What is QTP/UFT?
QTP is an automated functional Testing tool that helps testers to execute automated tests in order to identify any errors, defects or gaps in contrary to the expected results of the application under test. It was designed by Mercury Interactive and later on acquired by HP and now MicroFocus. Full form of QTP is QuickTest Professional while UFT means Unified Functional Testing.
Why QTP is the best testing tool?
- It is an icon-based tool that automates the regression and Functional Testing of an application
- Both technical, as well as a non-technical tester, can use Micro Focus QTP
- It provides both features- Record as well as Playback
- We can test Desktop as well as the Web-based applications
- It allows Business Process Testing (BPT)
- QTP Testing is based on scripting language VB script
- Micro Focus’s UFT uses VBScript to automate applications
- It supports the largest pool of software development environments like SAP, Oracle etc..
- QTP tool helps the testers to perform an automated functional testing uninterrupted.
Click here if the video is not accessible
Advantages of QTP Automation
- It supports record and playback
- It uses an active screen to record scripts and helps tester in referring the screen object properties
- It has excellent object identification process or mechanism
- It supports different add-ins like Oracle, Java, SAP, NET, Web Forms, People soft, etc..
- It allows you to enhance the existing tests even without the AUT through an active screen
- It supports popular automation frameworks- keyword driven testing approach, modular testing approach, data-driven testing approach, etc..
- It comes with an inbuilt IDE
- It can be integrated with Test management tools like Quality Center, Test Director, and Winrunner
- Different types of suites like Smoke, Regression, Sanity can be easily maintained
- It supports XML
- Test reporting is possible through QTP for analysis purpose
- Easy to maintain
Features of the latest version of QTP/UFT
The latest version of QTP/UFT (Unified Functional Testing) includes new features
Note: The training have been recorded using QTP version 9.5 but you may use any higher or lower versions for your learning purposes. For All Hands On in these training, we will be using “Flight Reservation” Application which comes bundled with QTP