IP and Network scanning tools are software that identify various loopholes of network and safeguard from unprecedented and abnormal behavior that poses a threat to the system. It provides a convenient way to secure your computer network.
Following is a handpicked list of Top IP Scanners, with its popular features and website links. The list contains both open source(free) and commercial(paid) network scanning tools.
Best IP and Network Scanner Tools/Software: Free and Paid
|Name ||Features ||Link |
|Skyboxsecurity || • Solve network connectivity related issues |
• Interact with a model of network topology
• Security controls
|Learn More |
|Security Event Manager || • It has integrated tools for compliance reporting. |
• This application offers an intuitive dashboard.
• Provides automated incident response.
|Learn More |
|Paessler || • Monitor networks in various locations |
• Multiple user web interfaces
• Visualizes network using maps
|Learn More |
|Thousandeyes || • Visualize multiple layers |
• Integrate data directly into your existing workflows and systems
• App delivery across every network
|Learn More |
|Beyondtrust || • User-friendly interface |
• Provides patch management
• Improves risk management & prioritization
|Learn More |
Skyboxsecurity provides you seamless network visibility across IT, multi-cloud, and physical environments. It is one of the best network scanner tools which is designed to support complex enterprise and large networks.
- This network scanner tool helps you to interact with a model of network topology, security controls, and assets.
- Solve network connectivity related issues and find the root causes of network outages to ensure business continuity and continuous uptime.
- You can keep security zones and device configurations in continuous compliance.
Security Event Manager is application that improves your security and demonstrates compliance with ease. It offers a centralized log collection facility. This app has a built-in file integrity monitoring facility.
- It has integrated tools for compliance reporting.
- This application offers an intuitive dashboard.
- Provides automated incident response.
- Offers real time log analyzer.
Paessler security network scanning tool has an advanced infrastructure management capability. This software helps you to monitors IT infrastructure using technologies like SNMP, WMI, Sniffing, REST APIS, SQL, and others.
- You can get the numbers, statistics, and graphs for the data you are going to monitor or configuration.
- It has automated failover handling.
- The tool provides Multiple user web interfaces.
- You can visualize your network using maps.
- Paessler allows you to monitor networks in various locations.
- It provides alerts via email, plays alarm audio files, or triggering HTTP requests.
- You can monitor jFlow, sFlow, IP SLA, Firewall, IP, LAN, Wi-Fi, Jitter, and IPFIX.
ThousandEyes networking monitoring software allows you to find the cause of problems anywhere. It is one of the network scanning tools that monitors network infrastructure, troubleshoots application delivery, and maps Internet performance.
- Visualize multiple layers of network data to check diverse infrastructure, services, and apps
- You can See app delivery across every network.
- Integrate data directly into your existing workflows and systems.
- Rapidly diagnose, triage, and find problems with real-time performance data.
- You can collaborate with your service providers by sharing interactive data sets.
Beyond Trust is one of the free network scanning tools online that finds configuration issues, and missing patches across applications, devices, virtual environments, and operating systems.
- This network scanner tool has a user-friendly interface that simplifies integrations and enhances the productivity of your business.
- It provides patch management.
- Improve risk management and prioritization.
- The tool provides support for VMware that includes virtual image scanning.
- It allows you to integrate with vCenter and scan virtual applications for security.
Qualys helps businesses streamline their security and compliance solutions. It also builds security into their digital transformation initiatives. This tool can also check the performance of the online cloud systems.
- Data are securely stored and processed on an n-tiered architecture of load-balanced servers.
- You do not require hardware to install and manage data.
- It is one of the network scanner tools which is scalable and provides end-to-end network scanning for all aspects of IT security.
- Qualys analyzed data in real time.
- It can respond to threats in real-time.
Spice works is one of the easy to use network scanning tools which offers real-time status and alerts for your critical devices.
- It is simple and easy to install network scanner software application.
- You can adjust alert thresholds for in-app notifications or emails.
- Support is entirely free. Online or on the phone, chat
- Get quick insights and spot slow, sluggish, or overwhelmed systems.
Site24x7 is an integrated tool for cloud monitoring, website performance, application, and server monitoring tool. It is designed especially for IT and DevOps to enhance user experiences when accessing websites from various devices.
- This ip scanner tool automatically searches all the devices available within a provided IP range.
- Supports more than 200 vendors, including Canon, Cisco, HP, Dell.
- You can configure network devices to send SNMP alert message.
- It has 4000+ customizable device templates.
- You can see top devices based on response time and packet loss.
- This ip scanner tool automates mapping with Layer 2 maps.
Nagio is one of the open-source network scanner tools for continuous monitoring. It enables you to analyze network, and infrastructure, and system. It is used for continuous monitoring of systems, applications, services, and business processes in a DevOps culture.
- It helps you to define network host hierarchy using parent hosts.
- This tool automatically sends alerts if the condition changes.
