What is Business Intelligence Tool?
Business Intelligence (BI)Tool is a software that collects, transforms, and presents data to help decision-makers drive business growth. BI tools ingest large amounts of structured and unstructured data from varied sources, transform it and help deduce actionable business insights from the data.
Here are the Top BI tools list with their popular features and download links. The list contains both open source(free) and commercial (paid) software.
Top BI Tools: Business Intelligence Software
Zoho Analytics is a self-service business intelligence and analytics platform. It allows users to create insightful dashboards and visually analyze any data in minutes. It features an AI powered assistant that enables users to ask questions and get intelligent answers in the form of meaningful reports.
- 100+ readymade connectors for popular business apps, cloud drives and databases.
- Wide variety of visualization options–charts, pivot tables, summary views, KPI widgets and custom themed dashboards.
- Unified business analytics for analyzing data from across business apps.
- Augmented analytics using AI, ML and NLP.
- White label BI portals and embedded analytics solutions.
2) BiG EVAL
BiG EVAL leverages the value of enterprise data by continuously validating and monitoring information quality. It also automates testing tasks during report and analysis development. The unique automation approach and the simple user interface guarantee same-day-benefits.
- Autopilot data quality measuring and testing, driven by meta data.
- Fully customizable algorithms, rules and test behavior.
- Gallery with hundreds of best practices validation templates ready to be used by you.
- Deep insight analysis with clear dashboards and alerting processes.
- Integration with hundreds of tools (e.g. Jira, ServiceNow, Slack, Teams …).
- Embeddable into DataOps processes and DevOps CI/CD flows.
- Hundreds of connectors to any kind of data (RDBMS, APIs, Flatfiles, Business applications, SaaS …).
Netsuite SuiteAnalytics is an easy-to-use business intelligence tool that provides real-time visibility into company operational and financial performance across all business functions. It helps you to discover trends and deliver meaningful insights to grow your business.
- Streamline reporting processes and improve communications.
- Enables you to incorporate business performance metrics into your dashboards and KPIs.
- Allows you to deliver information to analysts and decision-makers without relying on IT.
- Allows you to combine data with visual analytics to generate meaningful business insights
- Shorten cycle times, engage in business users, and enhance your planning process
- Reduces the time needed to consolidate and reconcile information.
4) Clear Analytics:
Clear Analytics is an accurate, timely and clear business insights system. This business intelligence tool helps to fulfill business needs. This BI tool provides easy extraction of large data from reliable sources and presents it in the form of professional reports.
- It provides software solutions that require less human resources
- Dashboard creation
- Graphical data presentation
- Key Performance Indicators
- Easy Indication of issues
- Helps to create strategic planning
- It offers predictive analysis
Download link: https://www.clearanalyticsbi.com/
5) SAP BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE:
SAP BI is an integrated Business Intelligence software. It is an enterprise level application for open client/server systems. It has set new standards for providing the best business information management solutions.
- It provides highly flexible and most transparent business solutions
- The application developed using SAP can integrate with any system
- It follows modular concept for the easy setup and space utilization
- Allows to create next-generation database system that combines analytics and transactions
- Provide support for On-premise or cloud deployment
- Simplified data warehouse architecture
- Easy Integration with SAP and non-SAP applications
MicroStrategy is an enterprise analytics software. It empower people to make better decisions and transform the way they do business. It offers most advanced and predictive analytics.
- Advanced and predictive analytics
- Business intelligence
- Easy to use and maintain
- High-performance business intelligence
- Self-service analytics
- Big data solutions
- Software as a service (SaaS)
- Real-time WYSIWYG report design
- Scorecards and dashboards
- Enterprise reporting
Download link: https://www.microstrategy.com/us
Board is a Management Intelligence Toolkit. It combines features of business intelligence and corporate performance management. It is designed to deliver business intelligence and business analytics in a single package.
- Analyse, simulate, plan and predict using a single platform
- To build customized analytical and planning applications
- Board All-In-One combines BI, Corporate Performance Management, and Business analytics
- It empowers businesses to develop and maintain sophisticated analytical and planning applications
- Proprietary platform helps to report by accessing multiple data sources
Download link: http://www.board.com/en
Pentaho is a Data Warehousing and Business Analytics Platform. It is one of the best Business Intelligence tools that empowers business users to access, discover and merge all types and sizes of data.
- Enterprise platform to accelerate the data pipeline
- Community Dashboard Editor allows fast and efficient development and deployment
- Big data integration without a need for coding
- Simplified embedded analytics
- Visualize data with custom dashboards
- Operational reporting for mongo dB
- Platform to accelerate the data pipeline
Download now: http://www.pentaho.com/testdrive
Jaspersoft is an open source BI tool. It empowers people around the world every day to make better decisions. It provides flexible, cost-effective, and widely-deployed business intelligence solutions. It enables better decision-making through highly interactive Web-based reports, dashboards, and analysis.
