Following are UiPath interview questions for fresher as well as experienced candidates to get your dream job.
1) What is UiPath?
UiPath Studio is a software solution that allows automating repetitive office tasks. It is founded by Romanian entrepreneur Daniel Dines in the year 2005. It converts tedious tasks into the automation process can work with multiple tools.
2) Explain various products of UiPath
Various products available in UiPath are:
- UiPath Studio: It allows us to plan any automation processes visually with the help of different diagrams. Each diagram represents a specific type of work to perform.
- UiPath Robot: Once the designing process is done in the Studio, you need to execute the procedures in built-in Studio. Robots will pick those steps and run without human direction in any environment. It can also work when human triggers the process.
- UiPath Orchestrator: This tool is a web-based application. It helps you to deploy, schedule, monitor, and manage robots & processes. It is a centralized platform for all robots to manage.
3) What is RPA?
Robotics Process Automation (RPA) allows organizations to automate the task, just like a human being was doing them across applications and systems. The purpose of RPA is to transfer the process execution from humans to bots.
4) List various stages of RPA life cycle
Various stages of RPA life cycles are: 1) Discovery phase, 2) solution design phase, 3) development phase, 4) user acceptance tests, 5) development and maintenance phase, and 6) execute bots.
5) What is the need of UiPath in RPA?
UiPath in RPA is needed because:
- It helps in process modeling
- Deploy management becomes very easy.
- It makes it possible to execute a remote procedure.
6) What are the components available in UiPath?
Various Components available in UiPath are:
- UiPath Studio
- UiPath Robot
- UiPath Orchestrator
7) Explain different types of workflows in UiPath
Various kinds of workflows in UiPath are:
- Sequences: The sequence is a small type of Project which are suitable for linear processes. It enables developers to switch from one activity to another easily.
- State Machine: A machine using a specific number of states used for automation, it is called as the state machine. It will switch from one state to another.
- Flowchart: It can be used for large or small projects that help in building complex business.
8) What are the features of RPA?
The features of RPA are:
- Accurate: It works with accuracy and uniformity. Thus, RPA helps to reduce errors.
- No programming required: RPA tools do not require any programming knowledge.
- Consistent: The RPA software is developed in a way that all repetitive tasks can be performed in the same way.
- Productivity rate: Task execution time is faster compared to the standard approach.
- Efficiency: It can work continuously without a break, with the same efficiency.
- Cost-cutting technology: It enables you to reduce manual workforce and therefore decreases the cost needed to perform any task.
9) Define UiPath automation
UiPath automation is a process Automation vendor. This tool helps to automate any type of process.
10) What is the primary difference between test automation and process automation?
Test Automation is used for testing purposes while automating any application to check whether the cases are pass or fail. On the other hand, process automation used to automate the process without any human intervention.
11) List properties of UiPath
Properties of UiPath are:
12) Define branching in UiPath
Branching in UiPath is used for connecting activities using the branch in Flowchart.
13) Explain types of Wildcards in UiPath
There are two types of Wildcards in UiPath:
- Asterisk (*): It replaces zero or more characters.
- Question mark (?): It replaces a single character.
14) What is Robotic Automation?
Robotic automation is a style of automation where a computer mimics a human action.
15) What are the features of UiPath?
Features of UiPath are:
- Hosting options: It can be hosted in cloud environments or virtual terminals.
- Application compatibility: It enables users to work with a wide range of applications.
- Centralized repository: This feature helps for handling all the robots simultaneously by users.
- Security: Offers auto-login features to run the bots.
- Advanced screen scraping solution: UiPath can work with applications like .Net, Java, Flash, PDF, Legacy, SAP, with accuracy.
- Level of scalability and robustness: Effective debugging and exception handling mechanisms. Artificial intelligence handling day to day applications like outlooks Excel, PDF.
16) List out popular tools for RPA
Various tools used for RPA:
- Open span
- NICE Actimize
- Automation Anywhere
17) What is Process Studio?
Process Studio is a process modelling application like MS Visio. It is used to create a process in Blue Prism. Process Studio uses various flow diagrams and notations.
