Firewalls are software programs which are used to improve the security of computers. It protects a private network or LAN from unauthorized access. The purpose of having a firewall installed on your computer, phone, or tablet is to protect against malware threats that exist on the internet or other connected networks.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Free Firewall Software, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source(free) and commercial(paid) software.
1) GlassWire Firewall
GlassWire is a free network monitor and security tool using a built-in firewall. This firewall software can see your past and present network activity.
- Offers add-on Internet security to your computer or server by visualizing all past and present networking data
- Allows you to block the program in one click
- It helps you to keep track of your daily, weekly, or monthly bandwidth usage.
- This software provides multiple remote server monitoring
2) Comodo Free Firewall
Comodo is a free firewall software that provides the technology solutions that secure and preserve that experience. The tool offers a fast and hassle-free online experience for users.
- Offers fast and hassle-free online experience
- Manages traffic on your PC
- Helps you to block all types of internet attacks
- DDP-based security keeps you informed and make your PCs safe
- Secures all connections when you are online
- Monitors in/out connections
3) ZoneAlarm Free Firewall
ZoneAlarm software helps you to protect your computer system by offers the best firewall solutions. It also protects your system against inbound and outbound cyber-attacks.
- Monitors programs for suspicious activities in your computer system and shields you from hackers
- Helps you to detect whether your PC is running a trusted operating system or a dangerous rootkit
- Protects your private information from phishing attacks
- Targets and prevent new and advanced attacks like data access, timing.
- Able to tackle all kind of trick that malicious software can use to bypass personal firewall
- Helps you to control and configure the firewall to get maximum security
Evoriam is a free firewall software that identifies threats and protects the privacy of your website. This website controls every program on your computer by permit or denies access to the Internet.
- Prevent your site invaders from gaining access to your computer
- Regulate the access to the network and Internet according to a specific application
- If a non-authorize program wants to access the internet, you will receive a notification immediately
- Protects against tracking and monitoring of internet users with the help of cookies and other techniques.
TinyWall is an advanced firewall built into modern Windows systems. The software also prevents malicious programs from modifying the settings of the Windows Firewall.
- Multiple and easy ways to whitelist programs
- Offers firewall tampering protection
- Easily create exceptions with the auto-learn feature.
- Password lockdown of settings
- Support for temporary and timed firewall
- Hosts file protection
- Offers an option to restrict an application to the LAN
- Helps you to the recognition of safe software and frauds
6) AVS Firewall
AVS Firewall is used to protect your computer against hacker attacks. This firewall protection software helps you to secure your PC against malware, filter applications to prevent unauthorized intrusions.
- Protect your PC registry every time any suspicious attempt to change the registry contents takes place.
- Switch on the anti-banner feature and block unwanted flash advertisings, banners, and popups.
- Offers feature of parent control making a whitelist of URLs and websites that you wants to view and work with
- Allows you to create your own personalize firewall rules for each program and application
- It will also enable you to view and control the traffic volume.
- View alerts when any application tries to connect to the net from your PC.
Norton AntiVirus Plus is ideal for 1 PC or Mac for offers real-time threat protection against malware, spyware, phishing attacks, and other online threats. The software is designed to provide multiple layers of security for your PC or Mac, including firewall protection.
- Real-time threat protection
- Helps you to generate, store, and manage your passwords, credit or debit card information and other credentials
- Helps you to monitor communications between your computer and other computers
Untangle NG Firewall simplifies network security with a single, modular, software platform designed according to the need of your organization.
- Simplified management of your dispersed networks from a single pane of glass
- Allows you to manger your backups, auditing logs, licensing and renewals
- Integration with endpoint security partners
9) Avast Endpoint Firewall
Avast Endpoint is a firewall protection tool that helps you to find out vulnerabilities in third-party applications. It also makes it easy to deploy patches from the Avast Business to your system.
- Helps you to manage PCs, Macs, and servers from a single place
- Schedule tasks in advance to make all devices control at all times
- Prevent dangerous websites, set templates, and group devices
- Most comprehensive reports of threats and malware
- Invite other administrators and set personalized notifications
10) Azure Firewall
Azure Firewall provides network security to protect your network resources. It also offers a feature of threat intelligence-based filtering. It also allows preventing traffic from malicious domains and IP addresses.
- Provides high availability and unrestricted cloud scalability
- You can create, enforce and log application and network connectivity policies
- Allows source and destination Network Address Translation
- Support for hybrid connectivity through deployment behind ExpressRoute Gateways and VPN
- Offers integrated with Azure Monitor for logging and analytics
11) Mcafee Firewall
Macfree firewalls allow your PC and other devices and closely watch network traffic. It also allows you to capture malicious programs before they reach your computer.
- Prevent various type of viruses, malware, and ransomware from infecting your computer and mobile devices
- Helps you to secure our firewall and block hackers from accessing your home network
- Helps you to store and manage all your online passwords in a single location
- Keep sensitive files private by storing them on your system with 256-bit encryption