Mobile Testing Tools help you automate testing of your Android and iOS Apps. These Mobile Application testing software can reduce the time needed for the testing process and the chances of human errors during test execution.
Following is a handpicked list of Top mobile automation testing tools, with their popular features and download links. The list contains both open source (free) and paid software.
Best Mobile App Testing Tools for Automation Testing
Kobiton allows testers an easy-to-use platform to access real devices for manual and automated testing. Kobiton supports complex gestures, ADB shell commands, geo-location, and device connection management. It also offers real-time insight into logs users can explore and download so issues can be identified and resolved.
- Ease of use: Centralizes testing history and data logs for increased collaboration and simplifies user experience to streamline test sessions. It also provides the latest real, cloud-based devices and configurations.
- Test features: It has capabilities like performance testing, customizable Test Cloud, Agile Test Enabler, Rich Test Logs and Optimized Efficiency.
- Safe Deployment: This platform offers an on-premises deployment option, as you have more control over security when it is deployed on-site.
- Natural gestures: You can perform all gestures you require for testing the devices, such as scrolling, swiping, and tapping.
- Support programming language: It supports programming languages like C#, Java, Ruby, NodeJS, PHP, and Python.
- Supported frameworks: Kobiton supports multiple frameworks like React Native, Ionic, Electron Native Script, Xamarin, and Flutter.
- Types of testing: It supports Performance Testing, Automation testing, Manual Testing, Functional Testing, and more.
- Integrations: Kobiton seamlessly integrates with Travis CI, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, XebiaLabs, TeamCity, Circleci, Jira, and more.
- Other features: It provides record-and-replay, cross-browsing functionality, no-code automation, remote debugging, and real device testing.
- Support: This application provides customer support via Chat, Contact form, and Email.
- Supported Platforms: Kobiton supports both iOS and Android devices.
Pricing: Its Startup plan is $75 a month, its Accelerate plan comes at $390, its Scale plan has annual billing, and its Enterprise plan provides customized models.
Free trial: It offers a 14 Days Free Trial (No Credit Card Required)
14 Days Free Trial (No Credit Card Required)
testRigor helps you to directly express tests as executable specifications in plain English. Users of all technical abilities are able to build end-to-end tests of any complexity covering mobile, web, and API steps in one test. Test steps are expressed on the end-user level instead of relying on details of implementation like XPaths or CSS Selectors.
- Test features: It allows unlimited users and unlimited tests, has a recorder for web steps, and includes Web + Mobile + API steps in one test. This app also uses generative AI to generate tests, simple English for easy understanding, and tests solely from the user’s point of view.
- Frameworks: It supports numerous frameworks like Android, iOS, Angular, React, React Native, and Flutter.
- Types of testing: This platform supports various evaluations like API Testing, Audio Testing, Functional Testing, Security Testing, and more
- Integrations: It can integrate with TestRail, Zephyr, XRay, Jira, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, CircleCI, Azure DevOps, PagerDuty, and others.
- Other features: It provides other features like mocking API calls, accessing DBs, record-and-replay, Cross-browsing functionality, and No-code automation. TestRigor also includes functions like validation of downloaded files and supports multiple browsers and devices.
- Support: It provides customer support via Contact Form and includes 2FA login support.
- Supported Platforms: TestRigor supports popular mobile operating systems like iOS and Android
Price: Its plan starts at $900 a month, and it also has a custom pricing plan.
Free Trial: Lifetime Free, it has Public Open-Source Plan.
Lifetime Free Public Open Source Plan
ACCELQ offers AI-powered codeless test automation and management built on a cloud-native platform. ACCELQ provides a unified platform for mobile, web, API, database, and packaged apps. Automation-first, codeless capabilities make it easy to use for testing teams without deep programming expertise. ACCELQ allows businesses to achieve 3x productivity and over 70% savings with its industry-first autonomics-based automation platform.
- Ease of use: This platform enables manual testers to automate without the need for any programming skills. You can design, develop and execute mobile test automation with zero setups and no coding.
- AI-powered: It has AI-powered Mobile Object handling and self-healing capabilities that eliminate Test Flakiness. You also get AI-based automated test case generation and data planning.
- No code editor: You get an automation flow recorder together with a powerful natural language no-code editor.
- No custom frameworks: It has a design-first approach with inbuilt modularity, thus, you do not need custom frameworks.
- Automation: Accelq has robust and sustainable automation that’s significantly low on maintenance. Its automation also executes across Mobile OS and is agnostic of Development frameworks.
