GoDaddy is the world’s largest domain-name registrar with an extensive range of products and services. Their services include hosting, website management, email hosting, DNS management, and more. It has helped millions of companies to become more successful online.
GoDaddy Email is a hosting email service that can send and receive emails with a custom domain. With GoDaddy Email, you will be able to access your emails on the go with iOS and Android apps. GoDaddy Email helps you set up a professional email account very easily. With the GoDaddy Email Essentials plan, for example, you can create email accounts based on your domain name (Example: firstname.lastname@example.org) and synchronize your contacts across mobile devices.
In this tutorial, you will learn:
- Why Choose GoDaddy Email?
- Types of Emails Provided by GoDaddy
- How to Setup Your GoDaddy Email on Your Desktop?
- Part 1) Purchase Godaddy Email
- Part 2) Configure the Email 12
- Part 3) Compose and send an email using GoDaddy Webmail
- How to Set up GoDaddy Email on Mobile
- How to use GoDaddy Email on Desktop with MS Outlook?
GoDaddy email is a managed email service. It means that GoDaddy will take care of your domain name and emails for you while you can focus on running your business.
Here are some most prominent reasons for selecting GoDaddy Email:
- They offer free SSL certificates that make it harder for hackers to steal your information.
- You can access more than 150+ hosting solutions, including Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Rackspace Cloud Servers, and Digital Ocean.
- They provide free malware scanning, which helps prevent spam and viruses from spreading throughout the network.
- Go Daddy’s SMTP server is highly secure, so there is no worry about data leaks or security breaches.
- It offers a wide range of services, including web hosting, email hosting, and domain registration.
- The language used in the email setup is easily comprehendible by the audience of all ethnicities, ages, and locations.
- The benefit of using a GoDaddy email account is that it can be easily synced with all your devices, like your Laptop, PC, iPad, Android, etc. It makes responding to emails very quick and easy.
Here are essential types of professional email plans provided by GoDaddy:
This is a starting-level professional email plan offered by GoDaddy. It helps you build your brand and show the world you mean business with a domain like email@example.com.
Professional Email with Microsoft 365:
With this GoDaddy plan, you will get professional Email and all the benefits of Microsoft 365 products like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Additionally, you will get 50 GB of cloud storage free.
The GoDaddy email setup has been designed so that a user of any age and background can easily create their professional email address by following the simple instructions given on the page.
GoDaddy’s email interface is called the My Workspace
Step 1) Go to GoDaddy Website
And select the get started button.
Step 2) Sign Into your Go Daddy Professional Account.
Under Registered Users, select Sign In.
Step 3) Select your professional email plan.
In this, we have selected a 1-month plan.
Step 4) Enter Payment details.
Enter your credit cards details like card number, expiry date, security code, etc.
Step 5) Enter your billing details.
Enter billing details like Country, First Name, Last Name, Phone number, Address, Zipcode, etc.
Step 6) Once the entire payment formality is completed, create an account.
Here, we have selected Continue with Google option.
Step 7) Enter the name of your Email id.
Select the desired name of your email address.
Email configuration is a 6-step process.
Step 1) Select Your Domain
To create a new GoDaddy custom email account.
Step 2) Enter your details.
- Enter your desired email alias
- Enter the First and Last Name that will be displayed for the newly created Email
- Enter a strong password
- Enter Send account info to Email. This is the email address where email configuration is sent.
- Click on the Continue button
Step 3) Verify Domain Ownership & Update Mail Server
In the next step, you will be asked to verify whether you own the domain in question. You will then need to set a TXT record in your DNS host.
However, if you have purchased your domain from GoDaddy, this step will be automatically skipped. If not, you can always take the help of GoDaddy Support for this.
Step 4) Configure the MX records.
This step is quite challenging. To complete this step, you can take the help of Godaddy support. You need to configure the following records in your DNS and Click Check My Settings.
Propagation of DNS change can take up to 24 hours to propagate, so you may have to wait.
For reference, this is how the setting looks in our DNS arrangement.
Step 5) Once the propagation process is complete and records are updated, you will see the following message.
Step 1) In GoDaddy Webmail Application
Click the Sign in to email option.
Step 2) Select and set your time zone.
As a first-time user, you will be asked to select your time zone.
