A web crawler is an internet bot that browses WWW (World Wide Web). It is sometimes called as spiderbot or spider. The main purpose of it is to index web pages.
Web crawlers enable you to boost your SEO ranking visibility as well as conversions. It can find broken links, duplicate content, missing page titles, and recognize major problems involved in SEO. There is a vast range of web crawler tools that are designed to effectively crawl data from any website URLs. These apps help you to improve website structure to make it understandable by search engines and improve rankings.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Web Crawler with their popular features and website links to download web crawler apps. The list contains both open source(free) and commercial(paid) software.
Best Web Crawler Tools & Software (Free / Paid)
Semrush is a website crawler tool that analyzed pages & structure of your website in order to identify technical SEO issues. Fixing these issues helps to improve your search performance. Apart from this service, it also offers tools for SEO, market research, SMM and advertising.
- It will test for Metadata, HTTP/HTTPS, Directives, Status codes, Duplicate content, Page response time, Internal linking, Image sizes, Structured data, Site structure, etc
- Provides easy to use interface
- It helps you to analyze log file.
- This application has a dashboard that enables you to view website issues with ease.
- Enables you to audit your website without any hassle.
Hexometer is a web crawling tool that can monitor your website performance. It enables you to share tasks and issues with your team members.
- It can check the security problems of your website.
- Offers intuitive dashboard.
- This application can perform white label SEO.
- Hexometer can optimize for SERP (Search Engine Results Page).
- This software can be integrated with Telegram, Slack, Chrome, Gmail, etc.
- It helps you to keep track of your website changes.
Sitechecker.pro is a website SEO checker that helps you to improve SEO ratings. It provides on-page SEO audit report that can be sent to clients.
- This web crawler tool can scan internal and external links on your website.
- It helps you to test the speed of your site.
- You can visualize the structure of a web page with ease.
- Sitechecker.pro also allows you to check indexing issues on landings pages.
- It enables you to prevent hackers from attack.
ContentKing is an app that enables you to perform real-time SEO monitoring and auditing. This application can be used without installing any software.
- It helps you to structure your site with segments.
- You can monitor your website changes.
- It offers various APIs like Google Search Console and Analytics.
- It provides a user-friendly dashboard.
- It helps you to collaborate with your clients or colleagues.
Link-Assistant is a website crawler tool that provides website analysis and optimization facilities. It helps you to make your site works seamlessly. This application enables you to find out the most visited pages of your website.
- Provides site optimization reports that help you to boost your business productivity.
- You can customize this tool according to your desire.
- Easy to configure your site settings.
- Helps you to make your website search engine friendly.
- It can optimize a site in any language.
#6) Screaming Frog
Screaming Frog is a website crawler that enables you to crawl the URLs. It is one of the best web crawler which helps you to analyze and audit technical and onsite SEO. You can use this tool to crawl upto 500 URLs for free.
- It instantly finds broken links and server errors.
- This free web crawler tool helps you to analyze page titles and metadata.
- You can update and collect data from a web page using XPath (XML Path Language).
- Screaming Frog helps you to find duplicate content.
- You can generate XML Sitemaps (a list of your website’s URLs).
- This list website crawler allows you to integrate with Google Analytics, GSC (Google Search Console) & PSI (PageSpeed Insights).
DeepCrawl is a cloud-based tool that helps you to read and crawl your website content. It enables you to understand and monitor the technical issues of the website to improve SEO performance.
- It supports multi-domain monitoring.
- This online web crawler provides customized dashboards.
- This website crawler tool helps you to index and discover your web pages.
- Deepcrawl enables you to increase the loading speed of your website.
- This app provides a ranking, traffic, and summary data to view the performance of the website.
Scraper is a chrome extension that helps you to perform online research and get data into CSV file quickly. This tool enables you to copy data to the clipboard as a tab-separated value.
- It can fix the issue with spreadsheet titles ending.
- This website crawler tool can capture rows containing TDs (Tabular Data Stream).
- Scraper is easy to use tool for the people who are comfortable with XPath query language.
#9) Visual SEO Studio
Visual SEO Studio is a web crawling tool that crawls exactly like a search spider. It provides a suite to inspect your website quickly.
- It helps you to audit a backlink profile.
- Visual SEO Studio can audit XML Sitemaps by web content.
80legs is a crawling web service that enables you to create and run web crawls through SaaS. It is one of the best Free online Web Crawler tools which consists of numerous server that allows you to access the site from different IP addresses.
- It helps you to design and run custom web crawls.
- This tool enables you to monitor trends online.
- You can build your own templates.
- Automatically control the crawling speed according to website traffic.
- 80legs enables you to download results to the local environment or computer.
- You can crawl the website just by entering a URL.
#11) Dyno Mapper
DYNO Mapper is a web-based crawling software. It helps you to create an interactive visual site map that displays the hierarchy.
- This online Website Crawler tool can track the website from tablets, mobile devices, and desktop.
- This web crawler software helps you to understand the weakness of your website or application.
- Dyno Mapper enables you to crawl private pages of password-protected websites.
- You can track keyword results for local and international keyword rankings.
- It enables developers to develop search engine friendly websites.
Oncrawl is a simple app that analyzes your website and finds all the factors that block the indexation of your web pages. It helps you to find SEO issues in less amount of time.
- You can import HTML, content, and architecture to crawl pages of your website.
- This online web crawler can detect duplicate content on any website.
- This tool can handle robot.txt, a file that tells search engines which pages on your site to crawl.
- You can choose two crawls to compare and measures the effect of new policies on your website.
- It can monitor website performance.
HTTrack is an open-source web crawler that allows users to download websites from the internet to a local system. It is one of the best web spidering tools that helps you to build a structure of your website.
- This site crawler tool uses web crawlers to download website.
- This program provides two versions command line and GUI.
WebHarvy is a website crawling tool that helps you to extract HTML, images, text, and URLs from the site. It automatically finds patterns of data occurring in a web page.
- This free website crawler can handle form submission, login, etc.
- You can extract data from more than one page, keywords, and categories.
- WebHarvy has built-in VPN (Virtual Private Network) support.
- It can detect the pattern of data in web pages.
- You can save extracted data in numerous formats.
- Crawling multiple pages is possible.
❓ What is a Web Crawler?
A Web Crawler is an Internet bot that browses through WWW (World Wide Web), downloads and indexes content. It is widely used to learn each webpage on the web to retrieve information. It is sometimes called a spider bot or spider. The main purpose of it is to index web pages.
💻 Which are the best Website Crawler tools?
Following are some of the best website crawler tools:
❗ What is a Web Crawler used for?
A Web crawler is used to boost SEO ranking, visibility as well as conversions. It is also used to find broken links, duplicate content, missing page titles, and recognize major problems involved in SEO. Web crawler tools are designed to effectively crawl data from any website URLs. These apps help you to improve website structure to make it understandable by search engines and improve rankings.
🏅 How to choose the best Website Crawler?
You should consider the following factors while choosing the best website crawler:
- Easy to use User Interface
- Features offered
- A web crawler must detect robot.txt file and sitemap easily
- It should find broken pages and links with ease
- It must identify redirect issues, and HTTP/ HTTPS issues
- A web crawler should be able to connect with Google Analytics with ease
- It must detect mobile elements
- It should support multiple file formats
- A web crawler must support multiple devices