Here are Automation Anywhere Interview Questions for fresher as well as experienced candidates to get their dream job.
1) What is Automation?
Automation is a technique of making devices, a process, or a system to operate automatically.
2) What is Automation Anywhere?
Automation Anywhere is one of the popular RPA vendors offering powerful & user-friendly RPA capabilities to automate any complex tasks.
It is one of the revolutionary technology that changes the way the enterprise operates. This tool combines conventional RPA with intellectual elements like natural language understanding and reading any unstructured data.
3) What is BOT insights?
BOT insights is a tool that simply shows statistic and display graphs to analyse the performance of every bot in the system. Here, you can also calculate the time you have saved because of the automation process.
4) Specify the important factors needed for the evaluation of the scripting standard of Automation testing.
Important factors needed for the evaluation of the scripting standard of Automation testing are: There should be optimized utilization of system wherever needed, automation testing script should have a uniform naming tradition, administration, and error handling module.
5) What are the features of Automation Anywhere?
Features of Automation Anywhere are:
- Automation Intelligence for business and IT tasks
- Uses SMART Automation Technology
- Rapidly Automates complex and complicated tasks
- Create automation tasks like recording keyboard strokes and mouse clicks
- Distribute tasks to multiple computers
- Automation Anywhere offers scriptless Automation
- Auto-login runs scheduled tasks on anytime, even when the computer is locked.
6) Name Subversion (SVN) used in Automation anywhere and maintaining a repository
Subversion (SVN) used in Automation anywhere and maintaining a repository is Apache subversion.
7) List browsers supported by Automation anywhere
Browsers supported by Automation anywhere are:
- CHROME 49 and above
- FIREFOX 45,46,47
- IE 10 & 11
8) Mention commands used for error handling in Automation Anywhere?
Commands used for error handling in Automation Anywhere are:
1) Begin Error Handling and
2) End Error Handling.
9) What are the predefined variables?
The predefined variables are system variables which are provided by Automation Anywhere in order to automate any task.
10) What is the use of the OCR command for Image Recognition?
OCR command is used to:
- Specify an image.
- Select the OCR Engine and set a threshold amount to determine its accuracy.
- Assign the value of the extracted text in a variable.
11) What is object cloning in Automation anywhere?
The object cloning command is used to recognized objects and a variety of their properties, including type, name, value, and path.
12) How to compare two rows in Microsoft Excel?
Comparison can be done between two rows in Excel by adding a unique serial no or ID to it.
13) What is the difference between the set text and append text?
The set text will insert the latest data by removing old data, whereas while append text will only insert data, and it will not remove old data.
14) Why triggers used in Automation Anywhere?
Triggers are used in Automation Anywhere in order to launch the manager, to add delete, or edit triggers, or to enable or disable triggers.
15) What do you mean by QTP?
QTP stands for Quick test professional and is an Automation tool that is considered in test environments.
16) Name things which can be automated
Things that can be automated are: Automation behind GUI, build deployment, smoke sanity test suite, and test data creation.
17) List different recorders of Automation Anywhere
Different recorders of Automation Anywhere are 1) easy recorder, 2) object recorder, and 3) web recorder.
18) Mention app integration commands in Automation Anywhere
App integration commands in Automation Anywhere are: browser, Java Applet, and dos command prompt.
19) What is a workflow designer?
The workflow designer is helpful in building a process flow diagram with a graphical environment. It can be used to build automated tasks in the program.
20) Why String Operation Commands are used in Automation Anywhere?
String operation commands in Automation Anywhere are used to perform various actions like:
- Lower Case
21) Mention subcommands that are provided by Terminal Emulator
Subcommands that are provided by Terminal Emulator are:
- Send Text/ Get Text
- Set Field/ Get Field
- Get all fields
22) What Enterprise Control Room does?
The Enterprise Control Room provides the main dashboards from which all of the automation projects can be managed. The Enterprise Control Room centralizes the control, security, and collaboration.
