IPTV can enhance your TV viewing experience by providing higher resolution, better dynamic range, and a more comprehensive range of channels than conventional TV.
The best IPTV players for Windows have built-in support for media encoding, streaming Live TV, fine-tuning audio/video, encoding/decoding, playing many file formats, and more.
We have curated a list of the 6 top IPTV players for Windows. Our research process involved evaluating tools based on supported platforms, pricing, free trial, codec support, M3U link support, and supported video codecs.
Best IPTV Players for Windows
|Name||Supported Video Codecs||Pricing||Supported Platforms||Link|
|👍 Megacubo||MP4, WebM, Ogg, HLS, etc||Free||Windows, Linux, macOS, and Android||Learn More|
|PowerDVD||ASF, AVI, DAT, DIV, etc||Lifetime Free Basic Plan||Windows||Learn More|
|VLC For Windows||MPEG, DivX®, H.261, H.263, MPEG-4 AVC, etc||Free||Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS||Learn More|
|Kodi||MPEG, H.264, AVC, etc||Lifetime Free||Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, and Raspberry Pi||Learn More|
|Plex||H.264, MPEG4, AAX, AC3, etc.||Free Basic Plan||Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Linux,||Learn More|
Best For Streaming live IPTV channels
Megacubo is one of the best IPTV players for Windows for watching IPTV channels. You can discover new content and media using Community Mode to access channel lists shared by other users. It supports automated recording of live streams and channels, ensuring you can keep all your content safe.
Megacubo provides a vast content catalog that supports over 200 online TV stations and 100 radio channels. You can add as many M3U lists as you want, and Megacubo will process and look for the desired transmission in each one. It has a straightforward UI that can be used even by beginners without proper IPTV knowledge.
- Megacubo lets you view torrents through magnet links so you can watch TV, movies, shows, etc., of your choice.
- Integrated ad-blocker blocks obstructive ads and marketing content, ensuring a better viewing experience.
- You can easily add an open channel to navigate and watch your favorite shows.
- Built-in support for casting live broadcasts on your television using a suitable casting tool.
- M3U Link Support: Yes
Device Compatibility: macOS, Linux, Windows, and Android
Supported Video Codecs: MP4, WebM, Ogg, HLS, etc
Supported Audio Formats: FLAC, HE-AAC, LC-AAC, MP3, etc
Customer Support: Website, Email, and Messenger
How to use Megacubo for IPTV?
- Download and Install Megacubo for Windows
- Now, go to “Options” and select “Tuning.”
- Click “Search Range” and find the content that you would like to watch
Best for Accessing an extensive content library
PowerDVD is one of the best tools for watching IPTV, accessing local media files, playing music, and more. You can use it to have an ideal IPTV viewing as it supports streaming content in HDR. It also includes rapid play technology and Dolby professional audio compatibility, making it an excellent media player for Windows. You can use this IPTV player for Windows to organize your movies in efficient AI-powered dashboards.
PowerDVD supports streaming content with 4K and 8K resolution, with full support for HDR 10. You can also watch 360-degree videos on supported hardware. This free TV player allows you to convert any video file to MP4 for maximum shareability across various devices.
- Built-in support to cast any video on media streaming devices
- Allows you to digitalize your media files
- Easy-to-use user interface lets you access currently played, recently played, and recently added media from the dashboard
- Customizable thumbnails posted walls, and AI-powered photo management assists you in organizing your media
- M3U Link Support: Yes
Device Compatibility: Windows 10, Windows 11
Supported Video Codecs: ASF, AVI, DAT, DIV, etc.
Supported Audio Formats: MPEG, .WAV, .MID, .WM, and more.
Customer Support: Website and Social Media
Pricing: Lifetime Free Basic Plan
How to use PowerDVD for IPTV?
- To use PowerDVD, first install its Windows app from the official site.
- For setting up IPTV, click on the “Media Library” in the top left corner.
- Select from a wide range of IPTV channels and collections of movies and shows.
Best for Viewing multiple video codecs
The VLC media player is one of the best Windows IPTV players, with support for playing various file formats and codecs. You can use its modules to control and display the output according to your preferences. This free IPTV player provides multiple free encoding and decoding libraries for handling different files and mitigates the need for proprietary plugins.
The VLC player can play media through various sources, including local files, network streams, and IPTV. It can transcode multimedia files, convert media into multiple formats, and more. The libavcodec package from the FFmpeg project and VLC’s built-in muxers and demuxers offer a wide range of supported codecs.
- Robust audio equalization tool allows you to customize audio output parameters based on your preferences
- Supports GPU-accelerated encoding for faster exports and conversions
- You can add watermarks, trim media, and perform various edits using built-in essential video editing tools
- Let you choose from a wide range of SHOUTcast radio channels
- M3U link support: Yes
Device Compatibility: Windows 10, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS.
