Vulnerability scanners are automated tools that constantly evaluate the software system’s security risks to identify security vulnerabilities.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Vulnerability Scanning Tools, with its popular features and website links. The list contains both open source(free) and commercial(paid) website vulnerability scanner tools.
Best Web Vulnerability & Security Scanning Tools: Free & Paid
|Acunetix||Free Trial + Paid Plan||Learn More|
|Indusface||Free + Paid Plan||Learn More|
|Security Event Manager||30-Days Free Trial + Paid Plan||Learn More|
|ManageEngine Vulnerability Manager Plus||Free + Paid Plan||Learn More|
|Network Vulnerability Detection||30-Days Free Trial + Paid Plan||Learn More|
Intuitive and easy to use, Acunetix by Invicti helps small to medium-sized organizations ensure their web applications are secure from costly data breaches. It does so by detecting a wide range of web security issues and helping security and development professionals act fast to resolve them.
- Advanced scanning for 7,000+ web vulnerabilities, including OWASP Top 10 such as SQLi and XSS
- Automated web asset discovery for identifying abandoned or forgotten websites
- Advanced crawler for the most complex web applications, incl. multi-form and password-protected areas
- Combined interactive and dynamic application security testing to discover vulnerabilities other tools miss
- Proof of exploit provided for many types of vulnerabilities
- DevOps automation through integrations with popular issue tracking and CI/CD tools
- Compliance reporting for regulatory standards, such as PCI DSS, NIST, HIPAA, ISO 27001, and more.
Indusface WAS provides comprehensive dynamic application security testing tool (DAST). It combines automated scanning to detect OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities and malware along with Manual Pen-Testing done by Cert-In certified security experts.
- New age scanner built for single page applications
- Authentication scans
- Malware Scans & Blacklisting checks
- Network vulnerability scans
- Integrated Dashboard
- Proof of evidence for reported vulnerabilities through proof of concepts.
- Optional AppTrana WAF integration to provide instant virtual patching with Zero False positive
- 24×7 support to discuss remediation guidelines/POC
Security Event Manager is application that improves your security and demonstrates compliance with ease. It offers a centralized log collection facility. This app has a built-in file integrity monitoring facility.
- It has integrated tools for compliance reporting.
- This application offers an intuitive dashboard.
- Provides automated incident response.
- Offers real time log analyzer.
ManageEngine Vulnerability Manager Plus is a prioritization-focused threat and vulnerability management software offering built-in patch management. With its integrated console, it allows you to:
- Assess & prioritize exploitable and impactful vulnerabilities with a risk-based vulnerability assessment.
- Automate & customize patches to Windows, macOS, Linux and over 300 third-party applications.
- Identify zero-days vulnerabilities and implement workarounds before fixes arrive.
- Continually detect & remediate misconfigurations with security configuration management.
- Gain security recommendations to set up your servers in a way that’s free from multiple attack variants.
- Audit end-of-life software, peer-to-peer & insecure remote desktop sharing software and active ports in your network.
Network Vulnerability Detection is a tool that can scan your network device and keep it safe. This application can prevent unauthorized network configuration changes.
- The tool can audit switches and routers for compliance.
- Helps you to save time by automating your network.
- It can quickly recover your network.
- This application can keep your network secure.
- You can build and test the configuration network with no hassle.
Paessler security vulnerability assessment tool has an advanced infrastructure management capability. The tool monitors IT infrastructure using technologies like SNMP, WMI, Sniffing, REST APIS, SQL, and others.
- You can monitor jFlow, sFlow, IP SLA, Firewall, IP, LAN, Wi-Fi, Jitter, and IPFIX.
- It provides alerts via email, plays alarm audio files, or triggering HTTP requests.
- The tool provides Multiple user web interfaces.
- It has automated failover handling.
- You can visualize your network using maps.
- Paessler allows you to monitor networks in various location.
- You can get the numbers, statistics, and graphs for the data you are going to monitor or configuration.
Sitelock is a cybersecurity tool that provides cybersecurity solutions to businesses. It protects your website and its visitors. This app offers a secure VPN for your organization.
- It provides automated malware detection.
- You can scan for unlimited web pages.
- Monitor Google blacklist.
- Scan files with ease.
- This application gives protection from SQL Injection.
- You can scan the web app/plugin.
- It offers a weekly scan report.
8) Nessus Professional
Nessus professional is a vulnerability assessment tool for checking compliance, search sensitive data, scan IPs, and website. This website vulnerability scanner tool is designed to make vulnerability assessment simple, easy, and intuitive.
- It has advanced detection technology for more protection for website security scanning.
- The tool offers complete vulnerability scanning with unlimited assessments for website security check.
- It provides accurate visibility into your computer network.
- Plugins which deliver timely protection benefits from new threats.
- It allows you to migrate to Tenable solutions safely.
- This website vulnerability scanner tool detects SQL injection attack.
Beyond Trust is one of the vulnerability assessment tools which is free vulnerability scanner online that finds configuration issues, network vulnerabilities, and missing patches across applications, devices, virtual environments, and operating systems.
- This open source vulnerability scanner tool has a user-friendly interface for streamlined vulnerability assessment, management, and content.
- It provides patch management.
- Improve risk management and prioritization.
- The tool provides support for VMware that includes virtual image scanning.
- It allows you to integrate with vCenter and scan virtual application for security.
Intruder is a cloud base network vulnerability scanner for your external infrastructure. This tool finds security weaknesses in your computer systems, to avoid data breaches.