18) What is the difference between UiPath and Automation Anywhere?
The difference between UiPath and Automation anywhere is:
|It follows the web-based architecture||The architecture includes client and server|
|Supports browser and mobile app.||Supports access through the app only.|
|Scalability recommended for small projects only.||Highly scalable for small and mediums projects.|
19) What is a thin client?
Thin client is an application that requires certain attributes while using RPA tools, e.g., calculator, computer, etc.
20) Explain variable and data type in UiPath
Variables in UiPath are used to store the data, and to change the value of a variable. Data types help to store data in different forms. UiPath supports various data types like number, time, date, universal value, and text.
21) What is sequence activities in UiPath?
The sequence is a small type of Project that clears the path from switching from one activity to another. It works as a single activity block. Developers can reuse these blocks multiple times.
22) What is the State of a machine?
Different states in which a machine needs to undergo while executing a single task is called a state of the machine. In case if the action is triggered, it can switch into different states.
23) List various types of recordings available in UiPath
Different types of recordings in UiPath are: 1) Basic, 2) Desktop, 3) WEB, and 4) Citrix, and 5) Image.
24) What is the assigned activity in UiPath?
Assign activity in UiPath enables to assign values to various variables.
25) Differentiate between Blue Prism and Automation Anywhere
|Blue Prism||Automation Anywhere|
|Blue Prism libraries can be reused with other processes.||Reusable blocks can be created using smart adapters.|
|Cognitive capability is very less.||Cognitive capability is moderately capable.|
|Accurately work with desktop, citric, and web.||Accuracy is moderated.|
|It can be used for back-office automation.||It can be used for both front as well as back-office automation.|
26) What is the major difference between UiPath and Selenium?
The major difference between UiPath and Selenium is that Selenium is designed to test websites or web applications. On the other hand, Selenium is RPA software that automates the software process.
27) List out the things that can be automated using RPA
Things that can be automated using RPA are:
- Report generation from the website.
- Data capture and data manipulation work.
- Collection the information from different forms.
- Email sharing.
- Data entry works.
- Daily and repeatable work in the system.
28) What is a generic variable in UiPath?
A generic variable is a special variable that can store any kind of data types like int, dates format, arrays, and string.
29) Mention the steps to create a project and execute in UiPath studio?
Steps for creating the Project are:
Step 1) Click start in UiPath studio software.
Step 2) Select the project type.
Step 4) In the new tab, enter the name, location, and description and click on create.
Step 5) Drag and drop the activities into the design window.
Step 6) Select RUN or press F5.
30) What is the difference between Basic and desktop recording?
|Basic Recorder||Desktop Recorder|
|Each activity of the basic recorder generates a full selector.||Activities of desktop recorders generate only partial selectors.|
|A basic recorder cannot generate a container for every activity.||Desktop Recorder can generate a container for each activity.|
|It is slower than the desktop recorder.||It is faster than the basic recorder.|
|It is suitable for a single activity.||It is suitable for more than one activity.|
31) List types of OCR engine available in the market
Types of OCR engines are: 1)Google cloud OCR, 2) Microsoft Cloud OCR, 3) Microsoft OCR, 4) Google OCR, and 5) Abbyy Cloud OCR.
32) What is the need for Element Exists?
It is used to check whether UI Element is present or not during the execution of the program. Element exists only supports Boolean.
33) What are the contentions in UiPath?
Contention in UiPath enables developers to make a contention for the project improvement.
34) Explain Package manager.
A package manager in UiPath is a bundle of numerous elements that allows automating the process. A package manager includes things like frameworks, libraries, and wrappers.
35) What is automatic recording in UiPath?
In UiPath, there is a facility that helps the developer to record action automatically. Programmers can easily customize and parameterize it.
36) List variable error handling activities available in UiPath
Error catching activities in UiPath are:
- Terminate workflow
- Try Catch
37) What is the difference between data scraping and screen scraping?
