Web Application Testing Tools improve reliability, reduce turnaround time and increase ROI.
They are various types of tools that assist in diverse web testing activities ranging from requirements capturing to test management. Following is a curated list of the top Website Testing tools with Key Features and download links. The following category of tools are covered that help in Web Testing-
👍 Top Web Application Testing Tools
testRigor helps you to directly express tests as executable specifications in plain English. Users of all technical abilities are able to build end-to-end tests of any complexity covering mobile, web, and API steps in one test. Test steps are expressed on the end-user level instead of relying on details of implementation like XPaths or CSS Selectors.
- Free forever public version
- Test cases are in English
- Unlimited users & Unlimited tests
- The easiest way to learn automation
- Recorder for web steps
- Integrations with CI/CD and Test case management
- Email & SMS testing
- Web + Mobile + API steps in one test
14-Day Free Trial
Testpad is a simpler and more accessible kind of manual test tool that’s ideal for testing web apps. Prioritising pragmatism over process, it uses checklist-inspired test plans that can be adapted to a wide range of styles including Exploratory testing, the manual side of Agile, syntax highlighted BDD, and even traditional test case management.
- Guest testers, invited by email, who don’t need accounts
- Simple enough to use by non-testers; get everyone to help at release time
- Drag’n’drop organisation of test plans
- Add new tests during testing, as you think of new ideas
- Lightweight integration with issue trackers, including JIRA
30-Day Free Trial
Web Automation Tools
- Superior object recognition using ML and AI
- Support for testing enterprise applications such as Salesforce and SAP
- Run functional UI tests in parallel in the cloud or on your local machine for continuous testing and continuous delivery
- Integrates tightly with the tools in your ecosystem, such as CI/CD, test management, issue tracking, and version control, giving you a complete testing lifecycle
30-Day Free Trial
4) QA Wolf
QA Wolf is the first solution to get web apps to 80% automated end-to-end test coverage in 4 months – regardless of the number of tests required. Working with QA Wolf is a fraction of the cost of managing test coverage in-house and they have multiple customer case studies claiming to save $200k+ per year.
- Start with a 90-day pilot
- Automated testing done for you
- Integrate tests directly into your CI/CD
- Unlimited, 100% parallel test runs
- Supports Chrome, WebKit, Firefox, and Chromium
- Videos and logs of failures help you understand issues quickly
- No vendor lock-in
90-day, Risk-Free Pilot
Katalon Platform is a comprehensive automation solution for Web, API, Mobile, and Desktop application testing. With a user base of more than half a million, both beginners to experienced test engineers can enjoy its versatile and practical features for a stress-free testing process.
- Flexible test design: automation beginners can utilize record and playback for creating tests quickly, while experts enjoy built-in keywords and advanced scripting capabilities for improved productivity.
- Selenium-migration support: import Selenium tests in TestNG/JUnit framework
- Powerful test execution: cross-browser automation tests execution (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) and CI/CD pipeline integrations.
- Testing methodologies supported: Keyword-Driven Testing, Page Object Model Testing, Data-driven Testing, TDD/BDD Testing.
- Reduce test maintenance cost and effort: hardwired flakiness handling mechanism and pre-configured object locators.
- Centralized report dashboard: provides real-time and insightful charts of all testing stages for better project management.
30-Day Free Trial
Intruder is a powerful vulnerability scanner that will help you uncover the many weaknesses lurking in your web applications and underlying infrastructure. Offering industry-leading security checks, continuous monitoring and an easy-to-use platform, Intruder keeps businesses of all sizes safe from hackers.
- Best-in-class threat coverage with over 10,000 security checks
- Checks for configuration weaknesses, missing patches, application weaknesses (such as SQL injection & cross-site scripting) and more
- Automatic analysis and prioritisation of scan results
- Intuitive interface, quick to set-up and run your first scans
- Proactive security monitoring for the latest vulnerabilities
- AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud connectors
- API integration with your CI/CD pipeline
14-Day Free Trial
Teramind delivers a comprehensive suite for insider threat prevention and employee monitoring. It enhances security through behavior analytics and data loss prevention, ensuring compliance and optimizing business processes. Its customizable platform suits various organizational needs, providing actionable insights that focus on boosting productivity and safeguarding data integrity.
