YTMP3.cc is an online tool that helps users convert YouTube videos for downloading. The site provides options to change the URL video to other audio or video formats such as MP4 or MP3. Once the video changes, you can download it to your device. The site is free and generates revenue from displaying ads that link to other sites.
The problem with the tool is the malicious ads that may lead to malicious websites once clicked. These sites may also collect data from your device without your knowledge. It may also trick you into installing counterfeit software updates using popup ads. This article will explain how to use YTMP3.cc without compromising your online security.
How to identify the virus in Windows and mac
Your PC may already have viruses or malware from YTMP3.cc. You can use the following options to check your device health:
- Check signs and symptoms: You’ll have the usual signs when a virus infects your device. These include unreasonable slow performance even when the CPU is not in use. You may also get unusual popups on your desktop or browser. Some applications might begin to crash or display error messages.
- Run a computer virus scan: You can install a reputable antivirus that scans your computer. Virus signature database – Stores information on all viruses that exist.
- Check for suspicious files or software: You may start seeing files you didn’t create or save or unknown programs you didn’t install. Some malicious programs may disguise themselves as legitimate products.
- Watch network traffic: Viruses may also cause unrecognized network traffic. You may notice increased data expenses or unknown outbound connections. You can use the task manager or a dedicated network traffic checker to track your traffic.
- Probe system logs: Your system logs can track your PC’s activity. Any unusual access to files or unauthorized system modifications indicates infection. You should perform a full system scan to detect viruses.
- Hardware issues: Viruses may advance and even destroy your PC hardware, such as internal components, battery life, and storage disks.
- Browser homepage changes: Adware and malicious add-ons may change your default homepage. Viruses may have replaced your search engine with a different search engine.
Method 1: Get rid of YTMP3.cc adware from your browser
When YTMP3.cc installs adware, it will display unwanted popups and redirects when you’re busy using your browser. Your data, such as your common default search engine prompts, may be stolen. Adware is also irritating when you wish to focus on your tasks. Some malicious scripts may also steal your personal information. Use these methods to remove adware from your browser:
How to remove YTMP3.cc adware from Google Chrome.
Here are steps with pictorial illustrations on ytmp3 cc removal from google chrome.
Step 1) Find the options menu button at the top right corner below the close window icon.
Step 2) Select the settings option from the dropdown menu.
Step 3) Choose the reset settings option.
Step 4) Tap restore settings to their original defaults.
Step 5) From the popup window, choose the reset settings button.
How to remove YTMP3.cc adware from Mozilla Firefox
Follow these steps to remove the adware from Mozilla Firefox
Step 1) Click on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of your Firefox browser and select the help option from the menu bar.
Step 2) Tap on more troubleshooting information.
Step 3) Select the Refresh Firefox option.
Step 4) Tap the red refresh Firefox option.
How to end YTMP3.cc adware from Microsoft Edge
You can also remove YTMP3.cc adware from your Edge browser using these steps:
Step 1) Locate and click the three horizontal dots next to the bing discover button at the top of the window.
Step 2) Choose the settings options from the drop-down menu that appears.
Step 3) Select reset settings.
Step 4) Click Restore settings to their default values.
Step 5) Choose the reset option.
Method 2: How to avoid infecting your Windows with the Ytmp3 virus.
Follow these tips on how to avoid infecting your Windows with the YTMP3 virus:
- Ensure you visit the ytmp3.cc legit site to avoid malicious redirects.
- Be careful when installing video downloaders from untrusted websites. Get them from well-known sources such as Microsoft Store or the official websites.
- Avoid clicking popup ads as YTMP3 viruses can infect your computer through malicious ads that appear as you browse. Don’t tap them, especially when they seem suspicious or too good to be true.
- Keep updating your Windows operating system. You can install current anti malware software security patches to protect your PC from malware infections.
- Crosscheck the files you want to download from YTMP3.cc before clicking save. Ensure that the name of the item you intend to get matches the name of the video. You can also check the extension of the file.
- Install a virtual private network (VPN). It protects your online network connection.
- Use an Ad-blocker. An ad-blocker software designed to filter or block online adverts on a browser.
- Download software updates from official sites.
Method 3: How to Remove the Ytmp3.cc Virus
When your pc gets malicious programs from YTMP3, remove them using an antivirus program like Norton or Kaspersky. There are also free antivirus options. You can uninstall the malicious program from your PC, but to fully clean your PC, use a dedicated top-tier antivirus program.
Follow these steps to remove YTMP3.cc programs:
Step 1) Open your settings from the start menu.
Step 2) Select the apps option.
Step 3) Choose the installed apps option.
Step 4) Locate potentially unwanted programs and select uninstall.
To make sure your computer is completely free of the Ytmp3.cc virus, you can use antivirus software. The programs are created and updated to remove the virus.
Download an antivirus program. Ensure you use the official sites to avoid deceptive sites. After installing the software, run a full PC scan. The full scan will highlight any malicious files or potentially unwanted software.
You may then clean the infected files. Here’s a list of some of the best antivirus software:
- Avast: Has a firewall, antitheft features, and is user-friendly.
- Norton: Has identity theft features, cloud backup, and performance optimization
- Kaspersky: Has VPN, system cleanup, and file backup options.
YTMP3.cc is a tool to use to download and convert your videos. Tool itself is not dangerous however, it can make you install malicious software, give personal information such as credit card data, or lead you to unwanted sites. The ads can also install rogue plugins and unwanted extensions on your browser.
You can remove them by uninstalling them or resetting your browser. The best way to protect your PC and precious documents is by installing a robust antivirus program like Norton or Kaspersky.