Here are Blue Prism interview questions for fresher as well as experienced candidates to get your dream job.
1) What are the features of Blue Prism?
The features of Blue Prism are:
- Secure, scalable, and central management of a virtual workforce of computer software robots
- Complete automation solution that results in work distribution and queue management
- Blue prism has many robust features like load balancing, encryption, and audit. It also offers robots that are defined and managed centrally.
- Blue Prism comes with various types of spying modes for different application types
- It has many improved features to configure dashboards
- Exception stages can be set to save a screen capture.
- You can automate Excel, XML, CSV, pdf, image, etc.
2) What is Process Studio?
Process Studio is a process modelling application like MS Visio. It is used to create a process in Blue Prism. Process Studio uses various flow diagrams and notations.
3) List out various tools for RPA and Vendors
Various tools used for RPA and Vendors are:
- Open span
- NICE Actimize
- Automation Anywhere
4) Differentiate between Blue Prism and Automation Anywhere
|Blue Prism||Automation Anywhere|
|Blue Prism libraries can be reused with other processes.||Reusable blocks can be created using smart adapters.|
|Cognitive capability is very less.||Cognitive capability is moderately possible.|
|Accurately work with desktop, citric, and web.||Accuracy is moderated.|
|Blue Prism is used for back-office automation.||Automation Anywhere is used for the front as well as back-office automation.|
5) What is Robotic Process Automation?
Robotics Process Automation (RPA) refers to automate tasks, just like a human being was doing them across applications and systems. The purpose of RPA is to transfer the process execution from humans to bots.
6) What are the benefits of using Blue Prism?
Benefits of Blue Prism are:
- It doesn’t need IT skills to implement
- Provides the highest return of your ROI, tremendous payback with self-funding returns.
- It can be easily implemented in a short period of 4 to 6 weeks.
- Automates the application’s controls and fields, irrespective of their onscreen position, to increase Bot’s speed.
- Enables front office agents and back-office automation to improve human-robot interactivity and productivity
- Robust and feature-rich analytics suite.
- Double-byte character set support allows you to expand RPA to systems. It also supports processes that need double-byte, such as Asian languages.
7) What are the various stages of the RPA life cycle?
Various stages of RPA life cycles are: 1) Discovery phase, 2) solution design phase, 3) development phase, 4) user acceptance tests, 5) development and maintenance phase, and 6) execute bots.
8) List different types of security in Blue Prism
There are three different types of security in the Blue Prism:
- User: Assigning new user information.
- Credentials: storing secret information.
- Options: assigning rules for setting passwords.
9) What is a thin client?
Thin client is an application that requires certain attributes while using RPA tools, e.g., calculator, computer, etc.
10) What is the use of the queue manager in Blue Prism?
Queue manager is used to managing the items which are in a queue.
11) What is web service in Blue Prism?
Web service is a client-server application or application component for communication.
12) How many components are there in Blue Prism?
There are two components in Blue Prism:
1) Process Studio
2) Object Studio
13) Explain the difference between Selenium and RPA
|Selenium helps to automate browser applications||RPA helps to automate business processes|
|The task of Selenium is performed on the current browser page.||The task of RPA is performing at the backend of the Process.|
|Major component, which is used in Selenium, is Selenium Web Drivers.||Major component, which is used in Selenium, is RPA bots.|
|Its life cycle is relatively difficult.||Its life cycle is simple.|
|It requires programming knowledge.||It does not require programming knowledge.|
14) What do you understand by the Functional Requirements Questionnaire (FRQ)?
FRQ or Functional Requirements Questionnaire are used to make a quick checklist for needed details.
15) What is the Object Studio in Blue Prism?
Object studio is an application to create the Visual Business Object. It is abbreviated as VBO and created to interact with other applications.
16) Explain thick client
The thick client is the application that requires certain attribute features using RPA tools, e.g., computer, calculator, Internet Explorer.
17) Explain OID
The full form of OID is the Operational Impact Document. It is used to inform the client operation team what is needed for change after occurring of the automation solution. OID is a description of the change that occurs after the successful implementation of the solution.
18) What is PDI?
PDI is also called as Process Design Instruction. It is a blueprint that helps blue prism developers to make the development process clear and easy to understand.
19) What is the control room?
The control room is a place where unworked or pending items, locked items, completed items, and exception items are kept.
20) List out available modes for object spying
Modes for object spying are:
- Region mode
- HTML mode
- Accessibility mode
- UI (User Interface) automation mode
- WIN32 mode
21) Why initialize and clean up in object studio is necessary?
