22 BEST Cyber Security Software Tools in (2021 List)
Cybersecurity refers to protecting hardware, software, and data from attackers. It protects against cyberattacks like accessing, changing, or destroying sensitive information.
There are many cybersecurity tools that can conduct a privacy audit for all software, find and remove the latest threats. These cybersecurity tools help you to manage file access control and perform forensic analysis.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Cybersecurity Software and Tools, with their popular features and website links. This cyber security tools list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
BEST CyberSecurity Monitoring Tools: Top Picks
|SolarWinds Security Event Manager||Free Trial/ Paid||Learn more|
|Intruder||Free Trial/ Paid||Learn more|
|Acunetix||Free Trial/ Paid||Learn more|
|Cyber Protect||Free Trial/ Paid||Learn more|
SolarWinds Security Event Manager is a tool that helps you to improve your computer security. This application can automatically detect threats, monitor security policies, and protect your network.
- This network security software has inbuilt integrity monitoring.
- It has an intuitive user interface and dashboard.
- SolarWinds contains integrated compliance reporting tools.
- It has a centralization log collection.
- The tool can find and respond to threats faster.
Intruder is a powerful online vulnerability scanner that discovers security weaknesses across your IT environment. Offering industry-leading security checks, continuous monitoring and an easy-to-use platform, Intruder keeps businesses of all sizes safe from hackers.
- Best-in-class threat coverage with over 10,000 security checks
- Automatic vulnerability scans for emerging threats
- Checks for configuration weaknesses, missing patches, application weaknesses (such as SQL injection & cross-site scripting) and more
- Advanced protection for your perimeter systems
- Network view to show how your systems look from an external perspective
- Monitors cloud systems for changes (integrates with AWS, GCP, Azure)
- API integration with your CI/CD pipeline
Intuitive and easy to use, Acunetix by Invicti helps small to medium-sized organizations ensure their web applications are secure from costly data breaches. It does so by detecting a wide range of web security issues and helping security and development professionals act fast to resolve them.
- Advanced scanning for 7,000+ web vulnerabilities, including OWASP Top 10 such as SQLi and XSS
- Automated web asset discovery for identifying abandoned or forgotten websites
- Advanced crawler for the most complex web applications, incl. multi-form and password-protected areas
- Combined interactive and dynamic application security testing to discover vulnerabilities other tools miss
- Proof of exploit provided for many types of vulnerabilities
- DevOps automation through integrations with popular issue tracking and CI/CD tools
- Compliance reporting for regulatory standards, such as PCI DSS, NIST, HIPAA, ISO 27001, and more.
LifeLock is a cyber-security software that can provide you protection from theft. It enables you to lock your files with a single mouse click
- It can provide social security number alerts.
- Helps you to safeguard your home.
- Offers VPN that can be used for up to 5 PCs.
- This application can scan and provide you alerts by text and email.
- You can easily fix your identity theft
Cyber Protect is a tool that enables you to prevent data loss and security breaches. It enables you to filter out URL and assess for vulnerability with no hassle. This tool provides protection from malware and virus.
- You can perform a safe recovery of your important data.
- It provides real time alerts.
- Offers detailed information about stored data.
- Helps you to improve the productivity of employee by eliminating unnecessary expenses.
- It makes remote management of data easy.
Bitdefender is could base antivirus software provides on-demand and on install scan facility. It helps you to keep the PC safe from various threats. The program takes care of online privacy and personal information.
- This software can verify whether your mail account has been breached or not.
- Minimal impact on device battery life.
- It can react instantly to threats without compromising the performance of the PC.
- Provides 24/7 security updates.
- You can easily manage your browser on your PC.
- Offers VPN to secure online activities.
- It is best for secure banking.
SolarWinds Access Rights Manager is a software that enables you to prevent data loss. This tool is built to automate access policy and analysis without any hassle. It offers you clear visibility into user activity and changes to file and folders.
- It provides alert for suspicious activity.
- This tool can validate compliance in data protection.
- Helps you to minimize the impact of insider threats.
- It can monitor and audit active dictionary, SharePoint and file server permission.
- This application can capture user access to investigate risks.
Malwarebytes is a cyber security tool that protects your PC against malicious websites, ransomware, and malware. This tool can detect blocks 8,000, 000+ threats per day.
- It offers a safe browsing experience.
- It can clean threat infected devices.
- Malwarebytes can conduct a privacy audit for all software.
- It supports many languages, including English, French, German, Italian, and more.
- It can find and remove adware.
AVG Free Antivirus is easy to use and a free cybersecurity program. It helps you to protect your PC from spyware, viruses, and malware. It can identify and remove threats with one click.
- It performs an automatic scan that can be run daily, weekly, or on-demand basis.
- This program can check software for malware before downloading it on the PC.
- This networking security tool can lock the device and wipe content.
- Provides protection from SMS spammers.
- This app offers real-time security updates.
- It can block unsafe downloads, email attachments, and links.
VIPRE is a cyber security tool that enables you to protect your home and business with no hassle. This tool provides protection from malware and spam messages. It helps you to defend against new threats to stay safe.
- It can block malicious websites.
