Workflow management software is a software application that provides flexible tools to improve how you work. It offers you the ability to create and optimize workflow in an ideal way, find redundant tasks, identify potential areas of improvement, rectify to achieve new levels of efficiency.
This type of process management software helps you manage your workflow, create a custom workflow, define stages, synchronize tasks in every stage, and create, assign, and review tasks. It also helps you to ease various other workflow management tasks.
Here is a curated list of Top Workflow Management Tools with their popular features, pros and cons, key statistics, and website links. The project management software list contains both open source(free) and commercial (paid) software.
|Name||Mobile Access||Drag & Drop Interface||Link|
|Monday||iPhone and Android||Yes||Learn More|
|ClickUp||iOS and Android||Yes||Learn More|
|Zapier||Android, and iOS||Yes||Learn More|
|Wrike||iOS and Android||Yes||Learn More|
|Kissflow||iPhone and Android||Yes||Learn More|
Best for: Collaborate with your team in one shared workspace.
Monday.com is one of the best workflow management systems that offers a clean interface with colour-coded features. This workflow process software is suitable for big or small teams. It also provides a user-friendly mobile app and highly customizable workflows. It offers coloured timelines and options to sync timelines with the calendar.
- Offers dashboards that allow macro-level views of projects
- Easy integrations with dozens of platforms like Slack and Google Drive
- It also helps you to collaborate with your team in one shared workspace
- It provides your team to stay on track with sprints
- It offers services in multiple languages
- Add your action items reorder based on priority
- It allows you to assign team members to each action item and monitor your plan’s progress at every stage
- Pricing: Four Pricing plans: 1) Individual–$0 per month, 2) Standard – $10 per month, 3) Pro – $16 per month, 4) Enterprise/quote-based
- Supported platforms: Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android.
- It offers unlimited users and boards.
- It offers a Kanban-style visual layout.
- Allows you to handle complex projects.
- Provides services in multiple languages
- You can integrate it with your existing tools and get more things done in less time.
- It allows you to bring your team coloration anywhere and anytime.
- The subtask addition process can be difficult.
- You can add a few users costs you extra money.
Best for: Most versatile tool on the market with a free forever plan.
ClickUp is a highly customizable project management software that allows you to create your custom views. This free workflow management tool offers highly comprehensive time and task management and facilitates collaboration between business units. You can set priorities for the work with no hassle.
- Provides a customer-centric approach.
- It offers a highly efficient dashboard view.
- This app allows you to assign and resolve comments to tasks.
- You can add headers, bullets, colours, and more to customize your important notes.
- Allows you to access notes from your browser or mobile device.
- It enables you to create a highly visualize dashboard.
- Allows you to create custom dashboards.
- Enables you to sort tasks by project.
- Pricing: Two pricing plans: 1) Free Plan, 2) Unlimited plan for $5 per month.
- Supported platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, etc.
- You can import documents from other apps automatically.
- It helps you to assign multiple tasks with just one mouse click.
- Enables you to sort tasks by project.
- You can sync with Google Calendar.
- It allows you to filter and search for a specific task with ease.
- It provides plenty of integrations for connecting with productivity tools.
- Does not offer great reporting features.
- Not an ideal project management tool for a small project.
Best for: Automates all the applications to boost the workflow.
Zapier is a web-based solution that enables companies to connect various applications to automate workflow and boost productivity. It provides the right set of workflow process tools to accomplish more with less effort and errors. It enables you to build entire workflows using over 500 integrations, from email marketing and document sharing and project management.
- Instant customized notifications
- Thousands of custom templates
- Certified experts for complex automation
- Two-factor authentication
- AWS GuardDuty threat detection
- Integrations: Gmail, Dropbox, Trello, and Slack
- Pricing plans: 1) Free $0 2) Starter- $20/month 3) Professional- $50/month 4) Professional Plus- $125/month
- Supported platforms: Web, Android, and iOS
- Zapier helps you to move info between your web apps automatically.
- Build one-to-one connections with your apps
- It allows you to create conditional workflows.
- It helps you to automate basic tasks.
- You will get help from a top-notch support team.