Initialize and clean up are conditions that can be executed at the start and end of the object. They cannot be called using any action because it will run automatically when an object is called.
22) What is the environment variable?
Environment variable is a type of exposure in data item in which data item value is easily changed without using the processor object. It is available in the system tab under the process section.
23) What are the disadvantages of surface automation?
The disadvantages of surface automation are:
- Surface automation uses screen coordinates to click on objects. Therefore its accuracy is very low.
- If the target application is not active, there is a high chance that global keys pass the values to the wrong application.
24) What is the session variable?
The session variable is a type of exposure in data item value can be changed during runtime. The session variable can be changed in the control room while running the Process.
25) What is the importance of preserve checkbox in blue prism?
A new exception is generated. The user has not ticked the preserve checkbox. By default, this type of checkbox is not ticked.
26) What are the two ways to expose data items?
Two ways to expose data items are:
- Session variable
- Environment variable
27) What is the use of the scheduler?
The scheduler is used to schedule the robot process that depends on the availability of input.
28) List different types of data items
Various types of data items are: 1) Date, 2) Date Time, 3) Text, 4) Image, 5) Password, 6) Binary, 7) Time, 8) Number, 9) Flag, and 10) Timespan.
29) What are the types of exceptions?
There are two types of exceptions: 1) system and 2) business exceptions.
30) Define startup parameters or input parameters
Startup Parameters are the parameters that can be passed before executing processes from the control room.
31) What is SDD?
SDD (Solution Design Document) is used to describe the Blue Prism automation process, which is derived in the Process Definition Document (PDD).
32) What is FRQ?
FRQ or (Function Requirements Questionnaire) is used to provide areas for consideration and also a checklist for needed details.
33) What are Multiple-Part Processes?
Multiple-Part Processes are used to work in multiple parts at different times. It has a parent-child relationship where individual work queues items should be linked to one request.
34) Explain the attach option in Blue Prism.
The attached option available in Blue Prism is used to identify the application that is currently used.
35) Explain the usage of dynamic match type
The Dynamic Match Type enables the user to identify the value of an attribute from the diagram.
36) What is the meaning of the recover stage in Blue Prism?
The recover stage catches the exception. It gives the user a chance to create different types of recovery sequences.
Once the exception is caught, the business object or the Process is called in the recovery mode. It implies that the exception is live.
37) What are connectors in Blue Prism?
Connectors in Blue Prism are:
- Mainframe Connector
- HTML Connector
- Windows Connector
- Citrix Connector
38) What is a work queue in Blue Prism?
Work Queue in Blue Prism helps to process more than one item in one bot.
39) What is Scheduler?
The scheduler is used to manage the item needed to complete its work according to its priorities.
40) What is a Tag?
Tag is the keyword of the term assigned to work queue items.
41) Define collection in Blue Prism
An array is a group of essentially a list of cases or jobs.
42) What is Output in Blue Prism?
Blue Prism offers the release manager that allows users to create checklists, which is known as Output.
43) What is the wildcard match type concept in Blue Prism?
Wildcard match type enables us to use the value of an attribute from the diagram rather than which is available in the application modeler.
44) Explain Mouse Click and Global Send Keys in Blue Prism
Global send keys and global mouse click are examples of operations that need an active application.
45) What is the use of the resume function?
The resume function reactivates temporarily paused queues. Therefore, it will not release any item.
46) What is a log viewer?
Log viewer provides a convenient way for both tracking the problem and for reviewing work progress.
47) What are the benefits of RPA?
Benefits of RPA are:
- It provides better customer satisfaction
- It offers a cost-effective solution
- You can generate a quick ROI.
48) What is the difference between Blue Prism and UiPath?
The difference between Blue Prism and UiPath is:
|Blue Prism has no free or trial version.||UiPath has a free edition or community edition.|
|It uses C# technology.||It uses a VB script as well as C#.|
|Blue Prism has limited learning sources.||Online training support and certification are available.|
|Blue Prism can be used for back-office automation.||UiPath can be used for back-office as well as front office automation.|
49) What is Status in Blue Prism?
Each Work Queue item in Blue Prism has a status. It can be used as a method of recording the completed work on queue item.
50) How can you set priority for the work queue?
Setting the priority for a work queue item is performed at the time when an item is initially added to the queue using queue action.
51) Define process template in Blue Prism
Blue Prism process templates are blueprint which are used as the basis for processes. It ensures that processes are easy to configure and support across all the processes.