- It offers reporting, data visualization, and data integration
- It can be integrated into any mobile app so that users can access data from anywhere
- It provides support for decision-making process through key performance indicators and problem Indicators
- Available as SaaS, On-premise and cloud platform
Download link: https://www.jaspersoft.com/
Qlik allows creating visualizations, dashboards, and apps. It is one of the best BI reporting tools which allows seeing the entire story that lives within data.
- Simple drag-and-drop interfaces to create flexible, interactive data visualizations
- Use natural search to navigate complex information
- Instantly respond to interactions and changes
- Supports multiple data sources and file types
- It allows easy security for data and content across all devices
- It shares relevant analyses, including apps and stories using centralized hub
Download link: http://www.qlik.com
BIRT is open source Business Intelligence and reporting tool. It consists of a visual report designer and a runtime component for Java environment.
- All your data in a single view
- Analyze billions of records in seconds
- No complex data modeling
- Clean and enrich your data
- Best practices analytical techniques
- No need to write code
- Easy to use visuals
- User autonomy and self-sufficiency
Download link: https://www.eclipse.org/birt/
12) IBM Cognos Analytics
IBM Cognos Analytics, an interactive business intelligence tool. It allows sharing data-driven insights in a governed environment. It is one of the best Business Intelligence reporting tools that creates compelling reports and dashboards.
- Cognos is a web-based proprietary integrated BI suite developed by IBM
- Helps organizations to get insights effectively and provides toolset for reporting, analyzing data
- Allows to create own dashboard and access information from anywhere
- It offers cloud support and complete governance of data to generate online and offline reports
- Accurate and safe reporting
- Cross-department predictive analyses
- Intent-based process modeling
Download link: https://www.ibm.com/products/software
13) Dundas BI:
Dundas is an enterprise-ready Business Intelligence platform. It is used for building and viewing interactive dashboards, reports, scorecards and more. It is possible to deploy Dundas BI as the central data portal for the organization or integrate it into an existing website as a custom BI solution.
- Easy access through web browser
- Allows to use sample or Excel data
- Server application with full product functionality
- Integrate and access all kind of data sources
- Ad hoc reporting tools
- Customizable data visualizations
- Smart drag and drop tools
- Visualize data through maps
- Predictive and advanced data analytics
Download link: http://www.dundas.com/support/dundas-bi-free-trial
14) Style Intelligence:
Style Intelligence is a data intelligence platform. It is powerful data mashup software that allows fast and flexible transformation of data from disparate sources.
- It allows accessing structured databases and semi-structured sources, on-premise applications
- Helps to create streamlined apps for data consumption and updating
- Offer customized and secure levels of data exploration and reporting to cloud application users
- Scale up for large data sets of users using Inbuilt Spark platform
- Generate paginated reports with embedded business logic and parameterization
Download link: https://www.inetsoft.com/products/StyleIntelligence/
Birst is a web-based networked BI and analytics solution. It connects insights from various teams and helps in making informed decisions. It allows decentralized users to augment the enterprise data model. It also offers a unified semantic layer to maintain definitions and key metrics.
- Enable Data as a Service
- Everyone is Cloud-Connected
- Helps end users to access and blend their data with IT-owned data
- Rapidly refine enterprise data
- Create trusted, governed user data
- Create corporate wide metrics
- Create top-down Virtual BI instances
- Blend corporate and local data
- It supports individual agility, transparently governed working with trusted corporate and departmental data
The Netlink Analytics Platform is a leading edge advanced analytics and cloud-based platform. It can be used as Software-as-a-Service or Platform-as-a-Service. It is available with Private or Public Cloud options. It offers best-in-class data visualizations to provide a single point of enterprise truth.
- Quick customization and visualization of dashboards across all major mobile devices
- Powerful and quick ecosystem connectors
- Analytics feedback to existing enterprise systems
- Embedded domain and statistical knowledge via SMEs
- Embedded Big Data and end user collaboration
- Agility and unlimited scalability
- Data scientists mine and deliver the insights that are not visible in operational reports and dashboards
Download link: https://www.netlink.com/
ClicData is a business intelligence dashboard solution. It is designed for use primarily by small and midsized businesses. The tool enables end users to create reports and dashboards.
- Keep complete track of your Business health
- It allows sharing data, insights, metrics, and reports with the groups and individuals
- Import, connect and standardize data into a single, powerful, cloud-based data warehouse
- This BI tool reports progress and performance of your projects
- Live Alerts on Dashboards
- Extensive Data Manipulation
Download link: https://www.clicdata.com
18) Profitbase BI:
Profitbase is a business intelligence solution that delivers critical business information. It allows companies to monitor and manage their business performance. It is appropriate for many commercial markets, including manufacturing and retail.
- It helps make faster decisions based on continuously updated and accurate data
- It provides visibility into KPIs in finance, sales, AR/AP, as well as performance measures
- It is modular, scalable, and consists of a data warehouse augmented with OLAP cubes
- The BI software allows adding new business systems through acquisition or system upgrades
- It is a module based BI tool so that customers can select the analytic tools best suited for their requirements
Download link: http://www.profitbase.no/?lang=en
Exago is a full-featured BI solution. It offers report in any combination to accommodate users of different levels. It allows to build and format basic tabular reports.