23) What are the types of Bots in Automation Anywhere?
There are basically three types of Bots in Automation Anywhere:
- Task Bots: Task bots are bots which automate a rule-based, repetitive task in areas like document administration, HR, claims management, IT services, and more. This leads to an immediate improvement in productivity, error reduction, and cost-saving.
- Meta Bots: Meta bots are the automation building blocks. It is designed in such a way that with application updates or changes, you need to make minimal edits to the bot. Changes automatically apply to any process utilizing that bot.
- IQBOT: It is an advanced tool. It can learn on its own and perform a task according to it. IQ Bot offers Automation using highly advanced cognitive technology. It works on the concept of organizing unstructured data while improving its skills and performance.
24) What is the role of Bot Runner?
Bot Runner is a kind of machine that is used to run Bots. There are possible chances to run Bots parallelly. A run license is needed in order to run any Bot. In case any failure occurs in the middle of the process, then it is returned to the control room.
25) List applications where the Automation Anywhere is used
The application where Automation anywhere is used are:
- Accounting: Invoice processing, reporting, auditing, etc.
- HR: Automating tasks in PeopleSoft. Email notifications, populating.
- Operations/IT: Creating accounts, software set-up, batch processing, system integrations, etc.
- Sales: Creating and printing invoices, add, modify, and removing customer data into CRM.
- Marketing: Creating lead generation reports and monitoring social sentiment.
- Manufacturing: Inventory management. Excel automation. ERP integration.
26) Explain the types of recorders in Automation Anywhere
Types of recorders in Automation Anywhere are:
- Screen Recorder: It is used for desktop-based applications when a task involves more clicks.
- Smart Recorder: It is a feasible approach for building tasks and applicable for both desktop and web applications.
- Web Recorder: This recorder is applicable for performing tasks that require repetitive actions and can be implemented for web-based applications.
27) Name two tools that can be used for Automation anywhere testing
Tools that can be used for Automation anywhere testing are: 1) Rational Robot and 2) QTP.
28) What are the types of a framework that are used in Automation Anywhere software?
There are four important frameworks that are used in Automation Anywhere software:
1) keyword driven automation framework.
2) data-driven automation framework.
3) hybrid automation framework.
4) modular automation framework.
29) Why wait command is good?
Command wait is good because it provides two options: 1) Wait for window and 2) Wait for screen change.
30) How can time stamps be created for Automation Anywhere task?
Stamps can be created by using system variables like a year, day, hour, month, minute, and second.
31) List the commands used in Automation Anywhere
Commands used for Automation Anywhere are:
- Object cloning
- DB commands
- PDF integration
- Message box
- Email commands
- Excel commands
32) How to add/remove Clients in Control Room?
Clients can be added to or removed from Control Room by going to user management tab in Automation Anywhere Control Room. Users can either deactivate or deactivate any client by selecting the proper option under actions.
33) How to do logs in Automation Anywhere?
There is a command called LOGTOFILE to print the logs to an external file of your choice, either by appending or replacing it with a timestamp.
34) What is app integration in Automation Anywhere?
App Integration provides an option to work with applications like DOS, Browsers, Java Applet, UNIX shell, and more.
35) List looping commands available in Automation Anywhere
Looping commands available in Automation Anywhere are:
- Start loop
- End loop
- Exit loop
- Continue loop
36) Mention various types of variables available in Task editor
Various types of variables available in Task editor are:
37) List various options available for error handling
Various options available for error handling are:
- Err number
- Err description
- Continue/exit task
- Take snapshot
- Send email
- Variable assignment
- Run another task
38) How to lock, shutdown, and restart machine using Automation Anywhere?
Command SYSTEM, which is available in sub-menu, can be used to lock, shutdown, and restart machines using Automation Anywhere.
39) What is the use of a variable in Automation Anywhere?
