- What is Python?
- Features of Python
- Application of Python
- Advantages of Python
- Disadvantages of Python
Python is a high-level object-oriented programming language. It has built-in data structures, combined with dynamic binding and typing, which makes it an ideal choice for rapid application development.
- It’s a cross-platform language
- It’s widely used for client-side and server-side
- Strong Testing Workflow
- It’s easy to learn and to start coding with
- Offers added dependencies
Here are the important features of Python:
- Easy to learn, read, and maintain
- It can run on various hardware platforms & using the same interface.
- You can include low-level modules to the Python interpreter.
- Python offers an ideal structure and support for large programs.
- Python offers support for automatic garbage collection.
- It supports an interactive mode of testing and debugging.
- It offers high-level dynamic data types and also supports dynamic type checking.
- Python language can be integrated with Java, C, and C++ programming code
- Easy concurrency support via goroutines
- Fast compilation times
- Statically linked binaries which are simple to deploy
|TOBIE rating is 7||TOBIE rating is 3|
- It allows you to build secure and scalable applications.
- Dynamic Single-Page Applications (SPAs)
- Server-Side technologies like MongoDB, Node.js, and Express.js are based on Java Script.
- It also uses for mobile app development using React, PhoneGap, etc.
Here are the important applications of Python:
- Language for AI, Machine learning and Deep learning
- Rapid prototyping web scripting
- Ad hoc programming
- Scientific applications
- XML processing
- Database applications
- Used for GUI applications
- It is an open-source project
- Specially designed tool for small scripts
- Supports classes, interfaces, & modules.
- Allows cross-compilation
- It provides immediate feedback to the visitors
- It allows you to create interfaces that react when the user hovers using the mouse.
Here are the pros/benefits of using Python language:
- Python is a powerful object-oriented programming language.
- Uses an elegant syntax, making the program you write easier to read.
- Python comes with a large standard library, so it supports many common programming tasks.
- Runs on various types of computers and operating systems: Windows, macOS, Unix, OS/2,etc.
- Very simple syntax compared to Java, C, and C++ languages.
- Extensive library and handy tools for developers
- Python has its auto-installed shell
- Compared with the code of other languages, python code is easy to write and debug. Therefore, its source code is relatively easy to maintain.
- Python is a portable language so that it can run on a wide variety of operating systems and platforms.
- Python comes with many prebuilt libraries, which makes your development task easy.
- Python helps you to make complex programming simpler. As it internally deals with memory addresses, garbage collection.
- Python provides an interactive shell that helps you to test the things before its actual implementation.
- Python offers database interfaces to all major commercial DBMS systems.
Here are the cons/drawbacks of using Python language:
- Used in fewer platforms.
- Weak in mobile computing, hence not used in app development
- As Python is dynamic, so it shows more errors at run-time.
- The under-developed and primitive database access layer
- Absence of commercial support
- People who want to learn machine learning, data science, and neural networks should consider learning Python