ETL testing is performed before data is moved into a production data warehouse system. It is also known as table balancing or production reconciliation. The main goal of ETL testing is to identify and mitigate data defects.
Using tools is imperative to conduct ETL testing considering the volume of data. Here is a list of top 5 ETL Testing Tools with Key features and download links :
QuerySurge is ETL testing solution developed by RTTS. It is built specifically to automate the testing of Data Warehouses & Big Data. It ensures that the data extracted from data sources remains intact in the target systems as well.
- Improve data quality & data governance
- Accelerate your data delivery cycles
- Helps to automate manual testing effort
- Provide testing across the different platform like Oracle, Teradata, IBM, Amazon, Cloudera, etc.
- It speeds up testing process up to 1,000 x and also providing up to 100% data coverage
- It integrates an out-of-the-box DevOps solution for most Build, ETL & QA management software
- Deliver shareable, automated email reports and data health dashboards
RightData is a self-service ETL/Data Integrations testing tool designed to help business and technology teams with the automation of data quality assurance and data quality control processes.
RightData allows users to validate and reconcile data regardless of differences in data model or data source type.
- Users can perform queries on any data source, explore metadata, analyze data, discover data by data profiling, prepare by performing transformations and cleansing, and snapshot data to assist with data reconciliation, business rule and transformations validation.
- Bulk comparison capability to facilitate technical data reconciliation across data landscape
- Alerting and notification capabilities from emails through creation of defect/incident management tickets.
- Can be used for testing analytics/BI tools like Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Two-way integration with CICD tools (Jenkins, Jira, etc.) for DevOps / DataOps enablement.
3) Informatica Data Validation:
Informatica Data Validation is a popular ETL tool. It integrates with the PowerCenter Repository and Integration Services. It enables developers and business analysts to create rules to test the mapped data.
- Informatica Data Validation provides complete solution for data validation along with data integrity
- Reduces programming efforts because of intuitive user interface and built-in operators
- Identifies and prevents data issues and provides greater business productivity
- It has Wizards to create test Query without the user's need to write SQL
- This tool also offers design Library and reusable Query Snippets
- It can analyze millions of rows and columns of data in minutes
- It helps to compare data from source files and data stores to the target Data Warehouse
- It can produce informative reports, updates, and auto-email results
Download link: https://www.informatica.com/etl-testing.html
QualiDi enables clients to reduce costs, achieve higher ROIs and accelerate time to market. This ETL tool automates every aspect of the testing lifecycle. It enables clients to reduce costs, achieve higher ROIs and accelerate time to market
- Finding bad and non-compliant data
- Data integration testing
- Testing across platforms
- Managing test cycles through dashboards and reports
- Meaningful auto test data generation using constraints and referential integrity
- Automated test case generation for direct mappings
- Central test case repository allows test schedules for regression testing
- Test execution maintained in batches for regression and retesting
- Test execution results in dashboards and reports available at a click
- Built-in defect tracking and monitoring, interfacing with a third-party defect tracking tool
Download link: https://www.bitwiseglobal.com/in/
ICEDQ is an ETL testing platform. It is built to automate Data Migration Testing and Production Data Monitoring. It helps users to identify all types of data issues generated during ETL processes. It provides a complete automated solution to audit, validates and reconciles data.
- ICEDQ reads data from any database or file
- It matches data in memory based on unique columns
- It helps in transformation or business expressions
- It identifies mismatching data based on comparison & expression evaluation
- Can check up to 10000 rows to identify issues
- In-Memory Rules Engine
- It allows advanced Scripting
- User & Connection Security
- Jenkins Integration (Build Integration Tools)
- HP ALM Integration
- Web Services & Command Line Interface
Download link: https://icedq.com/download-icedq-trial
6) ETL Validator:
Datagaps ETL Validator is a Data warehouse testing tool. It simplifies the testing of Data Integration, Data Warehouse, and Data Migration projects. It has an inbuilt ETL engine capable of comparing millions of records.
- Define rules for automatically validating data in every column in the incoming file
- Compare profile of target and source data
- Simplifies comparison of database Schema across environments
- Capability to assemble and schedule test plan
- Baseline and compare data to find differences
- Analyzes data across multiple systems
- It allows web-based reporting
- REST API and continuous integration features.
- It offers Data Quality and Data Integration Testing
- Wizard Based Test Creation
- Enterprise Collaboration
- Container based security
- It provides scheduling Capabilities to the users
- It provides benchmarking Capabilities
- Reduce costs associated with testing data projects