1) Mention what is SAP?
SAP stands for System Applications and Products. It provides customer the ability to communicate with common corporate databases for a comprehensive range of applications. It makes the business process work efficiently.
2) Mention what is SAP Testing?
3) Mention what are the types of testing is done for SAP?
Types of SAP testing are,
- Unit testing
- Functional and Regression testing
- UAT testing
- Integration testing and so on.
4) Mention how to create an effective SAP Test case?
- Determine SAP role required to execute the test case
- Identify the SAP transaction that needs to be executed for the test case
- Test Data requires executing the test case. Determine whether the data needs to be created or whether it is used by another tester or whether the data is locked & cannot be modified
- Is there any pre-requisites required
- Create negative as well as positive scenarios
- Create detailed Test Steps
- Test coverage should be robust
- Document defects in a timely manner as soon as they are discovered
5) Mention tools useful for SAP Testing?
Tools useful for SAP Testing include,
- QTP ( Quick Test Professional Tool)
- SAP TAO
6) Why choosing a right strategy is more important than choosing a tool for SAP Testing?
Choosing right strategy is important for SAP Testing because,
- SAP is a humungous system with endless variations. It's neither feasible nor cost-effective to check all possible variations and combinations of test parameter inputs in SAP system.
- A Tester needs to adopt strategies to reduce the number of test cases without sacrificing coverage.
- Examples of such strategies include,
- Boundary value analysis,
- Equivalence partitioning & orthogonal array.
7) Mention what are the benefits for SAP applications?
Benefits for SAP applications are,
- Improved test coverage
- Better product quality and less production outages
- Workload decreases with each release cycle
8) Mention what are the challenges faced during SAP Testing?
During SAP Testing challenges faced are,
- Valid combination of test data required for testing
- All the critical interfaces should be determined, and their connectivity should be established with corresponding test systems
- To recognize the business processes which are suitable for test automation
- Identify negative testing conditions
- Mention how does the system design trace back to all captured requirements and the number of test cases
- Identify Regression scenarios/test cases and build Regression test suite that requires during each release
- Managing output and input data to complete the scenarios OTC, P2P, etc.
- Design robust Automation Framework that should be maintainable and scalable
9) Mention what are the points to be considered while performing SAP Interface Testing?
While performing SAP Interface Testing remember following points,
- What is the objective of using SAP Interface and what business scenarios are processed by the interface?
- Verify the interface is processing all business scenarios accurately as per the test strategy
- Best practice to perform Interface testing is to begin with Unit testing
- Verify if the outbound interface is alright, which means that it ensures to perform file meeting specifications in terms of layout, etc.
- Verify if the inbound interface is alright. Check if it is reading the file correctly and if it is performing the correct steps in the target system.
10) Mention what are the types of work processes in SAP?
In SAP, types of work processes include are
11) Mention what is the difference between kernels, support packages & SAP Note?
The difference between kernels, support packages & SAP Note is,
- Snote: By implementing a SAP Note an error in a single program or Transaction is removed.
- Support Package: All known errors are corrected by applying SAP Support Package
- SAP Kernel: It is the core of the application. When a Kernel is upgraded, it means an older versions of the various EXE files get replaced.
12) Mention what is ECATT?
ECATT is used to execute and create functional tests for SAP. It is an inbuilt tool that comes bundled with SAP with a primary objective of automated testing of SAP business processes.
13) Mention what are the useful features of ECATT?
Useful features of ECATT are,
- Test transactions, scenarios, and reports
- Test remote systems
- Call BAPIs and function modules
- Check Authorizations (user profiles)
- Test updates
- Test the effect of changes to customize settings
- Check system messages
14) Mention what is the difference between developer trace, System trace, and System log?
The difference between developer trace, System trace, and System log
- System Trace: It is used when you want to record the internal SAP system activities
- Developer Trace: It contains technical information for use in the event of issues with your system. Using the entries in the developer traces requires sound knowledge of the host systems in which your SAP system is running
- System Log: You can use the log to highlight and rectify errors occurred in your system and its environment.
15) Mention what is Screen flow logic in SAP Testing?
Screen flow logic in SAP Testing is like an ABAP code. It is used to contain the processing blocks. It consists of procedural part of the screen and is created in screen painter. Screen painter is like an ABAP editor.
16) Mention what is the use of Process Flow Analyzer in SAP TAO?
In SAP TAO, Process Flow Analyzer is used to find out automatically the user interfaces used in transaction codes executed in a SAP system.
17) Mention what is SAP Cutover Testing?
SAP Cutover Testing is usually performed once in a project lifecycle. In this phase, a full-scale execution of all tasks is involved to retrieve data from legacy systems and then to implement any kind of data conversion, load the results into the SAP system and fully validate the results, including a user sign-off.
18) Mention what should be the approach for writing a BDC program?
For writing a BDC program, convert the legacy system data into a flat file. Then convert the flat file into an internal table. Transfer the flat file into sap system called "sap data transfer." Then call transaction or create sessions.