iMacros is a leading tool for web automation, scraping and testing. It offers a browser extension and desktop tool to automate your mundane tasks easily. However, the key features required for automation are available only in a premium version. iMacros has few other drawbacks.
Here, is a curated list of top 10 tools which can replace iMacros. This list includes commercial as well as open-source automation tools with popular features and latest download link.
Ranorex Webtestit delivers out-of-the-box web test automation for Selenium or Protractor, using Java or TypeScript: dramatically reducing your configuration overhead. The product saves you vital time with automatic creation of page objects, UI element locators, and boilerplate code; built-in test reporting, and more. You can distribute cross-browser tests to local WebDriver endpoints, a Selenium Grid, or a cloud-based provider. And, as you would expect with a Ranorex product, the customer support is second to none.
- Automatically applies best practices such as the Page Object pattern
- Manages scaffolding of a test framework
- Instant generation of UI selectors
- Produces robust and maintainable test suits
HeadSpin is the world's first Connected Intelligence PlatformTM that provides Web, Mobile, IoT, and 5G solutions to unify testing, monitoring, and analytics across applications, devices, and networks. HeadSpin empowers development, QA, operations, and product teams to optimize connected experiences and ensure digital business success.
- Access to 300+ devices over 30+ countries on shared device cloud:
- Remote Debugging
- Real SIM-enabled Android and iOS devices
- 500+ parallel tests
- Regression Testing
- Localization Testing
- Locally debugging and code profiling
Selenium is an open-source web automation tool, currently in demand, and widely used tool in the market. It can automate across multiple OS Like Windows, Mac, and Linux and browsers like Firefox, Chrome, IE, as well as Headless Browsers.
Cypress is an open source test automation solution for web environments. This tool is closely aligned with current development practices when compared with Selenium.
- Test status menu feature allows seeing how many tests passed or failed
- Cypress automatically waits for commands and assertions before moving on
- Allows checking responsive sites with viewport sizing.
- It takes snapshots of a test run. For headless execution, it takes video of an entire test run.
- Cypress automatically reloads every change made in the tests
- Command Log and the app preview shows the precise automation actions on the web app during test execution.
5) Galen framework
Galen framework was initially introduced for the testing layout of web-applications in a real browser. Today it has become a fully functional testing framework. This automation test tool can be integrated with Selenium for visual and layout testing of web applications.
- HTML Based Error reporting with screenshots
- Easy to write/read syntax
- It offers multiple browsers support
- Using Galen specs language, you can describe any complex layout including different screen sizes or browsers.
- Galen Framework runs well in Selenium Grid. This allows to set up tests to run in a cloud-like Sauce Labs or BrowserStack
- Image Comparison feature.
Watir is an open source Ruby library for automating the test. It supports functional and regression web tests.
- It supports web app irrespective of what it is developed in.
- It supports multiple browsers on different platforms
- Watir is a family of Ruby libraries, but it supports all other technologies
- It uses Ruby, a full-featured modern scripting language, rather than a proprietary vendor script
7) Silk Test
Silk Test is a functional and regression automation testing tool from MicroFocus.
Silk Test Provides 3 products Workbench, Silk4J, and Silk4NET. Workbench use VB.net scripting language, Silk4J & Silk4NET can use Java/VB.NET, C#, etc
SilkTest supports Cross-browser testing, Mobile testing & provides Collaborative test design environment via Keyword driven testing.
8) Telerik Test Studio
It supports 2 scripting language C# and VB.Net
Test Studio can connect with source control systems like Team Foundation Server and GIT and execute Continuous Testing.
Telerik allows you to schedule tests, execute testing in parallel and has robust test reporting features.
9) HP UFT (aka QTP)
HPE Unified Functional Test is leading cross-platform automation testing tool. It can automate Web, Desktop, SAP, Delphi, Net, ActiveX, Flex, Java, Oracle, Mobile, PeopleSoft, PowerBuilder, Siebel, Stingray, Visual Basic amongst other applications. The list is of development environment it can automate is huge!
UFT uses VBScript as the scripting language.
The tool is tightly integrated with HP ALM (Test Management Tool) and HP LoadRunner (Performance Testing Tool)
Some of the distinguishing features of UFT include Business Process Testing, keyword driven framework, XML support, robust checkpoints, test results.
10) WorkSoft Certify
WorkSoft Certify is an automation testing tool for SAP. It can test and automate SuccessFactors, Concur, Syclo, Ariba Network, SAP Fiori User Experience (UX)
WorkSoft Certify can run tests unattended and automate end to end business process. The tool can be deployed even if a SAP project is in implementation, upgrade or maintenance stage.
WorkSoft Certify maintains a central test object repository such the test script maintenance, and reuse becomes easy. It provides integrated test data management tool.
11) Katalon Studio
Katalon Studio is a open-source automation tool and supports the web and mobile environment.
It works on top on Selenium and Appium, thereby enhancing those frameworks with features like object spy, user-friendly IDE, object repository & browser plugin
The tool uses Groovy as the scripting language & support external Java library. Katalon allows you to re-use Selenium scripts written in Java and use directly in the tool. It works seamlessly with Continuous Integration systems like Jenkins, Bamboo, and TeamCity.
Cucumber is an open-source Behavior Driven Development (BDD) tool. Cucumber supports languages like Ruby, Java, Scala, Groovy, etc.
Drafting test scripts is a joint effort of testers, developer, and customers. Cucumber supports only the web environment. Test code is written in simple English called Gherkin. Cucumber code can be executed on different frameworks like Selenium, Ruby, etc
The focus of cucumber is the end-user experience.