- In-sprint automation: It has in-sprint automation that aligns with DevOps and Agile. Thus, both teams can work on the same task simultaneously.
- Integration: Accelq integrates a Mobile Cloud Device execution farm with public and private device options for cross-device testing in the Plug and Play model. It also includes seamless CI/CD integration and natural traceability.
- Other features: It offers a visual app model for business process validation. This testing tool includes built-in test management, governance capabilities, and version control. It also has Mobile, Web, API, backend, and full-stack automation in the same unified flow.
- Supported Platforms: It supports platforms like web on mobile, native iOS, native Android, and Hybrid Apps.
Price: Its starting plan SME charges $150 per month. The professional plan costs $350 per month, and the unified web version costs $440 per month.
Free Trial: It has a 14 Days Free Trial ( No Credit Card Required )
14 Days Free Trial ( No Credit Card Required )
Built on top of Appium and Selenium, Katalon Platform removes the tools’ existing steep learning curve and in turn brings a codeless testing experience to users at all scales and expertise. In addition to supporting Android & IOS platforms, testing across OS (Windows, macOS, and Linux) is also available.
- Test execution: Execute tests locally and remotely on real devices, simulators, or custom cloud-based devices (Sauces Lab, Kobiton, Perfecto, Lambda Test, etc.)
- Test features: It offers Self-Healing, Autonomous Script Generation, Speed, Flexibility & Scalability, Visibility, Innovation & AI and Affordability & ROI. This platform also offers flexible test reusability across mobile platforms, API, and Web.
- Integrations: You can reduce maintenance efforts via built-in integration with commonly used project management tools (Jira, Git, Jenkins, etc.) It also integrates with Azure DevOps, BrowserStack, Circle CI, CodeMagic, Curiosity, GitHub, Google Cloud Build, and more.
- Test reports: It provides insightful test reports of all testing stages for better monitor and collaboration across teams.
- Frameworks: Katalon offers various frameworks like Flutter, Xamarin, and React Native.
- Types of testing: It supports AI- Visual Testing, Web Testing, API Testing, Mobile Testing, Desktop Testing, and more
- Other features: Katalon offers record-and-replay, Cross-browsing functionality, No-code automation, and real devices testing
- Support: It provides customer support via Chat, Contact form, and Email.
- Supported Platforms: You can use this platform to test iOS, and Android devices and apps.
Price: It has a premium plan that comes in $167 per month and is billed annually, and an Ultimate plan that offers custom pricing.
Free Trial: Lifetime Free Public Open Source Plan.
Lifetime Free Public Open Source Plan
Perfecto is the industry-leading testing cloud for mobile app testing. Prepare your apps for a mobile-first world. Deliver exceptional digital experiences faster and with confidence with Perfecto.
- Emulators and simulators: You can add Android Emulators and simulators to increase the speed of your testing, reduce costs and gain more scalability.
- Reporting: It provides unified reporting, uses ML power to identify issues faster, and utilizes root cause analysis to fix bugs immediately.
- Types of testing: This testing platform supports continuous Testing, Automated Testing, Interactive Testing, API Testing, Mobile Application Testing, Interactive testing, mWeb Testing, and more.
- Integrations: It integrates with Eclipse, IntelliJ, Appium, Espresso, Quantum, TestNG, JUnit, Jira, slack, Perfecto, and others.
- Test features: Perfecto offers Visual Creation, Intelligent Test Creation & Maintenance, Automatic Device Cleanup, Intelligent Reporting & Debugging, Cloud-Based Collaboration Live Session Sharing, and Secure Local Tunneling.
- Frameworks: It supports frameworks like Flutter, Xamarin, and React Native.
- Other features: Deep technical expertise and support to help you succeed, enterprise-grade security, and Smart analytics for faster feedback and fixes. It also provides unmatched coverage across platforms and testing scenarios. Perfecto also provides record-and-replay, cross-browsing functionality, no-code automation, and real-device testing.
- Support: You can get customer support via Chat and Contact Form.
- Supported Platforms: It supports mobile platforms like iOS and Android.
Price: Its Live plan pricing starts at $83 a month, and its Automated plus Manual testing starts at $125 per month, both these plans are billed annually. You can contact support for their Scriptless and Enterprise plan’s pricing.
Free Trial: 14 Days Free Trial
14 Days Free Trial
TestGrid allows users to perform both manual and automated testing of their mobile applications on real devices hosted on-cloud or on your premise in the easiest way.
