power connectors, 3 x HDMI, SPDIF output, and a display port of 1.4 mode. The screen size of this monitor is 55″, which additionally enhances your movie watching experience too.
It supports the most common aspect ratio of 16:9. This OLED computer monitor has a brightness of 400 cd/m2 (@3% peak) and 130 cd/m2 (typical), that is good for playing games. This monitor has a weight of 90.96 lbs, which makes it a little bulkier. If you buy Alienware AW5520QF, then you will receive power, DP, HDMI, USB 3.0, and upstream cable.
- It works fine for gaming.
- This OLED PC monitor offers FreeSync and G-Sync compatibility.
- It is a good and cheap OLED monitor.
- It is very bulky
- High power consumption
ASUS ProArt PQ22UC is one of the best OLED monitors having 1,000,000: 1 contrast ratio and true 10-bit colour depth. It displays content with the accurate highlight of images and videos. This monitor has the viewing angle of 178 x 178°.
The screen includes dual USB Type-C and micro HDMI ports. It has a faster data transfer speed up to 5Gbps.
ASUS ProArt PQ22UC monitor has a screen display size of 21.6 inches, and the aspect ratio is 16:9 which produces a max screen resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels. It has an accurate colour reproduction with a DPI-P3 colour gamut.
It has a 0.1ms response time, which ensures the fastest image rendering performance. ASUS ProArt PQ22UC has a weight of 0.31 ounces therefore, you can easily shift it from one place to another.
The minus point about this monitor is that it does not have VESA mount, therefore you cannot hang it on a wall. It is one of the best 4K OLED monitors that has a bright display screen.
- You can easily move the monitor.
- Greatly helps with power saving.
- It has accurate color production
- This monitor gives you a good experience while watching movies.
- The brightness of the monitor decreases in full-screen mode.
❓ What is OLED?
OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) is a flat light emitting technology which contains the electroluminescent layer,
a film of organic compound that produces light in response to an electric current. They are thin, light, and sometimes even flexible.
It is widely used as they it does not have a backlight and consumes less power.
❗ Why OLED monitor is better than LCD one?
OLED monitor is better than LCD one because of following reasons:
- OLED screen uses independent pixels, whereas LCDs use backlight to display images. This will consume less power compared to LCD.
- OLED panel provides a more natural colour compared to LCD screen.
- OLED screens can turn off individual pixels completely, therefore it produces a perfect black colour.
- It produces a good contrast ratio (the difference between brightest and darkest) compared to LCD.
- Images in the OLED screen look brighter compared to LCD.
⚡ How does OLED affect laptop battery life?
OLED panels do not require backlighting therefore, it saves your battery life. This screen uses less power when you watch dominant videos
that contain black segments. OLED screen becomes important for battery-operated devices like laptops and cell phones.
👉 What are the types of OLED screens?
Here are the six types of OLED screen:
- Passive-matrix: It is one of the type of OLED screens that has a strip of organic layers, cathode and anode. These panels consume high power compared to other screens. PMOLEDs (Passive matrix OLEDs) are efficient for text and icons and best suited for screens having 2–3-inch diagonal. This type of screens can be easily found in PDAs, cell phones, MP3 players, etc.
- Active-matrix: This OLED screen has full layers of organic molecules, cathode, and anode that overlays a Thin Film Transistor (TFT) that forms a matrix. It determines the pixels that can form an image. AMOLEDs consume less power than passive-matrix. This type of OLEDs are efficient for a large display. They are used in computer monitors, large screen TVs, and other devices.
- Transparent OLED: Itconsists oftransparent components like substrate, anode, and cathode. This screen allows light to pass in both directions. It can be used for head-up displays in cars.
- Top-emitting OLED: This OLED panel type uses a substrate that is either reflective or opaque. It is generally used in smart cards.
- Foldable OLED: This type of OLED only has substrates that are made of flexible plastics or metallic foils. They are lightweight and durable. These screens can be used in devices like PDAs, cell phones, GPS receivers, etc.
- White OLED: White OLED emits white light, which is brighter, energy-efficient, and more uniform. This type of OLED can
be used in lighting solutions in homes and buildings.
💻 What is monitor refresh rate? How is it important while selecting a monitor?
Monitor refresh rate is a number of how many times, a screen updates with new images every second. The higher number of Hz (Hertz) will give
you more images per second creating a more fluid viewing experience. It ensures that you get a lag-free gaming experience.
⚡ What is the aspect ratio?
The aspect ratio is actually a ratio between the height and width of the display screen. It is generally noted in the form of W:H and interpreted as W pixels in width for each H pixels in height.
The aspect ratio is an important consideration when choosing an ultrawide monitor. The perfect aspect ratio will display your images accurately.
The ideal and most popular aspect ratio is 16:9. All the familiar resolutions like 720p, 144p,1080p, and UHD/4K have 16:9 aspect ratio.
❗ What is VESA?
The VESA defines the distance in mm between the mounting holes on the back of a monitor. VESA is a standard that is used for monitor wall mounts and wall mounting systems, adapted by most monitor brands. In the following diagram, horizontal distance is 400 mm, and the vertical distance is 300 mm.
The common size of VESA is given below:
- 75 x 75
- 100 x 100
- 200 x 100
- 200 x 200
- 300 x 200
- 300 x 300
- 400 x 200
- 400 x 300
- 400 x 400
- 600 x 400
- 800 x 600