- Provides protection against incoming and outgoing traffic.
- You can permanently remove a trace of files.
- This tool can clean your browsing and search history.
- You can perform a quick scan.
SecureMac is a cybersecurity software tool that can detect and remove Malware with ease. This application can scan, search and destroy privacy threats. It has multiple scan modes that provide a customized solution to suit your security needs.
- You can perform drag and drop scanning.
- It is up to 5X faster.
- You can free up your hard disk space by removing unwanted files.
- It has easy to use interface that provides you complete control over your malware scan.
- Offers faster detection and protection of your PC.
Sitelock is a cybersecurity tool that provides cybersecurity solutions to businesses. It protects your website and its visitors. This app offers a secure VPN for your organization.
- It provides automated malware detection.
- You can scan for unlimited web pages.
- Monitor Google blacklist.
- Scan files with ease.
- This application gives protection from SQL Injection.
- You can scan the web app/plugin.
- It offers a weekly scan report.
Nagios is a cyber security tool that allows organizations/companies to identify and resolve IT infrastructure problems. It is one of the best cyber security tools that monitors systems, networks, and infrastructure.
- Comprehensive dashboard
- Allows you to keep track of specific subsets of network flow information.
- This networking security tool provides complete insights on network traffic, bandwidth, and overall network health.
- Receive alerts when the abnormal activity takes place
- Advanced user options allow IT teams to work together efficiently.
- Automatically send alerts if condition changes
- If the services are running fine, then there is no need to do check that host is alive.
- Helps you to detect network errors or server crashes.
- You can troubleshoot the performance issues of the server.
- Issues can be fixed automatically as they are identified during the monitoring process.
Mimecast is a cybersecurity tool that keeps your email safe using email security solution. This software can protect against malicious website activity.
- This cyber security app helps you to reduce security risk.
- The tool can reduce the complexities of restoring and storing data.
- Mimecast can quickly detect cyber-attacks.
- The tool can block dangerous attacks before they enter your network.
Wireshark is one of the best cyber security monitoring tools that keeps watch on network packets and displays them in a human-readable format. The information that is retrieved via this tool can be viewed through a GUI or the TTY(teletypewriter) mode TShark Utility.
- Live capture and offline analysis
- Rich VoIP analysis
- Compressed Gzip files can be decompressed on the fly
- Output can be exported to plain text, XML, or CSV.
- Live data can be read from PPP/HDLC, internet, ATM, Blue-tooth, Token Ring, USB, and more.
- Decryption support for many protocols that include IPsec, ISAKMP, SSL/TLS, WEP, and WPA/WPA2.
- For quick, intuitive analysis, coloring rules can be applied to the packet.
- Read or write many different capture file formats like Cisco Secure IDS iplog, Pcap NG, and Microsoft Network Monitor, etc.
OSSEC is a software that offers server intrusion detection facility for every platform. It is one of the best cyber security applications which enables you to tailor your security need through extensive configuration options, and custom alters.
- It can detect and alerts unauthorized behavior and modification.
- The tool responds in real time.
- It can detect both rootkit and malware.
- OSSEC provides real-time response.
- This app can collect system information like installed hardware, software, network services, utilization, etc.
- System and application auditing for compliance.
NXTsoft is a cybersecurity app that enables you to integrate, move, or convert your data with no hassle. It provides analytics to maximize the profit of the business.
- It offers secure and open APIs.
- NXTsoft offers detailed reporting of Audit.
- It provides a mobile-friendly interface.
- This tool helps you to increase the ROI of your business.
- Support scanning external devices.
- NXTsoft software gives employee risk level scorecards.
Webroot is a tool that provides cloud-based protection to stop threats in real-time and secure your business. The application can protect your PCs, mobile devices, and computer.
- The tool protects login and password.
- It does not contain time-consuming updates.
- Webroot has an advanced web filtering facility to protect you from risky websites.
- Professional people can quickly scan your PC.
- Safely browse, shop, visit social media websites with ease.
NMap is easy to use a multi-platform free and open-source application. This tool can be used for beginners but also offers advanced features for experienced users.
- Interactive and graphical results viewing facility
- It summarizes details about a single host or a complete scan in a convenient display.
- This tool can even draw a topology map of discovered networks.
- NMap can show the differences between the two scans.
- It allows administrators to track new hosts or services appearing on their networks. Or track existing services that go down.
20) Nessus Professional
Nessus is a cybersecurity tool for checking compliance and search for sensitive data. This data security software application can also help you to scan IPs and websites for malicious threats. The tool is designed to make vulnerability assessment simple, easy, and intuitive.
- It has advanced detection technology for more protection.
- The tool offers complete vulnerability scanning with unlimited assessments.
- It provides accurate visibility into your computer network.
- Plugins that deliver timely protection benefits from new threats.
- It allows you to migrate to Tenable solutions safely.
- This tool detects the SQL injection attack.
21) Heimdal CORP
Heimdal is a tool that protects from ransomware, data leakage, and browser hijacking. It offers a dashboard to manage to initiate cybersecurity activities.
- The tool provides instant vulnerability overview.
- It offers both advanced and manual reports.