- Insider Threat Prevention: Detects and prevents user actions that may indicate insider threats to data.
- Business Process Optimization: Utilizes data-driven behavior analytics to redefine operational processes.
- Workforce Productivity: Monitors productivity, security, and compliance behaviors of the workforce.
- Compliance Management: Helps manage compliance with a single, scalable solution suitable for small businesses, enterprises, and government agencies.
- Incident Forensics: Provides evidence to enrich incident response, investigations, and threat intelligence.
- Data Loss Prevention: Monitors and protects against the potential loss of sensitive data.
- Employee Monitoring: Offers capabilities to monitor employee performance and activities.
- Behavioral Analytics: Analyzes granular customer app behavior data for insights.
- Customizable Monitoring Settings: Allows customization of monitoring settings to suit specific use cases or to implement predefined rules.
- Dashboard Insights: Provides visibility and actionable insights into workforce activities through a comprehensive dashboard.
14-Day Free Trial
Selenium is an open-source web automation tool and currently the most popular and widely used tool in the market. It is one of the best website automation tools which can automate across multiple OS Like Windows, Mac, and Linux and browsers like Firefox, Chrome, IE, as well as Headless Browsers.
9) HP UFT (aka QTP)
HPE Unified Functional Test is leading cross-platform automation web ui testing tool. It is one of the best website testing tools that can automate Web, Desktop, SAP, Delphi, Net, ActiveX, Flex, Java, Oracle, Mobile, PeopleSoft, PowerBuilder, Siebel, Stingray, Visual Basic amongst other applications. The list is of development environment it can automate is huge!
UFT uses VBScript as the scripting language.
It is one of the best web automation tools which is tightly integrated with HP ALM (Test Management Tool) and HP LoadRunner (Performance Testing Tool)
Some of the distinguishing features of UFT include Business Process Testing, keyword driven framework, XML support, robust checkpoints, test results.
Features & Functionalities:
- Storing an expected result in the form of a screen or GUI object and comparing it with run-time screen or object
- Executing tests from a stored scripts
- Logging test results
- Sending test summary to test management tools
- Access of data files for use as test data
Defect Tracking Tools
Thousands of software professionals use JIRA as a bug-tracking tool because of it’s easy to use the framework. JIRA is a commercial product and helps to capture and organize the team issues, prioritizing the issue and updating them with the project. It is a tool that directly integrates with the code development environments making it a perfect fit for developers as well. Due to its capability to track any kind of issues, it is not just restricted to the software industry. It supports agile projects. It comes with many add-ons that make this tool more powerful than other tools
Life Time Free Basic Plan
BugZilla is a popular bug tracking tool. This web tester tool is an open source software and provides some great features like
- E-mail notification for change in code
- Reports and Charts
- Patch Viewers
- List of bugs can be generated in different formats
- Schedule daily, monthly and weekly reports
- Detect duplicate bug automatically
- Setting bug priorities by involving customers
- Predict the time a bug may get fixed
It is the leading cloud based web and mobile app testing platform. It allows you to run tests in the cloud on more than 260 different browser platform and devices. There is no VM set up, or maintenance required. With access to live breakpoints, you can easily take control of the system to investigate a problem manually. With Sauce Lab, you can list the recently run tests in chronological order, with information about the runtime, testing platform, build and whether they passed or failed.
With browser stack, it is possible to do web based browser testing on desktop and mobile browser. It is cloud based, and so it does not require any installation, and the pre-installed developer tools are useful for quick cross-browser testing and debugging. With browser-stack, you can set up a comprehensive testing environment with support for proxies, firewalls and Active Directory. It supports opera mobile, Android, Windows (XP, 7 and 8), iOS, OSX snow leopard, lion and mountain lion and so on. Browser stack allows you to test your pages remotely.
Web API Testing Tools
Tricentis provides a Continuous Testing platform that accelerates testing to keep pace with Agile and DevOps. Prominent API Testing features of Tricentis Tosca are –
- It is one of the best browser automation tools that supports a wide array of protocols including HTTP(s) JMS, AMQP, Rabbit MQ, TIBCO EMS, SOAP, REST, IBM MQ, NET TCP
- It integrates into the Agile and DevOps Cycle
- It uses model-based test automation that makes script maintenance easy.