- Some rule-based automation requires external services.
- No visual display of the zaps.
Best for: Holistic, comprehensive task modelling.
Wrike is a smart workflow management software that allows originations to manage the projects and teams with a cloud-based modern process management platform. It allows you to do the assignments automatically by considering the availability of time. This project management tool helps the team to lead can manage team efforts, track progress, and view the performance of team members.
- Wrike provides 14 days free trial
- It has a simple interface that enables users to switch between Kanban boards interactive drag-and-drop Gantt charts for visualizing priorities
- It offers users to edit the document in online mode
- Integrations: Salesforce, Dropbox, Slack, and Adobe Creative Cloud offer an open API
- Supported platforms: iOS and Android
- Price: $9.80/user/per month
- Enables you to customize planning and storage.
- Holistic, comprehensive task modelling.
- Offers various different ways to view the same data
- Wrike offers more than 400 native integrations. Including popular file management software from Microsoft, Google, and Dropbox,
- Users can customize workflows, dashboards, reports, and request forms.
- Not tailored for small organizations
- It has a steep learning curve.
Best for: It offers 50+ ready-to-use apps to streamline processes of your business.
Kissflow is an easy-to-use workflow management solution with features like visual process design and social collaboration. It allows users to prioritize work and easily delegate work to team members. You will get instant notifications when an item is complete or requires action. It also helps you handle complex decision branches and make instant changes as required.
- Provides enterprise mobility and ad hoc allocation of task responsibilities.
- Real-time information on every process is presented in a user-understandable summary format.
- Provides robust and extensive APIs to make cross-system orchestration possible.
- Automated assignments and notifications.
- Digital and printable process audit.
- It allows you to generate custom reports, use dashboards, and derive actionable insights.
- Integrations: Google Drive, Dropbox, Salesforce, Web merge, etc.
- Pricing: Three Pricing plans 1) Basic – $16 per user per month, 2) Advanced – $22 per use- per month, 3) Fully Loaded – $30 per user/per month.
- Supported platforms: Web-based, iPhone and Android.
- Holistic, comprehensive task modelling.
- Offers community feedback voting for roadmap features.
- Kissflow is highly intuitive and requires little to no effort to learn.
- Easily connected with G-suite, and users can use its open API to integrate with any other tool.
- Offers advanced reporting features like KPI dashboards and ad-hoc reports configuration.
- It helps you to build and manage business processes across departments.
- Does not offer Drag-and-drop Builder.
- Not have proper comment systems.
Best for Simple workflow management software
Process Street is a highly accurate workflow management tool, and it is one of the best workflow management tools for your team’s repeated tasks. This open-source workflow tool allows you to create, track and optimize business process management across your organization. It is easily tracking your team’s progress and collaboration.
- Enables you to run processes as collaborative workflows.
- Provides process control & analysis.
- Offers fast and effective workflow management.
- It helps you to integrate over 1000+ apps easily.
- Pricing: Four Pricing plans: 1) Basic plan – $12.50 per-user per month 2) Standard plan – $25 per user per month 3) Enterprise plan – Contact Customer Care.
- Support: Email, Phone Support, and Chat.
- Supported platform: Web, iOS.
- You can run processes as collaborative workflows.
- Offers fast and effective workflow management.
- You can run multiple instances of templates as checklists.
- It helps you to track your team’s progress and collaborate.
- You can run multiple instances of templates as checklists.
- Only provide 14 days free trial.
Hive is another well-known and highly reputable workflow management solution. It is trusted by companies like Google, Toyota, Starbucks, IBM, and more. This is a versatile software that can be used by various business organizations and accountants. It also allows team members to switch between Gantt, kanban, calendar, and table views, based on project or preference.
- Automated workflows
- Project summary views
- Proofing and approvals
- Integrated communication tools
- Easy document and video proofing
- Document and video proofing
- Pricing: Hive costs $12 per user per month, billed annually
- Supported platforms: Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS
- It can be integrated with various apps, so you will be able to manage all the work from one platform.
- Helps to query larger datasets residing in distributed storage
- Multiple users can simultaneously query the data using Hive-QL.
