What is Test Harness?
Test harness enables the automation of tests. It refers to the system test drivers and other supporting tools that requires to execute tests. It provides stubs and drivers which are small programs that interact with the software under test.
Test harness execute tests, by using a test library and generates a report. It requires that your test scripts are designed to handle different test scenarios and test data.
- Automate the testing process
- Execute test suites of test cases
- Generate associated test reports
- Support for debugging
- To record the test results for each one of the tests
- Helps the developers to measure code coverage at code level
- Increase the productivity of the system thorough automation
- Enhance the quality of software components and application
- To handle the complex condition that testers are finding difficult to simulate
There are two context where Test Harness is used
- Automation testing: It contains the test scripts, parameters necessary to run these scripts and gather results to analyze it
- Integration testing: It is used to put together two units of code or module that interact with each other to check whether or not the combined behavior is as expected or not
Test Harness Tools