Before we learn about MEAN Stack Developer, let’s understand-
What is Mean Stack?
MEAN is a user-friendly stack which is the ideal solution for building dynamic websites and applications. This free and open-source stack offers a quick and organized method for creating rapid prototypes for web-based applications.
MEAN is comprised of four different technologies:
- MongoDB express is a schemaless NoSQL database system
- Express JS is a framework used to build web applications in Node
What is Mean Stack Developer?
What is MongoDB?
MongoDB is an open-source, cross-platform database which is written in C++. It stores data in the key-value pair, using binary data type like JSON. It is a document-oriented NoSQL Database. A document in MongoDB resembles an Object in OOPS
What is Express.JS?
Express is a mature, flexible, lightweight server framework. It is designed for building single, multi-page, and hybrid web applications. This lightweight framework uses the Pug engine to provide support for templates.
Express is the de-facto framework for Nodejs and is draws heavy inspiration from Sinatra, the popular Ruby framework.
What is Angular JS?
AngularJS allows us to use HTML as a template language. Therefore, you can extend HTML’s syntax to express the components of your application. Angular features like dependency injection and data binding eliminate plenty of code that you need to write.
What is Node JS?
Node.js uses a non-blocking and event-driven I/O model. This makes it lightweight and efficient, perfect for data-intensive real-time applications that run across distributed devices.
It allows developers to create data-intensive real-time apps that run across distributed devices. You can run Node.js runtime on Microsoft Windows, OS X, and Linux.
Mean Stack Architecture
The primary function of various components of Mean Stack Architecture are as follows:
Angular JS: Accept requests and display results to end user
NodeJS: Handle Client and Server Requests
Express JS: Make requests to Database and return a response
MongoDB: Store and retrieve data.
- Firstly, the client makes a request which is processed by the AngularJS
- After that, the request moves to NodeJS which will parse the request.
- ExpressJs will make calls to MongoDB to get or set data.
- MongoDB will retrieve the requested data and return that request to the Express JS
- NodeJS will return the request to the client.
- At the client side, AngularJS to display the result fetched from MongoDB.
What is Mean Stack Developer Salary?
The average salary for “mean stack developer” in the United States ranges from approximately $90,148 per year.
Skillsets of Mean Stack developer
- Mean stack developer should work on the Front-end and Back-end processes
- Mean Stack developer should able to work with HTML & CSS
- He/She should understand programming templates and architecture design guidelines
- Knowledge of web development, continuous integration, and cloud technologies
- Good understanding of DB architecture
- Knowledge of SDLC and experience developing in an Agile environment
- Collaborate with the IT team to build strong systems to support business objectives
- Of course, hands-on experience on Mongo, Express, Angular, Node.
What is the Future of Mean stack Developer?
Being, a Mean stack developer is highly desirable, challenging vocation. So, if you are ready to work on the diverse skill set and have the experience of working with various code languages and application, then you will become successful MEAN stack developer.
Application Architecture(Technical Architect) is an area you can easily progress in the future after gaining experience as a mean stack developer.
Advantages of Mean Stack
Here, are some most prominent reasons for using Mean Stack technology
- Allows creating a simple open source solution which can be used to build robust and maintainable solutions.
- Helps in rapid development of applications
- Use a uniform language throughout your stack
- Uses very low memory footprint/overhead
- Helps you to avoid unnecessary groundwork and keeps your application organized
- MongoDB is built for the cloud
- Node.js simplifies the server layer
- MEAN makes code isomorphic
Disadvantages of Mean Stack
- MongoDB may be an ideal choice for small to the mid-sized application. However, it is not the best option for large-scale applications
- There are no specific general JS coding guidelines
- Once you have developed the first site using Mean stack technology, it’s really hard to go back to the old approach
- It offers poor isolation of server from business logic
- You could potentially lose records
- MongoDB is an open-source, cross-platform database which is written in C++
- Express is a mature, flexible, lightweight server framework. It is designed for building single, multi-page, and hybrid web applications
- Mean Stck Architecture consists of MongoDB, Express JS, Angular JS, and NodeJS
- Mean stack (full stack developer) should work on the Front-end and Back-end
- MEAN is a user-friendly stack which is the ideal solution for building dynamic websites and applications.
- The biggest disadvantage of using Mean stack framework is that there are no specific general JS coding guidelines