- Nagios enables you to read its configuration from an entire directory, which helps you to decide how to define individual files.
- It supports for implementing redundant monitoring hosts.
- You can monitor network protocols like HTTP, SMTP, POP, SSH, FTP, etc.
- This tool offers your network a high degree of scalability, and visibility helping you to solve issues related to multiple networks.
Nessus is a network scanning tool for analyzing compliance, search sensitive data, website traffic, and scan IPs. This application is designed to make the process of the network scanning process easy and intuitive.
- You can secure your cloud, OT (Operational Technology) devices, and traditional IT assets.
- The tool provides complete network scanning with unlimited assessments.
- It offers accurate visibility into your computer network.
- Supports many plugins that deliver timely protection from new threats.
- It enables you to migrate to reliable solutions safely.
- This tool detects the SQL injection attack.
Gfi Software allows you to scan your mobile devices and computer network for vulnerabilities. It provides patch management for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
- It provides patch management for third-party applications as well as the operating system.
- Web reporting console
- Track latest network problem and missing updates
- Integration with security applications
- Support for Virtual Environments
12) Advanced IP Scanner
Advanced IP scanner is one of the free network scanning tools that allows you to access shared folders, remote controlling of computers, and can even turn PC on and off.
- Use this network scanner software without installing it.
- This ip scanner tool detects MAC addresses.
- You can export the scanned result to CSV file.
- It provides remote control via remote desktop protocol.
- You can turn on or off any computer remotely.
- You can easily access from shared networked.
Domotz is one of the network scanner tools which helps to analyze advanced network data and helps you to manage remote network. This application can troubleshoot multiple networks and prevents information from technology-related issues.
- It allows you to monitor any type and number of devices.
- This software automatically discovers devices on the network.
- It monitors a range of events and device attributes and provides alerts.
- It provides on-demand and scheduled speed tests.
- Domotz gives up to date reporting on data like WiFi signal level, noise value reporting, and health measures.
- You can connect your device remotely and resolve issues.
14) Essential NetTools
Essential NetTools is a collection of network scanning, administrator, security, and tools. These tools help you to scan an active network port within a specific range of IP addresses.
- It displays PC's network connections, including the information on UDP, and open TCP ports.
- You can scan a network within a given range of IP addresses.
- It can monitor and logs external connections to your PC's shared resources.
- This ip scanner tool allows you to perform many security checks on your network and individual computers.
- It automatically checks if a host computer is alive and running network services.
- Essential NetTools displays the list of running processes with necessary details on the manufacturer, process ID, and program location.
LogicMonitor is one of the network scanner tools which traces your applications' predefined data sources to monitor, graph, and alert you about all the trends and events in a single resource for effective application management.
- You can work with Windows or Linux operating systems.
- Get alerts from any browser.
- This tool provides email, phone, and SMS alerts.
- Alert routing to notify specific groups.
- It offers performance graphs.
- You can manage users according to the role.
Nikto is one of the best best network scanner tools that analysis web servers for more than 7000 potentially dangerous applications. This tool identifies server configuration items, such as the presence of multiple index files and HTTP server options.
- It provides HTTP proxy support
- The tool automatically searches outdated server components.
- You can save reports in plain text, HTML, XML, NBE, or CSV.
- It provides a template engine for report customization.
- It allows you to scan multiple servers and ports.
- Host authentication with Basic and NTLM.
- Authorization guessing handles any directory.
17) SoftPerfect Network Scanner
- This ip scanner tool supports both IPV4 and IPV6.
- SoftPerfect network scanner detects hardware MAC-addresses and internal or external IP addresses.
- You can get system information via remote registry, WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) file system, and service manager.
- Scan for TCP ports, UDP, and SNMP services.
- It enables you to export result to XML JSON, HTML, TXT, and CSV format.
- This software can be run from a USB flash drive without setup.
Nexpose Rapid 7 is one of the network scanner tools which monitors your network in real time and finds new threats. It collects data from your computer and makes it easy for you to manage malicious activity.
- It provides a real time view of risk.
- This tool provides the necessary details to fix any network issues.
- It automatically detects and assesses new devices
- You can integrate it with the Metasploit penetration testing framework.
❓ What is a Network Scanner?
A network scanner is a software tool or application that scans the network for the security misconfigurations in the network devices. The network scanner tool also detects and categorizes all devices in a network by their IPs, MAC addresses, vendor, port, etc.
⚡ Which factors should you consider while selecting the Best Network Scanning Tools?
You should consider the following factors before selecting network scanner tools.
- Quality of Customer support.
- The cost involved in training employees on the tool.
- License cost, if applicable.
- Product features meet your requirements.
- Compatibility of network scanner tool.
- Hardware/Software requirements of the IP and Network Scanner Tool.
- Support and Update the policy of the IP Scanner tool.
- Reviews of the company.