15 BEST Rabbit Alternatives in Mar 2023
Rabbit, launched in 2014, as a video streaming site that provided a group chat platform. It allows you to browse and watch the same content remotely and enjoy text or video chat. Unfortunately, it was shut down because of funding problems.
Here is a curated list of Top websites that can replace Rabbit. This list includes commercial and open-source tools with popular features and website links.
Best Rabbit alternatives
|Netflix party||Netflix, Hulu, Disney, and HBO.||Yes||Learn More|
|Watch2gether||Amazon, Dailymotion, Vimeo, YouTube, and SoundCloud.||Yes||Learn More|
|Scener||Netflix, Hotstar, HBOmax, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.||Yes||Learn More|
|Kast||Kast TV||Yes||Learn More|
|Twoseven||Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and more||Yes||Learn More|
1) Netflix party
Teleparty, earlier known as Netflix Party, is a modern way to watch TV with your friends online. This rabbit alternative synchronizes video playback and adds a group chat option to Disney, Netflix, and Hulu. Telepathy allows you to stream 1000+ shows together with other people.
- It allows you to create your streaming party with ease.
- You can watch TV remotely with your friends without any hassle.
- You can enjoy HD video quality and fast buffering at all your Tele parties.
- Provides a user-friendly user interface to set up a watch party.
- Allows you to upload screenshots, emojis, and GIFs for even more excitement.
- You can customize your Teleparty by choosing a fun user icon and nickname.
- Supported OTT: Netflix, Hulu, Disney, and HBO.
- Supported platform: Web.
Watch2gether is a strong competitor of Rabbit TV. It enables you to watch content and videos with your friends. It allows you to watch videos, listen to music and do shopping together.
- You don’t have to sign up to create your chat room.
- Provide synchronized player for stream video and audio content.
- You can organize content into playlists.
- Provide GIF support in chat.
- Once you have created the private chat room, you can invite anyone to join in your own chat room.
- Supported OTT: Amazon, Dailymotion, Vimeo, YouTube, and SoundCloud.
- Supported platforms: Web, Android, and iOS.
Scener is a chrome extension that allows you to watch TV shows and watch movies with family or your friend’s group from major streaming platforms like Hotstar and Netflix. It offers an interactive video chat feature for users who want to watch with friends in a private theater.
- Scener is an ideal way to watch shows and movies with your friend and relatives.
- It enables you to chat over audio, video, or text while watching Netflix with other people.
- It allows you to watch the video, audio, and text chat and share videos, and interact in real time.
- Supported OTT: Netflix, Hotstar, HBOmax, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
Kast is a platform to watch a movie with your friends. You can share movies, web-series, TV shows, and whatever you want with more than one hundred people.
- You can host a watch party for 100 or more people.
- Kast software enables you to stream directly from the Cloud.
- Allows you to connect with friends wherever they are.
- Enables you to watch video content from Tubi.
- Supported OTT platforms: Kast. tv.
- Supported platforms: Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS operating systems.
TwoSeven is a chrome extension that enables you to watch videos online with your friends. This program supports and detects videos from a wide range of websites. It automatically reports the supported video clips that you can enjoy with other people.
- You can organize a virtual movie night with your partner, friends, family, or colleague
- Enables you to use your webcam or audio support to see your friends’ reactions in real-time and live chat
- TwoSeven applications can automatically handle video synchronization for you
- This one of the best rabbit alternatives offers a chrome extension that lets you stream a video from any website
- Supported OTT: Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and more
Kosmi is one of the best rabbit alternatives you can use to hang out with your friends virtually for free. You can watch videos together, play games, or simply chat with friends or strangers all from within your browser.
- You can play games or watch videos with friends or relatives without signing up.
- This rabbit alternative enables you to share your browser tab or screen and share whatever is going on there.
- Leverages web technologies such as WebSockets and WebRTC.
- You don’t require installing or even signup.
- It allows you to create a room where you can communicate over a webcam and audio chat support.
Rave is a smartphone mobile app for sharing and enjoying multimedia content with friends. You can invite friends to join the chat and video streaming platforms simultaneously.
- Allows you to play music together
- Text and voice chat
- Sync smartphones into an instant speaker system
- Supported OTT platforms: Vimeo, YouTube, Netflix, Reddit, etc.
- Supported platforms: Android and iOS
Hypebeam (earlier known as Tutturu) is a website that allows you to enjoy movie nights online with your long-distance friends and loved ones. This watch party app provides Web or audio support with a formatted chat message.
- This rabbit alternative to Rabbit provides private rooms and free virtual browsers!
- Create a room, invite your friends, surf the Web together
- Remote passing; browse interactively with your friends!
- You can have a video chat with turutu
- Voice and video calling, gifs, emojis, and more
- Supported platforms: Web, iOS, and Android.
- Supported OTT platforms.
Airtime is one of the best rabbit alternatives that work on smartphones and allows you to watch together. This replacement of Rabbit provides supports up to 10 users in a single room, which should be enough to accommodate all your friends and family members.
- You can also send photos, short video clips, and texts while watching videos.
- Make room for your friends and watch a movie or put on some music in a group.
- You select what you want to show up: video, audio, or chat.
