Marketing is a major module provided by SAP CRM other than Sales and Service.
SAP CRM provides different capabilities using which it is possible to implement various Marketing related business process.
- These marketing capabilities can be easily customized in order to match with customer specific business processes.
- Also similar to other CRM modules marketing capabilities can be integrated with other CRM module capabilities and external systems.
- Considering the importance of customer interaction all the SAP CRM marketing capabilities are well integrated with various kinds of, both inbound and outbound channels:
- SAP CRM Marketing analytics provides:
- robust set of analytic around the customer and products
- it ranges from basic reporting to advanced analytics
- predictive models/scores
- optimization capabilities
Following are the major SAP CRM Marketing capabilities:
- Segment and List Management capabilities are integrated through an easy to use graphical, interactive tool.
- With this tool SAP CRM marketing provides capabilities to import in external data like rented or purchased lists and create new customer attributes
- Customizing settings for SAP CRM Marketing are integrated into transaction SPRO which could be accessed through the SAP GUI
Marketing Plans and Campaign Management
With SAP CRM you can view your marketing projects from three different perspectives:
- Marketing Calendar: For a certain time range it provides an overview of all marketing projects
- Marketing Plan: Provides hierarchical view
- Campaign automation: It offers Java applet-based process view
- As part of the SAP CRM Marketing project we have Marketing Elements at Strategic Planning Level and operative Task / Level.
- At Strategic Planning Level it offers Marketing Plan.
- Marketing plan is for planning a concrete marketing concept.
- In a marketing plan it is possible to define the strategic goals like targeted market share, budget, etc.
- Number of marketing elements is used to structure a marketing plan in form of a hierarchy.
- Marketing Plan is a top-down allocation to brand, region and so on.
- It is possible to assign one or more campaigns to each marketing plan.
- As Operative Task it includes Campaign/Promotion.
- Campaigns are to focus on operative doing.
- In a campaign you can define:
- Event characteristics like Dates, objectives, tactics, etc.
- Execution parameters like products, prices and so on.
- Intended audience as target group or customer segment.
- Finally it includes Campaign Execution.
- For a marketing plan or/and campaign, in the general data we have relevant type.
- This Type behaves as the controlling element in the marketing.
- It helps in defining appropriate objectives and tactics along with default attributes such as action profile or status profile.
- To control this, it is possible to define relationship between types, objectives, and tactics as part of SAP CRM Marketing customizing.
- Default statuses for CRM Marketing:
- In the customizing it allows to define user statuses and assignment of these user statuses to the certain type (campaign type).
- It is the current marketing element status (or the combination of all statuses) that determines the business transaction which could be executed for a marketing element.
A marketing element has its own life cycle which begins when it is created and ends with its closure or cancellation.
- During this life cycle marketing element goes through several system statuses.
- Marketing organization is assigned in the General Data of marketing plan details and campaign details.
- For a certain time range Integrated Marketing Calendar gives an overview of all marketing activities which are planned and running.
- It is Adobe Flex technology based central entry point for the marketing activities.
- It offers capabilities to create new marketing projects and/or reschedule existing ones.
- It supports drag and drop feature for certain functionalities like changing the dates.
- SAP CRM Marketing supports mass assignment of products, product groups or a product hierarchy to marketing projects in a single step.
- It could be configured through the customizing settings for Product assignment, Product group assignment and Assignment of Product Groups / Assign Product Hierarchies
- Discounts can be configured based on products and partners using the pricing concepts:
- Partner determination procedure can be used to work with partners in a marketing object.
- In case of campaign, it is possible to make the partner determination procedure campaign-type-dependent.
- Partner determination procedure and its assignment to a marketing element is maintained in the SAP CRM customizing.
- For business partners involved in the campaign, “Involved Parties” is the assignment block available in the Web UI.
- In a campaign, we can also maintain the communication channel which represents the communication medium to be used for this particular campaign
- Possible list of communication medium can be maintained in the customizing.
- It is possible to perform campaign execution based on preferred communication method (e-mail, phone, and so on) of user.
- For this, BP master data must be updated with the preferred communication method.
- In case preferred method is not maintained, priority based backup methods can be set; for example, phone first, then e-mail, letter, fax and so on.
- Conditions that must fulfill before you can execute an e-mail campaign:
- A campaign must exist
- A target group must exist
- An e-mail form must exist
- The sender’s address is required to send the e-mails
- Segmentation includes following major marketing related processes:
- Creating Attributes for Business Partner Segmentation
- Maintaining Data Sources for Segmentation
- Graphical Modeler: Usage, Data Flow, Integration
- Creating Segmentation Basis and perform De-duplication
- You can create marketing attributes in order to characterize business partners.
- Different data sources for segmentation and target group
- Also it is possible to define the data source to build target groups.
- Target groups can then be used with marketing activity to address a particular group of customers or prospects.
- Attributes can be the same regional affiliation, the same hobby, the same amount of money spent during the last few months, and so on.
- Business Partners Segmentation process:
- Target groups are created using the Segmentation.
- Segment builder is used for the segmentation.
- Segmentation Models:
- Do not have to have target groups or segments assigned
- It can have subsets within it
- A segment is assigned to only one segmentation model
- Target groups are not assigned to it
- To assign a segment to different segmentation model it must be recreated by copying
- Target Group:
- It can only be assigned once
- Marketing Planner can use only active target groups
- Personalized mail can be used to send tailored marketing information to the members of target groups.
- The form builder application can be used for the personalized communication through following interaction channel:
- E-Mail (Plain Text or HTML)
- Using mail form builder tool, it is possible to:
- Personalize messaging to target list members
- Assign mail forms to campaign target lists
- Embed links (URL) to websites in generated e-mails
- Insert subject lines dependent on conditions
- Used to define the layout and content of the information
- Can be used for direct marketing campaigns
- Integrated editor could be used to enter text or HTML source code
- Supports to control the formatting of the mail form
- Enables to insert graphics and attachments
- You can set the communication channel for which it needs to be used
- It is possible to set the default value
- It supports layout mode and source code mode
- Attribute context can be set to populate data dynamically in mail form
- It supports conditional text blocks, i.e. the final content generated could be output from several text blocks
- This process is used to create campaigns based on predefined criteria such that it executes without any manual action.
- Predefined conditions could be based up on time framework, customer answers, other campaign relations, etc.
- Campaign automation can be used to:
- automate your multi-wave marketing campaigns across multiple channel
- model recurring campaign processes
- proceed the Campaign automatically without manual action
Elements of campaign process modelling:
- Depicts the start node of a campaign process
- A campaign process contains exactly one campaign
- Individual steps within a campaign process
- Can be created within process modeling are
- Depicts an action point within a campaign process
- Controls the follow-up steps that are carried out when a response is received from a customer or prospect
- Optimizes the campaign for probability, taking business constraints into account
- Used to jump into another “event-triggered” campaign