- You can synchronize your external IPs and DNS hostnames.
- It is a developer-friendly software which can be integrated with Slack or Jira so that team can know security issues.
- The tool has Network View that helps you to keep track of your exposed ports and services.
- You can receive email and Slack notifications when scans complete, and summary PDF reports emailed on a monthly basis.
- Intruder.io has more than 10,000 security checks for each vulnerability scan.
11) Tripwire IP360
Tripwire IP360 is one of the best vulnerability scanning tools that protects the integrity of mission-critical systems spanning, virtual, physical DevOps, and cloud environments. It delivers critical security controls, including secure configuration management, vulnerability management, log management, and asset discovery.
- Modular architecture that scales to your deployments and needs.
- The tool has on prioritized risk scoring features.
- It helps you to maximize your organization productivity via integrations with various tools you already use.
- Accurately identify, search, and profile all assets on your network.
Wireshark is a tool which keeps watch on network packets and displays them in a human-readable format. The information that is retrieved via this tool can be viewed through a GUI or the TTY mode TShark Utility.
- Live capture and offline analysis
- Rich VoIP analysis
- Compressed Gzip files can be decompressed on the fly
- Output can be exported to plain text, XML, or CSV
- Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
- Live data can be read from PPP/HDLC, internet, ATM, Blue-tooth, Token Ring, USB, and more.
- Decryption support for many protocols that include IPsec, ISAKMP, SSL/TLS, WEP, and WPA/WPA2
- For quick, intuitive analysis, coloring rules can be applied to the packet
- Read or write many different capture file formats like Cisco Secure IDS iplog, Pcap NG, and Microsoft Network Monitor, etc.
OpenVAS is an open source vulnerability scanner that helps you to perform authenticated testing, unauthenticated testing, vulnerability testing, security testing, industrial protocols, and various high level and the low-level Internet and industrial protocols.
- You can perform vulnerability tests with a long history and daily updates.
- This free vulnerability scanner tool includes more than 50,000 vulnerability tests.
- It provides performance tuning and internal programming code to implement any type of vulnerability test you want to perform.
Aircrack is one of the handy tools required to check vulnerability and to make your Wi-Fi network secure. This tool is powered by WEP WPA and WPA 2 encryption Keys which solve vulnerable wireless connections problems.
- More cards/drivers supported
- Provide support to all types of OS and platforms
- New WEP attack: PTW
- Support for WEP dictionary attack
- Protect you from Fragmentation attack
- Improved tracking speed
15) Comodo HackerProof
Comodo HackerProof revolutionizes the way you test your website and app security. It is a website vulnerability scanner that includes PCI Scanning and site inspector for website security check.
- This website security scanner tool is built with the latest technology that invites more interaction, building trust for website.
- Comodo allows the user to present credentials on your website.
- This website vulnerability scanner software product provides more website credibility without changing the layout of web pages.
- 100+ people are associated with Comodo brand.
- Not vulnerable to popup blockers and provides web security scan
- It uses rollover functionality for website security check to tell visitors that the website is trusted.
- Software interrupts your website visitors to take any actions and steal your valuable business.
Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA) provides a streamlined procedure to find common security misconfigurations and missing security updates.
- MBSA scan for update rollups, missing security updates, and service packs available from Microsoft Update.
- The download is available for various languages like English, German, Japanese, and French.
- This tool includes a command-line interface and graphical user interface that performs a local or remote scan of Microsoft Windows Systems.
- Scans agent computer system and inform about missing security patches.
- Places the required MBSA binaries on all MOM agents.
Nikto web vulnerability scanner analysis web servers for 6700+ potentially dangerous programs. This website security scanner tool checks for server configuration items such as HTTP server options, the presence of multiple index files, and will attempt to identify installed web servers and software.
- Full HTTP proxy support for website security scanning
- This web vulnerability scanner tool automatically finds outdated server components.
- Save reports in HTML, plain text, CSV, XML, or NBE.
- It has a template engine for easy report customization for website security check.
- Scan multiple servers or multiple ports on a server.
- Host authentication with Basic, and NTLM for web security scan.
- Authorization guessing handles any directory.
18) Nexpose Community
Nexpose is a useful vulnerability management software. With this tool, you can monitor exposure in real time and adapts to new threats with fresh data.
- Get a real-time view of risk.
- It brings innovative and progressive solutions that help the user to get their jobs done.
- Know where to focus.
- Bring more to your security program
- Provide IT with necessary details they have to fix any issues.
❓ What is Vulnerability?
A vulnerability is a cybersecurity term which describes the weakness in the system security design, process, implementation, or any internal control that may result in the violation of the system’s security policy. In other words, the chance for intruders (hackers) to get unauthorized access.
✅ Which are the Best Website Vulnerability Scanner?
Here are some of the Best Website Vulnerability Scanner:
- Security Event Manager
- ManageEngine Vulnerability Manager Plus
- Network Vulnerability Detection
- Nessus Professional
⚡ What is Vulnerability Assessment?
Vulnerability assessment is a software testing type performed to evaluate the security risks in the software system in order to reduce the probability of a threat.
❗ What is the importance of Vulnerability Assessment in the company?
- Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing (VAPT) helps you to detect security exposures before attackers find them.
- You can create an inventory of network devices, including system information and purpose.
- It defines the risk level, which exists on the network.
- Establish a benefit curve and optimize security investments.