Cross Browser Testing Tools are essential to check that your web app works fine across Desktop, Mobile, Tablets, and other device Categories. These tools check UI inconsistencies, validate code, responsiveness across Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge, Safari, and other browsers. They help deliver a consistent user experience across devices and platforms.
There is an ad-infinitive choice of Cross Browser Testing Tools in the market, and choosing one could be difficult. Following is a curated list of Best Cross Browser Testing tools with popular features and the latest download links. The list contains free (open source) and paid (commercial) software.
Top Cross-Browser Compatibility Testing Tools
|Selenium Box||✔️||Learn More|
BitBar by SmartBear, offers the most reliable cloud-based web and app testing solution to ensure a consistent customer experience. Ditch the hassle: instant access to browsers and devices without the need to obtain and maintain yourself.
- Easily run manual and automated testing in the cloud on the latest and most popular browsers and devices.
- Ability to run Selenium and Appium Tests in the cloud
LambdaTest is a cloud based platform that helps you perform cross browser compatibility testing of your web app or websites. You can run automated selenium scripts on LambdaTest’s scalable cloud grid, or can even perform live interactive testing on real browser environments.
- Run Selenium automation tests on a scalable Selenium grid having 2000+ browser environments
- Execute automated screenshot and responsive testing of your website
- Test your locally or privately hosted website using SSH Tunnel
- One click bug logging to your favorite bug tracking tool like Asana, BitBucket, GitHub, JIRA, Microsoft VSTS, Slack, Trello etc.
HeadSpin allows users to remotely run cross browser tests on thousands of real devices on cloud. Users can easily test responsiveness of their mobile app or website and even test performance vitals like load testing on real environments for 100% accurate results.
- Test on thousands of real devices for 100% accuracy
- Ease of integration with testing frameworks like Appium, Selenium and Appium Inspector. HeadSpin is also compatible with a number of technologies like Charles Proxy,Xcode,Android Studio,Flutter,Cucumber and more.
- Get a flexible distributed system to scale your remote automated cross-browser testing efforts securely.
- HeadSpin enables developers to monitor non-noise interfered data through our proprietary RF-compliant hardware and custom USB hub.
Eggplant allows you to test web apps and sites on any browser on any operating system, including mobile.
- Reduce testing effort by utilizing one model to test any technology on any device, operating system, or browser at any layer, including Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE, and Opera.
- Non-invasive intelligent testing provides deep coverage of your app or site, unearthing bugs before your users find them.
- True end-to-end testing from the browser through the entire tech stack, including legacy back-office systems.
- Intelligent test creation and prioritization based on real user journeys.
- Monitor, predict, and measure the impact of new releases.
Virtuoso leverages AI to automate your end-2-end tests on any browser, operating system, or device. Build functional tests using Natural Language Programming (plain English like you would write a manual test script), integrated API testing, and Visual Regression tests to get complete, codeless, end-2-end test coverage, ensuring your web and mobile web apps are on point everywhere.
- Author tests in Natural Language for codeless test automation that works
- Generate tests from requirements or wireframes before your app is built
- Obliterate test maintenance with AI-driven, self-healing capabilities
- Understand the root cause of test failures
- Execute on any device, browser, or OS at scale in the cloud
- Anyone can create API calls and store them for use in functional tests
- Snapshot testing to find every Visual Regression
6) Selenium Box
Selenium Box is an Enterprise Selenium Grid that runs on-premises or in your corporate cloud, is fully managed and highly scalable. It allows execution of automated tests for web and mobile inside the corporate firewall. The product is designed for large organizations in security sensitive areas such as the banking, insurance and medical field. Selenium Box combines the features of SaaS solutions with the security and performance of on-prem / in-house deployment.
- On-premises / corporate cloud deployment
- Desktop browsers, emulators / simulators and real devices
- Secure, no tunnels or external access required
- Fully managed, maintenance free
- Highly scalable
- Enterprise integrations e.g. LDAP, CROWD
TestGrid allows you to test your website or web app on real-devices hosted on cloud or on your premises. Test in both manual or automated manner to ensure faster release time. You can engage your testing and business teams to build and execute test cases without any pre-requisites of programming knowledge.
- Run automated tests on a secure, reliable, and scalable selenium grid on the cloud or on-premise.
- Test your locally or privately hosted websites for an error-free launch.
- Support for all the latest and legacy devices available at the time you need.
- AI-based no-code automation generating selenium & appium-based code.
- Performance testing to help you optimize & improve your website
- Catch bugs and get them resolved on the go with integrations like JIRA, Asana, Slack, and more.
- Integrate with your favorite CI/CD tool for continuous testing
With browser stack it is possible to do web based browser testing on desktop and mobile browser. It is one of the browser compatibility testing tools which is cloud based so it does not require any installation and the pre-installed developer tools are useful for quick cross-browser testing and debugging. With browser-stack you can set up a comprehensive testing environment with support for proxies, firewalls and Active Directory. It supports opera mobile, Android, Windows (XP, 7 and 8), iOS, OSX snow leopard, lion and mountain lion and so on. Browser stack allows you to test your pages remotely.
10) Sauce Labs
It is one of the leading cloud based cross browser test tools for web and mobile app testing platform. It allows you to run tests in the cloud on more than 260 different browser platform and devices. There is no VM set up or maintenance required. With access to live breakpoints, you can easily take control of the system to investigate a problem manually. With Sauce Lab you can lists the recently run tests in chronological order, with information about the runtime, testing platform, build and whether they passed or failed.
❓ What is cross browser testing tools?
Cross Browser Testing tools used for the testing of applications and websites in all the different browsers that users use in day to day life like Chrome, Mozilla, Opera mini, ETC. These cross-browser testing tools give ideas and ensured the best user experience.
✅ Which are the best cross browser testing tools?
Here are some of the best cross browser testing tools:
🏅 Which factors should you consider while selecting a cross browser testing Tool?
You should consider the following factors before selecting a tool
- License Cost if applicable
- Quality of Customer support
- The cost involved in training employees on the tool
- Software requirements of the browser testing tool
- Support and Update policy of the cross browser tool vendor.
- Reviews of the company