There are ad-infinitve cross browser test tools to check your web app for cross browser compatibility. Here is the list of top Cross Browser Testing tools shortlisted by our experts.
Following is a curated list of best cross browser testing tools with popular features and the latest download links. The list contains both free cross browser testing tools(open source) and paid (commercial) software.
Top Cross-Browser Compatibility Testing Tools
|CrossBrowserTesting||Free + Paid Plan||Learn More|
|LambdaTest||Free + Paid Plan||Learn More|
|Virtuoso||Paid Plan||Learn More|
|Selenium Box||Paid Plan||Learn More|
CrossBrowserTesting by SmartBear, makes every web experience perfect on any browser or mobile device with their cloud-based real device lab. Ditch your VMs and device lab.
- Easily run manual, visual, and Selenium tests in the cloud on 2050+ real desktop and mobile browsers.
- Record & Replay feature allows you to record a live test and run that recorded test in parallel.
- Offers Visual Testing with Automated Screenshots and comparisons
- Run Selenium and Appium Tests in the Cloud
LambdaTest is a cloud based platform that helps you perform cross browser compatibility testing of your web app or websites. You can run automated selenium scripts on LambdaTest’s scalable cloud grid, or can even perform live interactive testing on real browser environments.
- Run Selenium automation tests on a scalable Selenium grid having 2000+ browser environments
- Execute automated screenshot and responsive testing of your website
- Test your locally or privately hosted website using SSH Tunnel
- One click bug logging to your favorite bug tracking tool like Asana, BitBucket, GitHub, JIRA, Microsoft VSTS, Slack, Trello etc.
Virtuoso is a revolutionary test automation tool that leverages the latest advances in AI and Machine Learning to empower everyone to test.
- It delivers on the promise of codeless test automation with sophisticated features including cross-browser/device testing so that tests can be executed across different browsers, browser versions, operating systems, real devices, and resolutions.
- Get on-demand access to real mobile devices and tablets, Windows and Mac OS, and all the latest browsers.
- With Virtuoso, you can run functional, visual, and compatibility testing in a single execution.
4) Selenium Box
Selenium Box is an Enterprise Selenium Grid that runs on-premises or in your corporate cloud, is fully managed and highly scalable. It allows execution of automated tests for web and mobile inside the corporate firewall. The product is designed for large organizations in security sensitive areas such as the banking, insurance and medical field. Selenium Box combines the features of SaaS solutions with the security and performance of on-prem / in-house deployment.
- On-premises / corporate cloud deployment
- Desktop browsers, emulators / simulators and real devices
- Secure, no tunnels or external access required
- Fully managed, maintenance free
- Highly scalable
- Enterprise integrations e.g. LDAP, CROWD
7) IE NetRender
IE NetRender is one of the best cross browser testing tools which is the easiest tool to use for cross browser testing, you have to simply choose a version on IE and enter the URL that you want to test, and you will get a screen shot of the page being used. It is one of the browser compatibility testing tools that are able to process large number of requests in real time and there will be no waiting time. All rendered images and URLs are kept private and secure. It is suitable for quick testing as well it can used for pixel by pixel site comparison in different versions of IE.
8) Turbo.net(previously Spoon.net)
Turbo.net(previously Spoon.net) is one of the free cross browser testing tools which is an open-source browser sandbox to deploy or test multiple versions of current, beta or legacy web browsers without maintaining cumbersome virtual machines. As such Turbo.net(previously Spoon.net) runs the applications in isolated “sandboxes”, you can run multiple applications side by side without any dependencies or conflicts. The only drawback of this tool is that it does not support Linux currently but the Linux version is under devlopment.
9) IE Tab
With Firefox or chrome browsers, you can easily view your web page with just a single click. In IE tab you can view a webpage in different browsers without actually switching from one browser to another. The draw-back of IE tab is that it is not available for firefox 6.0 and above version. IE tab is one of the browser compatibility testing tools that supports internet configuration completely which means various settings like security settings and internet settings can be set manually or automatically.
IE Tab extension will automatically check whether the web page should be displayed using IE or not
10) Super Preview
SuperPreview is a crossbrowser testing tool which is a Microsoft product and it enables you to compare different rendering engines in a single unified interface. It is one of the nicely integrated cross browser testing tools with expression web and provides the ability to easily preview and compare pages while you are building them.
With browser stack it is possible to do web based browser testing on desktop and mobile browser. It is one of the browser compatibility testing tools which is cloud based so it does not require any installation and the pre-installed developer tools are useful for quick cross-browser testing and debugging. With browser-stack you can set up a comprehensive testing environment with support for proxies, firewalls and Active Directory. It supports opera mobile, Android, Windows (XP, 7 and 8), iOS, OSX snow leopard, lion and mountain lion and so on. Browser stack allows you to test your pages remotely.
12) Sauce Labs
It is one of the leading cloud based cross browser test tools for web and mobile app testing platform. It allows you to run tests in the cloud on more than 260 different browser platform and devices. There is no VM set up or maintenance required. With access to live breakpoints, you can easily take control of the system to investigate a problem manually. With Sauce Lab you can lists the recently run tests in chronological order, with information about the runtime, testing platform, build and whether they passed or failed.
❓ What is cross browser testing tools?
Cross Browser Testing tools used for the testing of applications and websites in all the different browsers that users use in day to day life like Chrome, Mozilla, Opera mini, ETC. These cross-browser testing tools give ideas and ensured the best user experience.
✅ Which are the best cross browser testing tools?
Here are some of the best cross browser testing tools:
- Selenium Box
- IE NetRender
- Turbo.net(previously Spoon.net)
🏅 Which factors should you consider while selecting a cross browser testing Tool?
You should consider the following factors before selecting a tool
- License Cost if applicable
- Quality of Customer support
- The cost involved in training employees on the tool
- Software requirements of the browser testing tool
- Support and Update policy of the cross browser tool vendor.
- Reviews of the company