SAP PP process is related to production planning of a company and it encompasses all activities like MRP (Material Requirement Planning), BOM (Bills Of Material), Routing, Capacity planning, etc. but mainly it contains two segments
- Material Planning: Material requirements planning, long term planning,
- Execution Planning: Creation of production order, workflow, conformations, technical completion and good movement
2) Mention what are the production process in SAP?
There are three types of production process in SAP
- Discrete Manufacturing
- Repetitive Manufacturing
- Production- Process Industries
3) List out the activities carried out in Production Planning?
Activities involved in Production Planning includes
- Processing material master
- Creation of Bill of Material
- Displaying work center and routing
- Maintaining planning calendar
- Maintaining production lot
- Maintaining quota file
- Defining range of coverage profile and profile for safety time
- Defining MRP views
4) Explain what is Routing in SAP PP?
Routing in SAP PP is referred to a list of activities which are required to produce any material. For example, when you do cost estimation for the material, the system triggers the relevant routing and activity rates for all those described in routing. Which will helpful to calculate the processing cost in product costing.
5) What are the steps of Production Execution Process?
Production Execution steps include
- Converting planned order to production order
- Releasing the production order
- Goods issue for production order
- Confirmation of production order
- Goods receipt against production order
6) What are the reports generated in product cost controlling information system?
Product Cost Controlling information system generates information for following areas
- Product cost planning
- Cost object controlling with the subcomponents
- Product cost by period
- Product cost by order
- Product cost by sales order
- Costs for intangible goods and services
- Actual costing / Material Ledger
7) Explain what is “work center” in SAP PP and what is the use of Data in Work Centers?
“Work Centers” are business objects in SAP-PP that is used in task list operations ( routings, maintenance task lists, inspection plans) and work orders.Data in work center is used for
- Scheduling: Formulas and operating time are entered, so that the duration of an operation can be calculated
- Costing: Formulas are entered so that the costs of an operation can be calculated
- Capacity Planning: The available capacity and formulas for capacity requirements is entered
- Simplifying operation maintenance: Various default values can be included in the work center
8) What is the use of MRP PP evaluations?
This role contains a function for evaluating the MRP result. This function can be used to find information about the availability of material and to identify any material shortage situation.
9) Mention what is the purpose of using Capacity Planning?
Capacity Planning supports planning in all phases
- Long term rough cut planning
- Medium term planning
- Short term planning
It can be integrated with various SAP applications like SAP-SD, PP, PP-SOP, PP-LTP, PP-SFC, etc.
10) Explain how can you create production order without routing and BOM?
Without BOM and routing you can create a production order by changing the config in OPL8 ( order type dependent parameters) as routing optional. When we try to create an order using C001 it may ask for a sales order.
11) Explain what happens to planned after it has been converted into production order?
When planned order is converted to the production order, the planned order are offset by production order. The planned order reference can be seen in the production order.
12) Mention what is the difference between stock transport order and stock transfer order?
- Stock transfer order: It is referred to the transfer of stock for the usage in the same company
- Stock transport order: It is referred to the change of title of stock in the name of the buyer
13) Explain what is PRT (Production Resource Tools) in SAP PP?
PRT (Production Resource Tools) are moveable operating objects used to perform repeated activities in plant or production maintenance, for example, documents such as drawings or programs for which document management functions are used. Various other PRT components include
- Engineering drawings
- Measurement Instruments
14) Explain how to create PRT master records?
To create PRT master records you have to follow the following steps
- Choose logistics/Accounting -> Project System -> Basic data -> Master data -> Production resources and tools -> Create
- The initial screen for creating a PRT appears
- Enter a number for the PRT and choose continue
- The basic data screen appears
- Maintain the basic data
- Choose Goto -> Defaults and enter the default values
- Save the PRT
15) Mention what is the t-code for changing production order and to display production order?
T-code to change the production order = C002
T-code to display the production order = C003
16) Explain what is PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) in SAP PP and what is the use?
It is a collection of solutions with which you digitally create, maintain and make product information, available in the whole company and for the entire life cycle of the product.
PLM provides you the function with which you do following things
- The workplace is an open portal in the world wide web and allows you to access all application and information that you need to work with all external and internal business partners
- It can link with other internet applications like program management, change and configuration management and engineering collaboration.
17) In SAP-PP what are the costing parameters?
In SAP-PP, the costing parameters are as below
- Work Center: Activity types and the formulas, cost center
- Routing: The time, activity types
18) In cost controlling information system mention the fields that are listed in the list screen of the report?
Following fields are listed in the list screen of the report
- Key Figures
- Basic data
- Cost component group 1/ Cost component group 2
- CostCompGr(fix)1 / CostCompGr( fix)2
19) Explain what is the use of SAP Material View and list out other parameters where SAP Material View is applicable?
SAP Material View is an SAP object that not only hold name of the material, but various other information related to material like
- Material production related information
- Material planning related information
- Material sales related information
- Material purchase related information
- Material storage and warehousing related information
- Material costing and Accounting related information
- Material batch specification information
20) Mention what are the types of Master Views for Production and Planning?
For production and planning types of Master Views are
- SAP MRP1 View
- SAP MRP2 View
- SAP MRP3 View
- SAP MRP4 View
- SAP Work Scheduling View
21) Mention how MRP (Material Requirement Planning) types are classified?
MRP types are classified in two leagues
- Materials for consumption based planning
- Planning based on demand
22) Mention what are the keyfields found in MRP View 1?
MRP views 1 are mostly maintained for production purposes.
- General Data
- MRP Procedure
- Lot size data
23) List out the basic procedure for dispatching operations in capacity leveling?;
For dispatch operations basic procedure includes
- Either the user determines the date of dispatch or else it is specified by scheduling
- A dispatching sequence needs to be determined if several operations need to be dispatched
- The systems checks for
- The dates to which operations are to be dispatched
- The work center to which operations are to be dispatched
- Finite scheduling is performed
- Operation check is performed
- Status for the operation is set as “dispatched.”
- System carries out midpoint scheduling
24) Explain what is the need of MRP list if the stock requirement list is already given?
MRP list displays the result of the last planning run, changes that occurred between planning runs are ignored in the MRP list. While contrary to this, in the stock or requirement list all changes that occurred in the stock, issues and receipts are displayed by the system.
25) Mention what are the t-codes for creating, changing and summarizing BOM?
BOM transaction codes for
- Creating BOM= CS01
- Changing BOM= CS02
- Summarized BOM=CS13
26) Mention what is the use of t-code CS20 in BOM?
With t-code CS20 you can do Mass changes to BOM like
- Change the item data
- Creating new material
- Replacing it with another material