Variables can help programmers to fetch online data to transform between two or more applications like MS Excel. Automation Anywhere is designed with different types of variables that can be defined for each task.
40) Name the command that is used to hold BOT extension
Delay is the command that can be used to hold the BOT execution for some amount of time and then continue.
41) What are the primary aim of using Automation Anywhere Control Room?
The primary aim of using Automation Anywhere Control Room are:
- Server settings
- Registering a client
- Uploading tasks
42) How to create a timestamp for particular tasks using Automation Anywhere?
The timestamp for particular tasks using Automation Anywhere can be created using variables like:
43) Mention the difference between Email Automation Command and Send Email command?
Email Automation command is used to manage the automatically manage incoming mails, extracting attachments to a particular folder, etc. Send email commands are used to trigger the emails and include the attachments and format it in HTML.
44) Define hotkey and how to assign a hotkey to a task?
A hotkey is a shortcut key that is used to run the task in Automation Anywhere Enterprise Client. A hotkey can be assigned by selecting a task and clicking on the property.
45) What is a modular testing framework?
Modular testing framework is a tester that divides the whole application into small modules and creates test scripts individually. These scripts are combined to make larger test scripts by using a master script to achieve the goal.
46) What is a trigger?
The Trigger enables a task to run automatically for a particular event that occurs on your PC. For example, a trigger can be used when any new window opens, or a specific file is created.
47) What is the command to launch any website?
The command to launch any website is: Launch Website Activity.
48) What is Bot Creators?
Bot creators are a command that is used to create a bot.
49) How to read CSV files using Automation Anywhere?
Perform the following steps to read CSV file using Automation Anywhere:
Step 1) Open CSV file or text file by giving their location using OPEN PROGRAM/FILE command.
Step 2) Use READ CSV/ TEXT FILE command in order to read a CSV file.
50) How to read PDF using Automation Anywhere?
PDF Integration is a command that can be used to read PDF files of single or multiple pages, merge documents, extract values, and more.
51) What is Automation Anywhere Credential Vault?
Automation Anywhere credential vault provides a facility to store the password in a secure way and use it at run time in BOTS. These variables easily accessed through F2 or variable for a password field.
52) How to assign new permissions to users?
New permission can be assigned by going to the security tab to set the permission of users.
53) Explain actions offered by Automation Anywhere to handle errors
Actions provided by Automation Anywhere to handle errors are:
- Run task: Used to run a task when the current task has an error.
- Variable assignment: It is used to identify a value to be assigned and set tasks.
- Send an email: It is used to send an email when an error occurs.
- Log data into a file: It logs any error into a file.
- Take snapshot: You can take a screenshot of any error.
54) What is Image Recognition?
Image Recognition is a feature of Automation Anywhere Enterprise. It allows the recognition and comparison of images from the window or file.
55) What is the use of wild card characters?
Wild character in Automation Anywhere is represented as “*.” It is used for dynamic windows.
56) How to call a Bot inside a Bot?
There is a command task to open another task BOT inside other BOTS. Meta BOTS can be used by dragging and dropping into a task editor. IQ BOTS can also be used by suing IQ BOTS command.
57) What are the types of licenses in Automation Anywhere?
Two types of licenses in Automation Anywhere are:
- Developer license
- Run time
58) What are the crucial factors that should be taken care of while planning Automation anywhere?
- All the applications used in the process can be automated using Automation Anywhere or not.
- Whether the application/ process needs manual interventions?
- Automation scripts taking more time than manual work?
- Type of work environment like VM/Citrix
- Type of OS Windows/Linux/Mac OS
59) What is the difference between Automation Anywhere Development and run-time client?
- Development client is Task editor where we can edit and modify or run the tasks
- Run time client is a task editor where a developer can run existing BOTS/tasks.
60) What kind of Scripts Automation Anywhere supports?
Automation Anywhere supports VBScript and Jscript.
61) What all OCR engines supported by Automation Anywhere?
