We are reader supported and may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site
Bluetooth adapter or Bluetooth dongle is a USB-based wireless device that enables you to receive Bluetooth signals wirelessly to connect with various devices like a TV, home theater, mouse, keyboard, etc. Bluetooth adapters are very helpful for your computer and laptop when you use multiple wireless devices.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Bluetooth Adapter with their pros, cons, and purchase links.
Best Bluetooth Adaptor
|Name||Class 1 or 2||Transmission distance||Bluetooth version||Compatibility||Link|
|ASUS USB-BT400 USB Adapter||Class 2||10m||4||Windows||Learn More|
|Bluetooth USB Adapter CSR 4.0 USB Dongle||Class 2||33ft/10m||4||Windows||Learn More|
|Plugable USB Bluetooth||Class 2||2.4GHz to 2.5GHz||4||Windows and Linux||Learn More|
|Avantree DG40S USB Bluetooth Adapter for PC||Class 2||10m / 30 ft||4||Windows||Learn More|
|Avantree Leaf||Class 1||60ft/20m||4||Windows and Linux||Learn More|
|Etekcity Bluetooth Receiver||Class 2||33 feet||4||Windows and Linux||Learn More|
|UGREEN USB Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter||Class 2||2.5m||4||Windows||Learn More|
|Wireless WiFi Bluetooth Adapter iFun4U||Class 1||50m||4||Windows||Learn More|
ASUS USB-BT400 USB Adapter is a dongle that makes wireless communication with Bluetooth devices easy. This Bluetooth dongle has a highly portable and ultra-small design that can be easily attached to a USB port.
It is a good quality adapter that is compatible with Windows operating system. This energy-efficient adapter helps you to reduce power consumption. It is compatible with Bluetooth 3.0, 2.1, and 2.0. Unfortunately, this dongle does not come with LED indicator.
ASUS USB-BT400 USB adapter uses a good 2.4~2.4835GHz unlicensed ISM band. You can use it with various devices like printers, computers, headsets, speakers, and more.
- You can connect several devices together.
- It is compatible with all the latest Windows operating systems.
- You can install this Bluetooth adapter with very less efforts.
- It does not provide more operating system compatibility options.
Bluetooth USB Adapter CSR 4.0 is a USB dongle that supports maximum transmission distance up to 33ft/10m and transfer rate up to 3Mbps. It is compatible with a variety of Windows operating system versions.
This Bluetooth dongle requires drivers for Windows 7 and lower versions to connect audio devices. However, the good thing is that you do not need to install a driver for using a cell phone, mouse, and keyboard. USB Adapter CSR 4.0 uses BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) for low energy consumption, and it is backward compatible with Bluetooth V3.0/2.0/ 1.1/2.1. This Bluetooth dongle is very compact and seamlessly gets connected to a PC or laptop.
Bluetooth USB Adapter CSR 4.0 is one of the best USB Bluetooth adapters having a 2.402-2.480GHz ISM band. This dongle has the capability to give you high data throughput. It offers you the fastest audio transmission.
- Easy and plug-and-play installation.
- Value for money product.
- Provides a good data transfer rate.
- It only supports the Windows operating system. This adapter does not work with iOS and Mac.
Plugable USB Bluetooth is a dongle that enables you to connect wireless devices like headphones, headset, keyboard, mouse, phones, etc. This energy-efficient adapter offers compatibility with vast no. of operating systems like Windows, Ubuntu, Fedora, Mint, and more.
Plugable USB dongle can be used for computers that do not have built-in Bluetooth. It provides you with a 2-year warranty on parts and labor. This adapter requires necessary drivers to be installed so that it works properly. It offers an ideal transmission distance of 32 feet.
It can connect devices up to 10 meters away. This dongle has good features like compact size, plug and play functionality, which gives you best wireless experience.
- It has a compact design.
- This device supports a wide range of operating systems.
- You can easily connect devices with a Bluetooth 4.0 connection.
- 32 feet of transmission distance.
- Slow connection speed.
- It does not work with TV, Mac, or car stereo.
Avantree DG40S USB Bluetooth Adapter for PC is a dongle that can be used for laptop, PC, mouse, keyboard, headphones, etc. If you have Windows Vista, XP, 7, and 10, then this dongle can be used without installing any driver.
It is one of the best Bluetooth adapters for wireless data transfer, PC gaming, and VOIP calls. It has a 402-2.48GHZ ISM band for high throughput.
Avantree company offers a 12-month warranty on all electronic products. This adapter will not work with operating system like Linux and Mac. Moreover, you cannot use it with a mouse or keyboard based on 2.4G wireless technology.
- Automatic driver installation on Windows 10.
- Bluetooth 4.0 connection.
- It does not support devices like TV and car stereo.
- No aptX audio technology support.
Avantree Leaf is a Bluetooth audio adapter for PC, Laptop, headphones, and speakers. It gives you simultaneous voice and music while gaming when you pair it with Avantree headphones via FastStream technology. This dongle offers transmission distance of the audio signal up to 60ft/20m with no interference.
It offers a 12-month manufacturing and material warranty from the date of purchase. This adapter can be effortlessly used without installing any drivers. It uses various useful codecs like aptX-LL, FastStream, aptX, SBC, and more.