- You can make online banking transactions with ease.
- Heimdal CORP has a good vulnerability Intelligence.
- It prevents PC lockdown.
Teramind is a cyber security tool that helps you to monitor and control user activity. This application provides Analytics for user behavior. It is one of the best cyber security apps that provides prevention from data loss.
- Reports can be customizable the way you want.
- It provides instant message and email monitoring facility.
- You can track files.
- It uses smart alerts and rules to keep your organization safe.
- This software offers instant ROI.
DNIF is a security analyzing tool that helps you to manage your log without any hassle. This tool can detect all kinds of unknown threats.
- It can detect suspicious activity.
- Supports customization of API.
- The tool can manage your data securely.
- You can easily set up the software.
- Offers plug and play APIs.
- It uses machine learning data analytics to know unusual activities.
24) Dataplan Cyber Control
Dataplan Cyber Control is a cybersecurity and fraud protection software. This application can cover more than 100 security points. It can scan your PC for vulnerability.
- You can manage file access control.
- It can monitor the transaction.
- Provides protection from financial data.
- This application can perform forensic analysis.
- It offers a data privacy risk reporting suite.
- Dataplan gives an overview of system vulnerability.
25) Burp Suite
Burp Suite is a collection of software that provides web application security, testing, and scanning. It is one of the best network security softwares that enables you to choose from a wide range of tools to identify the latest vulnerabilities.
- It covers up to 100 vulnerabilities.
- The tool uses static and dynamic techniques to detect security vulnerabilities.
- You can schedule and repeat the scan with ease.
- It provides readymade plugins for CI.
- Burp Suite enables you to quickly launch targeted scans.
- This application can record the details of the request and response passed through the proxy server.
26) SaltStack SecOps
SaltStack SecOps is open-source vulnerability detection system that can be managed through via API points or UI. This application can detect vulnerability in real-time.
- Provides summary statistics of vulnerabilities.
- It allows you to build custom security profiles.
- You can perform a quick scan to understand the risk associated with your PC.
- It provides easy to use interface.
Securden is a cybersecurity software that prevents your PC from cyber-attacks and identity theft. It is one of the best Internet security for Windows 10 that helps you to manage the Windows domain, local accounts, and service. This application enables you to eliminate hard-coded passwords.
- Provides protection through SSH (Secure Shell) keys.
- You can launch a remote session with just a single mouse click.
- It enables you to grant remote access to applications and devices without showing passwords to other people.
- The application provides compliance and audit reporting.
- Offers automated password reset functionality after time-limited access.
- You can manage and share the admin password securely.
CloudFlare is a tool that It provides protection against comment spam, excessive bot crawling, and malicious attacks. It is one of the best Internet security companies that blocks visitors with a suspicious number of request rates.
- It is an enterprise-class DDoS protection network.
- Web application firewall helps from the collective intelligence of the entire network.
- Rate Limiting feature protects user's critical resources.
- CloudFlare Orbit solves security issues for IoT devices.
Flowmon is a network performance monitoring tool to simplify planning and performance management. It can provide protection from unknown threats and ransomware.
- Integrate it with SIEM (Security Information and Event Management).
- You can customize and extend capabilities.
- It can perform SaaS performance monitoring.
- The tool can be used for network troubleshooting.
- It provides alerts on bandwidth utilization of email.
❓ What is Cybersecurity?
Cybersecurity refers to the protection of hardware, software, and data from attackers. It protects against cyberattacks like accessing, changing, or destroying sensitive information.
⚡ What is Cyber Security Software?
A Cyber security software is a computer program that helps to enhance the overall information security of a computer, system, or network. It helps to protect computer systems against intrusion, unauthorized use of resources, hacker attacks, etc. Cyber security software promptly alerts the user as it detects any threats in a computer system or a network.
🚀 What are the advantages of Cybersecurity?
The benefits of cyber security are as follows:
- It protects the business against ransomware, malware, social engineering, and phishing.
- This network security tool protects end-users.
- It gives good protection for both data as well as networks.
- Increase recovery time after a breach.
- Cybersecurity prevents unauthorized users.
💻 How does Cyber Security work?
A cybersecurity system has multiple layers of protection that spread across devices, computers, programs, networks. It helps you to protect your password, securing your network, digital and physical data from intruders.
❗ Why Cyber Security is Important for Business?
Cyber security is important because it protects personally identifiable information, sensitive data, personal information, and more from theft. It can safeguard damage attempted by adversaries and criminals.
❓ What is IDS and IPS?
IDS or Intrusion detection systems and IPS (intrusion prevention systems) watch your network, find possible incidents and logging details about them, and reporting to security administrators.
There are two types of IDS: 1) active IDS 2) passive IDS.
- Active IDS: An active IDS is a system that is configured to automatically block the attack in progress without any intervention of the operator.
- Passive IDS: A passive IDS is a system that can be configured to monitor and analyze the traffic of the network and gives alert operators to potential attacks.
🚀 Which are the Best Cyber Security Software?
Below are some of the best cyber security software:
- SolarWinds Security Event Manager
- AVG Antivirus
- Cyber Protect