You can engage your testing and business teams to build and execute test cases without any pre-requisites of programming knowledge. With TestOS users don’t have to worry about rewriting different test cases but reuse almost all the tests on different versions of the app and on other apps as well. Start with a free plan and upgrade at as low as $29/mo.
- Scriptless testing: It offers scriptless mobile app automation testing that can generate downloadable Appium and XCUITest code.
- Programming languages: It supports numerous programming languages like Java, C#, Ruby, Python, Perl, and PHP
- Frameworks: You will get different frameworks with TestGrid, such as NodeJS and React Native.
- Types of testing: TestGrid supports API Testing, Performance Testing, IoT Testing, Automation Testing, Security Testing, and hand gestures.
- Integrations: It easily integrates with Travis, Jenkins, CircleCI, BitBar, JIRA, GitLab, TestRail, MS TFS, and more.
- Other features: Its other features include Cloud Infrastructure, On-Prem Support, Test Case Management Suite, Test Data Management Suite, and record-and-replay. TestGrid also has Cross-browsing functionality, real devices testing, and parallel testing.
- Automation: It supports Robotic Test Automation, IoT Automation, API Test Automation, and AI-based no-code automation.
- Support: This mobile testing platform offers customer support via Live Chat, Contact form, and Email.
- Supported Platforms: It supports platforms like iOS, Android, Windows, and BlackBerry.
Price: Its private dedicated plan starts at $23 a month, and the Public Cloud plan costs $49, both are billed annually. TestGrid also has Enterprise/ On-Premise plan that is customizable.
Free Trial: Lifetime Free Basic Plan (It doesn’t require Credit Card)
Lifetime Free Basic Plan (No Credit Card Required)
LambdaTest is a digital experience testing platform that enables developers and QA engineers to perform manual and automated testing of website and mobile applications on an online device farm of real Android and iOS devices. You can test dev and production apps on real devices, thereby unblocking your team, getting accurate results, and reducing operational costs by eliminating the need for in-house device labs.
- Improved test execution: It can improve test execution speed and productivity with one-click bug logging, insights, and detailed test logs.
- Remote testing: It lets you test remotely from different geographical locations and GPS geo-locations.
- Frameworks: LambdaTest supports popular mobile automation frameworks such as Appium, Espresso, XCUITest, and even Playwright.
- Advanced features: You can access advanced features such as Camera image captures, automating mobile gestures, app profiling, and more.
- Debug native apps: It can debug native apps in real time using device logs, app logs,network logs, screenshots, and videos.
- Other features: You can install and test apps via Google Play Store, App Store, App Center, and TestFlight. LambdaTest also lets you evaluate your locally or privately hosted apps before pushing them to a live environment.
- Integration: You can integrate your tests with third-party tools for CI/CD, project management, etc.
- Support: It provides around-the-clock customer support via In-App Chat Support, Contact Us Page, and Emails.
Pricing: Its starting plan, Live, costs $15 per month, and Real Device testing costs $25 per month and is billed annually. LambdaTest also offers an Enterprise plan that has customizable pricing.
Free trial: It has a free forever plan.
Free Forever Plan
Testim Mobile provides a mobile testing solution that enables faster and higher-quality application releases needed by agile development teams. Testim Mobile enables the entire team to achieve quality through fast, low-code authoring with the flexibility developers need to include custom code. Testim Mobile provides unmatched stability and reduced maintenance though AI-powered code locators able to adapt to application changes. It is part of a single platform for both web and mobile testing that supports testing across both real and virtual devices.
- Web and mobile applications: Test native iOS and Android applications from the same platform as web and mobile web applications. Supports web applications, websites, custom-built applications, cloud-native applications, native mobile applications.
- Low-code: Recorder-based testing to author mobile tests with real physical devices or emulators/simulators, saving time to write Appium scripts.
- Smart locators: Locators auto-improve when they fall below a threshold, fixing tests before they break while AI algorithms help stabilize automation and lower test maintenance. Testim can identify recording sequences and suggest reusable groups to auto-complete steps. Testim also suggests the likely cause of a test failure based on previous past failures.
- Reusable groups of test steps: Auto-grouping automatically identifies duplicate steps across tests and provides actionable recommendations that replace the duplicates with reusable shared groups. Auto-grouping detects duplicate steps and allows one-button refactoring to create shared groups.
- CI/CD pipeline integration: Integrate with popular tools and dynamically handle pipelines based on test status. DevOps toolchain integrations synch branches with Git, trigger runs on CI builds, create bug reports in Jira, or see results in Slack.
