5 Best ETL Automation Testing Tools in 2021
ETL testing is performed before data is moved into a production data warehouse system. It is also known as table balancing or production reconciliation. The main goal of ETL testing is to identify and mitigate data defects.
Using tools is imperative to conduct ETL testing considering the volume of data. Here is a list of top 5 ETL Testing Tools with Key features and download links :
ETL Testing Tools: Top Picks
QuerySurge is ETL testing solution developed by RTTS. It is built specifically to automate the testing of Data Warehouses & Big Data. It ensures that the data extracted from data sources remains intact in the target systems as well.
- Improve data quality & data governance
- Accelerate your data delivery cycles
- Helps to automate manual testing effort
- Provide testing across the different platform like Oracle, Teradata, IBM, Amazon, Cloudera, etc.
- It speeds up testing process up to 1,000 x and also providing up to 100% data coverage
- It integrates an out-of-the-box DevOps solution for most Build, ETL & QA management software
- Deliver shareable, automated email reports and data health dashboards
RightData is a self-service ETL/Data Integrations testing tool designed to help business and technology teams with the automation of data quality assurance and data quality control processes.
- Users can perform queries on any data source, explore metadata, analyze data, discover data by data profiling, prepare by performing transformations and cleansing, and snapshot data to assist with data reconciliation, business rule and transformations validation.
- Bulk comparison capability to facilitate technical data reconciliation across data landscape
- Alerting and notification capabilities from emails through creation of defect/incident management tickets.
- Can be used for testing analytics/BI tools like Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Two-way integration with CICD tools (Jenkins, Jira, etc.) for DevOps / DataOps enablement.
3) BiG EVAL
BiG EVAL is a comprehensive suite of software tools aimed for leveraging the value of enterprise data and maximizing the degree of automation in a data oriented project. The meta data driven validation engine makes you capable of automatically building and running thousands of test cases.
- Autopilot testing, driven by meta data from your data base schema or a meta data repository.
- High performance in-memory scripting, validation and rules engines.
- Abstraction for any kind of data (RDBMS, APIs, Flatfiles, Business applications cloud and on-premises).
- Deep insight problem analysis.
- Clear dashboards and alerting processes.
- Embeddable into DevOps CI/CD flows, ticket systems and more.
- 5 minute up and running installation in any environment.
- Intuitive self-learning user interface.
iCEDQ is a DataOps platform for Data Testing and Monitoring. Its rules-based auditing approach enables organizations to automate ETL Testing, Cloud Data Migration Testing, and Production Data Monitoring.
- Highly scalable in-memory engine to evaluate billions of records
- Create rules to test transformations, duplicates, schema, Type II Dimension, etc.
- Connect to Databases, Files, API, BI Reports. 50+ connectors are available.
- Enables DataOps by allowing users to integrate with any Scheduling, GIT, or DevOps tool.
- Integrate with different enterprise products like Slack, Jira, ServiceNow, Alation, Manta.
- Single Sign-On, Advanced RBAC, and Encryption features
- Use the inbuilt Dashboard or enterprise reporting tools like Tableau, Power BI, and Qlik to generate reports for more insight.
- Deploy it anywhere, On-Prem, AWS, Azure, or GCP.
5) Informatica Data Validation:
Informatica Data Validation is a popular ETL tool. It is one of the best data testing tools which integrates with the PowerCenter Repository and Integration Services. It enables developers and business analysts to create rules to test the mapped data.
- Informatica Data Validation provides complete solution for data validation along with data integrity
- Reduces programming efforts because of intuitive user interface and built-in operators
- Identifies and prevents data issues and provides greater business productivity
- It has Wizards to create test Query without the user's need to write SQL
- This automated ETL testing tool also offers design Library and reusable Query Snippets
- It can analyze millions of rows and columns of data in minutes
- It helps to compare data from source files and data stores to the target Data Warehouse
- It can produce informative reports, updates, and auto-email results
Download link: https://www.informatica.com/etl-testing.html
QualiDi enables clients to reduce costs, achieve higher ROIs and accelerate time to market. This ETL tool automates every aspect of the testing lifecycle. It is one of the best ETL automation tools that enables clients to reduce costs, achieve higher ROIs and accelerate time to market
- Finding bad and non-compliant data
- Data integration testing
- Testing across platforms
- Managing test cycles through dashboards and reports
- Meaningful auto test data generation using constraints and referential integrity
- Automated test case generation for direct mappings
- Central test case repository allows test schedules for regression testing
- Test execution maintained in batches for regression and retesting
- Test execution results in dashboards and reports available at a click
- Built-in defect tracking and monitoring, interfacing with a third-party defect tracking tool
Download link: https://www.bitwiseglobal.com/in/
7) ETL Validator:
Datagaps ETL Validator is a Data warehouse testing tool. It is one of the best data migration testing tools that simplifies the testing of Data Integration, Data Warehouse, and Data Migration projects. It has an inbuilt ETL engine capable of comparing millions of records.
- Define rules for automatically validating data in every column in the incoming file
- Compare profile of target and source data
- Simplifies comparison of database Schema across environments
- Capability to assemble and schedule test plan
- Baseline and compare data to find differences
- Analyzes data across multiple systems
- It is one of the best data warehouse testing tools that allows web-based reporting
- REST API and continuous integration features.
- It offers Data Quality and Data Integration Testing
- Wizard Based Test Creation
- Enterprise Collaboration
- Container based security
- It provides scheduling Capabilities to the users
- It provides benchmarking Capabilities
- Reduce costs associated with testing data projects
❓ What is ETL Testing?
ETL testing is a software testing process which is done to ensure that the data that has been loaded from a source to the destination after business transformation is accurate. It also involves the verification of data at various middle stages that are being used between source and destination. ETL stands for Extract-Transform-Load.
💥 Why is ETL Testing required?
While data transportation from extraction to loading, there are some chances of occurring some human or system errors that can result in poor information transferred through the whole system. ETL testing helps to ensure such errors do not occur and eliminates such defects which can harm the whole system.
✅ How to do ETL Testing?
Below is a process on how to do ETL testing:
- Step 1) Identifying data sources and requirements
- Step 2) Data acquisition
- Step 3) Implement business logics and dimensional Modelling
- Step 4) Build and populate data
- Step 5) Build Reports
💻 Which are the Best ETL Testing Tools?
Here are some of the best ETL testing tools:
- BiG EVAL