Step 3) Compose a professional email.
Click Compose option.
Note: You will see a warning “Your DNS records were recently updated, which can affect the ability to send and receive emails. You need to wait 48 hours for these changes to go into effect.” You may ignore it.
Step 4) Send a test message.
- Enter recipient email address
- Enter Subject
- Enter Email Body
- Nett click on the “Send” button to send a mail
Step 5) Open the inbox link.
Open the recipient mailbox, and you will see the message.
Step 1) Open an Android/iPhone Email Clients of your choice.
We are using Microsoft Outlook.
- Click Add Account
- Enter the Continue button
Step 2) Connect to IMAP, POP, or SMTP servers.
Select IMAP in the pop-up option.
Step 3) Enter your mobile outlook password.
On the next screen, enter your password. You are now connected!
Step 1) Open your favorite Email Client on your Android phone. In this case, we are using Outlook.
Go to Files > Add Account
- Add the Email Address
- Click Connect
Step 2) Enter your IMAP account password.
- Enter the password you had created for the email id
- Click on Connect button
Step 3) Set up Outlook mobile on your phone.
Click Done in the Next Screen
Step 4) You can see that your email account is configured, and you can start using it. You can click inbox links to see all your Email.
❓ What is GoDaddy Workspace?
GoDaddy Workspace is a complete web hosting solution for your business. It provides you with all the tools and services needed to run a successful website, including:
A powerful domain name you can use forever at no cost. The ability to easily create multiple websites from one GoDaddy account.
Web-based control panel gives you instant access to 24/7 support from our experts. It is a powerful security feature that helps protect your website from hackers and malware attacks.
⚡ Why are you not able to log in to your GoDaddy email?
Here are some most prominent reasons for failing to log into your GoDaddy email:
- Your password has expired.
- You haven’t entered the correct password for your account in a long time
- You don’t receive a confirmation email.
- Someone else has changed your password on our system without notifying you.
- Check that the inbox is full, so there isn’t enough room for new messages. For this, you need to clean your inbox.
💻 Which mobile devices can you add GoDaddy webmail to?
GoDaddy offers a webmail account that can be added to any mobile device. However, the mail client must support Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo email accounts.
The most popular mobile devices include:
- iPad and iPhone: the latest version of Safari and iOS 8 or later
- Android: Chrome for Android and Chromium (version 27 or later
- You can also configure it on other supported devices. (However, you need to check the setting of your mobile)
👉 How can you Reset Your GoDaddy Email Address and Password?
Step 1) First, visit the official homepage of GoDaddy.
Step 2) Then click on the down arrow of Sign in, located at the top right of the GoDaddy homepage.
Step 3) After that, you will be directed to the sign-in page, click on the Need to find your username or password.
Step 4) Enter your customer id to reset your password.
Step 5) After that, enter the CAPTCHA and click on the Continue button
Step 6) Provide your existing email address and verify and click on the Continue button.
Step 7) Now, fill in the following requirement to reset your email address or a password.
🏅 How to Delete GoDaddy Webmail?
Here are steps to delete GoDaddy Webmail:
Step 1) Go to your “Godaddy workspace” and log in.
Step 2) Select “Workspace” from the drop-down menu.
Step 3) Select the Manage option next to the domain you wish to remove the custom email.
Step 4) Tap the delete button next to the Email connected with the account you want to delete.
🚀 How can you transfer GoDaddy email to Gmail?
Here is the process to transfer your GoDaddy. Transferring an email account to a Gmail account can be performed manually on your system.
Step 1) First, login to your Google email account by typing Gmail.com in your browser.
Step 2) Next, click on the setting icon at the top right side of your Gmail account.
Step 3) Tap to check all settings from the drop-down menu.
Step 4) Select your Gmail accounts
Import and select add a Mail account below to add the email address option.
Step 5) You will see a pop-up window, add your GoDaddy Email address.
Then click on Next Step.
Step 6) Type your GoDaddy Webmail credentials.
Step 7) In POP Server, enter pop.secureserver.net.
Step 8) Go through the options and put a mark where you want to activate.
Step 9) Open your Gmail account to check your GoDaddy Sign-in info.
You can see that your GoDaddy mail is now transferred into your Gmail account.