- Enables end-to-end testing as API tests can be used across mobile, cross-browser, packaged apps, etc.
Tricentis’ 400+ customers include global names from the Top 500 brands such as ExxonMobil, HBO, Whole Foods, Toyota, Allianz, BMW, Starbucks, Deutsche Bank, Lexmark, Orange, A&E, Vantiv, Vodafone, Telstra, and UBS.
15) SOAP UI
The most widely popular tool for API testing in the world, SoapUI allows you to test REST and SOAP APIs with ease – as it has been built specifically for API testing.
- Quick and Easy Test Creation: Point-and-click, drag-and-drop, functionality makes complicated tasks (like working with JSON and XML) simple
- Powerful data-driven testing: Load data from Excel, files, and databases to simulate the way consumers interact with your APIs
- Reusability of Scripts: Reuse your functional test cases as load tests and security scans in just a few clicks
- Seamless Integrations: Integrates with 13 API management platforms, supports REST, SOAP, JMS, and IoT
SoapUI NG Pro is used by thousands of leading companies around the world, including Apple, Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, HP, NASA, eBay, MasterCard, Intel, FedEx, and Pfizer
LoadNinja by SmartBear allows you to quickly create scriptless sophisticated load tests, reduce testing time by 50%, replace load emulators with real browsers, and get actionable, brower-based metrics, all at ninja speed. You can easily capture client-side interactions, debug in real time, and identify performance problems immediately. LoadNinja empowers teams to increase their test coverage without sacrificing quality by removing the tedious efforts of dynamic correlation, script translation, and script scrubbing. With LoadNinja, engineers, testers and product teams can focus more on building apps that scale and less on building load testing scripts.
- Scriptless load test creation & playback with InstaPlay recorder
- Real browser load test execution at scale
- VU Debugger – debug tests in real time
- VU Inspector – manage virtual user activity in real time.
- Hosted on the cloud, no server machine & upkeep required
- Sophisticated browser-based metrics with analytics and reporting features
- HTTP, HTTPS, SAP GUI Web, WebSocket, Java based protocol, Google Web Toolkit, Oracle forms, & more
14-Day Free Trial (No Credit Card Required)
17) Apache Jmeter
JMeter is an open source tool that can be used for performance and load testing for analyzing and measuring the performance of a variety of services. This tools mainly used for web and web service applications.
This tool to automate web test, does not demand state of the art infrastructure for load testing and supports multiple load injectors managed by a single controller
- Web: HTTP, HTTPS
- WebServices: XML, SOAP, etc.
- Java based protocols
Requirements Management Tools
18) Case Complete
Case Complete is an agile requirements management tool. You can capture requirements and cases for your web testing project with less effort.
Key Features & Functionalities:
- Storing Requirements
- Identifying undefined, missing or to be defined requirements
- Traceability of Requirements
- Interfacing with Test Management Tools
- Requirements Coverage
Test Data Preparation Tools
Test Data Anonymization is critical when testing websites with sensitive data, for example, banking. ARX is a robust Anonymization tool.
Key Features & Functionalities:
- Extract Selected data records from files or databases
- Data Anonymization
- Create new records populates with random data
- Create large number of similar records from a template
- It’s Open Source
Static Analysis Tool
PMD is a cross-language static code analyzer. The tool will be useful in finding unused variables, empty catch blocks, the redundant object in your web code.
Key Features & Functionalities:
- Calculate Cyclomatic Complexity
- Enforce Coding Standards
- Analyse Structure and Dependencies
- Help in understanding Code
- Identify defects in code
List of the Best Web Testing Tools
Here are some of the best web testing tools:
- testRigor – Best for Fast and Stable Mobile Test
- Testpad – Best for Finding Bugs
- TestComplete – Best for Automated UI Tests
- QA Wolf – Best for Ease of Use
- Katalon Platform – Best for Beginners & Advanced
- Intruder – Best-in-class threat coverage with over 10,000 security checks
- Teramind – Behavioral Analytics, Data Insights & Enforcement for All Organizations