The difference between data scraping and screen scraping is:
|Data Scraping||Screen Scraping|
|Extracts structural data.||Extracts non-structural data.|
|Stores scraped information in a data table.||Stores scraped information in a string.|
|Efficiently extracts data into Excel or DB.||Cannot easily extract data into Excel or DB.|
|Cannot collect data from images or PDFs.||It can collect data from images and PDFs.|
38) List the email protocols available in UiPath
Email protocols available in UiPath are: 1) IMAP, 2) GET, 3) Outlook, POP3, etc.
39) Explain the Delay activity
Delay activity in UiPath is used to pause or stop the automation for some time. It is mainly used in projects where there is a need for time to wait and start a specific application. Delay activity can also be used for applications that are waiting for information processing.
40) Explain Do While Activity in UiPath
Do while activity enables programmers to execute the particular part of automation when the condition is true. However, If the mention condition is not true, then the loop cannot be executed.
It is used for step through the Element, which is present in the array. Do while activity also helps in executing particular activity multiple times.
41) Explain project debugging concept in UiPath
Debugging concept is used for finding and showing the error for a specific project. It has both breakpoints and logging. Debugging also helps you to gather information about the Project and highlight the error step by step.
42) What is the meaning of publishing an automation project?
Publishing of the automation package means archiving it. The related files are present in a specific folder for sending it to a robot and executing it.
43) Explain the hardware infrastructure needed to run the Blue Prism Robotic Automation Platform
Developers can develop software using a front office or back-office process. It can run on any desktop machine.
44) Explain the difference between test automation and RPA
The difference between test automation and RPA is:
|Test automation is used to reduce test execution time.||RPA used to reduce headcount using automation.|
|It automates repetitive test cases.||It reduces headcount through automation.|
|Coding knowledge required to create Test Scripts||Wizard-driven and coding knowledge not required.|
|It can automate a product.||It can automate a product as well as a service.|
|Limited to technical users.||It can be used across the board by all stakeholders.|
45) What is the general use of RPA?
General use of RPA is:
- Emulates human action: RPA can emulate human execution of the repetitive process.
- Conduct high-volume repeated tasks: RPA can simulate the repetition of data from one system to another. It performs tasks like data entry, copying, and pasting.
- Perform multiple tasks: Operates multiple and complex tasks across multiple systems. This helps to process transactions, manipulate data, and send reports.
- Virtual system integration: It can transfer data between disparate and legacy systems by connecting them at the user interface level.
46) What is the session variable?
The session variable in UiPath is a reference to one process of the instance. In case if the process continuous more than one process at the same time, it may have the same session variables but with changed value.
47) Differentiate between mainframe applications and non-mainframe applications
The difference between Mainframe applications and Non-mainframe applications is:
|Mainframe applications||Non-mainframe applications|
|The mainframe has a separate screen and keyboard-based tool.||Non-mainframe applications have many screens.|
|In the mainframe, the set of in-built commands are supported by UiPath.||Command control transfers from one screen to the rest of the screens.|
48) What is UiPath append range?
UiPath append range enables to project development team to insert or edit data in their existing workbook. They can use it to enter the data from the workbook. If the developer appends the data, it will not overwrite the current data.
49) Explain the ways to create Variable in UiPath
There are three ways to create a variable in UiPath:
- Applying the variable tab available in the control bar.
- Using the output column and properties window.
- Selecting Create variable option available in the ribbon tab.
50) Explain switch activity
Switch activity is used to accept objects depend on the defined character’s values. It uses the integral argument that can be changed by going to the properties panel and selecting the expected argument type.
51) Explain while activity
While activity helps in preparing an activity when a status is valid.
52) Explain for Each Activity
For each activity helps in providing the step using data tables, arrays, lists, and other collections. It enables the programmer to repeat the data and process the information individually.
53) What is the primary difference between screen scraping and data scrapping?
The primary difference between screen scraping and data scrapping is that Screen scraping is a method to extract structured data from the UI element. Data scraping is a method to extract the structured data from any document or web and save it into spreadsheets or databases.
54) What is an Array?
The array is a type of variable that allows developers to store multiple values of the same data type. UiPath Studio supports numerous kinds of arrays. Programmers can create a variety of numbers, strings, Boolean, and more.