- Create and join live rooms on.
- Supported platforms: iOS, Android, and Web.
Metastream is a strong competitor of Rabbit. It offers brief account creation and a free video streaming subscription. Metastream provides support for major streaming services such as Hulu and Netflix are supported.
- It enables you to invite your friends by sharing your friend code with them.
- This rabbit alternative allows you to browse for your favorite media and add the URL to the queue.
- It offers seamless and uninterrupted playback.
- You can add up to 50 users who can take part in one session.
- Uninterrupted and synchronized live video playback.
- Supported OTT platforms: Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Twitch, Crunchyroll.
The Invited platform has a virtual browser that lets you stream content from any website accessible from the virtual browser provided by the platform.
- You can watch movies, anime, YouTube, or listen to music together through a shared virtual browser!
- Send an invitation to your friends and connect instantly from anywhere.
- Close the distance with low-latency voice and group video chat.
- You can have movie dates, to study sessions with Invited, it is possible.
SyncTube is Rabbit alternatives that allow you to share or watch YouTube videos with your friends and watch them in real-time. It enables you to create a room without prior registration.
- Synchronized player for video and audio
- It allows you to set a password for your room
- Audio and group video chats supported
- You can add play videos and delete them with one click
- Organize content into playlists
- Supported OTT: Twitter, and Discord
TogetherTV offers synchronized playback of video files via a web-based interface. This party website is one of the best rabbit alternatives that allow you to stream content from Netflix, Hulu, and other paid streaming services.
- Offers web-based interface shares a remote desktop screen from your web browsers.
- This rabbit alternative enables you to use audio chat with your friends and family using a microphone.
- Supports voice messaging.
- Streaming from your computer is allowed.
- Provide an option of streaming video content or music files directly from your computer.
- Supported streaming platforms: Four tv, BBC, Turner, Sky, YouTube, etc.
Syncplay is the replacement of Rabbit that allows you to co-play downloaded content on your computer. You can share you to create private chat rooms with your friends and family.
- It supports major media players like Medi Player classic and VLC.
- It allows you to sync media player with multiple people and devices.
- Supported platforms: Windows, macOS, and Linux.
SyncLounge allows you to connect to your Plex library along with creating a private room with your friends and family. These sites like Rabbit allow you to chat with other people when you watch YouTube videos.
- Allows you to chat with members.
- Stream Plex library and watch jointly with your family and friends.
- SyncLounge provides superior synced playback and pass data to multiple people.
- You can connect with Plex library with SyncLounge and create a private room with your friends and family.
- Supported platforms: Mac, Windows, and Linux.
How to use Netflix TeleParty
Step 1) Download the Netflix Teleparty extension.
Visit Chrome Webstore. and download the Netflix chrome extension as shown below.
Step 2) Add Teleparty extension.
You will show the popup when you that click on “Add extension.”
Step 3) Check TP icon in your browser.
You can now see a “TP” icon in the extension bar.
Step 4) Sign into your Netflix account.
Visit the Netflix website, add login credentials, and click on sign in button.
Select your favorite content like movies, web series, TV shows, or anime you like to watch with your friends.
The following screenshot shows a selection of FRIENDS web series.
Netflix automatically stores the cookie. This will save you time in entering the credential every time you log in.
Step 5) Starting watch party.
1. Click on the “TP” icon located at the upper right corner of your chrome browser.
2. Click on the “Start the Party” button available in the drop-down menu.
If you select “Only I Have Control” option. You will be the first person in the chat to control the video.
Netflix Party will generate a unique URL of your chatroom. You just need to copy it and share it with your friends on any messaging platform. If you do not like to enable the chat feature, simply uncheck the “Show Chat” check box.
The video will immediately start playing when your friends click on the link.
You will see a chatroom at the right corner of the Netflix site. You can now start chatting by typing your message in the message area left corner of your screen.
Step 6) Changing profile.
1. Enter your nickname.
2. Next, click on “Save Changes” button.
Step 7) Go back to step 4.
Next, click on the “Disconnect” button to close the Netflix watch party.
❓ What Is Rabbit?
Rabbit was a video streaming site that provided a group chat feature and live video chat option while watching movies or shows. It allows you to browse and watch the same content remotely and enjoy text or group video calls.
✔️ What are the Best Rabbit Alternatives?
Following are the Best Rabbit Alternatives:
- Tele Party
🚀 Why Did Rabbit Shut Down?
Rabbit was shut down because the platform is now focused on supporting enterprise customers with its existing product line.
This company believes that its legacy products are still relevant for smaller businesses and startups. Moreover, they also but that it would be best to focus on those who want to build their private networks or integrate into an existing one.
🏅 Is Rabbit a Safe Website?
Rabbit was a platform that provided video streaming, live chat options for its users. It was a completely legitimate site that had to be closed because of funding problems of its owner, not because of any piracy accusations or legal issues of any kind. When it was functional, it was totally safe.
⚡ Did Kast Buy Rabbit?
Rabbit was one of the most famous watch party’s platforms that you could use to share live videos and watch them remotely at the same time. However, because of a lack of funds, this site had to be closed in 2019. The intellectual property of this platform, along with software and patents, was taken over by Kast.