- It provides the structure of a variety of data formats.
- You can use covert a variety of formats from within. Hive is simple and possible.
- It’s not designed for online transaction processing.
- Hive does not have support for sub-queries.
- It’s not designed for Online transaction processing
Pipefy is an intelligent workflow process software that helps teams request data, execute tasks, and report successes throughout their projects and campaigns. You can have a complete view of your processes.
It also allows you to create a seamless workflow through processes and centralize information of your organization. It offers features to digitize unstructured business data, and it offers visibility into workflows from across the organization when needed.
- It helps to automate the processes that are not in RPA.
- You can easily streamline your approvals.
- Plug-and-play templates that can help structure overall workflows and processes.
- Data-driven decision making and improved visibility.
- Integrations: Airtable, Basecamp Box, Trello, Zoom, etc.
- Pricing: Four Pricing plans: 1) Free, 2) Business plan- $18 per user/month, 3) Enterprise plan- $30 per user/month, 4) Custom plan.
- Customer Support: Chat and Phone.
- Supported platforms: Mac and Windows.
- It helps you to centralize and streamline your workflows by automating manual tasks.
- Create standard workflows and automation rules.
- It helps you to analyse workflow efficiency, track results and drive better decisions.
- Offers an efficient communication flow with all stakeholders.
- Automatically update external agents about the status of their requests.
- It helps you to gain efficiency through no-code automation
- Offers built-in reporting doesn’t allow to connect with the database.
- You will lose your history if you delete something.
Kintone is an all-in-one custom workflows management platform that allows managers to track, prioritize, and review their team’s tasks for any given workflow, no matter how complex. This platform gives you the power to create tailored workflows for every circumstance using its drag-and-drop interface built for non-coders. It allows you to create workflows you want and easily review tasks that move through them.
- Ability to create automated reminders, filter tasks
- It allows you to view, edit, and update workflows from the platform’s mobile or desktop applications
- It offers a 30-day free trial
- Integration: Slack, Gmail, Google Calendar, Outlook, Tableau, Dropbox, Salesforce, and Hubspot
- Offers discounted plans for education, NGO, and government
- Low code customized & automated workflows.
- Highly comprehensive mobile app.
- It enables you to discuss projects with your team directly in the database.
- Not a tailored application for small organizations.
10) Process Maker
Best for: Automating workflow, communicating with their teams, and achieving more.
ProcessMaker is open-source modern process management (BPM) and workflow software. This workflow management software is designed to automate form-based, approval-driven workflow and improve the way information moves between data and systems. It also offers an intuitive, drag-and-drop interface that is easy to use and highly cost-effective. This free workflow management tool also helps you to scan paper documents and extract metadata from images.
- It enhances and streamlines the flow of data through systems and tasks.
- Improve workflow agility for compliance control and policy management effectiveness.
- Keep business logic from your core applications.
- Digitize your paper forms and requests.
- A low-code platform empowers you to design workflows rapidly.
- Drag-and-drop Builder: Yes.
- Electronic Forms: Yes.
- Ensure good governance of data and keep your Master Data clean
- Automate processes across multiple departments and systems
- Drag & Drop Tasks and Decision Points
- Rapidly Deploy Solutions
- Accelerate Digital Transformation
- Design Elegant Forms and Display Screens
- Does not provide any free plugins.
- Not easy to adopt BPMN 2.0 notation.
Automate.io is a no-code integration tool that helps businesses connect their suite of software tools. It is a workflow management software that seamlessly integrates with your existing cloud applications and automates processes. You can use this one of the best workflow automation tools for simple one-to-syncing data between two apps. This workflow management app connects with 100+ leading cloud and SaaS apps on the market.
- Visually create integrations using the drag & drop interface.
- Format data add conditional logic or time delay into your workflows.
- It offers data security features.
- Pricing: 1) Personal Plan – $9.99 per month 2) Professional Plan- $29 per month 3) Start-up Plan- $49 per month.
- Integrations: Notion, Gmail, Spotify, Salesforce, Podio, Mailchimp, etc.
- Supported platforms: Web-only.
- The platform is the easiest to use across integration software tools.
