Free malware removal software can detect malicious files and software from the computer system. These tools can be used to protect your personal information and browse the internet safely. Such application can warn you when the server, network, or website is infected.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Malware Removal Software, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
Best Malware Removal Software for Windows
|👍 TotalAV||✅||Learn More|
|Outbyte PC Repair||✅||Learn More|
|Malware Hunter||✅||Learn More|
TotalAV Antivirus is a free malware removal that offers complete security for all your household devices in one simple to use Desktop and Smartphone application. It offers real-time Anti-Malware, Anti-Ransomware, Anti-Spyware, Anti-Adware protection.
- Remote Firewall allows remote access to your devices
- Real-Time antivirus protection
- Offers a highly secured Password Vault
- Eliminate viruses, trojans & malware
- Ad Block Pro feature enables safe browsing with a VPN
- Free up memory with disk cleaner
- Supported platforms: Windows, iOS, and Android.
Outbyte PC Repair is a window repair pc optimizer tool that allows you to see a quick performance overview of your computer. It helps you to identify and resolve performance issues that might be affecting your PC.
- dentify and remove unused temporary or cached files
- It helps you to prioritize specific apps for CPU processor time
- Enables you to control the privacy of your data by disabling Windows telemetry features.
- Helps you to solve hundreds of the most common PC issues
- Supported platform: Windows.
Malwarebytes is the best malware removal tool that protects your PC devices against malicious websites, ransomware, and malware. This software can detect and blocks more than 8,000, 000 threats per day. It can clean threat infected devices.
- The software can warn when the server, network, or website is infected.
- Malwarebytes enables you to discover all networked endpoints.
- This tool provides a centralized management facility.
- This free malware software offers a safer browsing experience.
- This anti malware software can conduct a privacy audit for all apps.
- Support many languages, including English, French, German, Italian, and more.
- It can find and remove adware.
HitmanPro is a malware remover tool that can find malware and destroy it. You can use this software without installing it. This application can scan for bad behavior.
- Damaged resources can be brought to safe conditions.
- The application provides the best malware protection and can perform a deep scan before the OS boots.
- You can perform a quick scan to check the only infected part of your system.
- This anti malware software can remove rootkits, viruses, spyware, and adware.
#5) Malware Hunter
Malware Hunter is one of the best free anti malware tool that can detect and remove malware against potential danger. The automatic updates of real-time protection can keep your computer up to date and secure.
- You can scan your system fast.
- This malware scanner provides real time protection.
- It is one of the best virus removal software that offers an intuitive user interface.
- This malware removal tool can protect your privacy.
- It protects you from all types of threads.
Malwarefox is a tool that provides computer protection against malware. It can repair files damaged by a rootkit. The tool can prevent threat infection in real time.
- The tool provides a browser cleanup facility.
- This free malware software offers 24×7 day protection.
- You install the software without any hassle.
- The tool has a user-friendly interface.
- It is a lightweight application hence does not occupy more space in your PC.
iolo System Mechanic is software that uses behavior monitoring techniques to remove the malware. The tool helps you to search and destroy malicious software programs.
- It offers cloud-based malware analysis
- The tool can detect the latest threats.
- iolo System Mechanic software provides a user-friendly interface.
- This application helps you to protect your online privacy.
- This anti malware software helps you to erase your hard drive.
Advanced System Protector is software that can protect your PC against malware. It enables you to scan and remove malware infections from your computer system.
- It helps you to secure your data.
- The software can detect internet browsing history and browser cookies for privacy.
- It can isolate suspicious data from other files to prevent further spreading of infection.
- Advanced System protector does not consume system resources.
- This application never slows down your system while performing a scan.
IObit is a simple and easy-to-use software that can detect malware. It helps you to clean, speed up, optimize, and protect your system. The tool also allows you to safeguard your online privacy.
- The tool can block real-time threats.
- It provides privacy and browser protection.
- Advanced SystemCare can stop the malicious process running in RAM.
- IObit Malware Fighter increase system security and refresh your web browsing.
- Drive Error Resolver & Repair windows
- It has a single click removal of Software leftovers.
McAfee is a tool that helps you to protect your PC from phishing and malware. It also allows you to capture malicious programs before they reach your computer.
- Prevent various types of viruses, malware, and ransomware from infecting your computer.
- It helps you to secure our firewall and block hackers from accessing your home network.
- Enables you to store and manage all your online passwords in a single location.
- Keep sensitive files private by storing them on your system with 256-bit encryption.
Avast is one of the best free malware removal program that can protect PC against viruses and malware. It can block all potential threats in your computer. This tool enables you to find browser vulnerabilities.
- This free malware removal tool can detect malicious software before you install them.
- This program can protect malware-infected links on the web.
- You can easily perform a regular scan in order to detect vulnerability and threats.
- Avast can verify the security of the Wi-Fi network.
- It is available for iOS, Android, and Mac.
#12) Wise Anti Malware
Wise Anti Malware is a malware cleaning tool that can boost your computer speed. This tool can provide real-time protection against malicious software.
