Wireshark is a widely used network monitoring and WiFi troubleshooting tool. However, with Wireshark tool is that you can only gather information from the network but cannot send this information.
Here, is a curated list of Top Alternative Tools which are capable of replacing Wireshark.
This list includes open source (free) as well as commercial (paid) programs like Wireshark with popular features and latest download link.
Top Alternatives to Wireshark (Mac, Windows, Linux)
|👍 Deep Packet Inspection||Windows||Learn More|
|PRTG monitor||Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android||Learn More|
|Cloud Shark||Cloud||Learn More|
|Sysdig||Cloud, SaaS, Web-Based||Learn More|
Deep Packet Inspection by SolarWinds automatically discovers network devices and deploys within an hour. With the help of this tool, you can customize the web-based performance dashboards, charts, and views. This tool helps you to reduce network outages and improve the performance of your network.
- Resolve end-user slowdowns
- Classify and restrict network traffic
- Multi-vendor network monitoring
- Network Insights for deeper visibility
- Analyze over 1,200 applications
- NetPath and PerfStack for easy troubleshooting
- Smarter scalability for large environments
30 Days Fully Functional Free Trial
2) PRTG monitor
PRTG monitor allows all systems, devices, traffic, and applications of your IT infrastructure. The tool also offers to monitor several networks from various locations.
- Full featured web interface which is based on AJAX with high-security standards
- SSL-secured local and remote access which can be used simultaneously
- Visualize your network with the help of real time maps with real time status information
- Allows you to monitors several networks in different locations
- Helps you to run reports on demand or schedule regular reports
30-Days Free Trial
3) Cloud Shark
A web-based platform which allows you to view analyze, and share packet capture files in a browser. This Wireshark alternative helps you to solve network problems faster with packet captures.
- Drag and drop capture right into your browser, or upload using your API key
- Cloud Shark can act like a drop-box for the files you generate
- Allows readers to access advanced analysis from any device without any special software
- You can instantly link your work to share with co-workers or customers
Download link: https://cloudshark.io/
Sysdig is an open source tool to monitor and secure containers both for windows and mac. It comes with a command line interface which allows the user to track the system acidity in real time.
- This Wireshark alternative Mac tool supports application tracking
- Helps you to enhance software reliability and bring an ideal resolution
- Accelerate your transition to containers
- This alternative to Wireshark allows you to protect and assure you’re critical applications
Download link: https://sysdig.com/pricing/
Packets is yet another Wireshark alternative. This is an ideal tool for cloud-based WiFi analysis and troubleshooting tool.
- Helps you to store and organize your traces in Packets for quick access
- This software like Wireshark allows you to capture packet traces at any remote site
- Visualization of WiFi connections and visual coding
- Tag particular parts of a trace with notes and share them for collaborative troubleshooting
Download Link: https://packets.arista.com/
Colasoft nChronos is a Network Performance Analysis Solution. This Wireshark alternative Windows tool allows IT professionals to collect and save the high amount of packet-level network data. This data allows the user to navigate time specific periods of the data.
- Allows you to monitor your network and application performance in real-time
- Analyze and troubleshoot all types of abnormalities in your system
- Save IT cost and enhance the customer experience
Download link: https://www.colasoft.com/download/index.php
Debookee is a network monitoring tool which allows you to the intercept and motor the traffic of any device in the same subnet. You can capture data from the mobile device on your Mac, Printer, Tv, without the need of any proxy.
- Allows users to see what is happing on their work
- Helps you to find out who is using your WIFI bandwidth
- Scan your LAN or any IP range and helps you to find all the connected devices
- Display all Wi-Fi clients covers in the radio range and to which API they’re associated
Download link: https://debookee.com/
Omnipeek is the best tool for network analytics and performance diagnostics. It offers advanced capabilities for security investigations. The tool helps to compare, discover, and reduce your mean-time-to-resolution(MTTR).
- You can scan packets for signs of trouble or detect changes in transfer speeds
- The traffic analyzing feature can report on end-to-end performance for connections
- Added support for 3rd party authentication
Download link: https://www.savvius.com/product/omnipeek/
Ettercap is a comprehensive network monitor tool. It also supports both active and passive dissection of different protocols. It also includes features for network and host analysis.
- SSH3 and SSL support
- Packet filtering/dropping
- Remote traffic sniffing with the help of tunnels and route mangling
- Passive OS fingerprint
- Allows you to kill the connection
Download link: https://www.ettercap-project.org/downloads.html
SmartSniff is a network monitoring alternative tool for Wireshark. It allows you to captured data in conversation-like sequence between servers and clients.
- Helps you to capture TCP/IP packets on the network without installing a capture driver
- Allows you to capture driver of Microsoft Network Monitor
- Smartsniff helps you to capture data from other unsecured wireless networks
Download link: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/smsniff.html
EtherApe is a graphical network monitoring solution. It is one of the programs like Wireshark that supports Ethernet, FDDI, ISDN, SLIP, PPP, and WLAN devices. EtherApe allows you to select the level of the protocol stack to concentrate on.
- You can use refined data network filter with the help of pcap syntax
- The display is averaging and node persistence times are fully configurable
- Helps you to display protocol summary dialog shows global traffic statistics by the protocol
Download link: https://etherape.sourceforge.io/
❗ Why Network Monitoring Tool is used?
Network Monitoring Software is used to monitor the performance of your IT infrastructure. These tools help you to find network issues and resolve them.
🏅 Which are the best Wireshark Alternatives?
Following are some of the best Wireshark alternatives:
⚡ How to select a Network Monitoring Software?
You should consider the following factors while selecting a Network Monitoring software:
- Network Monitoring tools should be able to provide real-time performance monitoring and visualization.
- The cost involved in training employees on the tool.
- Tools should be customizable to each user’s specific roles.
- Consider the security options offered by software providers.
- Product price.
- Product features meet your requirements.
- Integration with management software such as ERP is desirable. There is no best tool! You need to select a tool that best caters to your requirements.