The dimension of this Bluetooth device is 66mm(L) x 18mm(W) x 15mm(H), which is big compared to other adapters. This dongle has an LED indicator that shows various signals when the sound quality is poor, or the microphone is not clear.
- The sound quality is good.
- Plug and play, therefore, easy to use.
- Provides faster connection speed.
- It offers a codec for both talk and music to work simultaneously.
- You cannot connect Bluetooth mouse and keyboards.
Etekcity Bluetooth receiver is NFC-enabled Bluetooth audio adapter for streaming music. It is compatible with devices that do not use any wireless technology. This adapter provides 10 hours of continuous quality playback for home theaters, car systems, and more.
Etekcity Bluetooth receiver is lightweight and portable, hence you can easily carry it without any hassle. With this dongle, you will get 1-year warranty, which can be easily extended according to your need.
This is one of the best Bluetooth dongles that has a range of 33 feet, which helps you to connect it from any room of your house. You can use this device for a car system, smart phones, tablets, and home theaters.
- This adapter is easy to pair with a cell phone.
- Easy and fast charging.
- Good battery backup.
- Easy to carry.
- It has an excessive connection lag to control volume.
UGREEN USB Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter is a nano wireless dongle that is available for Windows OS and hardware devices like headphones, keyboard, speaker, etc. It uses BLE technology, which consumes low energy while communicating with other devices. This Bluetooth receiver has CSR Harmony drivers for easy audio transfer.
UGREEN USB Bluetooth adapter provides 24-month warranty from the date of purchase. With a signal transmission up to 20m, you can enjoy the wireless operations without using the cable. The dimension of this dongle is only L31.7mm x W16mm × H7.5mm hence it is easy to use and carry.
This adapter has LED indicator that shows the status of connected devices for easy use. The driver installation for the UGREEN USB Bluetooth adapter is necessary for the PC having Windows 8 or newer versions. However, the older versions of Windows like Win 7, XP, or Vista do not require drivers to use this Bluetooth adapter. It uses ISM band of 2.4GHz for better communication with wireless devices.
- Easy to use for file transfer.
- You can connect with a wide variety of devices.
- It has a portable and compact design.
- You cannot use it for TVs and car stereos.
Wireless WiFi Bluetooth Adapter iFun4U is a dongle that offers a transmission rate up to 150Mbps to connect various devices with ease. It comes with Bluetooth 4.0 that enables you to connect your PC with a speaker, iPad, tablet, headset, keyboard, printer, mouse, etc.
This adapter is bundled with a CD that contains drivers for ese of use for the desktop users. It is easily compatible with various versions of Windows operating system. This wireless dongle has LED light that flashes when you plug it into your PC.
- Offers good connection speed.
- Convenient to carry.
- Quick and easy installation process.
- It is not useful for automotive systems or home theaters.
- You cannot use it on Mac, Linux, and Chromebook.
⚡ How to pick the Best Bluetooth Adapter for PC?
Here are ways that help you to pick the Best Bluetooth Adapter for PC:
- Range: If you are using a wireless keyboard or mouse, then the range is not important. However, for other devices like TV, home theater, and car systems, it is preferable that you check range while picking a Bluetooth adapter.
- Price: When you have set a budget in your mind, it becomes easy to choose the best Bluetooth adapter for your needs.
The adapter price depends on the features and its compatibility options. It is good that you look for products compare it with a similar cost product providing better features and choose the one which suits your need.
- Operating System compatibility: If you have Windows, and the chosen Bluetooth adapter does not support this OS, it is useless. So, check all the supported operating systems before choosing a Bluetooth dongle.
- Bluetooth version: Most of the devices supports Bluetooth 4.0, but 3.0
adapter is also good if you are not worried about battery life or high bandwidth. Version 4.0 of Bluetooth is efficient and provides file transfer with faster rates.
🚀 Which are the Best Bluetooth Adapter?
Below are some of the Best Bluetooth Adapter:
- ASUS USB-BT400 USB Adapter
- Bluetooth USB Adapter CSR 4.0 USB Dongle
- Plugable USB Bluetooth
- Avantree DG40S USB Bluetooth Adapter for PC
- Avantree Leaf
- Etekcity Bluetooth Receiver
- UGREEN USB Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter
- Wireless WiFi Bluetooth Adapter iFun4U
❓ How to use a Bluetooth Adapter?
Setting up your Bluetooth adapter with Windows 10 PC is simple and easy. This operating system comes with essential drivers, hence a Bluetooth dongle can be ready to use with minimal efforts.
The older versions of Windows OS may not have built-in drivers. Therefore, you need to find them from the manufacture’s websites.
If you want to connect a Bluetooth adapter, then you need to connect it to your USB port and then pair it to your PC.
🏅 Difference between Class 1 and Class 2 Bluetooth devices
Here is an important difference between Class 1 and Class 2 Bluetooth devices:
Class 1 Bluetooth devices have a maximum power consumption of 100mW. On the other hand, Class 2 has a max power consumption of 2.5 mW.
Bluetooth Devices, which come under the Class 1 category, have a transmission range up to 100 meters, while Class 2 Bluetooth 4.0 devices have a range of about 10 meters.