What is CSQA?
CSQA stands for Certified Software Quality Analyst.
This course is provided by QAI Global Institute for IT professionals, for them who want to Excel in the field of software quality and methodologies.
Which certification course should I go for?
Selection of certification is commonly confusing topic for naïve software analyst. They are pretty much unsure about what the course details are and which one is for them.
There are two certificate course
It is not that one is better than other, but it is just different in their expertise levels. The former one is for beginners while the later one is for experienced ones or experts.
|1||CSTE (Certified Software Tester): It is for them who are at the beginning of their software testing career and want to evaluate their testing skills. Refer this CSTE Certification Guide for in detail.|| |
|2||CSQA (Certified Software Quality Analyst): It is for experienced testers, who are both in QC (Quality Control) and QA (Quality Assurance)|| |
How will it benefit to the candidate?
- It improves or sharpens your QA skills
- You will do QA task with confidence and without much error
- This course will not increase your value as a QA but also as an employee
- For career growth, it works out well
How does it work?
This certification course test the competence level of the tester in the principles and practices of Quality Assurance (QA) in the IT profession. These practices are defined by the certification board as the common body of knowledge (CBOK). This CBOK is divided into 10 skill categories, which covers everything you need to master the QA world.
List of Categories
|Skill-Category||Name of the modules|
|1||Quality Principles and Concepts|
|6||Define, Build, Implement and Improve Work Processes|
|7||Quality Control Practices|
|8||Metrics and Measurement|
|9||Internal Control and Security|
|10||Outsourcing, COTS, and Contracting Quality|
Certification Preparation Steps
- Take about 4-6 months of preparation time
- Choose your nearest test center at the date
- Obtain the CBOK, which you will receive once you register for certification
- CBOK carries all the information about the test
- The exam is separated into 2 sections multiple choice and essay questions. Exam duration is about 2.5 hours, and you need 70% score to pass in each section
- The cost of the exam is $350 or $420
Tips & Tricks to clear exam
- Give yourself enough time for preparation
- Do not treat your professional experience and CBOK knowledge as two different aspects. Figure it out how the QA processes that you are currently following are different or similar to the guidelines mentioned in the CBOK
- Try to apply the CBOK guideline in practical and see how it helps you
- To improve your QA standard adapt the CBOK guideline to your testing and record your observations
- Absorb each bit of CBOK, and there is no reason left to fail the exam
- For study material refer our Manual Testing Tutorial.
This certification is quite useful and valuable for those who are really looking testing as their career. The only concern with this course is the cost. However, you have to consult with your companies about the learning policies, and they may cover the certification cost.