55) How to automate database?
UiPath developers can automate the database by installing Uipath.database from the managed package. Programmers can provide all the details of the database in activity properties.
56) List out different types of decision activities available in UiPath
Different types of decision activities available in UiPath are 1) If Activity, 2) Switch Activity, 3,) Flow Decision, and 4) Switch Decision.
57) Mention the limitations of UiPath Community Edition
Limitations of UiPath Community Edition are:
- Libraries of nugget package managers get deleted every time, and tools also ask for the activation.
- In UiPath Community Edition, there is a lack of UiPath Orchestrator server
58) Explain the types of robots that can be configured in Orchestrator?
Two types of robots that can be configured in Orchestrator are:
- Standard robot: It is a machine which is dedicated on a single standard machine.
- Floating robot: It can use multiple machines like it can work on any standard or template.
59) What is a custom activity?
Custom activity is a reusable component that can be built specifically to project or client requirements.
60) What are reusable components in UiPath?
Reusable components are defined as any workflow that is reused at different places in the UiPath project.
61) Explain try and catch activity
Try catch activity is used to handle any exception. The group of activities that may expect failure are placed inside a try block. Activities to perform after an exception occurs are placed inside a catch block.
62) What is the primary difference between the Attended & Unattended bot?
Attended bot works on workstation similar to a human. It is triggered by the user through their events or actions. On the other hand, unattended robots work in neglected in virtual environments. It can automate any number of processes.
63) Explain UiPath Explorer
UI Explorer is a tool that is used to create a custom selector for a UI element. It is used only if the UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities package is installed in the Project.
64) What is the primary difference between Step into and Step in UiPath?
The basic difference is: Step over can be used for running step by step programs, whereas step overused for fast execution.
65) What is an output panel?
The output panel is the type of panel where the developer can view the result of execution.
66) What is an outline panel?
The Outline panel shows the project hierarchy, all nodes, as well as variables.
67) What is the way to automate excel macro using UiPath?
Automation in excel macro using UiPath is performed using execute macro activity installed from manage package window.
68) List sections which are available in UiPath
Sections available in UiPath are: 1) Projects Panel, 2) Activity Panel, 3) Workflow Designer, and 4) Properties Panel.
69) What is the difference between while and do while activity?
The difference between while and do-while is that while loop check condition before the iterating loop. The do-while loop verifies the condition after the execution of the statement in the loop.
70) What are the types of Robots?
There two types of Robots: 1) Attended and 2) Unattended.
71) Mention the tools needed to read and send mail
Tools required to read and send mail are:
- Microsoft Outlook
- IBM Notes
- Microsoft Exchange
72) What are the types of input methods for click and type action?
Types of input methods for click and type action are:
- Default method
- Send windows message
- Simulate type/key
73) What is an Orchestration job?
An Orchestration job is a Job whose responsibility is to orchestrate the execution of other Jobs.
74) What is a credential manager?
UiPath credential manager helps programmers to automate the process. It is used for creating, making, as well as deleting the credential using dedicated activities.
75) What is an exception?
An exception is an error that happens at the time of execution of a program. The error handling activity offers mainly four options: 1) terminate workflow, 2) rethrow 3) throw, 4) try and catch.
76) What is the main difference between Excel and Workbook activity?
The main difference between Excel and Workbook activity is that in Excel application, the user cannot access the password-protected popups for entering credentials. On the other hand, workbook activity makes it is possible.
77) What is Anchor base in UiPath?
Anchor base is a container that searches for a UI element using other UI elements. This tool can be used when any reliable selector is not present.
78) Explain Email automation
Email automation refers to automating all manual steps like Sending emails, receiving emails, attaching the attachment in the email, and downloading it.
79) How to filter mail using UiPath?
There are two methods to filter the mail:
- Users can filter email through if condition in for each loop.
- Users can also filter email by providing filter conditions in the “Get outlook” filter option.
80) Explain PDF automation
PDF automation is a process of fetching all the information from PDF files.