- It can remove pop-up ads.
- This malware tool can defend against all kinds of threats like malware, virus, phishing, spyware, and more.
- Cleans internet history and other traces on available your computer.
- It can protect your privacy.
- Increase computer performance by defragging and re-arranging files on your hard disk.
- It scheduled automatic disk cleaning.
- Automatically update software.
SolarWinds Security Event Manager is a tool that helps you to improve your computer security. This application can automatically detect threats, monitor security policies, and protect your network.
- This network security software has inbuilt integrity monitoring.
- It has an intuitive user interface and dashboard.
- SolarWinds contains integrated compliance reporting tools.
- It has a centralization log collection.
- The tool can find and respond to threats faster.
Xvirus is simple and easy to use tool that helps you to keep your PC safe from unwanted threats. This tool enables you to scan your computer without any hard work.
- The tool can protect your computer in real time.
- It uses low system resources.
- Offers a user-friendly interface.
- Xvirus automatically update in the background.
- It is compatible with your current antivirus solution.
#15) Zemana Antimalware
Zemana Antimalware is a tool that helps you to scan and removes malware from your PC. The tool can remove annoying browser add ons, unwanted apps, and adware.
- This malware scanner offers a registry startup scan.
- Zemana Antimalware offers live customer support.
- The tool allows you to schedule your scan.
- This malware removal software is compatible with Android and Windows.
SpyHunter is a tool that can scan and remove spyware, viruses, ransomware, trojan, worms, and more. This application enables you to schedule your scan at daily, monthly, or weekly intervals.
- Allows you to perform customize scans as per your desire.
- You can scan a specific drive or folder.
- It can analyze memory, cookies, and registry.
- Provides 24/7 customer support.
- Prevent malicious objects from modifying your internet connection.
GridinSoft is a malware protection software that can check your computer for malware. This free malware removal tool for Windows 10 ensures that your system is clean and saved from malicious threats.
- You can perform an unlimited scan for threats.
- This anti-malware software has a startup guard that can accelerate computer startup.
- GridinSoft can protect your browser from phishing websites.
- It can block annoying ads and clear automatic tracking cookies.
STOPzilla is a program that can remove malware and prevents new infection. It provides web filters to protect against malicious sites.
- The application is easy to use.
- It helps you to increase the speed of the computer.
- STOPzilla is compatible with the Windows operating system.
- Prevent infection of malware.
- You can get protection from malicious sites.
#19) Panda Security
Panda Security is a tool that can protect your computer against malware while you work or browse online. This application can secure your system, emails, networks, and other private information.
- This malware remover tool provides Wi-Fi protection against hackers.
- You can scan the external device for threats.
- It offers an initiative interface.
- Provides Wi-Fi protection
- You can monitor threats in real time.
Bytefence is a program that provides protect your computer against malware. It is one of the best malware removal tool which offers real time protection that keeps you protected from unwanted software.
- It can protect against malware and remove harmful trojans, spyware, and worms.
- Bytefence provides 24/7 protection.
- You can scan your PC with just one mouse click.
Clamav is an open-source tool for detecting malware, trojans, viruses, and more. This free malware protection tool provides a command-line utility for scanning file on demand.
- This malware scanner supports multiple file formats and signature languages.
- It has easy to use interface.
- You can quickly scan files to detect threats.
- It allows you to scan your emails.
- The software enables you to easily update the database.
❓ What is Malware Removal Software?
Malware removal software can detect malicious files and software from the computer system. These tools can be used to protect your personal information and browse the internet safely. Such application can warn you when the server, network, or website is infected.
🚀 Which are the Best Malware Removal Software?
Here are some of the best malware removal software:
⚡ What is the difference between antivirus software and anti-malware software?
As name suggest, antivirus software is for virus removal while antimalware is for malware detection and removal. A very few antivirus software has limited malware detection capabilities.
Antivirus software are more effective and efficient on the threats like virus, worms, keyloggers, etc. On the other hand, anti-malware software can find and remove new and advanced malware strains and strengthen security. For better protection, you will need both the software.
💻 How do I know if my computer is infected with malware?
If you find following signs on your computer, then your computer is infected with malware:
- Your PC is slowing down
- Unusual error messages
- Annoying ads are displayed
- Pop-up messages
- Not able to access control panel
🏅 What are the most common types of malware attacks?
The most common types of malware attacks are Trojan Horses, viruses, spyware, ransomware, and worms.
✅ How to use Malware Removal Tool?
Here is a step by step process on how to use a malware removal tool:
- Step 1) Download and install any malware removal tool you like from the above-given list
- Step 2) After installing, activate the product through the given activation key by the service provider
- Step 3) Once activated, open and start the software on your system
- Step 4) Now, run the scanning process to scan your entire system for malware, viruses, and other threats
- Step 5) Once the scan is successfully finished, the software will show the potential threats on your system with required troubleshooting actions
- Step 6) Once you confirm the actions, it will run the actions and troubleshoot the threats to protect your system