Business email addresses use the domain name of your company instead of a generic yahoo account or Gmail account, for example,
Most owners, while commencing their business use free email accounts with no custom domain name, which does not look professional. For example:
Since anyone can create these types of email accounts, it becomes difficult for other small businesses and customers to trust such email addresses as legitimate mail accounts.
Here are the important reasons for using the business email address:
- It is a custom business email address and thereby is more professional.
- Business email address is short and can be remembered easily.
- You can ensure that every email you send has a standard format and therefore maintain consistency.
- Sending emails with a business name enables you to promote your brand.
- Professional email addresses are less unlikely to be marked as spam by customers.
How to Make a Free Business Email Address Using Google Workspace
Step 1) Go to this link. To start off, it is recommended that you choose the smallest plan. It is easy to upgrade the plan later based upon your usage needs.
Click on “Get started” button. The per month fee is $6 per user.
Step 2) Google Workspace will ask you the basic information about your company. The most important field in this section is the country of your business location, which cannot be changed later.
To begin with, in the number of employee section, you can choose “Just you”.
Step 3) Since you are creating Google Workspace account for the first time, an administration must be assigned to your business email domain. This information can be changed later.
- Enter your name.
- Enter any current email address. This cloud be a free email address like Gmail, Yahoo, etc.
Step 4) You have an option to use an existing professional domain name. In this guide, we will register a new domain with Google.
In the next screen, click on “NO I NEED ONE” button.
Step 5) Google Workspace allows you to search your desired custom email domain.
- Enter Domain name of your choice.
- Click on Search button to check availability.
Many a times, your desired domain may not be available. Google Workspace will display alternative domains that can be booked. You can also use domain name generator tools to come up with unique domain name ideas.
Once you have confirmed the availability of the domain, click on “Next” button. The domains are privacy protected.
Step 6) Google Workspace will ask you the physical location of your business. As the owner of a new business, if you do not have an office space, you can enter your home address. It is also ok to enter the address of your rented premises as this information can be changed later.
In the next screen,
- Enter Street address.
- Enter City name.
- Enter State name.
- Enter Zipcode.
- Click on “Next” button.
Step 7) This page will ask you to set the email alias you want to use for your custom domain email. This cannot be changed later. Please take your time to decide on a professional email address. Usually, as a business owner, the email username is your first name.
- Set desired Username.
- Set Password.
Step 8) Next, you will be asked to enter your credit card information. Your card only be charged for the domain name registration. The monthly fee of Google Workspace will be charged after 14 days trial.
- Enter your Credit Card Information
- You have the option to select GoDaddy, Enom, Google Domains to register your custom email domain. We recommend GoDaddy.
- Review all the information shown on the screen and click Next.
Step 9) Finally, Google will take you to the admin console panel. You can manage all your Google Workspace activities from this control panel.
Step 10) Google Workspace will take up till one hour to set up your email account.After that time, you can simply navigate to Gmail.com and use the email ID and password created in step 8 to write emails.
Bluehost is one of the leading web hosting providers. It offers a wide range of plans and is an excellent choice for making professional business email. Like other web hosting providers, Bluehost offers free email domain that can be easily personalized.
Following are the steps to make a free domain email address for business using Bluehost.
Step 1) Goto this link and select the basic plan.
Starting out we recommend to subscribe to the basic plan. This plan includes 5 email addresses even though it’s not mentioned in the pricing table. Please do not get confused with the Microsoft office email that BlueHost is advertising. It is the premium service, and you can switch to MS email once your business picks up. Bluehost will assist you for email migration.
Step 2) You can host your existing domain at Bluehost. If not already registered,Bluehost allows you to search your desired custom free email domain.
- Enter domain name of your choice.
- Click on “Next” button to check availability.
Many a times, your desired domain may not be available. You can use domain name generator tools to come up with unique domain name ideas.
Step 3) Enter your business information.
- Enter personal information.
- Enter any current email address. This could be a free email address like Gmail, Yahoo, etc.
It is important that you select a 12-month plan. By default, 36 months is selected. There is no harm in selecting 36 months, but initially, it’s a good practice to keep things agile and minimize cost.
Uncheck the following checkboxes:
- Domain Privacy + Protection
- Codegaurd Basic
- SiteLock Security Essential
Enter the payment information and click on the submit button.
Step 5) Click on Create your account button.
Create your password for login, agree to T&C, and click on the Create Account button.
Step 6) Create your Business Email.
At the Bluehost login link, Enter domain name and password, then click on Log In button
Perform the following steps to create your email:
- Go to Advanced and click on the Email Accounts link and Click Create.
- Enter the desired username. Choose the prefix you have to use with your new business email, the part before @. You can also use underscore (_) and period (.). If you have more than one Bluehost domain, you need to use a drop-down menu to select the account.
- Go down the page. You need to create a password. You can either use your own password or ask Bluehost to generate a new one for you.
- At the bottom of the page, Bluehost will ask you to determine the mailbox size and webmail client. It is general advice to keep default settings. Click on Create button.
- Mailbox is created! Click on check mail. You can use Roundcube, Squirrel, or Horde to access the mailboxes. Don’t be scared. They are simply front-end to access the contents of your mailbox. You can ignore the technical details and just choose Roundcude (best amongst the three) and move ahead.
Step 7) Write and send a test mail to newly created business email.
Go to business email inbox to check the mail.
Tip: You can create unlimited number of email accounts using the same process above for all employees of your organization. You should pick business names that are very easy to remember like:
firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Moreover, you can set up additional security options like SpamAssassin to catch spam in your mail account and prevent future data breaches.
❓ Can I use mobile email apps and desktop with a custom email address?
