UX vs UI: 10 Most Difference Between UX and UI Design
What is the User Experience (UX) design?
The user experience (UX) is what a user of a particular product experiences when using that product.The process include development, improvement, of quality interaction between a user and all facets of a company. The full form of UX design is User Experience Design. UX design improves the overall experience a user has with a company's products or services.
What is the User Interface (UI) design?
User Interface (UI) design is the process, that designers use to build interfaces in software or computerized devices, focusing on looks or style. The full form of UI design is the User Interface. It is developing and improving the quality of interaction between user and software.
UI is predominantly used by digital industries. The user interface (UI) is a specific design asset that a users interact with.
The process improves the layout of each element of the product like buttons, text, images, and other visual interface elements which people interact with.
- UX design is developing and improving quality interaction between a user and all elements of a company while UI design transmits the brand's strength and visual assets to a product's interface.
- UX design deals with research, testing, development, content, and prototyping and UI is a process of visually guiding the user through a product's interface using interactive elements across all platforms.
- UX Design stands for User Experience Design whereas Ul Design stands for User Interface Design.
- UX design is focused on everything that affects the user's journey to solve a problem. On the other hand, UI design is a process that mainly focused on how the specific product's surfaces look and function.
- UX design is a complete experience which may not be limited to the screen. On the contrary,UI design is usually visual design and information design around screens.
- UX design is based on the client's needs and requirements while UI design is based on the user's needs and research.
Key Responsibilities of UX Designer
Here are some key responsibilities of UX designer:
- Analyze the business needs and convert them into a captivating experience.
- The UX designer maps out the structure of the user journey.
- UX designers deal with the psychology and behavior of users and design products or solutions that appeal to the target users.
Key Responsibilities of UI Designer
Here are some key responsibilities of UI designer:
- Ul designers deal with the appearance and feel of the product, including colors, texture, shape, and form.
- They implement a visual hierarchy that guides the user on what to do.
- UI designer fills design with visual and interactive elements.
- They also take the responsibility of making the website more intuitive and responsive.
UX VS. UI Design
Here are the main difference between UX and UI design:
|UX Design||UI Design|
|UX Design stands for User Experience Design.||Ul Design stands for User Interface Design.|
|UX design is focused on everything that affects the user's journey to solve a problem.||UI design is a process that mainly focused on how the specific product's surfaces look and function.|
|UX design deals with research, testing, development, content, and prototyping.||UI is a process of visually guiding the user through a product's interface using interactive elements across all platforms.|
|UX design is developing and improving quality interaction between a user and all elements of a company.||UI design transmits the brand's strength and visual assets to a product's interface.|
|UX design is a complete experience which may not be limited to the screen.||UI design is usually visual design and information design around screens.|
|It involves creative and convergent thinking.||It involves creative and critical thinking.|
|UX design is based on the client's needs and requirements.||UI design is based on the user's needs and research.|
|UX design needs mockups, graphics, and layouts.||UI design needs wireframes, prototyping, and a good research approach.|
Best practice while designing a website with UX
Here are some important best practices of UX design:
- Pick up a flat design which is attractive but easy to create.
- Select the proper system of the image icon.
- Eliminate unnecessary pages that harm the overall user experience of your site.
- Effective use of Color pattern.
- Highlight the most important things
- Provide background textures.
Best practice while designing a website with UI
Here are some best practices of UI designing:
- Particular information to be displayed on a specific screen.
- It should remains purposeful in page layout.
- You should create consistency and use common UI elements.
- Strategically use color and texture.
- Check the entire flow of the application.
- UI designers should consider the end-users' journey.
How both terms are used interchangeably
UX and UI are terms which has become buzzword at the corporate level. It was common that many people mix up the terms or use them interchangeably.
However, the field of UI/UX will no doubt continue to evolve. It is important to understand the role played by each profession in human-centred design.
Check our UI/UX design course list: Click Here