Supported Video Codecs: MPEG, DivX®, MPEG-4 ASP, XviD, 3ivX D4, etc
Supported Audio Formats: MPEG Layer 1/2, MPEG Layer 3, AAC, Vorbis.
Customer Support: Website and Email
How to use VLC For IPTV?
- Open the VLC media player
- Go to the File menu by “Media” in the top navigation bar
- In the File menu, select “Open Network Stream.”
- Now, choose the preferred protocols option and provide a channel list URL
- In the left panel, find your preferred channel and play it
Best for Installing third-party integrations
Kodi allows you to stream online content via various add-ons. You can watch TV, movies, shows, and live TV, among other things. Kodi’s TV channels library provides full-length episode and season previews with posters/banners, viewed tags, descriptions, etc.
You can personalize it through custom skins to change how it looks, and plug-ins provide users access to streaming media content on websites like YouTube, Crackle, etc. It also offers built-in support for playing various online multiplayer games. You can use Kodi’s giant library to discover and play new games. Kodi also allows you to consume content from HD DVDs, EPGs, PVRs, IPTV, and many other sources.
- Supports live streaming and recording of your favorite TV Channels in real-time.
- Kodi lets you import images into a library and use your remote control to browse the various perspectives, make a slideshow, sort, or filter them all.
- Comprehensive range of third-party addons and repositories customizing your content consumption experience.
- Easily watch any programs by pasting the URL into the software and displaying all the results.
- M3U Link Support: Yes
Device Compatibility: macOS, Linux, Windows, Android, iOS, and Raspberry Pi
Supported Video Codecs: MPEG, H.264, AVC, etc
Supported Audio Formats: CDDA, SVCD, VCD, etc
Customer Support: Website and Forums
Pricing: Lifetime Free
How to Use Kodi for IPTV?
- Download and install the Kodi client for windows
- Based on your preferences, install the addon that provides the content of your choice
- Input the relevant source in Kodi and install the respective repository
- Browse through the wide range of content and watch your preferred channel
Best for Hosting media remotely
Plex TV provides a robust collection of free live TV channels that can be accessed through IPTV anywhere in the world. It can dynamically categorize content based on various metatags like title, artist, album, genre, year, and popularity through various online sources. Its user-friendly interface and broad platform support make it an ideal IPTV player for Windows for managing a personal media server.
You can remotely stream music, photographs, and movies on any compatible device over the internet. It also lets you view live over-the-air broadcasts remotely by connecting a compatible tuner and antenna to your server.
- Supports viewing virtual reality-based content over compatible hardware.
- Plex can organize users’ media libraries’ audio and video content.
- Automatically fetches artwork artist bios, lyrics, etc., from online sources.
- You can share your collection in the form of a media collection.
- M3U Link Support: Yes
Device Compatibility: macOS, Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS
Supported Video Codecs: H.264, MPEG4, AAX, AC3, etc.
Supported Audio Formats: aac, alac, FLAC, mp3, etc
Customer Support: Website and social media
Pricing: Free Basic Plan
How to use Plex for IPTV?
- Download and install Plex for Windows.
- Install a suitable M3U proxy for your device.
- Now, open your Plex IPTV and go to “Live TV & DVR.”
- Click on “Set up PLEX DVR,” now click “View Guide,” and choose from your IPTV provider’s wide range of channels.
Best For Configuring audio/video output
PotPlayer is a powerful all-in-one multimedia IPTV player for Windows that supports playing most of the standard media formats. This free TV player allows you to manually configure pixel shades and adjust image quality to match your requirements. You can watch IPTV videos and listen to audio in different forms with the best possible video and audio quality. You can use its dashboard to switch between hardware and software processing for your device.
PotPlayer provides you with many settings and customization options to personalize your dashboard. It includes support for a wide range of media formats for streaming. You can use it to manage files from local storage, URLs, FTP servers, and Blu-ray, all of which are appropriate for the playback output device of your choice.
- PotPlayer can access and play files from local storage, URLs, etc., as on compatible playback devices
- You can output different audio tracks to different audio devices simultaneously
- Allows you to choose which one to use when you have two sound cards
- PotPlayer’s in-built equalizer lets you improve the quality of your audio files
- M3U Link Support: Yes
Compatibility: Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS
Supported Video Codecs: HEVC, WMA, MP3, AIF, etc
Supported Audio Formats: m4a, ac3, mp3, Ogg, etc
Customer Support: Email
How to use PotPlayer for IPTV?
- Visit the PotPlayer website, install it on your PC, and open it.
- Save the M3U URL of the IPTV you want to stream on your PC.
- Next, click the Browser tab and the M3U playlist file.
- After that, explore all the channels and VOD and play the IPTV channel of your choice.