In this tutorial, you will learn-
- GL Posting in SAP using Cost Center
- Post To Cost Center in SAP
GL Posting in SAP using Cost Center
We will take a sample business transaction for the posting.
Post General Ledger 5000 units of local currency are drawn from the house bank account in cash and put into petty cash.
Step 1) Enter transaction code
In the first step, Enter the transaction code FB50
Step 2) Enter Basic Data
In the next screen, Enter the document date in header part.
Step 3) Click on Company Code
Next select button Company Code
Step 4) Enter Company Code
Enter the Company Code for the Transaction
In the Item details part, Enter the following
- Enter Cash Account to be Debit
- Select Debit
- Enter Amount to be debited
- Enter Bank account to be Credited
- Select Credit
- Enter Amount to be Credited
Step 5) Amount Information
Now check the status of the Document in Amount Information section
Step 6) Status Bar Document number
In the Status Bar Document number is generated which confirms Document Posting.
Post To Cost Center in SAP
Step 1) Enter Transaction Code FB50 in the SAP Command Field
Step 2) In the next screen , Enter the Following
- Enter the Document date
- Enter the Company code
- Enter G/L Account for the Debit Entry which is to be posted to the Cost Center
- Enter Debit Amount
- Enter the Cost Center in which the Amount is to be posted
- Enter G/L Account for Credit Entry
- Enter Credit Amount
Step 3) Press ‘Save’ Button for the SAP Standard Toolbar to post the Document
Step 4) Check the Status bar for the Document Number of the Successful Entry.