Gmail is a free email service developed by Google. You can access this email service client on the web and using third-party programs that synchronize email content through POP or IMAP protocols.
The tool allows you features like two-factor authentication, smart compose, Gmail blocks phishing emails automatically. etc. However, it is not without flaws as Google limits the amount of data that it can hold.
Following is a handpicked list of Best Gmail alternative, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source(free) and commercial(paid) software alternative email providers.
BEST FREE Alternatives to Gmail
|Name||Max Inbox Size||Link|
|ProtonMail||20 GB||Learn More|
|Zoho Mail||5 GB||Learn More|
|Outlook||15 GB||Learn More|
|Yahoo! Mail||1 TB||Learn More|
|HubSpot||5 GB||Learn More|
ProtonMail is an open-source and secure email service offered by MIT scientists and CERN. It is protected by Swiss privacy law. It has easy to use secure email service, having an end to end encryption.
- No personal information is required to create an email account.
- It can be accessed on any device without installing the software.
- Send and receive emails that are secured with end-to-end encryption.
- No personal information is needed to create your secure buisness email account
- ProtonMail is optimized to help you better organize read, as well as send an email.
2) Zoho Mail
Zoho Mail is the most secure and add free email hosting service tailor-made for your company’s communication needs. It is clean and fast and offers protection against fake emails.
- It has a control panel from where admin can change settings and make customization.
- It follows the e-Discovery process that helps you to discover emails quickly.
- Allows you to add comments in email threads, share files, manage tasks, and tag your organization team.
- You can integrate with Zoho CRM (Customer Relation Management) to manage your sales.
Microsoft Outlook is a browser-based email service provider. It is a strong competitor of Gmail. It is included in Exchange Server, Exchange Online, and Office 365. It helps you to be productive and connect yourself at home and on the go.
- It offers enterprise-grade security.
- Outlook has a built-in calendar that enables you to schedule and manage meetings or events.
- You can see information about contact when you hover over its name.
- It provides an easy way to find people, and messages, documents in email.
4) Yahoo! Mail
Yahoo! Mail is strong replacement for Gmail. It is one of the free alternatives to Gmail which offers an easy signup process and a free email account with massive storage, i.e., 1 TB.
- Yahoo Mail is one of the best Gmail alternate email which allows you to customize your inbox by choosing themes.
- Users can search email by keyword, date, or contact.
- This Gmail alternative offers using animated GIFs to show your feelings.
- The Yahoo Mail mobile app makes it easy for you to manage your emails while you are traveling.
HubSpot is a tool that helps you to create and send emails without IT or designer. It has a drag and drop editor that enables you to customize your mail. This application has ready to use templates that can be used as per your need.
- It allows you to deliver personalized emails.
- You can send mails with privacy and data protection.
- It allows you to modify email content with ease.
- This application allows you to send emails from CRM.
- It can automatically reply to emails.
6) iCloud Mail
iCloud Mail is an email service operated by Apple. It is one of the best alternatives to Gmail that can be used with the Mail app on your Mac computer or iOS device or using MS Outlook on a computer having a Windows operating system.
- It is one of the best Gmail alternative which allows you to access IMAP.
- It automatically finds new messages and puts them in the inbox.
- iCloud Mail loads automatically load HTML images.
7) AOL Mail
AOL Mail is a web-based free email service provided by the division of Verizon Communications, AOL. It is one of the best Gmail alternatives that has a simple account interface and mobile application for accessing the inbox without any interruption.
- It is one of the best email alternatives to Gmail that helps you to manage your AOL calendar.
- It enables you to customize the list view of emails.
- AOL Mail allows organizing your emails in a better way.
- It has a customized panel so that you can focus on your work.
GMX (Global Mail eXchange) is an email service provider that offers a feature of advertising. Users may access GMX Mail via webmail POP3 and IMAP4 protocols.
- It is one of the free alternatives to Gmail that provides attachment up to 50 MB.
- This Gmail alternate email has drag and drops functionality to manage your schedule.
- GMX contains an online address book, which allows you to keep track of all your contacts.
- It has strong email filter Rules that help you to keep your inbox clean.
Yandex. Mail is a smart and secure email service provider. You can use it on Android and Android devices. It is one of the alternative email providers to Gmail that providers to Gmail that offers you to change the appearance of the mailbox to suit your mood.
- This Gmail alternative enables you to put messages on a timer so you can write them in advance and send them at the right timer.
- It checks all Mail for viruses and stores suspicious messages into the spam folder.
- Protects against spam and fraud.
- This Gmail replacement allows you to access all Yandex services with one account.
Mail allows you to choose from 200 domains while creating an email address. You can choose an area that fits their profession, personality, location, or lifestyle. This personalization of email addresses will work as the identification of a specific person.
- It is one of the best alternative to Gmail that provides unlimited email storage.
- It has an antivirus tool that protects your emails from viruses.
- It is one of the best Gmail alternatives that provides a convenient way to access your Mail via smartphone.
Tutanota is an open-source and secure email service. You can use encrypted emails on all devices with mobile apps, email client, and desktop clients.
- It is one of the best Gmail alternatives which provides free email services without Ads.
- It has an encrypted calendar for security purposes.
- It allows you to send free secure emails to anyone without any hassle.
- It is one of the best email accounts other than Gmail which offers free Secure Email without any Ads
❗ How to select an email provider?
Here are the top selection criteria’s to check when you select an email provider:
- Reputation: Your email service provider should have a good reputation. An email address is one of the first aspects that your clients see.
- Archive Capabilities: Good email providers enable you to save, store, archive, and search your messages.
- Security: You should look for strong security measures while choosing an email provider. It helps you to keep your message safe and protects from unauthorized access to your email account.
- Integration: Some email services work fine with other business software like productivity suites and calendars. If your business depends on such tools, you should go for the email package that integrates them.
- Spam Filter: Spam messages waste your time, and you do not want to read them. Thereby, you need an email service having a system to detect and filter out spam messages.
- Reliability: Your email service provider should be running when you actually need it. The downtime of email can result in unhappy or lost customers.
- Storage: Storage is one of the important aspects When selecting an email service provider. It would help if you kept in mind that the amount of enough storage space included with your account.
- Ease of Use: Your staff member needs to create and use an email account as your business grows. You have to look for the email service provider, which is easy to use, so it reduces staff training time.
- Advanced Features: Advanced features like the ability to schedule tasks or recall messages depending on your unique business need.
💻 What is IMAP, POP3, SMTP?
IMAP: IMAP or Internet Message Access Protocol is a mail protocol that is used to access email on the web server from the local PC. It stores messages on a server and synchronizes the mails across multiple devices.
POP3: POP3 or Post Office Protocol version 3 is a mail protocol that is used to receive emails from server to local email client. It downloads mail messages on your computer and deletes them from the server.
SMTP: SMTP or Simple Mail Transfer Protocol is an application to send messages to the mail server for relaying.
When you send emails, the web server processes your mails and decides which server to send messages. The mail service provider downloads the mails and places in the inbox of the recipient.
⚡ What is Microsoft Exchange?
Microsoft Exchange is email server solution that manages all your mails. It performs different activities related to your incoming, outgoing, and drafts messages, & calendars.
🚀 Which are the Best Gmail Alternative emails?
Here are the best Gmail alternative email services:
- Zoho Mail
- iCloud Mail
- Yahoo! Mail