There are ad-infinitve tools to check your web app for cross browser compatibility. Here is the list of top tools for Cross Browser Testing shortlisted by our experts.
Use the SeeTest continuous testing by Experitest to test the functionality and the performance of your web applications on a large variety of browser and OS version combinations to ensure they work perfectly whatever your customers are using.
- Easily run your Selenium and Appium tests against real iOS, Androids, & desktop browsers, ensuring you're testing real user scenarios accurately
- Shorten testing cycles by running hundreds of tests in parallel using our scalable cloud-based Grid
- Increase coverage with access to 1000+ combinations of browsers, versions and operating systems, as well as a large selection of real iOS and Android devices
- Detect and fix bugs quickly with detailed reports that include screenshots, videos and log files
- Perform manual testing and debug your code: Interact with desktop browsers in real-time to test new functionality or to reproduce issues and debug them
BrowseEmAll is an on-premise cross-browser testing tool that offers a wide range of features.
- Automatically compare the page layout in different browsers and analyze your page source code for errors and compatibility problems.
- Access to full page screenshots and layout comparisons
- Set up a Selenium Grid on your machine with only a few clicks and help you start your automated testing with the Record & Play functionality.
- Supports all major browsers like IE, Edge, Chrome, and Firefox.
- Runs on Windows, macOS or Linux
- Export recorded tests in programming languages like C#, Java, Ruby and more
MultiBrowser is a desktop application designed to help you with cross-browser testing. Everything works out of the box, and all tests are executed right on your local machine.
- Test on real standalone desktop browsers
- Test on different versions of same browser
- Mobile browser emulator with network and geolocation simulation
- Create responsive design screenshots.
- Integrated with Visual Studio to record & play automated tests.
- Automate Functionality Testing
- Built-in Screen/Video recorder to help debug issues
- Supports all major browsers including IE, Edge, Firefox and Chrome and can run on Windows 7 or higher
Functionize is an autonomous cloud-based platform that allows users to test across major desktop and mobile browsers with zero scripting. Tests are created with NLP by simply writing in plain English what you want to test.
- Execute thousands of tests across any number of browsers in minutes
- Parallel browser testing to test a large number of browser-version-OS combinations simultaneously
- Details on browser runtime errors and browser-specific anomalies
- Functionize heals Selenium or browser based errors upfront
- Vastly reduces visual based test failures, regardless of the complexity or density of the page
6) Sauce Labs
It is the leading cloud based web and mobile app testing platform. It allows you to run tests in the cloud on more than 260 different browser platform and devices. There is no VM set up or maintenance required. With access to live breakpoints, you can easily take control of the system to investigate a problem manually. With Sauce Lab you can lists the recently run tests in chronological order, with information about the runtime, testing platform, build and whether they passed or failed.
With browser stack it is possible to do web based browser testing on desktop and mobile browser. It is cloud based and so it does not require any installation, and the pre-installed developer tools are useful for quick cross-browser testing and debugging. With browser-stack you can set up a comprehensive testing environment with support for proxies, firewalls and Active Directory. It supports opera mobile, Android, Windows (XP, 7 and 8), iOS, OSX snow leopard, lion and mountain lion and so on. Browser stack allows you to test your pages remotely.
9) IE NetRender
It is the easiest tool to use for cross browser testing, you have to simply choose a version on IE and enter the URL that you want to test, and you will get a screen shot of the page being used. It able to process large number of request in real time and there will be no waiting time. All rendered images and URLs are kept private and secure. It is suitable for quick testing as well it can used for pixel by pixel site comparison in different versions of IE.
10) Turbo.net(previously Spoon.net)
Turbo.net(previously Spoon.net) is an open-source browser sandbox to deploy or test multiple versions of current, beta or legacy web browsers without maintaining cumbersome virtual machines. As such Turbo.net(previously Spoon.net) runs the applications in isolated "sandboxes", you can run multiple applications side by side without any dependencies or conflicts. The only drawback of this tool is that it does not support Linux currently but the Linux version is under deelopment.
11) IE Tab
With Firefox or chrome browsers, you can easily view your web page with just a single click. In IE tab you can view a webpage in different browsers without actually switching from one browser to another. The draw-back of IE tab is that it is not available for firefox 6.0 and above version. IE tab supports internet configuration completely which means various settings like security settings and internet settings can be set manually or automatically.
IE Tab extension will automatically check whether the web page should be displayed using IE or not
12) CrossBrowser Testing
Crossbrowser testing tool has wide range of different browsers and their versions. It is available for multiple OS. It supports over 1000 combinations of different browsers and O.S including mobile browsers. It has localhost support, automated screesnshot feature, testing behind logins amongst others. It is the most popular commercial cross-browser testing tools.
13) Super Preview
SuperPreview is a Microsoft product and enables you to compare different rendering engines in a single unified interface. It is nicely integrated with expression web and provides the ability to easily preview and compare pages while you are building them.
Below is the summarized list of tools
- Sauce Labs
- IE NetRender
- IE Tab
- CrossBrowser Testing
- Super Preview