1) Explain what is the difference between Web testing and WAP testing?
- WAP Testing: It is the testing the WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) used in network applications
- Web Testing: It is related mainly to the testing of web applications such as websites and portals
2) List out some of the automated mobile testing tools?
For mobile testing, two kinds of automation tools are available to test mobile apps
- Object based mobile testing tools: Jama solution, Ranorex,
- Image based mobile testing tools: RoutinBot, Egg Plant, Sikuli
3) Explain what is the difference between simulator and emulator?
- Simulator: It is an electronic network simulation equipment or a base station equipment for CDMA/CMA mobile phones. It helps in latching home networks without roaming services and can make Voice; Data calls, SMS,
- Emulator: It is a software to test mobile application without a live handset
4) List out the types of mobile app testing?
The types of mobile app testing includes
- Usability testing
- Compatibility testing
- Interface testing
- Services testing
- Low-level resource testing
- Performance testing
- Operational testing
- Installation tests
- Security testing
5) Mention what is the Android testing strategy?
The standard Android testing strategy must include the following test
- Unit Test
- Integration Test
- Operation Test
- System Test
6) Explain Android testing framework?
Android testing framework includes three segments
- Application Package: It is the target application that requires to be tested
- Instrumentation TestRunner: It is a test case runner that runs test cases on target application. It includes an SDK tools for building test and a tool that provides APIs for writing program that control an android device, for example, MonkeyRunner
- Test Package: It includes two classes, Test case classes, and Mock objects. Test case classes include test methods to perform on target application, while mock object includes mock data that will be used as sample input for test cases.
7) List out the best practices for Android Testing?
- Developer should prepare the test cases at the same time when they are writing the code
- Together with source code all test cases should be stored
- Use continuous integration and execute tests every time the code is changed
- Avoid using rooted devices and emulators
8) Mention what are the common bugs found while mobile testing?
- Critical: Your phone system crash when testing particular feature in your device
- Block: Unable to do anything though phone is on unless you reboot your device
- Major: Unable to perform a function of a particular feature
- Minor: Under minor bugs usually GUI bugs fall.
9) Explain what is Robo-electric testing framework?
Testing done on Android Testing Framework for emulators or device is difficult. Running and building test case sometimes takes lots of development effort. Robo-electric framework allows you to run Android test directly on JVM without the need of a device or an emulator.
10) Explain how A/B testing is done for ios app?
A/B testing for ios includes three steps
- Configure a test: It prepares two versions of your iOS app (A&B) and test metric
- Test: Tests two iOS versions above on devices simultaneously
- Analyze: It select and measure better version to release
11) While performing end to end mobile testing what are the major criteria, you have to take in consideration?
- Application launching without having network
- Uninstallation of app
- Orientation of app if it supports
- Testing application performance on a different kind of devices and network scenarios
- Testing the application response how it is responding
12) List out the features does monkey tool provides?
Monkey tools provide features like
- Basic configuration options
- Operational constraints
- Event types and frequencies
- Debugging options
13) Mention what should be the selecting criteria for Test Automation Tool for mobile Testing?
For mobile testing, the test automation tool should have following criteria
- Multi-platform support: Ensure that the tool does support your current and future target platform
- Script Usability: Object-based tools provides a high degree of the script usability
- Jailbreak Requirement: If the tool uses rooted devices, it may not support latest OS version and may be incompatible with MDM policies
- Source Code Changes: Sharing source code may not be possible always
- Lead time for New OS version: How soon tool can support new iOS/android/other OS version
14) When to choose automation testing and when manual testing?
- If the application has new functionality
- If the application requires testing once or twice
- If the regression tests are repeated
- Testing app for complex scenarios
15) List out the most common problem that tester faces while doing mobile testing in Cloud Computing?
Challenges that tester faces while doing mobile testing are
- Subscription model
- High Costing
- Internet connectivity issues
- Automation is image based and time-consuming
- Automation cannot be used outside the framework
16) Explain what does mobile security testing includes?
Mobile security testing includes
- Checks for multi-user support without interfering with the data between them
- Checks for access to files stored in the app by any unintended users
- Decryption or Encryption method used for sensitive data communication
- Detect sensitive areas in tested application so that they do not receive any malicious content
17) List out mobile App testing?
- Testing in all web browsers
- Browsers very significantly across the devices
- May support xHTML,HTML,WML,AJAX
- Difficulty in Benchmarking the performance due to highly fragmented Market
- Emulators do not capture all the attributes or characteristics of a device
- Implementation of the specification may not be consistent across vendors and devices
- In some situation, transcoder may not respect user experience factors
18) Explain what is port testing?
This testing is done to test the same functionality on different devices with different platforms. It is classified into two categories
- Device Testing
- Platform Testing
19) List out some iPhone and iPad testing tools?
- iPhone tester: Test your web interface in an i-phone sized frame
- Appium: It is a test automation tool used with native and hybrid ios application
- iPad Peek: Test your web application using an iPad interface
- Test Studio: It enables you to record, build and run automated tests for your iPad and iPhone applications.
20) Explain how you can install SD card in emulator?
To install SD card in emulator, you have to use the command
MKsdcrd –I mySDCard 1024M mySdCardFile.img