Yes, you can use a custom business email address with any mobile email apps or desktop. Many apps can automatically figure out mail settings.
⚡ Can I switch my free business email account to another provider if needed?
Yes, you need to first setup a professional email account using the steps mentioned above. Then you can use email forwarding to auto-forward any incoming emails to your Gmail, Yahoo, or other free email accounts to your newly created custom domain email address.
You can then use the new business email to correspond with clients while ensuring that any messages to your old email account are also received in the new account.
🏅 How to select a business email provider?
Here are the top selection criteria’s to check when you select any email provider:
- Reputation: Your business email service provider should have a good reputation. A business email address is one of the first aspects that your clients see.
- Archive Capabilities: Good business email providers enable you to save, store, archive, and search your messages.
- Security: You should look for strong security measures while choosing a business email provider. It helps you to keep your message safe and protects from unauthorized access to email account.
- Integration: Some email services work fine with other business tools like productivity suites and calendars. If your business depends on such tools, you should go for the email package that integrates them.
- Spam Filter: Spam messages waste your time, and you do not want to read them. Thereby, you need email service having a system to detect and filter out spam messages.
- Reliability: Your business email service provider should be running when you actually need it. The downtime of Email can result in unhappy or lost customers.
- Storage: Storage is one of the important aspects When selecting an email service provider. It would help if you kept in mind that the amount of enough storage space included with your account.
- Ease of Use: Your staff member needs to create and use email account as your business grows. You have to look for the email service provider, which is easy to use, so it reduces staff training time.
- Advanced Features: Advanced features like the ability to schedule tasks or recall messages depending on your unique business need.
🚀 Is it possible to create a free business email address without developing any website?
Yes, you can create a free email address without developing any website. However, you will still have to pay for domain name registration. Domain name registration and email hosting service come free with a web hosting package. You need to sign up on the website of the hosting service provider, and then simply create your free domain email.
❗ What is the storage space of email?
Email storage space is the total amount of data, in megabytes, that your email messages occupy on the server. Each character written in your email message is equal to one byte of space. The size of your email attachments like PDF, images, slides, etc. are also included while calculating the storage space used.
All professional email providers have a fixed storage space that they allocate to each email account. Once this limit is breached, all incoming emails will bounce. Also, you will not be able to send any new emails. Hence, it is important to monitor the current storage space consumed by your email account to prevent the loss of important incoming client emails.
👉 What admin features are supported by Google Workspace?
The admin features supported by Google Workspace are:
- It allows you to add new users.
- Update user details in bulk.
- Reset password.
- Rename user.
- Add any user to a group.
- Download user details.
- You can suspend the user.
- It allows admin to restore data.
- Delete user.
- Change the organization unit.
⚡ What are SPF, DKIM, and DMARC records?
- SPF (Sender Policy Framework) is a protocol for validating email, which is designed to find and block email spoofing.
- DKIM (Domain Keys Identified Mail) is a method for authenticating email. It enables a receiver to know that email was sent and authorized by the domain author.
- DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance) is a protocol for email authentication. It is specifically designed to give email owners the ability to safeguard their domain from unauthorized use. It is important set SPF, DKIM, and DMARC for your email accounts to avoid spoofing and spam.
❓ Can you create a free business email without domain registration?
No, you cannot create a free business email without domain registration. If you don’t want to register a domain, you can create a free account with Yahoo and Gmail. It will not have your business name. Therefore, it can’t be considered as a business email address by other businesses and customers.
💻 How to find an available domain name?
Ideally, your domain name is your business name with the domain name extension .com. Though, it can be hard to get the desired domain name as a majority of common names are already taken. You can try prefixes or suffixes or adding keywords to your business name in order to find an alternate domain name that is available.
👉 Do you need to get a .com domain?
The .com domain extension is the most common choice among businesses. However, due to vast popularity, it is hard to find available .com domain. You can other domain extensions like .co, .org, which are well suited for business use.
⚡ How can you achieve a subject line which is spam-free?
You can achieve a subject line which is spam free by considering the following points:
- Avoid overused words.
- Include localization/personalization when possible, for example, first name, city, etc.
- Write a short subject line below 50 characters.
- Avoid exclamation marks, all caps, and other special characters like @, #, and %.
🏅 What is a good way to structure a professional email signature?
Your email structure includes the basic elements like first and last name, title, email address, phone number, company, and a link to your website.
💻 Which is better: Google Workspace or Microsoft Office 365?
The answer to this question depends on your unique choice and preferences. However, if your business is looking to find the best value and the user-friendly tools, the Google Workspace is a better option for you.
❗ Is Gmail good for business?
Gmail is a very known email service for businesses. The domain name and business email come packed with a range of features. It has built-in security, which protects you and your inbox. It offers collaboration and productivity tools such as Google Sheets, Slides, Docs, and more.
🌟 What is the difference between Gmail and Google Workspace?
Here is the difference between Gmail and Google Workspace:
|It is designed for personal use.||It is designed for business.|
|Gmail access right is owned by a user who has the password.||Google Workspace access right is owned by a business administrator.|
|You need user permission when requesting for individual resources.||It has default rights.|
|Loss of access to services and data requires rebuild.||The data can be easily saved and transferred, the service can be continued to be accessed.|
🚀 What are MX records?
MX (Mail Exchange) records are DNS records which are needed for delivering email to your address. It is used to know which email servers accept incoming mails for your domain name and where they should route to.
❓ What is email marketing?
Email marketing is a digital marketing strategy of sending a commercial message to a group of people using email. It provides higher conversion rates as a business is targeting the people who already have an interest in their brand.