Grammarly is a widely used tool for checking grammar and plagiarism. It offers numerous writing styles, suggestions for grammar, vocabulary, and syntax.
However, this tool does not help you to find all misuses of correctly spelled, but misplaced words. It sometimes does not recognize poorly constructed sentences.
There are many Grammarly alternatives available in the market. Here, is a curated list of Top Grammarly alternatives. The list contains both free as well as paid tools.
1) Slick Write:
SlickWrite highlight mistakes made in your paragraphs such as redundant sentences, passive voice, adverbs, and common starting words, repeated words, etc.
It offers multiple integrated options. When you select a word, popup appears at the bottom where you can find associate words, and the thesaurus or the dictionary definition.
As of now free tool. No premium plans are available.
- Display key Statistics
- Prepositional Phrase Index
- Allows you to check Readability Index
- The flow of your content structure, sentence length, and word length
Visit Link: https://www.slickwrite.com/#!home
It is one of the top Grammarly alternatives when your primary concern is the pricing. It allows you to check grammar, readability and plagiarism related issues. This feature-rich tool is available in both free and premium versions.
The pricing for a ProWritingAid premium account ranges between $50 (for an annual plan) and $175 (for a lifetime).
- Offers detailed report on all grammar errors
- Runs a readability analysis allows you to test how easy it is to read and understand your draft
- Provides a thesaurus for word suggestions
- Supports Mac and Windows devices
- You can Integrate with MS Word, Gmail, Open Office, Google Docs, Google Chrome, etc.
Visit Link: https://prowritingaid.com
3) After The Deadline
After the Deadline is a free-to-use grammar and spellcheck application for the web. This tool helps you to detect errors and provides smart suggestions for your content.
A free tool, no premium, or paid plans are available.
- Offers an open-source code
- Advanced style checking
- Contextual spelling check
- Misused words detecting
- Grammar checking
- Errors explanation
Visit Link: https://www.afterthedeadline.com/
The Hemmingway editor was designed in such a way that it is less concerned about spelling and punctuation. The tool put more empathize on readability. This grammar checker tool targets lengthy sentences, wrong use of adverbs, and complicated words.
Basic web app version is free. However, you need to pay $19.99 to download the app.
- Clean, and easy to use interface
- Doesn't require an internet connection
- Helps you to break your large size sentences into small part to make it more readable.
- Improves readability for the average user
- Suggestions and pointers are very detailed
Visit Link: http://www.hemingwayapp.com
Writefull offers you feature that helps you to improve the quality and consistency of your writing.
Writefull provides quick feedback on your writing by checking your text against large databases of languages such as Google Books, Google Scholar, Google News, and others.
Free and open-source tool. There is no premium plan.
- Allows you to hear text pronounced
- Find out common words used in the article
- Check synonyms of a given word
- Helps you to translate your text into the English language
Visit Link: https://writefullapp.com/
6) Virtual Writing
It is another important Grammarly check tool. The tool is widely used by bloggers, writers, and other professionals. Virtual Writing Tutor uses spelling, grammar, punctuation, paraphrase, and vocabulary checkers. It also offers a word count feature which shows the number of words in an essay, article, or any other content.
- Checks and enrich vocabulary
- Clichés and power words
- Field-related vocabulary
- Target structures
- Grammar error correction games
Visit Link: https://virtualwritingtutor.com/
7) Online Correction
OnlineCorrection.com tool allows you to find and highlights, spelling errors. It also highlights many gramma and style-related mistake. Proofreading any text with the help of this tool is easy as it provides a minimalist design, which is easy to navigate and fast.
OnlineCorrection.com is a free-to-use grammar checker so you don't require to pay any fees for this tool.
- Check Grammar and spelling errors
- Stylistic hints
- Check stylistic issues
- Offers suggestions for sentence construction and vocabulary
- Supports English dialects
Visit Link: https://www.onlinecorrection.com/
8) Druide Antidote
Antidote is a powerful French and English language, a grammar checker. It offers error analysis, grammar diagnostics, an online dictionary, and much more. You can run this tool either standalone or with Microsoft Word.
US$129.95 pricing for a one-year subscription. After that, you can renew for one language at the prices of US$59.00 and French and English by paying US$99.00.,
- Advanced corrector with smart filters
- Multiple dictionaries with powerful search tools
- Clear and detailed language guides
- Punctuation: Excessive or missing commas
- One-click correction of all typographical errors
- Detailed syntactic analysis of sentences
- Allows you to display bold, italic and emojis
Visit Link: https://www.antidote.info/en/buy
PaperRater software offers grammar, spelling, and action check. The tool also offers a feature of plagiarism checker. However, in a free plan, you will be only able to know what percentage of your text is copied. However, it doesn't display an actual line of text.
Their basic plan is free, and it's premium plan cost you $11.21/mo and $71.55 per year.
- Grammar & spelling check
- Plagiarism check Integrated into proofreader
- Provides ad-free results
- Most accurate writing suggestions
Visit Link: https://www.paperrater.com/
10) Grammar Check:
GrammarCheck is an elementary writing application. It is a web-hosted service that has functions which help you to write their content more effectively and flawlessly. You can check your text by directly type or copy-paste a write-up into a given dialog box.
GrammarCheck is a free online service. You don't require to pay anything to use this tool.
- Basic grammar and spelling checking
- Web-hosted and easy to access anytime and anywhere
- Easy-to-use via simple copy-pasting of content
- Display info about the capitalization, punctuation and spelling rules
Visit Link: https://www.grammarcheck.net/editor/