Here, is a curated list of top 8 tools that can replace Jmeter. The following list includes commercial and open-source performance testing tools with popular features and download links.
LoadNinja by SmartBear allows you to quickly create scriptless sophisticated load tests, reduce testing time by 50%, replace load emulators with real browsers, and get actionable, brower-based metrics, all at ninja speed. You can easily capture client-side interactions, debug in real time, and identify performance problems immediately.
- Scriptless load test creation & playback with InstaPlay recorder
- Real browser load test execution at scale
- VU Debugger – debug tests in real time
- VU Inspector – manage virtual user activity in real time.
- Hosted on the cloud, no server machine & upkeep required
- Sophisticated browser-based metrics with analytics and reporting features
Gatling is an open-source load and performance management tool. It is
designed to treat your performance tests as production code. It comes with the excellent support of the HTTP protocol.
- Simulating a large number of users with complex behaviors
- Helps you to script your testing scenarios and automate your tests
- Collecting and aggregating all the requests' and response times
- Analyse and Investigate issues in your Application
Download link: https://gatling.io/
LoadView by Dotcom-Monitor provides on-demand, real browser-based load testing from the cloud. With the flexibility to design multiple test scenarios for today’s most demanding applications, LoadView empowers DevOps teams to test the limits of their websites, applications, and APIs. Measure client-side performance by simulating critical user interactions, ensuring a consistent user experience from around the world.
- Point and click scripting with the EveryStep Web Recorder
- Test compatibility on 40+ desktop/mobile browsers and devices
- Test Virtually Anything Rendered in a Browser - Flash, Silverlight, Java, HTML5, PHP, Ruby, and more
- Conduct dynamic API testing on virtually any type of system or infrastructure
- Generate virtual users from 13+ globally distributed cloud locations
- Gain insights into performance metrics and reporting essential for capacity planning
Locust is an open source load testing tool. It helps you to define user behavior with Python code and connect your system with millions of simultaneous users.
- Define user behavior in code
- Write user test scenarios in plain-old Python
- It can be used to test all type of systems
- Offers Web-based UI
Download link: https://locust.io/
5) Load runner
Loadrunner from Micro Focus is a widely used Load Testing tool. It offers a user-friendly monitoring and analysis interface with colored charts and graphics.
- Supports continuous testing
- LoadRunner can effectively work on several enterprise environments
- It is possible to run multiple protocol script with Loadrunner
- Integration with various development tools like Visual Studio, Jenkins, Selenium, etc.
Tsung is a distributed load testing written in the Erlang language, and it is available under the GPL license.
- Tsung allow to simulate up to 50,000 simultaneous users per physical computer
- Helps developers to write complex scripts
- Allows developers to monitor the target server
- Tsung is protocol independent so you can test XMPP, HTTP, SOAP, and PostgreSQL servers.
Download link: http://tsung.erlang-projects.org/
FunkLoad is a load and functional testing tool, written in Python. It allows you to perform functional testing of web projects and allows to conduct regression testing.
- Truly emulates a web browser with the help of enhanced Richard Jones' web unit
- Offers cookies, referrer and HTTP support
- Allows file upload and multipart/form-data submission
- Offers advanced test runner with multiple command-line options
Download link: https://github.com/nuxeo/FunkLoad
Loader.io is a free load testing tool which allows you to check the performance of your web-apps & API.
- Easy to use and understand web-based interface
- Fast processing of Data visualization
- No installation required
Download link: https://loader.io/
SmartMeter.io is an alternative to JMeter and aims to fix its drawbacks. It allows for easy scriptless test scenario creation using the so-called Recorder, yet still lets you make advanced edits of the test. It also excels in test reporting and makes use of functions such as automatic test criteria evaluation, test runs comparison and trend analysis. It fully supports CI/CD integration. Available for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
- Scriptless test scenario creation
- Comprehensive reporting with automatic evaluation and test runs a comparison
- GUI test run with real time results
- State of the art response body extractor (Boundary body extractor)
- CI/CD ready
Download link: https://www.smartmeter.io/
Blazemeter is a testing platform for developers. It helps you to run highly scalable, open source-based tests for all types of web and mobile apps.
- Simulate thousands or millions of virtual users
- Integrate BlazeMeter with other Continuous Integration servers like Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis, etc.
- Real-time Reporting and Comprehensive Analytics
Download link: https://www.blazemeter.com/