- GitOps support: Directly manage your GitHub development branches, pull requests, triggers, and merges.
- API testing: Integrate checks into your mobile UI tests to verify backend or service responses.
- Dashboards and reporting: Visualize latest status and improve using project, test suite, and team status, such as pass rates, activity.
14-Days Free Trial
9) Appium (iOS/Android Testing Tool)
Appium is an open source, and a cross platform Mobile Testing Tool for the hybrid and native iOS, it supports Android versions from 2.3 onwards. Appium works like a server running in the background like selenium server.
- Ease of use: You don’t have to re-compile the mobile app on a different platform and quickly set it up on all platforms. It also does not require anything to be installed on the device.
- UI Automator: Appium automates Android using the UI Automator library, which is given by Google as part of the Android SDK. On mobile devices, it can control Chrome and Safari and can be synchronized with the testing framework TestNG. In this case, it can produce informative and detailed reports much similar to Ranorex.
- Integrations: It can seamlessly integrate with BrowserStack and Jenkins. Additionally, with the help of Java, it can be integrated with other tools.
- Types of testing: It supports Web Testing, Performance Testing, API Testing, Security Testing, and more.
- Other features: Appium also provides record-and-replay, cross-browsing functionality, no-code automation, and real device testing.
- Support: It provides customer support via Discussion Groups, Appium Chat, and GitHub Issues.
- Supported Platforms: Appium supports iOS, Android, Windows, and Linux
Price: It is an Open-source Tool
Open source Tool
Selendroid is a test automation framework that drives off the UI of Android native and hybrid applications (apps) and the mobile web. Using the Selenium 2 client API tests are written.
- Selenium Inspector: It comes with a tool known as Selenium Inspector, it is a small web app that is planted inside. This tool allows you to inspect the current state of your app’s UI.
- Hot plugging: Selendroid supports hot plugging of hardware devices, so you can save time that otherwise is wasted in shutting down and switching on the device.
- Integrations: This platform can integrate with Selenium, Android SDK, Selenide, and Codemagic.
- Programming languages: It supports programming languages like Java. Selenium language script, Perl, C#, and more.
- Compatibility: Selendroid is one of the best mobile automation tools that is completely compatible with JSON wire protocol.
- Other features: It has other features like, no modification of the app under test, advanced user interactions API, provides real device testing, allows multiple Android targets, and simplifies test case development.
- Support: You can get hold of its customer support via GitHub for any issues.
- Supported Platforms: It supports Android and iOS native and hybrid using iOS driver.
Price: It is an Open source Tool.
Open source Tool
Calabash consists of libraries that allow test-code to programmatically interact with native and hybrid apps.
- APIs: This mobile app testing software offers APIs that are specifically designed for native apps running on touchscreen devices.
- Frameworks and languages: Calaba.sh offers different frameworks like Xamarin and React Native. And it supports programming languages like Java and Ruby.
- Types of testing: It supports different types of testing, such as Functional testing and Automated testing.
- Integrations: Calaba.sh Seamlessly integrates with Jira Software and any test framework based on Ruby.
- Libraries: It consists of libraries that allow test code to programmatically interact with native and hybrid apps.
- Cucumber: It supports the Cucumber framework, which makes it easier to understand by all business experts and non-technical QA staff.
- Other features: It provides record-and-replay and real device testing.
- Supported Platforms: This testing platform supports both iOS and Android
Pricing: Calaba.sh is an open-source tool.
Open source Tool
KIF mobile app testing tool is objective C based framework and is purely for iOS automated testing. Kif is an mobile automation framework which integrates directly with XCTests. It can be used when business folk are not involved in writing or reading test specs.
- Ease of use: Everything is in provided in one language, Objective C, so it is easy for pure iOS developers to pick up.
- Framework and Programming language: KIF offers different frameworks like React Native, a benefit offered by some of the best mobile testing tools available. Furthermore, it supports the C programming language.
- Type of testing: It supports functional testing, so you can use it to test all basic features against its functional requirements and specifications. KIF also supports gesture testing.
- Integration: It seamlessly integrates with Xcode Project, thus, you don’t have to install any additional packages or run any other web server. KIF can also integrate with third-party frameworks like RestKit.
- Other features: It provides record-and-replay and real devices testing, offers minimizing of indirection, easy configuration, wide OS, and Xcode
- Support: You can get assistance from customer support via Email.
- Supported Platforms: Since it is an iOS integration test framework, it supports iOS
Price: It is an open-source tool
Open source Tool