- It runs on secure HTTPS and all sensitive data.
- You can create and share workflows with your team
- Support for real-time and batch integration
- Pricing plans are limited to just one user.
Integrify is one of the best workflow management tools that provide you with a dedicated account manager. This work automation software can be deployed in a standard cloud, private cloud, or on-premises for those of you who want to maintain your infrastructure. Integrify can be fully customized based on industry or department for specific use cases. It streamlines processes and increases productivity, regardless of technical skill level.
- Unlimited processes and forms
- Easy mobile access
- Free templates
- Real-time task management
- Custom notifications
- Access Controls/Permissions
- Customizable Dashboard
- Drag-and-drop Builder: Yes
- Electronic Forms: Yes
- Pricing: Contact customer care
- Supported platforms: Mac, Windows
- Allows monitoring of the users.
- Flow charts and forms are quite complex.
- It allows you to create custom dashboards
- Quickly build a custom document and file approval workflow
- It offers templates that can be used in real-time.
- Flow charts and forms are quite complex.
13) Process Bliss
Process Bliss offers one of the best workflow management systems with a powerful template builder, systemizing across a business. The tool includes robust template features and an excellent workflow builder. It is very straightforward, quick for new users to understand, and a very powerful tool. You can automate tasks scheduled as recurring to ensure they’re not missed.
- Centralized library for templates with folder permissions.
- Workflow reporting and filtering.
- Powerful workflow template builder.
- Branching logic, attachments, dependent dates & step owners.
- Integration with 2,000+ apps using Zapier.
- Gain clear progress visibility.
- Track & resolve project/process issues.
- Pre-built template workflow library.
- Supported platforms: Web, Android, and iOS devices.
- Pricing: $10/per user a month.
- It offers process analytics and audit logging of all activity and changes.
- It helps you to handle both simple and complex workflow easily.
- Built-in process improvement capabilities.
- Great workflow progress reports.
- Full Template library access to get started quicker.
- The time tracking feature is not built-in.
ProWorkflow offers numerous tools to manage your team’s workflow and ensure you operate efficiently. It offers robust, feature-rich, and easy for anyone to use. This workflow management software helps you integrate with tools you’re already using, like Google Drive, Freshbooks, Xero, QuickBooks, Zapier, and more. It helps you track Gantt chart tasks, Kanban boards, time, documents, communications, quotes, and invoices.
- A powerful way to see a project overview of all projects and tasks.
- Your data remains secure with 128bit encryption in SAS70 Type II compliant data centres.
- Let’s create your applications to connect with your ProWorkflow account.
- You can scale as large or small as needed.
- It lets you see which staff are logged in and what they’re currently tracking time on.
- Pricing: Two pricing plans 1) Professional- $20 per month. 2) Advanced $30 per month.
- Integration: Kashflow, Time Tracker, Desktop widget, and open API.
- Supported platforms: Windows, Mac and Android, and iOS.
- Review your staff workload based on the allocated hours for their tasks
- Offers time tracker widgets for desktop
- Import Contacts from template
- Provides dashboards and status summaries
- Messaging and file sharing
- Messaging tool with one-click replies
- Does not have any pause button on time.
Qntrl is built for people who orchestrate processes for their team, department, or organization. We’ve created the easiest way to bring visibility, control, and automation to your organization’s processes, using powerful, no-code orchestrations that helps you to streamline your workflows in minutes.
- Assign requests automatically
- It helps you to automate parts of the workflow based on conditions or time
- It helps you automate the actions that need to be done after a particular stage is completed
- You can define rules that are applied across multiple orchestrations
- You can send =context-based emails and save them as templates for future use
- Pricing: $7.00/month
- Integrations: Slack, Google Drive, Dropbox, Harvest, etc
- Supported platforms: Web,iOS, and Android
- Manage your daily financial transactions
- Access unified, relevant information throughout a process
- Send reminder letters for overdue payments.
- You will receive regular updates and reports with schedules.
- Offer easy document management allows you to create PDF files.
- Not offers value for money.
How to select the Best Workflow Management Software?
