CSTE Certification Guide with Study Material
What is CSTE?
Full Form of CSTE is "Certified Software Test Engineer." The Certified Software Tester(CSTE) certification is intended to establish standards for the initial qualification and provide direction for the Testing function through an aggressive educational program. It is an internationally recognized certification offered by QAI.
Candidates are tested on their knowledge and practice of the skill areas defined in the Software Testing STBOK. The exam itself consists of two parts:
- Parts 1- Multiple choices (100 questions each - objective / 75 minutes time limit)
- Parts 2- Short answer / essay (12 questions each - subjective / 75 minutes time limit).
The passing mark is 70% which is the average score of both parts.
What is the Eligibility Criteria?
To qualify for candidacy, each applicant must meet ONE of four prerequisites:
- A 4 year degree from an accredited college-level institution and 2 years' experience in the information services field
- A 3 year degree from an accredited college-level institution and 3 years' experience in the information services field
- A 2 year degree from an accredited college-level institution and 4 years' experience in the information services field
- Six years' experience in the information services field
Are working, or have worked at any time within the prior 18 months, in the field within covered by the certification designation.
What is the Curriculum?
The curriculum is known as the Software Testing Body of Knowledge for CSTE(STBOK). You get your copy of STBOK once you register.
What is the Exam Fees?
$350 (INCLUDES PDF version of STBOK)
$420.00 (includes PDF version of STBOK Plus hard copy and CD)
Where can I take the Examination?
You can take the test in all Pearson VUE worldwide (Computer Based, online exam).
Where can I study from?
You can go though our Software Testing tutorials which will aid you in your CSTE studies. Tutorials consists of case studies
Take the mock CSTE Certification Test.