OCR engines supported by Automation Anywhere are:
- TOCR: Tesseract OCR
- MODI: Microsoft Object Document Imaging
62) How to extract tables from PDF?
A table from PDF can be extracted using Manage Windows controls.
63) Which system variable format can be modified?
System variable can be modified is Date.
64) What is SnapPoint in Automation Anywhere?
In Automation Anywhere Premier is used when a task has verified the images of all mouse clicks. SnapPoint enables you to capture images on demand, just enable SnapPoint and set it for the commands that you want.
65) How to pass the variables from one task to another?
Passing the variables from one task to another can be done by mapping the variable when calling that task.
66) What are the advantages of Automation?
The advantages of Automation Anywhere are:
- No programming knowledge is required. You can record your actions, or point and click the action wizards.
- Eliminates the element of the human error
- Increases transaction speed and allows to save time and costs
- Quick Time to Value, Non-intrusive
- It is useful to automate data transfers and import or export data between files or applications.
- Scale from Desktop to Data Center
67) What are the steps involved in Automation Anywhere Process?
Steps involved in Automation Anywhere Process are:
Step 1) Select the tool
Step 2) Define the scope of the Automation, followed by measures like planning.
Step 3) Test and execute the application.
Step 4) Maintain application
68) How does the Client communicate with the Server?
In the Client window, click on the Repository tab to communicate with the Server. The programmer can directly download, upload, or compare server tasks with client tasks.
69) Name some software tools for testing Automation Anywhere
Some of the essential automation testing tools are QTP, SoapUI, Telerik Test Studio, Robotium, etc.
70) What are the reasons for not using manual testing in the Automation Anywhere?
The primary reason for not using manual testing is that it requires additional resources. It can also consume more time. If there are many projects or time-bound, then the performing tasks repeatedly are not possible.
71) Mention the characteristics of an ethical framework in Automation Anywhere
Ethical framework characteristics in Automation Anywhere are:
- It must follow some coding practices.
- The code should be reusable.
- Ethical framework should have inbuilt reporting features.
- It should be able to integrate with various kinds of frameworks and applications.
72) Explain Automation Anywhere bot store
Developers can purchase ready to use digital workers and bots from bot store of Automation Anywhere. These bots can automate repetitive tasks. It can saves development time as the bots are pre-built.
73) What RPA?
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is software that can mimic the action of a human user. It performs actions on a PC to automate business processes, which are highly repetitive and rule-based.
74) What are operating systems supported by Automation Anywhere Enterprise?
Operating systems supported Automation Anywhere Enterprise are: 1) Windows 2008 R2, 2) Windows 2008 R2, 3) Windows 7, etc.
75) List Enterprise Control Room Components
Enterprise Control Room Components are:
- Intel Pentium i5 or i7.
- 100 MB space on the hard disk for the installation.
- 4 GB RAM
- Monitor having resolution 1024 x 768 or higher.
- Internet Explorer 6.0 browser or later.
76) Explain the concept of auto-login
Auto-Login automatically unlocks the computer, runs the automated tasks, and returns the system to the original state.
77) Explain Session Name
A session name defines a data stream. By default, the session is “Default”. Session name becomes important when there is a possibility of opening multiple connections simultaneously.
78) List terminal types that can be connected to a terminal emulator
Terminal types that can be connected to a terminal emulator are: 1) VT1000, 2) ANSI, 3) TN5250, and 4) TN3270.
79) What is Bot Farm?
Bot Farm is integrated with Automation Anywhere Enterprise. It allows you to create multiple bots. Moreover, you can also give these bots on a rental basis.
80) How to deploy a task in Automation Anywhere Control Room?
In Automation Anywhere client clicks on MANAGE and go to= REPOSITORY to deploy any task.
81) Define MetaBots in Automation Anywhere
A MetaBot is a blueprint of an application that can be re-used in order to optimize processes.