Here are important criteria for selecting the Best Workflow Management Software:
Step 1) Scalability
Workflow management software should be able to handle large volumes of data and processes smoothly.
Step 2) User interface
The user interface should be easy to use and navigate, with all relevant information easily accessible.
Step 3) Integration capabilities
Workflow management software should be able to integrate with other systems in your business, such as accounting and marketing software.
Step 4) Reporting
The reporting features should allow you to track data with granular details.
Step 5) Security
Workflow management software should be secure enough to protect your data from unauthorized access.
❓ What is a Workflow Management Software?
Workflow management software is a software application that provides flexible features to improve the way you work. It gives you the ability to create and optimize workflow in an ideal way, find redundant tasks, identify potential areas of improvement, rectify to achieve new levels of efficiency.
✔️ What are the Best Workflow Management Software?
Following are the Best Workflow Management Software:
⚡ What are the Components of Workflow Management?
Workflow management is a process that helps organizations to manage the work that is required to be done to achieve their goals.
It includes the following components:
- Planning: Workflow planning ensures that all tasks are organized and planned in a way that makes sense and allows for efficient execution.
- Researching: Once the plan has been created, the researcher needs to do some research to find the necessary information. This could involve searching online or talking to other people who may have knowledge about the topic.
- Drafting: After all of the research has been done; the drafts must be written down so that they can be easily edited and revised later on. This allows for errors to be corrected and ensures that everything is properly documented.
- Editing: Once all of the drafts have been finalized, they need to be edited again in order to make sure that they are perfect before being sent off for publication or presentation.
- Publishing or Presenting: If everything goes according to plan, the final step is publishing or presenting the work so that it can be seen by as many people as possible.
- Execution: The workflow execution component ensures that tasks are completed in the correct sequence, on time, and to the required quality level.
- Monitoring and Reporting: The monitoring and reporting component enables managers to track progress, identify problems early, and make necessary adjustments.
🚀 What are the benefits of Efficient Workflow Management?
Here are some benefits of using workflow management software in your organisation:
- It helps to boost productivity.
- It also allows businesses to save money.
- Enhanced workflow management can also lead to improved job satisfaction and better overall work culture.
- Workflow management tools can help create a happier workplace.
- It can help reduce the number of errors made.
- You can reduce the amount of time needed to complete tasks.
🏅 Why should you switch to Workflow Management Software?
Workflow management software (WMS) is a great way to improve the efficiency and accuracy of your business processes.
Here are reasons for switching to workflow management software:
- Improved communication and collaboration between team members.
- Reduced time spent on administrative tasks.
- Increased accuracy and consistency in business processes.
- Improved response times to customer requests.
❗ What Should Workflow Management Software Do?
Here are the Important features of Workflow Management software:
- Automation: This is the most important feature of workflow software. You should opt for an automation tool that automatically assigns tasks, sends push notifications, routing documentation, reducing repetitive processes.
- KPI reports:It is also a very important feature. KPI and metrics reporting not only gives team members insight into their task or project status.
- Deadline tracking:It is a very important feature you should look for that offers colour-coding and dashboard views that display tasks by the due date, which helps you to manage deadlines.
- Integrations:This includes calendars, CMS, development tools, databases, email and communication tools, payment processing apps, and more.
- Price:The best workflow software for you won’t require you to pay for features you don’t need or users you don’t have.
👉 How Are Workflows different from Checklists?
The sequential nature of workflows may resemble checklists, but both these functions are relatively different.
|Workflows are pre-set tasks that involve the creation of checklists.||Checklists include insights about each task and create accountability among team members.|
|You can choose to automate a workflow or embed conditional triggers.||No such feature is available with Checklist.|
|Workflows can be altered or reversed at an earlier stage.||Checklists do not have that option.|
❓ What are the main challenges of Workflow Management?
Here, are some important challenges associated with workflow management, including:
- You need to ensure that all the necessary steps are completed in a correct and timely manner.
- Make sure that all the required information is always available.
- It was maintaining accurate records of all the activities that took place.
- Keep track of the progress of individual projects.
- Meeting deadlines while ensuring the accuracy and quality of the output.
- To keep track of changes that are made to files or documents.