- Excel-like design to offer advanced functionality like Charts, Formula Editor, and Conditional Formatting
- It simplifies the process of creating complex tables with summary results
- It offers wide variety of animated visualizations to choose from and a Chart Wizard
- Its Map wizard makes it easy for users to visualize their data on geographical maps
- Allow users to link together an unlimited number of charts and tabular reports
- It automates the process of merging data to highly formatted PDF, RTF and Excel templates
- Reports can be scheduled for automatic emailing
- It offers browser-based support for iPad, iPhone and Android devices
Download link: https://exagobi.com/
Logility is a unique self-service business intelligence tool. This business intelligence platform helps in business planning for supply chain management. It incorporates and combines automated data transformation processes with assisted manual data manipulation.
- A Clean, Intuitive Interface which is helpful for Self-Service Dashboard Customization
- Ability to share, collaborate and take action all while archiving your discussions
- Sales and operations planning
- Demand Planning
- Inventory Planning
- Supplier Management
- Customer Management
- Visualization, Reporting, and Analytics
Download link: https://halobi.com/
21) Rapid Insight Analytics:
Rapid Insight is a BI software which allows to builds, predictive models. It offers automated modeling to identify relationships within complex sets of data.
- It makes complex data integration and predictive modeling easy
- It delivers automated Predictive Modeling to identify relationships within complex sets of data
- It allows users to create repeatable processes based on reports and analyses
Download link: https://www.rapidinsight.com/
Alteryx is a Business intelligence and analytics solutions for enterprise and SMB companies. It is a desktop-to-cloud Agile BI and analytics solution. It designed for data artisans and business leaders
- Analytics for Midsize Businesses
- Connects business analysts and decision-makers regardless of size, format, or physical location
- It offers big data and customer analytics
- It allows Ad Hoc Analysis
- Online Analytical Processing
- Automatic Scheduled Reporting
- Highly customizable Dashboard
Download link: https://www.alteryx.com/
LongView Enterprise is a business intelligence reporting and analytics platform. It allows rapid creation of custom applications like reports, dashboards, etc.
- Delivers actionable, contextual knowledge to decision-makers at every level
- It analyzes information from multiple data sources such as ERP, OLAP, relational databases, and web services
- Single-sign-on if integrated with Windows or LDAP
- It is available on all web servers
- It allows exporting data and reports to Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF
- It allows users to share ad-hoc reports with other users
- Live data pulled from server and automatically refreshed in real time
- Automatic alerts based on thresholds
- Display data in animation and motion charts
Download link: http://www.longview.com/
Splunk is a tool to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. This BI Application delivers operational intelligence to DevOps teams. It also helps companies to be more productive, competitive, and secure.
- Data drive analytics with actionable insights
- Next-generation monitoring and analytics solution
- Delivers a single, unified view of different IT services
- Extend the Splunk platform with purpose-built solutions for security
Download link: https://www.splunk.com/
25) Oracle BI Standard Edition One
Oracle BI is an application that offers integrated, end-to-end Enterprise Performance Management System. It is an integrated query, reporting, analysis, alerting, data integration and management tool.
- Simplify analytics strategy by standardizing on one integrated platform
- Centralize data models and metrics to offer comprehensive representation of the business
- Helps business leaders to securely access and explore data
- Connect directly to more Oracle sources and Big Data for broader, richer analysis
- Empower key decision-makers to find answers to predictive and statistical questions quickly
- It allows business analysts to create mash-up data sets by running R scripts in batch mode
- It offers hundreds of pre-built functions to speed analysis with R scripts
- Allows creating a story around any business with visually stunning analytics.
- Get unique insights by creating rich data mash-ups.
- View, analyze, and modified data in the cloud or on-premises
- Create mobile analytical apps without writing a single line of code
- Build apps once and distribute anywhere apps are responsive to any device, any screen size.
- Offer In-memory enhancements
- Improve performance for mash-up data
- Faster query performance
- Load your data and analyze it from any angle to uncover problems and new opportunities
- Blend all types of local and corporate data
Download link: https://www.oracle.com/index.html
❓ What is a Business Intelligence Tool?
Business Intelligence (BI) Tool is a software application that collects, transforms, and presents data to help decision-makers drive business growth. BI tool ingests large amounts of structured and unstructured data from varied sources, transforms it and helps deduce actionable business insights from the data. BI tool also offers data visualization, data integration and reporting.
💻 Which are the Best Business Intelligence software?
Following are some of the best Business Intelligence software:
❗ How Business Intelligence works?
In the Business intelligence process, organizations collect and store a huge volume of present and historical data. They use this data and turn it into meaningful information to get actionable and accurate business decisions. Business intelligence helps organizations to make better decisions for business growth.
🌟 Why is Business Intelligence important?
Business intelligence helps organizations and businesses make better decisions through meaningful insights driven by present and historical data. It allows businesses to transform and visualize large amounts of structured and unstructured data into meaningful information to improve efficiency and productivity.